Sign in to follow this  
Scholar

Qiqong exercise for increased focus?

Recommended Posts

Im in need of an qiqong exercise to increase my concentration skills, I going to do an important test next week and need to be the more concentrated possible(I have low attention span).Im pretty good at maths but I commonly make mistakes because of lack of attention

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you need it by next week for an important test, sleeping qigong is your best bet.  Or even just getting more sleep than your regular amount.  And going to bed earlier.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

If you need it by next week for an important test, sleeping qigong is your best bet.  Or even just getting more sleep than your regular amount.  And going to bed earlier.  

What specific qiqong you recomment? Thanks for the answer

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she’s talking about the same sleeping qigong i know, it’s here at www.qigongchinesehealth.com,

 

but I think she knows a different variation than the one Dolic teaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

If she’s talking about the same sleeping qigong i know, it’s here at www.qigongchinesehealth.com,

 

but I think she knows a different variation than the one Dolic teaches.

 

Wang Liping's shuigong is the only one I've practiced.  There's been a discussion of other versions and a book mentioned not long ago:  "Daoist Sleeping Meditation: Chen Tuan's Sleeping Gong," by Tom Bisio.

 

 

12 hours ago, Scholar said:

What specific qiqong you recomment? Thanks for the answer

 

I don't know of a qigong that would rearrange one's mind toward better focus within a week.  In the time left before your test, I think your best bet is just making sure you get enough sleep, it usually works very well toward the goal.  

 

For long term improvement, shuigong (sleeping qigong) is reputed to help with focus, but any good traditional qigong works as well.  I like yijin jing, badua jin, shibashi (there's a more traditional version and a "promoted" version, I only know the traditional one), Five Animal Frolics, to name the ones I've practiced -- but there's a lot of other qigongs out there, some are probably good, others, who knows.  I'd suggest finding a teacher though.  Any good traditional qigong can be used toward improving your mental focus by improving your mind-body connections.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Chen Tuan's Sleeping Gong

 

I don't know if it's the same, but Chen Tuan as I know went to Hua Shan where Liuhebafa came from, and Hua Shan is also where our system of Sleeping Qigong came from. From what I read on Liuhebafa, the form came to him in dreams as well.

 

Either way, it has made my Xin Yi Liu He Quan much better because it's a perfect match. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get some nice fresh air and exercise in the week before the test, listen to some good tunes and sleep well.

On the day of the test put some tunes on in the morning and dance around in your pants.

Then go to the test hall, drink a can of Diet Coke and hit it.

Give yourself a reward afterwards like nutella pancakes.

I got a degree in Maths and this works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Just get some nice fresh air and exercise in the week before the test, listen to some good tunes and sleep well.

On the day of the test put some tunes on in the morning and dance around in your pants.

Then go to the test hall, drink a can of Diet Coke and hit it.

Give yourself a reward afterwards like nutella pancakes.

I got a degree in Maths and this works.

 

I like the fresh air, exercise and sleeping well.  A caffeine boost before the test sounds smart too.

 

 

Course Qigong isn't magic and we're not in an 80's movie montage.  I'd recommend trying some self hypnosis routines for memory and test taking.  You can google it; I'm sure youtube (ENtrance, Michael Sealy, Jason Stephenson..) has a wide variety.  Find one or two that you like, transfer them to mp3's (google it) and listen daily.   By definition a light hypnotic state is concentrated and relaxed.

 

Edited by thelerner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Scholar said:

Im in need of an qiqong exercise to increase my concentration skills, I going to do an important test next week and need to be the more concentrated possible(I have low attention span).Im pretty good at maths but I commonly make mistakes because of lack of attention

 

Essential oils might be your best bet.

To minimize those mistakes always review what you've done (writing again) on a separate paper (if you have time after finishing the test).

 

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I don't know of a qigong that would rearrange one's mind toward better focus within a week.

 

+ 1, + he would have less time to study.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do trataka. Don't close eyes take brakes, when you see double too often, instead.

Edited by EmeraldHead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this