Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

Happy...

Happy Valentine's day...
i mean President's day...
i mean Memorial day...
i mean Veteran's day...

i mean Mother's day...
i mean... Happy Insecure Country Day and all the subsequent bluster that goes into compensating lack of meaning and connection with insubstantial projections of fantasy that billboard the inherent ephemeral insubstantiality...

is that too much sharing?  it's hard to tell lately...

sincerely though... love y'all.

Spoiler

mean it

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Insecure Country Day?

Oh my.. perhaps grill a burger (veggie if you prefer), and enjoy and appreciate the day with family and friends. Or pour over a good book if you prefer. 

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 1

its a good excuse to buy fireworks and light 'em off :D

(its even better when its been raining, because then FD & PD really dont care...they generally dont care anyway unless you're starting to get to where you're competing with the amusement park's fireworks or something, lol)

Investigating my own "happiness", I see that both my "happiness" and my "unhappiness" are automatic, and that I don't really know what I am feeling in the emotional energy body.

Normally I have a story about what I am feeling .... that might bear no relation to the actual energy field within me.

That story tells me "I am happy" ... or sad or angry or whatever.   

It's always clearly defined.

But when I rest and feel the energy of my actual emotions I find something very interesting .... my actual emotions are quite unique, they are not so clearly defined ... it could be sad with colours of resentment and something I can't quite put my finger on.   I can feel the energy, I can reconcile the energy, but it's hard to say exactly what it is.

But the story is always very "clear" .... !!!

Sometimes I notice that when I am "angry" ... (when the story says I am angry) .... in fact I am just spaced out.

And when I am "happy" .... in fact I am resentful.

And when I am "sad" .... in fact I am happy, but disguising it.

The "story" in the head has its own energy body, which is very confusing.

So there is an energy body around the head that contains the story and also some emotional energy.

This head-centered body seems to be about pleasing other people and conforming to social pressures.
And a much larger energy body around the physical body with the true emotions.

And if everyone is like this, then it can be said that I know not the day nor do I know the hour.

I know myself, so I think.

But in fact I don't know myself at all, and it is a journey to discover myself.

Edited by rideforever

aaah George...

tell me a story George...

and the bombs are shaped like dicks... :lol:

dick bombs, that cost more than the guy firing them makes in a year, landing on a man who wouldn't make that much money in his lifetime, even if it hadn't been shortened by said bomb.

And while we don't dominate the world in education, health care, or production, we sure have set the tone for the media packaging of spin and bullshit and the production of bombs... on both sides of the aisle.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Haha 1

I feel like a minority in that I can't not notice, or forget for long that America was not founded on freedom and liberty, but on profit.

America began as a business venture.  A for profit venture capital investment by the European nobility structure.  And it's pretty evident to see the model's characteristics playing out in the for profit nature of almost every aspect of life here.  Health care for profit?  Privatize education?  Profit prison systems? 

"We hold these truths to be self evident... that all men are created equal."  Written by white guys who owned people as property and were tired of their profits being taken by their boss, so they claim independence.

whew... well... at least I'm not bitter about it... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went to a restaurant and asked for food. The server brought it to me. I ate it and it was good. Then the server gave me a bill. I asked, "How can you charge me for food, when food is essential to my life?"

The server responded, "food is also essential to my life. How do you expect me to live if I give you all I have for free?"

• Thanks 1

Those white men produced a pretty enlightened document in the Constitution.  Laying out the blue print for a government that could and would evolve towards greater freedoms at a time when common rule was whims of monarchs and aristocrats.  

They set forth a paradigm where the common man had much more voice in the government, imperfect at the time and while not perfect now, set the tone of freedom, and in general freed us from tyranny of the monarchy and dictatorship.  Setting the course for the modern world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2019 at 12:25 PM, silent thunder said:

I feel like a minority in that I can't not notice, or forget for long that America was not founded on freedom and liberty, but on profit.

America began as a business venture.  A for profit venture capital investment by the European nobility structure.  And it's pretty evident to see the model's characteristics playing out in the for profit nature of almost every aspect of life here.  Health care for profit?  Privatize education?  Profit prison systems? 

"We hold these truths to be self evident... that all men are created equal."  Written by white guys who owned people as property and were tired of their profits being taken by their boss, so they claim independence.

whew... well... at least I'm not bitter about it... :lol:

Glad you're not bitter, but ,

Don't forget that those slaves were originally enslaved by other black people in Africa. 

The Vikings and Chinese and Romans ,and just about everybody, enslaved people same color as themselves , or different.. at some time. 

When making the cold calculation of buying or selling people for a price, the color of the person isn't all that important when compared to the cash.

But the division does relieve the concern that one is not going to find themselves enslaved, and allows a double standard to be perpetuated.

The Noble ideas about the rights of men could be maintained Because the double standard functioned as an excuse. The Noble ideas were indeed noble, the horrible actions were certainly Not enlightened. 

Slavery in America was indeed tied to commerce in the Atlantic and the Founders were forced to comply with that since it was economically pivotal. However,,

There have always been a significant percentage of Americans who wanted to abolish the practice ,and

There were always problems with the system, apart from the moral ones. For example,

A free man would find it hard to make a decent living when competing with the -even more unfortunate -enslaved. 

The Constitution, was written with the full expectation that the country would outgrow the outrageous institution. 

They understood that it was a hypocritical and immoral stance. 

But the Fledgeling nation could not have successfully maintained itself without a concession to slavery.

While ,those who were guilty of things , are rightly accused of those things , not every white person was guilty. 

Abolitionists were present right from the beginning. 

Slavery had to be written into law to ..maintain it as the established standard.. similar to the laws of the Jim Crow period were needed to revive aspects of it, and in the brief period since 1965, most Americans are quickly trying to leave that far behind, because the ideas regarding the universal rights of humanity are already ingrained, and those will reign unchallenged supreme , when we really just do not give a crap what color someone else is, or we ourselves ,are. 

Busing issues? Give me a f-n break.

Edited by Stosh

18 hours ago, silent thunder said:

oh ah... ok then

😁 It just presented an opportunity to enter some stuff into the public domain , not that you were targeted.

Sign in to follow this