Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Travels in the False World

Recommended Posts

Sitting in the coffee shop today, doing my paintings, reading my books.

Young couple with red faces (drunk) shrieking down the road at their kids.

Yesterday a beautiful elegant woman with a new born in arms, very elegant beautiful dress, classic looks.   

Patting the baby a little too forcefully.   

Then the baby cries and out comes the bottle to jam in his face .... the tiny new born arms desperately reaching to push it away, but the bottle almost the same size as his head shoved in ... and these tiny arms pushing back.

 

A family of 4 sit next to me ... they have an awful feeling tone to their voice, generational depression.

Why does it bother me ?
Yes there is a reason : because the ego is ... trying to grab attention from other people, it is always concerned with how others view its self-image, concerned with authority, with disciplinig and shame others, with this and that ... it connects with you to snatch your energy, it is a collective energy stealing ... prior to being awake.   They are asleep and dreaming.

It dawns on me that these people are very happy here.

Nobody can save them because their joys and pains are EXACTLY commensurate with their state of consciousness.

They are exactly where they need to be.

 

If you came up with a medicine that cured a big disease, the society with its many organisations and institutions, it would send the idea here, there, chew it up a bit here, .... everyone trying to get rid of this disturbance.

Like cogs in a big shredder, shred here, shred.

Eventually nothing would left.

This is how sleeping people destroy things that might wake them up.

 

Same with spiritual knowledge.

A little re-write here, a little creative accounting there.

Every generation chewing it a bit, burying it a bit.

Until ta-dan .... the job is done.

Every piece of light is buried.

And they don't have to be disturbed any more.

Sleeping time.

 

So why am I here ?

Somehow due to being a little consciousness and a lot smashed around and not dying ... somehow I woke up during the operation.

There is nothing for me here.

There is nothing to save.

 

The only job is rapid exit.

And there is company, with others who woke up somehow.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You speak of ego, yet no mention of how much ego it takes to judge others from just a momentary glimpse at their lives.

 

On what authority do you have to assign child abuse, drunkenness and depression to these people?

 

I am genuinely curious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rideforever said:

 

Yes there is a reason : because the ego is ... trying to grab attention from other people, it is always concerned with how others view its self-image, concerned with authority, with disciplinig and shame others, with this and that ... it connects with you to snatch your energy, it is a collective energy stealing ... prior to being awake.   They are asleep and dreaming.

It dawns on me that these people are very happy here.

Nobody can save them because their joys and pains are EXACTLY commensurate with their state of consciousness.

They are exactly where they need to be.

 

 

Thank you for sharing. Very cool observations. 

 

I thought the same way for a while. The difference between ‚Äúawake‚ÄĚ people and ‚Äúasleep‚ÄĚ people was glaringly obvious to me, and sometimes a bit troubling.¬†

 

Now, I kind of see it as it’s all a play... a manifestation of consciousness in its various forms.  Different gradations of the same awareness. The perception of being awake and asleep, is only on the surface. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The seed of fetters are not sown by appearances but by the simultaneous birth of aversion and craving upon sense contact. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps it's the life less examined that is to be tread/envied. So far in my experience I have found little application for what I've accomplished in private and my insights have only made interfacing with western society at large all the more challenging 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be time to establish a wild-eyed new subforum, "Today in between 9-hour zhanzhuang sessions I went to Starbucks (only because their bathroom is more spacious than the indie joint, otherwise I'd totally go to the indie joint, like fuck corporate, yknow?), and anyway, as I was exerting my LDT induction force to slurp the chunky-yet-delish dregs of my second caramel-mint-double-choc venti frappe with extra cream on top and two extra espresso shots through a woefully thin straw, I suddenly looked around and realized all the other patrons were fucking retarded ZOMBIES man!"

 

Kinda a long name, could just be called Ventibums or something...

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

7 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

Perhaps it's the life less examined that is to be tread/envied. So far in my experience I have found little application for what I've accomplished in private and my insights have only made interfacing with western society at large all the more challenging 

what was that jiddu krishnamurti said about it not being any sign of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyoji said:

 

 

what was that jiddu krishnamurti said about it not being any sign of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society?

 

I didnt watch the video, though I'm aware of that lofty often misattributed quote and remember using it as something of a crutch, if only for a fleeting time. 

 

I personally would've appreciated a larger bold font disclaimer on the path of energy cultivation etc. I've been deprived of the illusory comfort provided by a number of things, things I didnt really think I had too much invested in. More of note I've developed, or rather intuit mostly, many rather casual things in a depth that I've still yet to grow into. 

 

I'm appreciative of all that's been gifted to me over the years, the aforementioned and beyond, though I still have yet to find a Real application for them. Many of the ways that I consider myself to have improved in terms of my self and my relation to my surroundings could've been done on relatively mundane terms.

 

Sometimes I feel as though I've burdened myself with much unnecessary sorrow and built a spaceship to go up the street a few blocks, time will tell of course.

 

Sometimes one doesn't really take into consideration what it means to begin to free oneself from illusion, hopefully from this world, while residing in a geography built upon many illusions and driven primarily by ego/biological imperatives 

 

I appreciate your response

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Walker said:

Might be time to establish a wild-eyed new subforum, "Today in between 9-hour zhanzhuang sessions I went to Starbucks (only because their bathroom is more spacious than the indie joint, otherwise I'd totally go to the indie joint, like fuck corporate, yknow?), and anyway, as I was exerting my LDT induction force to slurp the chunky-yet-delish dregs of my second caramel-mint-double-choc venti frappe with extra cream on top and two extra espresso shots through a woefully thin straw, I suddenly looked around and realized all the other patrons were fucking retarded ZOMBIES man!"

 

Kinda a long name, could just be called Ventibums or something...

 

I'm in. This is me all over, though, I also include myself in the retarded zombie club. And also, have you seen a zombie that isn't technically retarded? I suppose the crimson-heads from Resident Evil, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt this morning (Britain's next PM) ... realising it doesn't really matter.  These people are far from the truth ... taps nails on desk.  It doesn't matter what humanity does, they don't know what the problem is let alone the answer, and they don't care enough to change.    Or is it ?   Even this I am not sure about.

"Always with you what cannot be done ..." 

How to live, how to deal with such a world, how to deal with me ?
There are different overseeing principles that can be employed.

One is Zhan Zhuang, just pump the power in over the top to take care of any problems, just forget about finding the exact cause .... we are not in an "exact cause" kind of a world ... we are in a world full of disharmonious energies ... just plug in the mains, it's more efficient and more reliable.

Society ?  They do bad things, many sick people.  How to hang out here ? 

Should you split yourself (i.e. smile friendly to everyone but inside the anchor of knowing the truth is most clearly held fast to) ?

Should you work simply on energy, meaning taichi your way down the street, flowing were your awakened energy takes you ?
Should you discard society and work on the principle of law of attraction, attracting scenes that more and more closely resemble your desired vibration ?
Should you do it like A Course in Miracles, treat every encounter as a bridging of "the miracle of god" with someone else ?

Well, I don't know.

I will have to try all of the above, it is the only way to know.

I would have to try all of the above systematically and seriously to know.

Am I guided ?
And is that guidance any good or has the spiritual TomTom got bad firmware ?
I don't know.

Shall we discard even concepts and try to enter the unknown like UG Krishnamurti talks of ?
Enter the unknown and trust it more than you do your balls ?

We do all love each other, we are crazy about each other, I realised that last week ... maybe there is just too much power in life and we need to dial it down to get ready.

There is a natural power behind life, with its rhythms, certainly following that is a true life.

If you proceed far ahead of mankind then ... the onus is on you to master your journey and reach the summit; conceal your illumination.

Everything is fine until you come to the money question.

But perhaps we should not protect this life or this life in society that much.

 

It's always been like this, hasn't it?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rideforever said:

Should you split yourself (i.e. smile friendly to everyone but inside the anchor of knowing the truth is most clearly held fast to) ?

Should you work simply on energy, meaning taichi your way down the street, flowing were your awakened energy takes you ?

 

I say pretty much "yes" to both of these. It's accurate to Daoist doctrine, to understand that we all play parts like actors in order to get through life. Recognising (as well as accepting) this is such a simple yet correct way to look at life. Nothing really matters in the end...you know that, everyone else around you doesn't, but nevermind.

 

And I tai chi my way down the street all the time. Figuratively speaking. I practice with as much focus as I can, and let the relaxed flowing mind and body carry itself out into the big bad world.

 

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

It's always been like this, hasn't it?

 

Afraid so!

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this