Posted (edited)

The Original article has been deleted: 'Are you a Shaman'  'I'll remember it as the book that I didn't write' :lol:

The good thing

This post is generally about a class/type of Shaman sometimes called 'spirit guides'. This type that I have experience with is involved in frequenting the unseen/spirit world. This crossing over is NOT about lucid dreaming or other types of visualizations that are preformed within the physical world. Shaman as spirit guides are crossing over to what is sometimes called the realm of the dead. 

In my experience: crossing over into the unseen world while still alive is a real challenge for some, and considerably dangers.

That said, In my experience: many but Not All Need many years of various experience and practices, that are focused toward getting a persons mind body and spirit up to snuff. I am not trained to teach such practices even though I had the experience of helping others to train, along side of me while training, and I have assisted some trained as such,  to successfully self initiate.

In my experience: The difference between a trained teacher and a experienced unseen world worker, the worker has self initiated through the way of sincerity, while the teacher is training in the way of wisdom (a teacher might not ever self initiate while still alive). However a teacher can teach even if they have not crossed the (abyss), where as one who is untrained as a teacher but has had the experience of crossing the (abyss) can only assist in a trained persons self initiation. (Why is it called self initiation? it is called self initiation because: at the level of training that I am referring to the initiate is expected to ^create the circumstances of his own initiation, the presents of a more advanced practitioner being presents is just needed to provide a second, (a second is a witness and is also used as a lessor energy source within a three legged stool=(a major energy source, a lessor energy source and a passive energy source)), this is the scenario of creative ^^destiny tweaking, that is required for self initiation. (a question: which energy source is assigned to the self initiation, good question: the self initiator has to be the main energy source, the second is the lessor energy source, and the passive energy source can be a number of things, depending on the taste of the one self initiation, if practiced a certain way the self initiator can use his own internal self as as passive energy source, his merkabath, a domain bubble, some other tuple.

^creat-a type of ^^^^tantra that I have discovered is not used or known in the general population.

^^destiny tweaking-a practitioner is a transcending state makes a patiant effort to view the subtle energy's of the past (as in memorize (pictures) stripping off the emotional energy) this energy to be used: in a effort to patiently create energized movements in the Current Now, that will 'hopefully' effect subtle changes in the future-'more of a Art form then a science'.

There are some types of shaman who under the right conditions are able to take people on shaman journeys. When I was young I did done this a few times, It is very stressful to hold/project for others the images/feelings while trying to have fun at the same time (if your not having fun neither are they) (this type of shaman journeying  is not meant to realy go anywhere (projected from memory's), it is just to give a taste of what traveling within the unseen world would be like). In my experience: this type of shaman journeying seamed to help a few of those with me to connect and get a taste of the unseen world (in my experience: once it is real to you, then you can keep it that way if you focus on it). The magic for this has to be drawn from within the participants when they are in the right mood as a group, else the strain on the shaman is very taxing. That is why in ceremonies and such a lot of props are sometimes used and a unifying mantra(s) is recited.  The whole point to all of this ceremonial business is to form or access a already formed collective mind that can be held in place within the group by a totem=(this can temporally be the shaman). this collective mind can act like a battery of life energy and if used properly it can provide a #^evolutionary upgrade (leading to a initiation) to one or more of the individualizes within the group, if no one is benefited from the quickening power of this collective mind then, you are just socializing and 'you might as well just go to church:wacko:'.

#Shaman working as spirit guides in lower vibration Clements:

#^Before you asked, the evolutionary upgrade would be to elevate/quicken the spirt of a person to the point were they could view and eventually learn to travel within the unseen world-(the initiations mentioned above are multi in nature and frequently involve the giving of a totem or tool that can only be accessed within the unseen world). Also I don't personally advocate attempting to do to much *1down word viewing/traveling (without proper instruction) unless it is just for the experience of getting a taste of what is possible. 

*1 The down world as it is sometimes called: In my experience: the down world is actually up from here vibrating faster then in the physical world, it seams to be the backwash/buffer or the medium between dimensions/worlds, with all kinds of beings accessing it, crossing it, hanging out in it, from both higher and lower vibrational planes.

^^^^Tantra-churning the milky ocean-Egypt:

Seth-Horus-OverSoul.jpg.33b216a29f543e082c275c1250586101.jpg

^^^^Tantra-churning the milky ocean-Indian:

483px-Samudramanthan.jpg.1ad5bc21af243ba7123a112b9b910a78.jpg

Unknowing Shaman abilities holding a person back from what they want/ Or are they?:blink:

I received my first interaction after Returning from my spirit quest to India, . I was approached by a persons higher self/functional spirit. The spirit used proper etiquette and approached me politely. We communed together over the span of a couple of days. This spirit made several requests of me and I declined, all but one. I excepted the challenge to demonstrate to the spirits physical self their reluctance to receive the knowledge to create/become what they realy wanted, which is to become a evolved spiritual being. This persons higher self/spirit managed to create a way to get their physical self to come over to my physical house (not a easy thing:blink:), then they began a conversation with me. Knowing what their spirit wanted for them I led the conversation toward me attempting to demonstrate to them a particular post on the DBs forum also encouraging them to join the DBs forum for further cultivation.

At this point I allowed the persons power to flow within my domain.  Immediately their power began  producing the opposite effects of what  they realy wanted, by totally blocking me form finding any of the helpful posts on DBs that I thought would point them in the wright direction, so that they could #*open a supported channel and begin being cultivated by knowledge from their higher spirit self that they had been continually blocking.

#*(I have been researching a collective mind/Egregore Folk Soul Gistalt/tulpa through a connection/portal that has formed within the field created by the free flowing collective of associations within DBs)

I mentioned to the person that I felt blocked in finding anything that I wanted to show them within the DBs forum, and they eagerly jumped in saying that they had often experienced such negative results when someone was trying to show them something concerning spirit based powers. I explained to them how this power blockage was causing a continues type of spirit world dueling between their higher self/spirit and themselves, and by extension others who where trying to help or teach them, and that it often effected people in their outer environment in other ways. I mentioned that except in controlled circumstances like I was providing at that moment, that their internal dueling often takes place with the participants being unaware of anything going on except for a uncomfortable feeling, and that those trying to help would frequently experience a inability to produce good explanations of helpful ideas that they are intending to express.

Then I verbally gave the person examples of the same types of powers blocking various peoples spirit advancements toward becoming evolved. Including but not limited to various people consciously running away form becoming a Shaman. (Non verbally I mentioned the famous story in the bible about a guy in the bible who was swallowed by a whale and latter spit out, then he still wound up becoming a shaman and servicing a community), a non verbal comment can sometimes trigger a synchronicite reaction within a person, and can act as a catalyst to the person becoming more enthusiastic toward the situation.

I took the time to explain what I was going to do to show the duality and the imbalance between this persons physical/mental desires and the knowledge from their higher self which is meant to assist them in obtaining the actual desires of their heart.

in a friendly demonstrative way. I distracted the person by saying the words 'I communicate with dragons'. This distraction, caused the focus of their power to drop and then I easily with two clicks of the mouse, landed on the exact post within DBs that I had decided to show them for a example. Then I explained the entire process to the person and made it clear that they were blocking the receiving of a fullness of their own desires by the unknowing activation of their own creative powers. They got the fact that their desires were being blocked by their fear of (usually thoughts/beliefs with emotional content, planted by parents, outer involvement, etc...) success, when I explained that in some cultures becoming a shaman (spirit guide or other) is feared and shunned and that this fear (of the unseen world) seams to be inbreed insome way or other in all people to a degree. I had more to explain but the pizza for my grand kids was cooking in the oven and was starting to burn at the same time the persons ride home was there. (this is still a work in progress):)

The following are comments and answers to posts that seam to be general enough to post here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks to a connection to a newly forming DBs entity I am finally getting better at posting:

I do want to discourage/encourage you from becoming some type of a shaman, because in my experience it hasn't been a easy ride.

I'm not trained to be a teacher or a healer, at least not for the forcible future.

So I'll just post a little background from my experiences:

My spirit guide/spirit healing (there is a unpopular name for it) business is frequently brutal, most some people seem to fear or hate/ and have been trained (in the west) to be revolted by those who do my kind of shaman type spirit work (although I have heard that in some cultures shaman spirit work gets a little respect). I have read a little about some cultures were there is some fear becoming a shaman because of the sickness that comes to many before or after some of the initiations that are what aids a person in becoming the exact type of functional/(spirit) shaman that their heart/higher self has chosen for them.

So if anyone still thinks that it is for them then I can only suggest that you prepare in every way that you can (yoga, energy moving practices)=shows sincerity/intention and at the same time be on the lookout for the right teacher(s) to come into your life (frequently potential teachers test you in sneaky ways, and in-general they are not obvious at first), (a teacher could even be a relative that just hasn't opened up to you yet), in my line of work celestial spirit guides as teachers are also possible.

If you get a spirit guide(s)/teacher(s)/mentor(s) they can be relentless, training can be more painful then you can imagine (the type of training depends mainly on what kind of shaman that your heart chooses to become)

Finally if you wind up running around the unseen world, my experience: you could anger all kinds of beings who could follow you about looking for some sort of payback. Family and friends (If you haven't lost them), might think that you are beyond weird, and they many loose respect for you. Then when traveling or repairing spirits or other items within the unseen world, you get to come up with damages to your body, general heath and even property, that seem to others to just pop in from nowhere.

There is a good side, connections, to spirits\avatars that can heal you, sometimes connecting with avatars, angels, daemons/demons that are cool to work with, and sometimes even getting to meet creatures that aren't seen around the normally visible world. Finally after many initiations, and much becoming you can get to know the real you.

specific post and answers: FROM: https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/49240-are-you-a-shaman/?page=2

Why do you say it's a good practice technique for working with spirits also?  Are you speaking of spirits in a dual sense?  Or do you use spirits in a lineage sort of way?

I was just being polite and conversational when I said "This sounds like a good practice technique for working with spirits also.'

I realy admire your intensity, focus and great questions. The information to the question: 'Are you speaking of spirits in a dual sense?, is long, and the same for ' Or do you use spirits in a lineage sort of way?' If you want I will post on these in the Shaman post at the top when I have time. I am just now getting to your post before this one.

Are you speaking of spirits in a dual sense?

In my experience: To create a functional spirit adjustment within the unseen world, takes a personal sacrifice, and usually a powering up or quickening of that spirit. This quickening is done in a similar why to what you described in your healing process.   

Or do you use spirits in a lineage sort of way?

In my experience: spirits in a lineage of spirits, to me means a type of priesthood, where the past spirits are ceremonially connect to the present which gives the current person a added volume or base that can boost their footprint/domain within the present dimension of time.

END OF GENERAL COMMENTS FROM POSTS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A comment to shaman / the following might be offensive to Buddhists

Spoiler

A little ancient Egyptian information for functional rainbow/spirit body creators and travelers:

The ancient egyptians believed the five parts of the soul were the Ba, the Ren, the Ib, the Ka, and the Sheut.

The lais the last part of the soul is the Sheut, or the shadow. It could be used to perform a shadow execration, even more powerful than a standard execration. It was the silhouette of the soul, a backup copy.

The Ba was the personality, whatever makes them unique.
The Ren was the secret name, the identity of the person. They still exist even if they die if their name is remembered.
The Ka was the life force that leaves the body when it dies. The ka can also power spells, but doing so can be deadly.
The Ib is the heart, the record of good and bad deeds. It is weighed against the feather of truth. If the spirit passes the test, it was blessed with Aruu, the Egyptian paradise. If it failed, the heart was eaten by Ammit the Devourer.

Think about the fact that we also have 5 layers of skin

The 5 Layers of Your Skin: (nature seams to do things in similar patterns)
Stratum Basale or Basal Layer. The deepest layer of the epidermis is called the stratum basale, sometimes called the stratum germinativum. ...
Stratum Spinosum or the Spiny layer. This layer gives the epidermis its strength. ...
Stratum Granulosum or the Granular Layer. ...
Stratum Lucidum. ...
Stratum Corneum.

Credits:

lesliebaumannmd.com/the-5-layers-of-your-skin/
https://mythology.stackexchange.com/questions/490/what-were-the-five-parts-of-the-egyptian-soul

http://humanityhealing.net/2011/05/multidimensional-healing-i-psychopomp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGvnP0Ucyvk

http://www.beamsandstruts.com/articles/item/1014-jesus-the-shaman   SEARCH psycopoomp

Edited by mrpasserby
DRAFT Still adding content
  • Like 5

I am in a really sensitive and emotional frame of being today and I must say that I can find myself in every point; until I got to the tenth point; which gave me goose bumps.

The reason I came to the Daobums today was because I feel a pull to seek and ask questions. Without knowing what questions to ask.

As if I am getting myself ready so "the teacher" will come. Although I know my tribe will only show up later and this leg of the journey I venture alone.

Point seven is really of concern for me; and knowing stories of other shamans and their kin; I know what can happen if they fail to engage with their mission. Me, myself; I would wholeheartedly say yes if I knew to what to say yes.

Although I feel myself more of an alchemist or Gnostic than a shaman. For the people I encountered who I consider Shaman have more developed healing skill. While I just have the gift of word, intuition and the occasional foretelling dreams. Also my mind wanders to places and ideas that seem beyond this place.

While I figure out my own Dao and how to make that work in the practical world, it is really beautiful to see the sparks of light that people like you are.

If the nature of Shamanism as a bridge is to be standing outside of the tribe and forming a bridge, I give you a hearthfelt hug as a kindred spirit in the tribe we have in that non 3-dimensional place.

Be brave, this world is a bittersweet and hard place at times; but I firmly believe it is worth the effort.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I value your kind comments. I am sadly not a healer or a teacher. Being as how there are so few of my ilk, I have had to wear many hats. My main focus has been assisting  in repairing the damage to earth. I plan on adding more information about shaman.

@Hannes: 'Although I feel myself more of an alchemist or Gnostic than a shaman.

In my opinion: I would say try everything, breaking into any spirit based discipline can fall under being a shaman.  It is good to have many choices. I am not one of those who have a lot of verbal/written abilities, However I do have many years of experiences working with spirits within the unseen world.  

Any questions comments are appreciated.:)

Edited by mrpasserby
add content
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

I value your kind comments. I am sadly not a healer or a teacher. Being as how there are so few of my ilk, I have had to wear many hats. My main focus has been assisting  in repairing the damage to earth. I plan on adding more information about shaman.

@Hannes: 'Although I feel myself more of an alchemist or Gnostic than a shaman.

In my opinion: I would say try everything, breaking into any spirit based discipline can fall under being a shaman.  It is good to have many choices. I am not one of those who have a lot of verbal/written abilities, However I do have many years of experiences working with spirits within the unseen world.  

Any questions comments are appreciated.:)

What do you when working with these spirits? And how do you communicate?

Edited by welkin

I do have a lot of questions, but the main question would be, to drop me a PM when you plan to come to speak in Chicago.

Maybe it is worthwhile to contact Jeniffer Weigel. Next to being the writer of "I'm spiritual Dammit"; she is a journalist of people with gifts like you. http://www.jenweigel.com/

She works with people like caroline myss https://www.myss.com/ in the form of live interviews in theaters. 

I hope this helps you to get more known and heard.

I might ask more questions but I'll read your book first.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent!   I guess I got an A+ for the first ten questions, now I'll read the second part.

Second part is excellent too, and I learned some useful stuff.  Thank you.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

Are you a Shaman:

3. You are an introvert.

5. You’re very sensitive

6 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Excellent!   I guess I got an A+ for the first ten questions, now I'll read the second part.

Yep... 3 and 5 jumps off the page... I said to myself, that's SJ for sure :D

Sorry brother... I just couldn't resist :P  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dawei said:

I said to myself, that's SJ for sure

Ya, and feeling like I don't belong anywhere seems to top the list for me.  Lao Tzu mentioned a similar feeling in one of his chapters.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, welkin said:

What do you when working with these spirits? And how do you communicate?

Every situation is different, but generally I do all kinds of activities just like in the physical world, except the environment and many of the rules are different.

Unfiltered non verbal communication takes some getting use to, sometimes  is very liberating, 'except when its not:blush:', many spirits also mouth the words of their intended thoughts to avoid misunderstandings do to other thoughts getting in the way. Also a ancient type of *hand communication is frequently employed.

*'a old Indian chief that I was studding with told me that he could sign with any other Indian within the world. My experiment at signing with him using ancient unseen world signs, made him stress with the effort, but he eventually he figured out what I meant. Then he got mad because my spirit self which does the signing has no filter, so then he told me a story about 'how general Custer's last stand would not have happened if the Indian interpreter at Custer's last pow-wow hadn't mixed up some of the words that Custer spoke to the Indian chiefs that were there'. When all was said and done we departed as friends. :)

Edited by mrpasserby
My spell checker might Hate me
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Yep... 3 and 5 jumps off the page... I said to myself, that's SJ for sure :D

Sorry brother... I just couldn't resist :P  

I don't know what SJ means. The blocks of general information are meant to inform those who post on DBs but do not understand the basic tenets of Shaman activities. If the provided general information is offensive I will delete it and find other information about Shaman, so that I can have meaningful posts, in the future. Thanks :)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hannes said:

I do have a lot of questions, but the main question would be, to drop me a PM when you plan to come to speak in Chicago.

Your joking Right:lol:! I work with spirits, I only talk to people as needed. It has taken several years to begin any serious posting at DBs, and that has only occurred after I have received much cultivation at DBs, and even then it took a bounce back form what I believe is a Egregore/FolkSoul/Gistalt/Colective-mind-tuple, naturally forming with the input from some of the powerful minds that have focused on DBs while they were posting. (crazy wright!):huh:

P.S. you can be part of the experiment/process, pose a question while focused on the good subtle feelings that resonate from DBs. 

Edited by mrpasserby
clarify meanings
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, mrpasserby said:

Your joking Right:lol:! I work with spirits, I only talk to people when I have to. It has taken me years to begin any serious posting at DBs, and that has only occurred after I have received much cultivation at DBs, and even then it took a bounce back form what I believe is a naturally forming Egregore/FolkSoul/Gistalt/Colective-mind-tuple, with the input from some of the powerful minds that have focused on DBs while they were posting. (crazy wright!):huh:

P.S. you can be part of the experiment/process, pose a question while focused on the good subtle feelings that resonate from DBs. 

I wasn't really joking to be honest.

While raising vibration and consciousness can do a lot; we need people to communicate and teach in the physical world as well.

We need people that lead by example, that can inspire.

But writing a book already contributes to this; so thank you for that. It seems part of the Zeitgeist and seems such a beautiful development in such a transient period as today.

And thank you; I have many practical questions, from my next job to which country my wife and I should live in; to how I should approach my own spiritual development. I will concentrate on the energy of this forum while asking those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrpasserby said:

I don't know what SJ means. The blocks of general information are meant to inform those who post on DBs but do not understand the basic tenets of Shaman activities. If the provided general information is offensive I will delete it and find other information about Shaman, so that I can have meaningful posts, in the future. Thanks :)

SJ is short for Starjumper... I was busting his chops a bit.  Carry on :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks for clearing that up, I also enjoy friendly banter. :)

Edited by mrpasserby
clarify meaning
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Seems like I am fit, I'm unfit, I might be unfit for it? I've never seen spirits

I'm so unfit that I am unfit for the dao bums, how about that?

Predictable joke   I only come out of the woods to make useless ironic posts  -_-  ;), gotta make that post count higher somehow

Seems easy enough, lay down and let the thunderbird take me high 

Edited by King Jade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 1:42 PM, King Jade said:

Seems like I am fit, I'm unfit, I might be unfit for it? I've never seen spirits

A long time ago I posted a longer version of this story (OR did I!:ph34r:).

I new a practitioner who never saw a spirit, he had practiced and trained for 30 years, and worked as directed through ceremonies and the like. I as part of my moving up a notch in my calling had the opportunity to give him a final initiation, which had 3 parts. he passed each part with flying colors, the last of which was facing off against the most powerful sourcer that I new at the time. In the battle of wills that lasted a in-determined amount of time, the practitioner clearly saw the Scourer's spirit avatar and his fully functional tuple, as they entered the practitioners area of view the tuple did a kind of rhythmic dance apparently to distract the practitioner from engaging his will against the efforts of the scourer's spirit avatar to close the distance and enter the practitioners sacred space, to begin attempting to focus his will on the practitioner, tempting/intimidating the practitioner into becoming one of the Scourer's many followers. Not being taken in by the nerve racking rhythmic movements of the spirit spider like tuple the practitioner forced himself to focus on the scourer's spirit avatar 'which was the real threat'  and then he was able to banish both the two apparitions.

After reading many of your inspiring posts I for one think that you have realy got what it takes. :)

Edited by mrpasserby
clear up meanings
  • Like 1

I'm so grateful that you posted this topic, mrpasserby.  I have a history with this, and some of the criteria above make me feel so much better about my current state.

Yes, I believe I am - and have walked the path since reading the Castaneda series seriously as an adult maybe 30 years ago.  I did this because I was married to a native American man who was a shaman.  He put me on to the books, although I was pretty firmly entrenched in metaphysics at that point.  But to my delight I realized that so much of what Don Juan would tell Carlos was metaphysical in nature and merged so conveniently with my path.  

I have done some wonderful healing with this.  I use a shamanic-type ceremony (of course using rattles, drums, medicine staffs, healing hoop, sometimes cannabis to get into the second attention immediately).  I don't really require the ceremonial part for the healing, but people really like it and it keeps them a bit off-guard in their thinking; it keeps them from thinking "Oh this is ridiculous, it'll never work".  They're too distracted with the other stuff around.

Previously, when my husband was alive, he would perform an acknowledgment of the directions, things like that within the ceremony as well.  But my gift is to be able to see why the person is manifesting the malady, very deep personality dynamics, which I can see because of a 3rd eye and a 4th step.  Doing a recovery 4th step and acknowledging the blockages and unwanted traits within myself means I can recognize the problem in another.  Clarity appears.  And  I use the understanding that we are All One to anchor as a basis to escort that person to the other side, the side of health.

But what I'm really grateful for is this - the paragraph that talks about being an introvert because we're actually a sort of bridge from one field to another.  This gives me relief because I sometimes beat myself up for not wanting to participate in more things, and I have virtually no social life at all.  I just don't want to go out there.  And that's nothing new.  Neither Joe nor I, when he was alive, socialized with much of anybody.  The ceremonies may have been the most social part of us. 

Maybe now that I see that I have a reason for being an in introvert, I'll stop flogging myself.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, King Jade said:

Predictable joke   I only come out of the woods to make useless ironic posts  -_-  ;), gotta make that post count higher somehow

Seems easy enough, lay down and let the thunderbird take me high 

Amon Duul  ???

WOW ... I only know of two people who  know of them (including me )

I think it must have been a wild night before the morning of this photo of them   :D

1071_1.jpg

I am curious about the 'Shamanic trait'  of  feeling like 'not belonging  anywhere' as in my Shamanic tradition, that is a central part of it. One  just doesnt 'belong' to a place ... one is actually a part of it .

Recently an indigenous artist here won a self portrait competition , it was a picture of her 'country' .  people said , "No thats a landscape, She said,  " No, thats me ! "     And since , here anyway, that is an accepted tradition, it was allowed, and she won the comp.

But my tradition is a VERY old one , perhaps the oldest still extant on the planet ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzJNN6hOYTz_QHfKrGUDy

3db938338b72118906330e5881559fc7

here is my teacher with some of the nephs   ( his nephews)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 5:57 PM, Nungali said:

I am curious about the 'Shamanic trait'  of  feeling like 'not belonging  anywhere' as in my Shamanic tradition, that is a central part of it. One  just doesnt 'belong' to a place ... one is actually a part of it .

Recently an indigenous artist here won a self portrait competition , it was a picture of her 'country' .  people said , "No thats a landscape, She said,  " No, thats me ! "     And since , here anyway, that is an accepted tradition, it was allowed, and she won the comp.

But my tradition is a VERY old one , perhaps the oldest still extant on the planet ?

Thanks for sharing, I enjoined your family and the dances, to the Digity Do music.

'I am curious about the 'Shamanic trait'  of  feeling like 'not belonging  anywhere' as in my Shamanic tradition, that is a central part of it. One  just doesn't 'belong' to a place ... one is actually a part of it .' 

As far as not belonging, that has come up a lot in my lifes journey. It makes sense that I have adopted the name mrpasserby, in my shaman spirit journeying/posting. I do feel like part of the place that I am in now because I have created: my plot of land as a rune (works for one lineage), and I have created sacred spaces within my plot of land (one type for each lineage). I could only guess that your linage having been around so long that the runes are everywhere and the sacred spaces are two, both of which would make you feel as part of the place. also in my experience the genius loci of a area carry the memory of the inhabitants, I have experienced this because when searching for clues about the relatives from my other lineage I have gotten directions to their general whereabouts from the genius loci of the area. Also when I visit a place the first knight there I usually have to come to terms with the echoes of the previous inhabitants, especially if they where being violent over a long period of time.

'But my tradition is a VERY old one , perhaps the oldest still extant on the planet ?'

Your tradition reminded me of the shaman aborigines who met me when I was getting off the plane in Australia so many years ago. I mentioned to you in a realer post that he handed me a spirit to work on, and then left. The spirit was realy messed up but we could communicate and he helped me to learn so much as I repaired him, I am still thankful, and in Awe at the level of intuition that it took the elderly shaman to be there waiting for me when I got off of the plane. (nobody new that I was going to Australia:o:)

Edited by mrpasserby
spelling cleaned up typoes
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

This is an excellent point, friend.  You are absolutely right.  This I know when I am in consciousness.  When I fall out, I'm in duality.  You caught me in a moment of duality.

And the funny thing is, that when one remains in consciousness, knowing all things to be One, there is no feeling of out-of-placeness at all.  We are as much a part of that sidewalk as that tree.  The self-consciousness leaves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, manitou said:

I'm so grateful that you posted this topic, mrpasserby.  I have a history with this, and some of the criteria above make me feel so much better about my current state.

Yes, I believe I am - and have walked the path since reading the Castaneda series seriously as an adult maybe 30 years ago.  I did this because I was married to a native American man who was a shaman.  He put me on to the books, although I was pretty firmly entrenched in metaphysics at that point.  But to my delight I realized that so much of what Don Juan would tell Carlos was metaphysical in nature and merged so conveniently with my path.  

I have done some wonderful healing with this.  I use a shamanic-type ceremony (of course using rattles, drums, medicine staffs, healing hoop, sometimes cannabis to get into the second attention immediately).  I don't really require the ceremonial part for the healing, but people really like it and it keeps them a bit off-guard in their thinking; it keeps them from thinking "Oh this is ridiculous, it'll never work".  They're too distracted with the other stuff around.

Previously, when my husband was alive, he would perform an acknowledgment of the directions, things like that within the ceremony as well.  But my gift is to be able to see why the person is manifesting the malady, very deep personality dynamics, which I can see because of a 3rd eye and a 4th step.  Doing a recovery 4th step and acknowledging the blockages and unwanted traits within myself means I can recognize the problem in another.  Clarity appears.  And  I use the understanding that we are All One to anchor as a basis to escort that person to the other side, the side of health.

Thanks for the post, I don't realy relate to healing people, except for having been healed many time. Healing people has always been out of my reach.

I don't really require the ceremonial part for the healing, but people really like it and it keeps them a bit off-guard in their thinking; it keeps them from thinking "Oh this is ridiculous, it'll never work".

I do relate to the classic distraction technique I have used it in the past' Doing a recovery 4th step and acknowledging the blockages and unwanted traits within myself means I can recognize the problem in another.  Clarity appears.  And  I use the understanding that we are All One to anchor as a basis to escort that person to the other side, the side of health.

This sounds like a good practice technique for working with spirits also.:)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hannes said:

I wasn't really joking to be honest.

While raising vibration and consciousness can do a lot; we need people to communicate and teach in the physical world as well.

We need people that lead by example, that can inspire.

I apologize for doubting you, there is a lot of friendly banter that goes around from time to time.

In my experience: this new enthusiasm for spirit/unseen world training and experiences, is not going to attract many of the real to come out into the open. Some of the most talented practitioners that I know are looked upon unfavorably by the general public and even among their own piers. Even within groups that do important spirit work all but the essentials have to be hidden from the members. People just don't seam to be able to handle a actual encounter with a being from the unseen world. Thanks :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

Thanks for sharing, I enjoined your family and the dances, to the Digity Do music.

'I am curious about the 'Shamanic trait'  of  feeling like 'not belonging  anywhere' as in my Shamanic tradition, that is a central part of it. One  just doesn't 'belong' to a place ... one is actually a part of it .' 

As far as not belonging, that has come up a lot in my lifes journey. It makes sense that I have adopted the name mrpasserby, in my shaman spirit journeying/posting. I do feel like part of the place that I am in now because I have created: my plot of land as a rune (works for one lineage), and I have created sacred spaces within my plot of land (one type for each lineage). I could only guess that your linage having been around so long that the runes are everywhere and the sacred spaces are two, both of which would make you feel as part of the place. also in my experience the genius loci of a area carry the memory of the inhabitants, I have experienced this because when searching for clues about the relatives from my other lineage I have gotten directions to their general whereabouts from the genius loci of the area. Also when I visit a place the first knight there I usually have to come to terms with the echoes of the previous inhabitants, especially if they where being violent over a long period of time.

'But my tradition is a VERY old one , perhaps the oldest still extant on the planet ?'

Your tradition reminded me of the shaman aborigines who met me when I was getting off the plane in Australia so many years ago. I mentioned to you in a post that he handed me a spirit to work on, and then left. The spirit was realy messed up but we could communicate and he helped me to learn so much as I repaired him, I am still thankful, and in Awe at the level of intuition that it took the elderly shaman to be there waiting for me when I got off of the plane. (nobody new that I was going to Australia:o:)

Cool , The plane experience reminds me of a story, it became the subject of a short film,  cant remember its name . But goes something like ;

A new administrator arrives in a remote outback area , virtually all desert.  He has  old school racist attitudes. His contact has sent a message that she cannot meet him at the airport but will send 'Billy'.  The small plane lands on a desert strip with  a small  shed / airport. The man gets off the plane and   is complaining  and nearly faints at the heat. An old Aboriginal meets him at the plane and introduces himself as Billy. During the long walk to the  shed he is complaining about everything and his attitudes are apparent .

But then he gets a dizzy spell and nearly collapses. Billy helps him up and helps him walk ; 'Dont worry , not far, we will be in the shade soon .... '   But the walk gets longer and longer and the man notices there is no airport or shed any more. he turns and there is no plane or airstrip.

The story and his journey go on, thru the desert, the man lost, various things happen with Billy, the man seems caught in some type of nightmare. At times Billy seems his helper and others his tormentor .  Eventually the man comes to some level of realisation, but  although now in awe of Billy's power, he fears him.  But by now he has been lost and wandering for days. he doesnt know if Billy is helping him  or slowly torturing him. 

Then a man appears from now where. It is the pilot, he helps the man along and he realises Billy is on the other side helping him. The shed is ahead, he turns , the plane and airstrip are behind him . The pilot  says ; Are you okay, you nearly collapsed  there for a moment .:

"Dizzy spell, not used to the heat.'  Billy tells him.

He looks at the man and winks at him . 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

I apologize for doubting you, there is a lot of friendly banter that goes around from time to time.

In my experience: this new enthusiasm for spirit/unseen world training and experiences, is not going to attract many of the real to come out into the open. Some of the most talented practitioners that I know are looked upon unfavorably by the general public and even among their own piers. Even within groups that do important spirit work all but the essentials have to be hidden from the members. People just don't seam to be able to handle a actual encounter with a being from the unseen world. Thanks :)

What I said was is the spirit of connecting like minded people so we may learn and contribute to the understanding of the nature of reality and our individual and collective purpose (if any) in the whole.

In other news, I started reading your book; and I must say the first chapter really got to me emotionally. I'll reserve any comment until I finish the book, but I must say that I really love your writing style. The message you convey is something that resonates with what my wife and I, and her group of friends talk about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1