Owledge

Quickly detecting a fool is invaluable

On 5/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Fa Xin said:

"Want to meditate with me???" *eyes wide and staring*

I usually start with "Do you know who you really are?" and there's a deer-in-the-headlight look in the eyes of my "Victim"...and after a few more words, they'll slowly slink away :D 

(Works best in social gatherings when someone asks me why I don't drink ;) ) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dwai said:

I usually start with "Do you know who you really are?" and there's a deer-in-the-headlight look in the eyes of my "Victim"...and after a few more words, they'll slowly slink away :D 

(Works best in social gatherings when someone asks me why I don't drink ;) ) 

And here I was just flatly answering the question about not drinking with a simple, "I don't want to."

Shows how much skill I have... foolish me. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

And here I was just flatly answering the question about not drinking with a simple, "I don't want to."

You're lucky you don't have friends who tend to get drunk & persistent :) 

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Shows how much skill I have... foolish me. 

Nah...you are skillful alright. I just like to play this game. Some days, folks actually get curious (or not buzzed enough) to actually engage with me over it. Sigh! They'll ask "What do you mean, do I know who I am? Of course I do!".  So I'll ask "In an instant, without thinking, can you tell me who you are?" 

Some will keep saying "I'm a man, I'm a woman, I'm x, y z" and I'll keep saying "that required thinking...can you answer without a single thought?" :D 

Then they get annoyed and think I'm pulling a fast one over them. And then will walk away. Only a few, may be one in a hundred or so, actually get curiouser and curiouser. They'll ask "wow...I don't know...I can't say!". That's when I know, that we have something to talk about... :) 

• Like 2

regardless, "we all live on a yellow submarine..." 

• Haha 1

and there is a walrus swimming around in there somewhere...

5 hours ago, dwai said:

You're lucky you don't have friends who tend to get drunk & persistent :) 

Nah...you are skillful alright. I just like to play this game. Some days, folks actually get curious (or not buzzed enough) to actually engage with me over it. Sigh! They'll ask "What do you mean, do I know who I am? Of course I do!".  So I'll ask "In an instant, without thinking, can you tell me who you are?" 

Some will keep saying "I'm a man, I'm a woman, I'm x, y z" and I'll keep saying "that required thinking...can you answer without a single thought?" :D 

Then they get annoyed and think I'm pulling a fast one over them. And then will walk away. Only a few, may be one in a hundred or so, actually get curiouser and curiouser. They'll ask "wow...I don't know...I can't say!". That's when I know, that we have something to talk about... :) 

My Answer would go like this :) and I think we would both laugh.

• Haha 1