Patrick Brown

LGBT group severs links with Navratilova over transgender comments

A US-based organisation that campaigns for LGBT sportspeople has cut its links with tennis legend Martina Navratilova over comments she made about male-to-female transgender athletes.

The 18-times Grand Slam winner wrote it was "cheating" to allow transgender women to compete in women's sport as they had unfair physical advantages.

Athlete Ally said the remarks were transphobic and perpetuated myths.

It said it had sacked the star from its advisory board and as an ambassador.

In an article for the British newspaper The Sunday Times, Navratilova wrote: "A man can decide to be female, take hormones if required by whatever sporting organisation is concerned, win everything in sight and perhaps earn a small fortune, and then reverse his decision and go back to making babies if he so desires."

She added: "It's insane and it's cheating. I am happy to address a transgender woman in whatever form she prefers, but I would not be happy to compete against her. It would not be fair."

Trans sportswomen quickly hit back. Rachel McKinnon, who last year became the first transgender woman to win a world track cycling title, called the comments "disturbing, upsetting and deeply transphobic".

In its statement, Athlete Ally said Navratilova's comments were "transphobic, based on a false understanding of science and data, and perpetuate dangerous myths that lead to the ongoing targeting of trans people through discriminatory laws, hateful stereotypes and disproportionate violence".

It added: "This is not the first time we have approached Martina on this topic. In late December, she made deeply troubling comments across her social media channels about the ability for trans athletes to compete in sport. We reached out directly offering to be a resource as she sought further education, and we never heard back."

Athlete Ally said Navratilova joined as an ambassador and was honoured with an Action Award at the group's first annual gala in 2014.

She has since taken part in advocacy campaigns including signing an open letter calling on the International Basketball Federation (Fiba) to overturn its ban on the hijab and an open letter speaking out against an anti-trans bill in Texas in 2017.

The group said the former champion had not yet responded to its decision to drop her.

Navratilova has been a longstanding campaigner for gay rights and suffered abuse when she came out as gay in the 1980s.

Under guidelines introduced in 2016, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) allows athletes transitioning from female to male to participate without restrictions.

Male to female competitors, however, are required to have kept their levels of testosterone - a hormone that increases muscle mass - below a certain level for at least 12 months.

hqdefault.jpg

Read In Full: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47301007 

Here we go again! Now I'm the first to defend inter-sexed as I think gender reassignment of young children is a sin but people that choose to be mutilated with surgery is a different kettle of fish. I'm sure none of us have a problem with men dressing as women and gays but the conscious choice to be mutilated is something I do worry about.

OK so these people have the right to do what they like with their bodies, we get that. But the effects of their demands seem to be permeating throughout society and having a negative and disturbing effect. I particularly worry about the effects of all the media attention on younger people and the effects it may have. A gradually evolved awareness of the diversity of sexuality would be much more beneficial rather than the militant aggressiveness of those that opt for self mutilation!

I embrace sexual diversity but this transgender movement is becoming an oppressive cult and will only get worse and damage the avenues of acceptance for gay and lesbian rights which currently exist. It's almost like another form of extreme liberalism which many are beginning to realise is ultimately damaging to society.  

Edited by Patrick Brown
Added rest of article
  • Like 1

Just now, freeform said:

I think you’re mistaking this place for an identity politics forum.

I think these are valid discussions which go to the very heart of spiritual matters. Sex is the one unavoidable 'elephant in the room' and you either take it for granted or question it.

I believe the concept of male and female is just another stumbling block for mankind one which very few will ever understand. There is a hierarchy within the human sphere, whether people accept that or not, and choosing to breed and work is up to each individual. 

The whole concept of working and breeding is...

..?

You tell me? 

• Like 1

Primordial Chaos anyone ?

You are right to be very wary and weary at what comes out of the media these days.  And you would be even more right to start running in the opposite direction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Primordial Chaos anyone ?

You are right to be very wary and weary at what comes out of the media these days.  And you would be even more right to start running in the opposite direction.

Well I'm no fan of sports anyway but...

Why are people so keen to disregard this thread?

Is it a threat to their sexuality? The women here often like to joke about all the seamen retention threads, they can be amusing, but men do have to deal with their sex drive more than women perhaps? It is all about sex, you see. So again I ask why are people so quick to disregard this kind of thread? 

Is it a self-limiting perhaps and possibly something people are uncomfortable talking about? Is it men getting defensive about their masculinity and women fighting for their right to be feminine? 

Please explain and don't just rubbish the opportunity to discuss such things as it seems if people are running way from something? 

The forum moderates very strongly in relation to these issues.

I am personally happy to talk about such things from a spiritual perspective ... but I also would not like to be involved in meaningless conflict or disharmony. 

The sun is shining.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

I am personally happy to talk about such things from a spiritual perspective ... but I also would not like to be involved in meaningless conflict or disharmony. 

The sun is shining.

Exactly - but PatrickBrown did not frame this issue through the spiritual perspective, just brought up another political hot potato for people to argue over.

I believe that any focus on identity politics is counter-spiritual. In Daoist traditions you’re given a new name, in Buddhist traditions you’re told to break away from your family and get your head shaved - all examples of stripping away identity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, freeform said:

Exactly - but PatrickBrown did not frame this issue through the spiritual perspective, just brought up another political hot potato for people to argue over.

Just something in the news that caught my eye, no motive. 

5 minutes ago, freeform said:

I believe that any focus on identity politics is counter-spiritual. In Daoist traditions you’re given a new name, in Buddhist traditions you’re told to break away from your family and get your head shaved - all examples of stripping away identity.

Well I may be playing 'devils-advocate' but I think you're wrong. You need to know where you come from before you can figure out where you're going. I'm not playing identity politics that's just your perception. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Just something in the news that caught my eye

And now this thread is in the correct part of the forum for just that :)

56 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

Well I may be playing 'devils-advocate' but I think you're wrong. You need to know where you come from before you can figure out where you're going. I'm not playing identity politics that's just your perception. 

Well it’s not just me that got it wrong then - but the majority of the classical spiritual systems of the world too.

And you’ll need a more sophisticated argument than ‘you need to know where you come from’ to argue against those.

According to the spiritual traditions ‘where you come from’ is Spirit, Wuji, Dao etc - not some ‘country’ or race or gender or anything that has any relevance to identity. 

That doesn’t mean that you have no ‘identity’ on the human level - of course you do, but the aim of spiritual cultivation is to gradually shed it - layer by layer. Not to discuss it and form opinions and take sides on it etc. That’s identity politics. And that just adds layers. Which is fine - it’s just not spiritual cultivation.

Edited by freeform
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, freeform said:

And now this thread is in the correct part of the forum for just that :)

Well it’s not just me that got it wrong then - but the majority of the classical spiritual systems of the world too.

And you’ll need a more sophisticated argument than ‘you need to know where you come from’ to argue against those.

According to the spiritual traditions ‘where you come from’ is Spirit, Wuji, Dao etc - not some ‘country’ or race or gender or anything that has any relevance to identity. 

That doesn’t mean that you have no ‘identity’ on the human level - of course you do, but the aim of spiritual cultivation is to gradually shed it - layer by layer. Not to discuss it and form opinions and take sides on it etc. That’s identity politics. And that just adds layers. Which is fine - it’s just not spiritual cultivation.

You're wrong no one was going to from an opinion as you have just done!!!.

If I get time, won't be for a day or two I may come back and help you understand the fundamentals. 

But i'll leave you with one thing to mull over, you'll have two days to try and figure it out!

Why in most religious/spiritual traditions are men and women segregated?  

• Thanks 1

I think it's fair to defend oneself and society against the onslaught of actual identity politics, by having discussions about it.

The movement to get male-to-female trans people competing against women (or similar crazy things) is actual identity politics, and opposing it is just what sane people do. (People who were born as) men have an unfair physical advantage against (people who were born as) women.

Sure, let's respect trans people and make them feel welcome in the world, but let's also understand what respect is...versus what going overboard trying to appease antagonistic people is.

Unlike freeform, I do not believe that shedding one's identity is spiritual cultivation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Aetherous said:

The movement to get male-to-female trans people competing against women (or similar crazy things) is actual identity politics, and opposing it is just what sane people do. (People who were born as) men have an unfair physical advantage against (people who were born as) women.

Personally, I completely agree with that myself.

But that’s completely besides the point I’m making.

2 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

Why in most religious/spiritual traditions are men and women segregated?

That’s your penetrating question?

Because they are different and have different needs in cultivation. Why that’s so shocking and provocative I don’t understand.

For some reason people tend to think that if they’re part of some political argument, the ones that disagree with them hold the opposite political view. That’s not the case with me. I’m not supporting one team or the other - I don’t want any part of the game itself

Sure - I have a view, but I don’t think it’s important at all and not something to demonstrate about or have heated, emotionally charged debates about.

Men and women are different. If your body is a male body, you’ve different attributes to a female body - of course competition where these attributes are directly tested isn’t fair. Am I going to get into a heated argument with someone with the opposite view? Am I going to be defending someone with the same view? No. This argument has about the same innate value as whether broccoli or asparagus is the superior vegetable.

It’s all just a trivial waste of time. It has absolutely nothing to do with spiritual cultivation and it detracts from it. People fall into the trap of the inherent drama of any such debate - and by giving it a sense of importance just perpetuate this pathetic triviality.

If spiritual cultivation is not your main thing in life then have at it, of course - it can be entertaining, just as vehemently supporting ‘your’ sports team is entertaining. But if you think this is anything to do with spiritual cultivation then your definition of spirituality must have come from an Instagram meme.

• Like 2

On 20/02/2019 at 5:45 PM, freeform said:

That’s your penetrating question?

So it's a small thing to you then?

Because they are different and have different needs in cultivation. Why that’s so shocking and provocative I don’t understand.

That's not an answer that's an excuse.

For some reason people tend to think that if they’re part of some political argument, the ones that disagree with them hold the opposite political view. That’s not the case with me. I’m not supporting one team or the other - I don’t want any part of the game itself

This has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with sexuality as a stumbling block. 

Sure - I have a view, but I don’t think it’s important at all and not something to demonstrate about or have heated, emotionally charged debates about.

I agree and that's not what's going on here. 

Men and women are different. If your body is a male body, you’ve different attributes to a female body - of course competition where these attributes are directly tested isn’t fair. Am I going to get into a heated argument with someone with the opposite view? Am I going to be defending someone with the same view? No. This argument has about the same innate value as whether broccoli or asparagus is the superior vegetable.

As @Aetherous said above: 

defend oneself and society against the onslaught of actual identity politics, by having discussions about it.

We all accept that each individual is different but as Aetherous said a new form of sexual oppression is on the horizon. 

It’s all just a trivial waste of time. It has absolutely nothing to do with spiritual cultivation and it detracts from it. People fall into the trap of the inherent drama of any such debate - and by giving it a sense of importance just perpetuate this pathetic triviality.

Understanding what sexuality is and what it is saying about each person is very important. Someone once said "Know thy self" and that includes, to a greater or lesser extent, our masculinity and femininity. There's no trap in discussing this subject as it might help us to realises the slaves we are to our own biological and mental predispositions.  

If spiritual cultivation is not your main thing in life then have at it, of course - it can be entertaining, just as vehemently supporting ‘your’ sports team is entertaining. But if you think this is anything to do with spiritual cultivation then your definition of spirituality must have come from an Instagram meme.

Spiritual cultivation is everybody's main thing and it encompasses/embraces all-things how can it not? Sports and memes isn't what any of this is about. So you don't see any depth to this discussion which perhaps suggest either a reluctance on your part to understand or and inability to understand? 

Men and women being segregated in religious practices, monasteries etc, is obviously due to the animal attraction that arises between the sexes. The physical attraction between men and women clouds their minds and holds them at the animal level therefore hindering and often blocking any chance of insight. Basically the amount of energy people waste on sex physically, emotionally and mentally, is to their detriment and ultimate demise. How do I know this? Because I'm old enough to know such things! 

Of course in rare circumstances male and female interactions are used as a way of breaking through the polarity caused by our differentiated sexes. Most people agree that sexual activities are a dangerous path for those enquiring within because it's very easy to become self deluded. 

It's also worth mentioning that if things are denied they do have a tendency to fester and then come back and bite you. So I'm not advocating anything other than questioning the core fundamentals of being and one of those is our sexuality. As our mind are polarised so is our physical existence and therefore our very being. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

Spiritual cultivation is everybody's main thing and it encompasses/embraces all-things how can it not?

This is what it really comes down to I believe.

When I talk about spiritual cultivation I’m talking about the path one takes to cultivate the spirit in themselves.

It is an arduous lifetime process of spiritual practices that invariably separate one from society - if not by distance (most of the high level masters I’ve met tend to live in cities) - but by their disconnection from the societal mentality.

This is not everyone’s thing. In fact it’s very very few people’s real thing. Obviously there are those that enjoy feeling spiritual and dabbling in mindfulness for 12 minutes a day.

Just as people like to to talk about health but not everyone becomes a doctor. People like to watch gymnastics or musical performances but they generally don’t train to be gymnasts or musicians. At least very few do. And fewer still dedicate their whole life to becoming masters of it.

Spiritual cultivation is not for everyone. It’s a process of stripping down your ‘acquired self’ - everything from mental habits, to self identities, to emotions and preferences. It involves a lifetime of dedicated practice and lifestyle compromises. Just like what it takes to become a top solo violinist for example.

Most people don’t understand this. They think spirituality is just believing in god or being kind and grateful or doing ‘the right thing’ or furthering a cause or becoming a better person or ‘meditating’ and doing yoga once in a while or lighting incense and chanting om etc etc etc. This is the difference between humming along to a violin solo and being the violinist. And the difference is huge.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

So you don't see any depth to this discussion which perhaps suggest either a reluctance on your part to understand or and inability to understand? 

Or it suggests a reluctance to engage in triviality. The more you discuss and engage with trivial matters the more importance you give them and the more momentum they gain and the more force they carry which is what harms society.

My cat caught a bird the other day. A very pretty, colourful one. He didn’t even eat it. I imagine he just tortured it until it died. Then he vomited on my carpet and went for a nap.

Now if we decided that this is abhorrent and we published each occurrence of such an act in the papers and we discussed the issue in forums and we took sides, campaigning against cats and their viscious nature or for cats and their natural instincts... we might even draw parallels with our own darker aspects and call into question our own natural instincts and tendencies. Maybe we need some laws around the issue. Maybe we could get some charities involved. Have some celebrity spokesperson talk about it all... Get some experts in... 

If this happens all that results is adding layers and layers to our acquired minds and our moving further and further away from spiritual cultivation. 

It’s fine I guess if spiritual cultivation is not your thing... afterall life is boring without such entertainment. But if you’re a cultivator and you engage in this type of stuff, then you’re no longer on the path. You’re once again mired in triviality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, freeform said:

It’s fine I guess if spiritual cultivation is not your thing... afterall life is boring without such entertainment. But if you’re a cultivator and you engage in this type of stuff, then you’re no longer on the path. You’re once again mired in triviality.

Is not the one noteing the triviality the one mired in it?

To be free from it.

It would seem that one would either be an example or present examples of others who are or claim to be .

In most practices those having attained an achievement, choose to live among or engage with those who have not, thereby providing an example.

One that allows freedom of choice without judgment or condemnation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, windwalker said:

Is not the one noteing the triviality the one mired in it?

To be free from it.

It would seem that one would either be an example or present examples of others who are or claim to be .

I’m not sure I understand your point.

Are you saying that because I claim that something is trivial from the perspective of spiritual cultivation that means I’m lost in triviality? The triviality is in the eye of the beholder type thing?

And you want examples of people not discussing identity politics??

You can probably see that instead of diving into the subject as is, I reframed it as a discussion about the place of identity politics in spiritual cultivation. That’s more interesting to me. And I think it’s a more pertinent point in a spiritual cultivation forum.

2 hours ago, windwalker said:

One that allows freedom of choice without judgment or condemnation.

I’m not sure where you got that I’m against freedom of choice. I repeated it several times that triviality is fun and entertaining and that it’s probably a good pastime for non spiritual cultivators.

Without judgement or condemnation bit. Granted that new-age, Instagram-friendly spirituality is free of that, but the classics and the spiritual masters are not like that at all. At least not with their students and apprentices.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, freeform said:

a good pastime for non spiritual cultivators

This is almost a kind of snobbery! So do 'spiritual cultivators" really know anything or are they just followers of an ideology? You see where I'm going with this right?

13 minutes ago, freeform said:

Granted that new-age, Instagram-friendly spirituality is free of that, but the classics and the spiritual masters are not like that at all. At least not with their students and apprentices.

And again 'spiritual masters'!! You need to really start to explain what you're talking about because a very large hole is beginning to appear!

We're all on the spiritual path because it's all there is and whereas you don't want to play identity politics (no one did anyway that was just your assumption) you're now playing 'those who know and those who don't know'.  

Balls, with bells on, like warning bells!  

On 2/20/2019 at 3:16 AM, Patrick Brown said:

I think these are valid discussions which go to the very heart of spiritual matters. Sex is the one unavoidable 'elephant in the room' and you either take it for granted or question it.

I believe the concept of male and female is just another stumbling block for mankind one which very few will ever understand. There is a hierarchy within the human sphere, whether people accept that or not, and choosing to breed and work is up to each individual. 

The whole concept of working and breeding is...

..?

You tell me? 

You bet buddy. I debunked the Transgender myth already.

female orgasms are due to the vagus nerve connection to the cervix. Try asking your doctor to "implant" oxytocin neuroreceptors! haha. Real mammalian love is due to female oxytocin neuron receptors - that's why females don't rape hardly at all - rape is from ejaculation spiking cortisol levels. It's no surprise there is an ecological crisis since people can't even understand basic psychophysiology.

But getting an M.D. is a lot easier than doing the research for a Ph.D. and M.D.s make a lot more money from Big Pharma, etc. Hence all these superficial surgeries and "special needs." The fertilized egg stays in the fallopian tube for 3 or 4 days before it heads to the uterus. There it attaches to the lining and continues to grow until a baby is born. yep - it's called the Womb-Tomb for a reason. Pregnancy is very dangerous for real females. In contrast the job of real males is to heal the females. Nature is inherently female - this is what we learn from Oxytocin receptor love. Males need to train to have right side vagus nerve orgasms, just as females have. https://archive.org/stream/TheOriginsOfYogaAndTantraGeoffreySamuel/The%20Origins%20of%20Yoga%20and%20Tantra%20-%20Geoffrey%20Samuel_djvu.txt

Our "2nd brain" is our gut - way more neurons than the heart. But the gut is mainly serotonin - and so dopamine is inverse to serotonin. So for a male to lust - this triggers the prostate to release lecithin as the "cum" or semen - that trigger is fired by the sympathetic nervous system connection from the pineal gland down to the kidneys - the adrenal medullae - and then to the prostate. Then with increased desire the erection happens from the parasympathetic nervous system - and this retracts the testes to pull the sperm out. But the ejaculation itself is a massive switch from the parasympathetic to the sympathetic nervous system that then spikes cortisol levels. This does NOT happen for females - the female orgasm stays in the parasympathetic nervous system.

So the MORE female orgasms that happen then the right side vagus nerve gets ionized and the lower body serotonin is able to bypass the blood brain barrier via the pineal gland blood into cerebrospinal fluid. the enteric cells mediate the serotonin via the vagus nerve - this is also what causes people to crap shit out. So the blood brain barrier is based on the Ohm resistance level and so as the vagus nerve gets ionized through increased piezoelectric force (pressure of the collagen) from trance dancing - then the right side vagus nerve opens up the connection to the pineal gland. So you then fill the brain with serotonin and this in turn increases the oxytocin levels as the right side vagus nerve goes to the right side of the heart. So then all that lecithin from male celibacy then myelinates the neurons to hold the "charge" from the vagus nerve and also the biophoton energy. The spirit biophoton energy is a laser energy that coordinates all this energy exchange. here

Third, blood-brain barrier permeability could be more permissive in females than males,72 enabling systemic oxytocin to have more access to the female central nervous system.

So the typical modern male is literally ejaculating his brains out when he loses all that lecithin. In the nonwestern spiritual cultures - this lecithin is known as N/om (snake energy) or kundalini or ambrosia or Ion (western asia- Pythagorean). So the pineal gland itself is an electrogravitic transducer - of lunar-solar forces. We modern huamns are cut off from the fact the Mother Nature is controlled by the lunar cycles via the pineal gland - that's what is really means to be a female. Most of Nature reproduces through parthenogenesis - no need for the male. But to be a real female mammal is an entirely different thing all together then some cheap M.D. procedure as a late capitalist commodity fetish. (my earlier blog post on this subject)

"Oxytocin is produced in pregnancy, levels increase significantly during active labor and childbirth, and both mom and baby produce oxytocin after birth and as long as baby breastfeeds. Oxytocin evokes feelings of contentment, trust, empathy, calmness and security and reduces anxiety and fear." 

this is why real females have WAY more oxytocin neuron receptors than males.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1089/gg.2017.0017

Sex-Specific Differences in Oxytocin Receptor Expression and Function for Parental Behavior

First Published December 1, 2017

https://doi.org/10.1089/gg.2017.0017

Behaviorally, male and female mice began expressing parental behavior similarly after cohousing with experienced females; however, oxytocin enhanced parental behavior onset in females but not males.

We showed that both endogenous oxytocin (released optogenetically) and exogenous oxytocin (either injected systemically or directly infused into left auditory cortex) could enable the initial expression of pup retrieval behavior.

For example, pair bonding in adult voles displays a similar sex-specific enhancement by oxytocin supplements. Exogenous oxytocin was found to increase pair bonding in females but had little effect in males, which might instead be regulated by vasopressin.69

Finally, left-lateralized oxytocin receptor expression in female auditory cortex is reminiscent of some features of human speech and language representation.68,77,78 Understanding the mechanisms and consequences of asymmetrical cortical pup call processing might therefore provide some information about the biological basis of human language abilities.

"should" is a logical error. The issue here is that Western civilization has wiped out Nature - and it's a proven fact that female mammals in Nature are based on oxytocin neuron receptors that DO NOT EXIST IN MALES. PERIOD. It has nothing to do with "should" and everything to do with Western civilization completely wiping out Nature due to not understanding nor respecting real female mammalian love bonding.

I think our ecology is a little messed up these days. Too many hormones and endocrine disrupting chemicals in our water. I think we should focus on the root causes of things such as, how the hell do we get these pollutants out of our environment? Focusing on whether or not Trans people should exist is kind of a silly side note, in my opinion.

For example - medical doctors tell mothers to "let the baby cry it out" - this is literally torture that is then hard-wired into the baby's brain. I corresponded with the clinical psychologist who took the cortisol levels of babies "left to cry it out" - and their dopamine neuron receptors are permanently damaged as PTSD.

So PTSD is much more common than we realize. Now in the original human culture - the babies are breast-fed until 2 years old!! How many modern scientitific Westernized cultures do that? Yet it is proven that a REAL FEMALE has her oxytocin levels increase during pregnancy - and then spiking at giving birth - and while breast feeding - because JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FEMALE MAMMAL - the oxytocin is the love bonding between the female and the baby mammal.

So whether "trans people SHOULD exist" is a moot question. They DON'T exist because there's no high-tech Westernized surgeries based on scientific technological lies about ecology that can CREATE female mammals.

15 hours ago, ralis said:

I am certain you have read Frank Luntz in which he changed the term global warming to climate change. Luntz's work is gaslighting in no uncertain terms!

http://web.archive.org/web/20121030085144/http://www.ewg.org/files/LuntzResearch_environment.pdf

Wow - that's some creepy stuff. I had NO idea that "climate change" was a right-wing meme but I'm not surprised. Thanks - I'm gonna post that over on Black Bear News - where I discuss all things "abrupt global warming."

The denial about this stuff is deep.

For example consider the promotion of "Trans" rights - I just posted research on my blog. Female mammals have way more oxytocin receptors than male mammals - that's what induces female bonding with the baby. It's hard-wired physiology! But no - instead the debate is whether Trans people "should" exist - because everyone knows Nature can just be engineered by your local M.D. or whatever. haha. Meanwhile we are completely wiping out Nature in the real world.

Oct 16, 2018 - It will take millions of years for mammals to recover from damage ... mammals are going extinct at such a rapid rate that evolution can't keep up.

The continental mammal extinction rate was between 0.89 and 7.4 times the background rate, whereas the island mammal extinction rate was between 82 and 702 times background.

Now ask yourself - what's in the news more - FAKE TRans "human rights"? Or... the above - the wiping out of real female mammaling bonding in Nature? I think you know the answer.

https://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/10/why-airport-trans-techno-feminist.html

Females have TONS more oxytocin love neurotransmitter receptors - so don't believe all this "trans" b.s. -

oxytocin (OT) and their receptors in the brain are involved in the regulation of various social behaviors... OT-immunoreactivity is consistently higher in females compared to males (Table 7).

Table 7

Summary of studies in which OT system parameters are higher in females than in males
OT measure Species Region Reference OT-ir neurons Brandt’s voles PVN Xu et al., 2010 Mandarin voles PVN, LH (dominant and subordinate voles) SON (dominant voles) Qiao et al., 2014 Chinese striped hamsters Intermediate MPOA Wang et al., 2013 Mongolian gerbils Intermediate MPOA Wang et al., 2013 CD mice PVN, SON, anterior hypothalamic periventricular nucleus Häussler et al., 1990 OT-ir fibers CD mice LS, BNST Häussler et al., 1990 Mandarin voles LH Qiao et al., 2014 OTR binding P. maniculatus & p. californicus mice hippocampal CA1 Insel et al., 2001 ICR mice VMH Tribollet et al., 2002 Prairie voles medial PFC Smeltzer et al., 2006 Montane voles medial PFC Smeltzer et al., 2006 CSF OT Humans n/a Altemus et al., 1999 Plasma OT Sprague Dawley rats n/a Kramer et al., 2004 Prairie voles n/a Kramer et al., 2004 Mandarin voles n/a Cao et al., 2013 Humans (adolescents) n/a Miller et al., 2013
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Patrick Brown said:

This is almost a kind of snobbery! So do 'spiritual cultivators" really know anything or are they just followers of an ideology? You see where I'm going with this right?

And again 'spiritual masters'!! You need to really start to explain what you're talking about because a very large hole is beginning to appear!

We're all on the spiritual path because it's all there is and whereas you don't want to play identity politics (no one did anyway that was just your assumption) you're now playing 'those who know and those who don't know'.  

Balls, with bells on, like warning bells!  

It looks like elitism and snobbery to you because you believe that ‘we’re all on a spiritual path’.

You seem to think that somehow spiritual cultivation is completely apart from any other human endeavour.

It’s quite common to think that spirituality is available to all...

It’s about as available to all as surgery is.

Yes you can become a surgeon, but you need to dedicate a part of your life to training to become one. And you may fail.

Spirituality is even more involved - you often dedicate your whole life to it. Not to reading books, buying crystals and talking about spirituality, but to actual (often very challenging) spiritual practice. Which takes many hours a day, every day for decades on end and for some it’s their full time occupation.

Would you call a surgeon elitist because he condemns diy surgeons? Is a surgeon a snob because he has trained in and therefore knows more about surgery than you?

Now that I’ve explained my position - that spiritual cultivation is similar to any other complex and challenging human endeavour - explain to me why you think  it’s something completely the opposite of that - something that everyone already does...

21 minutes ago, freeform said:

spiritual cultivation

What is it, what are you doing or not doing and what's your goal?

22 minutes ago, freeform said:

Now that I’ve explained my position - that spiritual cultivation is similar to any other complex and challenging human endeavour 

Why is 'spiritual cultivation' like a complex task or like learning something? Why isn't it like remembering how to breath correctly by simply practising breathing? I'll put it another way (see below) which you may, perhaps, grasp! 

23 minutes ago, freeform said:

explain to me why you think  it’s something completely the opposite of that - something that everyone already does...

Humans evolved, so we're told, through natural selection and then a process of adaption, moving towards problem solving language etc. Along the way more emphasis was placed on mind and conceptualisation until it became a habit. This habit of mind eventually becomes a problem because it tends to chase itself wasting energy and causing stress and disharmony. The only way out of mind is to let it go and rediscover our spontaneous self.

Now your argument is that tools have be devised by 'masters' to help us to get out-of-our-heads but I don't believe these tools work! The only way to extract ourselves from our mind is by letting go. No tools or clever meditations or yoga or anything else can release us from our minds. All people are dealing with their head in one way or another but these things take a long time and nobody can judge another's progress, it's actually not possible. 

I meditate, kind of, to relax and defragment my mind in the hope that I'll see things more clearly. I notice that when I think less things just work out but when I think too much it all becomes a struggle and of doesn't work out. I'm therefore following what is completely natural and I believe everybody else is doing the same but in their own way at their own pace. 

It's just the flow, there's nothing else. 

• Like 1

Is anyone actually commenting on Navratilova's comments?   This took an odd detour to me.   Maybe this should of been merged into the existing thread on the trans sports competition discussion.

I agree with Navratilova's comments and it seems outrage to accuse her of trans-phobic comments when she is a star athlete who understands the trenches of sports and sexuality.    I applaud her for voicing her opinion but it is very sad when folks used your freedom of speech against you when it was a movement you were a huge part of 'coming out'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well I would have liked to have talked about the complexities of sexuality and see if we could have gained any insights. 

Hopefully it will get back on track. 

• Like 1

Sports are stupid compared to Ecology. Female humans are female mammals. Female mammals (humans) have WAY MORE oxytocin receptors than male mammals.

It's not up to debate.

It's not a "moral" issue.

It's a late capitalist shopping excursion for some high tech medical procedure that is fake.

People don't understand psychophysiology much less ecology - hence that mammals are going extinct at a very fast rate.

For example the rat mammal that just went extinct in Australia due to global warming - if that rat mammal had been submitted to transgender surgery it would have gotten greater legal protections.

That's the absurdity of our current situation.

I realize airports now have transgender bathroom signs but that does not mean that airports are not part of an ecological crisis that is rapidly wiping out mammals.

Modern technological society doesn't understand biology but they do like to go shopping for surgeries.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

Now your argument is that tools have be devised by 'masters' to help us to get out-of-our-heads but I don't believe these tools work!

To get out of our heads is not really the point. But that’s another discussion.

So the crux of your argument is that throughout the thousands of years of documented spiritual practice all of these people that reportedly managed to gain enlightenment had it all wrong.

But you’ve got it right.

And you think it’s all bollocks.

Which is fine - you can believe what you want. I’m not arguing with that. That would be pointless.

But to call me a snob for following this path of an established esoteric spiritual tradition is a bit hypocritical, don’t you think?

• Like 1