One of the problems with North America, is that most of the scientist follow the Trump ideal. They deny that climate change is going off the scale, more than what it should be, because it suits the polluting industries. It is a political argument.

Top 5 most polluting countries
  1. China (30%) The world's most populated country has an enormous export market, which has seen its industry grow to become a serious danger to the planet. ...
  2. United States (15%) The world's biggest industrial and commercial power. ...
  3. India (7%) ...
  4. Russia (5%) ...
  5. Japan (4%)
Top 10 most polluted countries in the world
  • Pakistan. pakistan today is in 1st place in the world of pollution. ...
  • 2 QATAR. Qatar today is in 2nd place in the world of pollution. ...
  • 3 Afghanistan. Afghanistan today is in 3rd place in the world of pollution. ...
  • 4 Bangladesh. ...
  • 5 Egypt. ...
  • 6 United Arab Emirates. ...
  • 7 Mongolia. ...
  • 8 India.

23 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

Ah at least someone has answered my post! 

This is what I think ; when we are Dao we live and breathe it, for this is the only true way to be as a Dao follower. So we think about the other life that we depend upon and the Dao has given life too equally. 4% of wild animals left in the world is a disgusting small amount. 60% of cattle, sheep, pigs etc is a huge amount. 90% of wild flower meadows have been lost, incredibly important insects, the pollinators, are disappearing at an alarming rate. Few insects, few birds and the knock on effect of human interference and not living simply is taking its toll big time. This is not sustainable and goes against the Dao. "Whatever goes against the Dao will never last". So what small steps can we take? Buying power is a very important tool to influence the world and what is happening; a very simple and effective way to influence what is being produced that does not pollute or destroy. Give up eating meat for several days a week if you are a meat eater. Use less dairy products, the Chinese believe that cows milk is for cows and not for humans. Grow your own food and include plants that are good for bees and insects. Use public transport where you can. Use a bike, they make really good electric bikes these days. Go off-grid for your energy needs. A solar off grid system, with lead acid traction batteries (100% recyclable and can last up to 30 years) can power most homes or part of a home without resorting to using nuclear, oil, gas or coal powered electricity. The list can go on, but as Dao followers we should be thinking about cause and effect, about the whole interaction of life and how we are dependent on the balance of life.

Hey! I've repeatedly answered your posts .  booo 

17 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

One of the problems with North America, is that most of the scientist follow the Trump ideal. They deny that climate change is going off the scale, more than what it should be, because it suits the polluting industries. It is a political argument.

Top 5 most polluting countries
  1. China (30%) The world's most populated country has an enormous export market, which has seen its industry grow to become a serious danger to the planet. ...
  2. United States (15%) The world's biggest industrial and commercial power. ...
  3. India (7%) ...
  4. Russia (5%) ...
  5. Japan (4%)
Top 10 most polluted countries in the world
  • Pakistan. pakistan today is in 1st place in the world of pollution. ...
  • 2 QATAR. Qatar today is in 2nd place in the world of pollution. ...
  • 3 Afghanistan. Afghanistan today is in 3rd place in the world of pollution. ...
  • 4 Bangladesh. ...
  • 5 Egypt. ...
  • 6 United Arab Emirates. ...
  • 7 Mongolia. ...
  • 8 India.

Oh c'mon , not you on the crazy anti trump thing too!  Dude, pollution began decades ago. When I landed in Beijing I thought there was a rainstorm out the window, horizon to horizon smog.

Talk about 'political' arguments. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

But indigenous cultures have been brutally attacked as genocidal assaults for Western expansion.

Do ever read history or understand what your posting.

"genocidal assaults for western expansion"   really"

what about their own expansion

"Some captives were sacrificed to Tonatiuh in ritual gladiatorial combat (as was the case of the famous warrior Tlahuicole). In this rite the victim was tethered in place to a large carved circular "stone" (temalacatl)[30] and given a mock weapon.[31] The captive was supposed to die fighting against up to four or seven fully armed jaguar and eagle knights, whereupon falling he would be promptly disemboweled by a priest, but if the captive survived he was granted freedom."

" he would be promptly disemboweled by a priest, but if the captive survived he was granted freedom."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_warfare

yep the bad old western expansion  did this..

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Do ever read history or understand what your posting.

"genocidal assaults for western expansion"   really"

what about their own expansion

"Some captives were sacrificed to Tonatiuh in ritual gladiatorial combat (as was the case of the famous warrior Tlahuicole). In this rite the victim was tethered in place to a large carved circular "stone" (temalacatl)[30] and given a mock weapon.[31] The captive was supposed to die fighting against up to four or seven fully armed jaguar and eagle knights, whereupon falling he would be promptly disemboweled by a priest, but if the captive survived he was granted freedom."

" he would be promptly disemboweled by a priest, but if the captive survived he was granted freedom."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_warfare

yep the bad old western expansion  did this..

yes the Aztecs also practiced pederasty - and this spread into the Late Mayan civilization - and pederasty is pure evil.

But that in no way does not discount Western civilization - as Camille Paglia argues in her tome, "SExual Personae" Western civilization is also based on repressed homosexuality - since Plato.

So two wrongs don't make a right.

It's just that the West as formalized this evil as a science or systematic logic based on symmetric math.

But the common denominator is the Solar calendar to control farming.

So for example the Incas were against the matrifocal lunar goddess cultures - to impose the Solar Empire.

But the original Mayan culture was not like this - you can read the book "Secrets of the Talking Jaguar" by Martin Pretchel - for the earlier village based Mayan culture - before the Aztecs spread their pederasty evil.

• Haha 1

I don't know why they think indigenous cultures would want to be portrayed as victims all the time, it's so insulting and arrogant. Most of them are proud of their warriors and culture and were just as brutal ,they just didn't have the weapons or numbers to crush their european enemies first.

It's not like they all ran away without trying to defend themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dawei said:

I'm not sold on the 'data' because how many ice ages have we had,, last one was 11,000 bc, yes ?    And how many warmings or extinctions, and are we out of the chance of no more ?   Highly doubt that.    

Global warming 'delays next ice age by 50,000 years'

Man-made carbon emissions mean the world is unlikely to see another ice age for 100,000 years - 50,000 years later than without human influence

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/climatechange/12098431/Global-warming-delays-next-ice-age-by-50000-years.html

The Ice Age isn't a concern - it's the fact that Homo  Sapiens have never lived with the global average being over 2 degree celsius. Photosynthesis stops at over 3 degrees celsius.

At a temperature above 104 degrees Fahrenheit – 40 degrees Celsius – the enzymes that carry out photosynthesis lose their shape and functionality, and the photosynthetic rate declines rapidly.

So when the arctic goes ice free - which could be next September when the ARctic ice is at its lowest - then the methane bomb could go off - which would double global warming in a matter of weeks.

23 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I don't know why they think indigenous cultures would want to be portrayed as victims all the time, it's so insulting and arrogant. Most of them are proud of their warriors and culture and were just as brutal ,they just didn't have the weapons or numbers to crush their european enemies first.

It's not like they all ran away without trying to defend themselves.

I find it very condescending, and naive,  with out understanding or deep thought that should 

come from the practices based on awareness which many on this site say they practice.. 

Notice how the narrative is never about western cultures defeating and enslaving other western cultures 

guess it doesn't count....  Which gets back the idea and fact that some cultures were and are superior to others. 

A fact...often disputed by those living and enjoying the benefits, ya know like freedom, rule of law,,,ect  that the superior culture offers  for those living with in its confines  ie citizens...

Those disputing this always seem to do so within the cultures they despise....

very funny 

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Which gets back the idea and fact that some cultures were and are superior to others. 

yes I recommend the book "The Harmless People" by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas.

The original human culture was definitely superior - the San Bushmen culture.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, windwalker said:

I find it very condescending, and naive,  with out understanding or deep thought that should 

come from the practices based on awareness which many on this site say they practice.. 

Notice how the narrative is never about western cultures defeating and enslaving other western cultures 

guess it doesn't count....  Which gets back the idea and fact that some cultures were and are superior to others. 

A fact...often disputed by those living and enjoying the benefits, ya know like freedom, rule of law,,,ect  that the superior culture offers  for those living with in its confines  ie citizens...

Those disputing this always seem to do so within the cultures they despise....

very funny 

Good point! Nobody mentions that. It doesn't fit the narrative I guess. 

Rather, the plan is to try to make everyone out as a brutalized weakling , or guilty by association. I always assumed the Indians weren't gullible and were forced into making concessions they really didn't want to. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Rather, the plan is to try to make everyone out as a brutalized weakling , or guilty by association. I always assumed the Indians weren't gullible and were forced into making concessions they really didn't want to. 

a little long   covers much of what some are trying to sell

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stosh said:

As I said - the original human culture is the one to emulate. The best book on the San Bushmen culture is the book "The Harmless People" by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas - I corresponded with her.

For example the original human culture did not even know that homosexuality existed! Also none of the males masturbated. You just don't hear about this at all - but that is the truth. The male anthropologists lied about her book, trying to discount it but she lived with a previously un-contacted tribe.

So Daoist qigong is actually from the San Bushmen culture - just as yoga also is.

All modern homo sapiens are from just a few thousand humans that created a genetic bottleneck after the Mt. Toba supervolcano around 70,000 years ago.

So the original human culture did not have war - all the males were required to train in spiritual healing.

So they didn't get enslaved until a few thousand years ago - by the Bantus and then the WEsterners. The Bantus though had been Westernized also to a certain extent.

Here are some good books on the original human culture that covers 90% of our modern biological history as humans:

The Way of the Bushman: Spiritual Teachings as told by the Elders

N/um, Change, and Social Work by Drs. Bradford and Hillary Keeney pdf

Megan Biesele,

Women like meat: the folklore and foraging ideology of the Kalahari Ju/’Hoan

(Witwatersrand

University Press, 1993).

Mathias Georg Guenther,

Tricksters and trancers: bushman religion and society

(Indiana University Press,

1999).

Elizabeth Marshall Thomas,

The harmless people

(Random House, Inc., 1989) and

Rupert Isaacson,

The Healing Land: The Khoisan and the Kalahari Desert

(Grove Press, 2004).

Richard Katz,

Boiling energy: community healing among the Kalahari Kung

(Harvard University Press, 1984).

Marjorie Shostak,

Nisa: the life and words of a !Kung woman

(Harvard University Press, 2000).

the Bushmen book Healing Makes Our Hearts Happy.

The Past and Future of !Kung Ethnography: Critical Reflections and Symbolic Perspectives. Essays in Honour of
Lorna Marshall

, edited by Megan Biesele, with Robert Gordon and Richard Lee

Trance Cure of the !Kung Bushmen pdf

by Richard Lee

Some healers try to hoard n/um

Education for Transcendence - Richard Katz pdf

And if you want to see interviews with the San Bushmen spiritual healers - then Dr. Bradford Keeney has them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKeeneyCenter/videos

The San are living breathing men and women. They aren't some 'hominid ancestor' , what humans "used-to be like." leaving the 'white man' as the Ultimate incarnation that everybody else was leading up to, and the only things left of them is chi gong and yoga.

It's like you have to keep finding people's to feel better than- but in a politically correct manner that you can get away with.

Let it go dude!

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Stosh said:

Oh c'mon , not you on the crazy anti trump thing too!  Dude, pollution began decades ago. When I landed in Beijing I thought there was a rainstorm out the window, horizon to horizon smog.

Talk about 'political' arguments. 

Over here Trump is not liked at all and I can't really think of anything good to say about him! All I know is someone like him should not be the president nor should he have the final call on launching nukes. China has been the dumping ground for a lot of the worlds waste, including nuclear. Poor countries just say to the west yes we'll have your dangerous waste and blow the consequences. So every time some spent nuclear rods come out of a power station in America or Europe many of them end up in third world countries. Every time you put on your light, some Pakistani families are suffering from your commodities and ease. We don't like Trump, any one with half a brain would not vote for such a man. 

Edited by flowing hands
typo

28 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

Every time you put on your light, some Pakistani families are suffering from your commodities and ease. We don't like Trump, any one with half a brain would not vote for such a man. 

Great, now you and others can demonstrate your sincerity by not turning on or useing lights, or "your" commodities...mmm like the pc you typed on to post this, along with all the tech that goes with it to make the network possible...

As far as voting,,,its called US citizenship become one and you can vote for or against.   The "we" if not a US citizen, take care of your or their counties.....and stay in em....that would be a good start...  "Anyone with have a brain "  would wonder why most of those living in non western countries are often tying to leave them to get to the west...Why isn't it those from western countries the ones leaving them.  Oddly enough they don't but like to bitch about them while living in them.

Edited by windwalker
  • Thanks 1

Just now, whitesilk said:

any one with half a brain

Watch your arrogant diction you little piss ant.

My blood relative is suffering and surviving brain cancer as weee wee speak.

Does your UNIX computer type quick enough to realize you may upset or trigger people with one phrase.

20 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Great, now you and others can demonstrate your sincerity by not turning on or useing lights, or "your" commodities...mmm like the pc you typed on to post this, along with all the tech that goes with it to make the network possible...

As far as voting,,,its called US citizenship become one and you can vote for or against.   The "we" if not a US citizen, take care of your or their counties.....and say in em....that would be a good start...  "Anyone with have a brain "  would wonder why most of those living in non western countries are often tying to leave them to get to the west...Why isn't it those from western countries the ones leaving them.  Oddly enough they don't but like to bitch about them while living in them.

But mine doesn't come from any power station, I generate my own!  That's my sincerity. Your post is full of bad grammar and typos and its difficult to know your meaning!  Is English your first language? 

20 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

I generate my own!  That's my sincerity

You generate your own electricity using technology you made, you made the PC used to post, you created the internet that allows it to be posted.

Ok, if you say so.

As to the rest, working on it.

Not much of writer, something I work on each day. A bit dyslexic not always able to catch my own errors.  Can be very frustrating at times.

Edited by windwalker

2 hours ago, windwalker said:

You generate your own electricity using technology you made, you made the PC used to post, you created the internet that allows it to be posted.

Ok, if you say so.

As to the rest, working on it.

Not much of writer, something I work on each day. A bit dyslexic not always able to catch my own errors.  Can be very frustrating at times.

You are being facetious,  I did not invent the technology, but I am using it to power this computer which comes from the sun. I use this energy to power my home. I am taking personal responsibility for my own energy needs.In this way I know I am not being part of a system that pollutes and leaves radioactive substances still dangerous for thousands of years;) 

14 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

You are being facetious,  I did not invent the technology, but I am using it to power this computer which comes from the sun. I use this energy to power my home. I am taking personal responsibility for my own energy needs.In this way I know I am not being part of a system that pollutes and leaves radioactive substances still dangerous for thousands of years;) 

not true...

you and others do not really know what your talking about.

used to work in the solar industry for a company that made the tooling  "machinery" sets used to "make" solar cells...

apparently you don't understand about efficiency rates of cells "they'er not there" ,  yet

the cost associated with making them or the environmental damage that is done mining the materials used to make them. 

whats called green energy is not so green, 

there are no free rides, its an illusion. 

As to nuclear energy,  a little reading might allow you to compare it and other energy sources

with out the sound bites....the radioactive wastes produced is a matter of technology providing the 

answer to it....right now its not cost effective or politically viable to do so....at some point this may change.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, windwalker said:

used to work in the solar industry for a company that made the tooling  "machinery" sets used to "make" solar cells...

apparently you don't understand about efficiency rates of cells "their not there" ,  yet

the cost associated with making them or the environmental damage that is done mining the materials used to make them. 

whats called green energy is not so green, 

there are no free rides, its an illusion. 

That.^^

16 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

Flowing hands, you surprise me!

I applaud your efforts and intentions, we are also off-grid and harness the sun for all our energy needs which are nominal, but we do not pretend there was no environmental cost to do so. There are many kinds of pollution; not the least of which is delusion. Are you okay? Oh wait! Perhaps you are playing the Uke with this thread? :D

1 minute ago, rene said:

I applaud your efforts and intentions, we are also off-grid and harness the sun for all our energy needs which are nominal, but we do not pretend there was no environmental cost to do so.

Nice, takes a lot of work and understanding to do so.

what is called clean energy is not so clean

when one starts looking into the process used to make them.

• Thanks 1