On 2/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, flowing hands said:

As Dao followers what do you think we can do to help this disaster?

Boycott Paypal, don't buy a Tesla and live a real life.

Edited by whitesilk
link

6 minutes ago, flowing hands said:

Spirit masters

boxing, chi, shin, shen?

Are spiritual masters, shen, and a shaman shin?

31 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

boxing, chi, shin, shen?

Are spiritual masters, shen, and a shaman shin?

You are off topic!!

3 hours ago, ralis said:

The planetary biosphere is an integrated system in which initial conditions effect the entire system. A non-linear dynamic system is sensitive to initial conditions and effects the entire biosphere. A small reduction effects very little and extreme events continue as well as the methane bomb which will not be contained.

nice to read you in this way...

While I cannot claim the education level that you talk about I have read many reports and findings written by others that have a deep understanding of this.

In many aspects its not conclusive as to whats happening and why.    

My point was that the planet as a whole would not make the changes needed,

regardless of the outcome for many different reasons. 

6 hours ago, ralis said:

All oceanic life are subject to variations in water temperature, pH and light. Given that ocean waters are carbon sinks, CO2 can lower pH to a slightly more acidic level which means that shell fish will not be able to form shells. Why? Calcium can only be viable for shell formation in a very narrow pH range. 

If I remember correctly, the melting ice will cool the Atlantic conveyor belt which in time will cease to function.

Atlantic 'conveyor belt' has slowed by 15% since mid-20th century ...

Apr 11, 2018 - Overturning. The Atlantic Ocean plays host to a perpetual conveyor belt that transports heat from the equator up to the North Atlantic. .

Yes this could happen much faster than people "predict."

5 hours ago, ralis said:

You are off topic!!

Notice the people who willingly IGNORE this issue (much less feel psychologically forced to veer off topic).

It's quite amazing - the self-censorship, etc.

12 hours ago, windwalker said:

In many aspects its not conclusive as to whats happening and why.

Mother Earth is our support system. She understands us humans. We are not on her level. 

Our collective attempts to 'under'stand our own foundation would be meaningless and pointless.

21 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Notice the people who willingly IGNORE this issue (much less feel psychologically forced to veer off topic).

It's quite amazing - the self-censorship, etc.

I am certain you have read Frank Luntz in which he changed the term global warming to climate change. Luntz's work is gaslighting in no uncertain terms!

http://web.archive.org/web/20121030085144/http://www.ewg.org/files/LuntzResearch_environment.pdf

15 hours ago, ralis said:

I am certain you have read Frank Luntz in which he changed the term global warming to climate change. Luntz's work is gaslighting in no uncertain terms!

http://web.archive.org/web/20121030085144/http://www.ewg.org/files/LuntzResearch_environment.pdf

Wow - that's some creepy stuff. I had NO idea that "climate change" was a right-wing meme but I'm not surprised. Thanks - I'm gonna post that over on Black Bear News - where I discuss all things "abrupt global warming."

The denial about this stuff is deep.

For example consider the promotion of "Trans" rights - I just posted research on my blog. Female mammals have way more oxytocin receptors than male mammals - that's what induces female bonding with the baby. It's hard-wired physiology! But no - instead the debate is whether Trans people "should" exist - because everyone knows Nature can just be engineered by your local M.D. or whatever. haha. Meanwhile we are completely wiping out Nature in the real world.

Oct 16, 2018 - It will take millions of years for mammals to recover from damage ... mammals are going extinct at such a rapid rate that evolution can't keep up.
The continental mammal extinction rate was between 0.89 and 7.4 times the background rate, whereas the island mammal extinction rate was between 82 and 702 times background.

Now ask yourself - what's in the news more - FAKE TRans "human rights"? Or... the above - the wiping out of real female mammaling bonding in Nature? I think you know the answer.

44 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Wow - that's some creepy stuff. I had NO idea that "climate change" was a right-wing meme but I'm not surprised. Thanks - I'm gonna post that over on Black Bear News - where I discuss all things "abrupt global warming."

The denial about this stuff is deep.

For example consider the promotion of "Trans" rights - I just posted research on my blog. Female mammals have way more oxytocin receptors than male mammals - that's what induces female bonding with the baby. It's hard-wired physiology! But no - instead the debate is whether Trans people "should" exist - because everyone knows Nature can just be engineered by your local M.D. or whatever. haha. Meanwhile we are completely wiping out Nature in the real world.

Now ask yourself - what's in the news more - FAKE TRans "human rights"? Or... the above - the wiping out of real female mammaling bonding in Nature? I think you know the answer.

https://nigguraths.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/the-story-of-the-frank-luntz-memo/

Luntz carefully selected focus group participants such that his own bias along with radio personalities such as Limbaugh et al., would be seen as a majority public understanding as opposed to a few right wing propagandists that were already gaslighting the public.

The second famous item, the rebranding of ‘global warming’ into ‘climate change’, is even better. In the memo, Luntz is seen providing the insight that ‘environmentalism’ and ‘global warming’ invoke images of extremism and alarmist dogma, both of which turn off neutral voters who found ‘climate change’ more palatable.

luntz memo 2

Frank Luntz with diverse focus groups. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Frank+Luntz

Edited by ralis

16 minutes ago, ralis said:

https://nigguraths.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/the-story-of-the-frank-luntz-memo/

Luntz carefully selected focus group participants such that his own bias along with radio personalities such as Limbaugh et al., would be seen as a majority public understanding as opposed to a few right wing propagandists that were already gaslighting the public.

Frank Luntz with diverse focus groups. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Frank+Luntz

well of course - because abrupt global warming and the ecological crisis is just a marketing phenomenon (kind of like Health Insurance and medical Big Pharma, etc.). You know biology can be engineered!! (just ask Freemasonic Cargill and their buddies Monsanto)...

Isn't this discussion a contradiction?

We are using 'industrious' machines (computers, networking, grid), to evoke nature, balance, and harmonious heavenly growth patterns.

2 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Isn't this discussion a contradiction?

We are using 'industrious' machines (computers, networking, grid), to evoke nature, balance, and harmonious heavenly growth patterns.

yes modern civilization is based on supply-side economics imposed by the elite on the populace. So for example Chicago was created as a company town for the meat industry - and Minnesota is controlled by agri-business. Consider Cargill - the world's largest private corporation governing food control.

So farmers in Africa want to share and save their farm seeds - seems innocent enough right? But that should NOT be allowed according to the top-down "supply side" economics scheme. Meanwhile the "public" is just fed corporate-state PR releases as news so the mass mind control keeps everyone in ignorance. I exposed all this.

Profile on The Largest Private Corporation: Cargill

Friday, December 31, 2010

Cargill: Our Taxes, Global Destruction!

MAR. 2, 2000 – EDITORIAL/OPINIONS
————————————————� �————————————————� ��—————— Cargill: Our taxes, global destruction

Minnetonka-based Cargill is often noted as the world’s largest private corporation, with reported annual sales of over $50 billion and operations at any given time in an average of 70 countries. The “Lake Office” of Cargill is a 63-room replica of a French chateau; the chairman’s office is part of what was once the chateau’s master-bedroom suite.

A family empire, the Cargills and the MacMillans control about 85 percent of the stock. Not only the largest grain trader in the world, with over 20 percent of the market, Cargill dominates another 12 sectors, including destructive speculative finance, according to “Invisible Giant: Cargill and its Transnational Strategies,” by Brewster Kneen.

Taking advantage of the capitalist speculative collapse of 1873, Cargill quickly bought up grain elevators. After vast cooperation with the state-sponsored railroad robber barons, central grain terminals averaged extremely high annual returns on investments of 30 to 40 percent between 1883 and 1889. Cargill hired a Chase Bank vice president to secretly help the corporation through the Depression, writes Dan Morgan in “Merchants of Grain.”

“There are only a few processing firms,” and “these firms receive a disproportionate share of the economic benefits from the food system,” states William D. Heffernan, professor of rural sociology at the University of Missouri. Details of Cargill’s price manipulations at the expense of farmers worldwide was documented in the classic study, “Food First: Beyond the Myth of Scarcity” by Frances Moore Lappe and Joseph Collins. They report that Cargill has had a history of receiving elite government price information that should be told to U.S. farmers.

That secrecy, along with tax-subsidized market control, enables Cargill to buy from U.S. farmers at extremely low prices and then sell abroad to nations pressured under the same destructive elite corporate control. See the Institute for Food and Development Policy’s Web Site at http://www.foodfirst.org….

Between 1985 and 1992, the legal entity called Cargill received $800.4 million in tax subsidies via the Export Enhancement Program, a continuation of the infamous “Food for Peace” policy, writes Kneen. Promoted by Hubert H. Humphrey and instituted as PL 480, food became a Cold War tool, i.e. “for Peace.” If we can induce people to “become dependent on us for food,” then “what is a more powerful weapon than food and fiber?” Humphrey declared, according to “Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies” by Noam Chomsky.

Actually, most of the nation recipients of tax-subsidized Cargill food dumping were, and are, net exporters of food already — policies imposed by colonial trading patterns. The food (for Peace) has been bought cheaply by neocolonial regimes, and then sold at a huge discount on the local market — in Somalia, for example, at one-sixth of the local prices. Many examples of these misguided policies can be found in “Betraying the National Interest: How US Foreign AID Threatens Global Security by Undermining the Political and Economic Stability of the Third World,” by Frances Moore Lappe, et al.

Cargill’s undercutting wipes out the local farmers’ self-reliance, while the revenues (going to the elite) are tied to required purchases of U.S. weapons, writes Chomsky, citing “The Soft War” by Tom Barry, 1988. But the main beneficiary of “Food for Peace” has been Cargill. Keen writes, “From 1954 to 1963, just for storing and transporting P.L. 480 commodities, the heavily subsidized giant Cargill made $1 billion.”

Indian lawyer N.J. Nanjundaswamy reports that a Cargill motto is, “One who controls the seed, controls the farmer, and one who controls the food trade, controls the nation.” Yudof’s recently stated support of federal foreign policy Title XII is another public promotion of the University of Minnesota-Cargill partnership’s raiding of sustainable agricultural cultures.

Cargill is such a damaging threat that in Dec. 1992, 500,000 peasants marched against corporate-controlled trade, and the irate farmers ransacked Cargill’s operations. Fifty people were arrested at the partially completed — and subsequently destroyed — seed-processing plant in Bellary, India. In 1996, 1,000 Indian farmers gathered at Cargill’s office and destroyed Cargill’s records. For more, see http://www.endgame.org…

Cargill has been doing bio-piracy, stealing traditional products. For instance, it used Basmati, a rice from India, as its trade name, and the company continues to be one of the main promoters of corporate-driven intellectual property rights. The U.S. Trade Act, Special 301 Clause, allows the United States to take unilateral action against any country that does not open its market to U.S. corporations.

The United States, for example, has threatened to use trade sanctions against Thailand for its attempt to protect biodiversity. A bill that has been before parliament in India and promoted by Cargill, “takes away all the farmers’ rights, which they have enjoyed for generations — they will no longer be able to produce new varieties of seed or trade seed amongst themselves,” writes Nanjundaswamy.

The research center, Rural Advancement Foundation International, found that “fifteen African states, among them some of the poorest countries in the world, are under pressure to sign away the right of more than 20 million small-holder farmers to save and exchange crop seed. The decision to abandon Africa’s 12,000-year tradition of seed-saving will be finalized at a meeting in the Central African Republic. The 15 governments have been told to adopt draconian intellectual property legislation for plant varieties in order to conform to a provision in the World Trade Organization.”

Cargill, with extensive funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development, is also destroying the world’s largest wetland — the Pantanal, in South America — in order to dredge a channel that’s designed for convoys of up to 16 soybean- and soymeal-carrying barges, according to the Institute on Food and Development Policy.

Cargill has been on the Council of Economic Priorities’ list of worst environmental offenders. Mother Jones magazine and Earth Island Journal report that Cargill is responsible for 2,000 OSHA violations, a 40,000-gallon spill of phosphoric solution into Florida’s Alafia River, poor air pollution compliance and record-high releases of toxic waste.

With help from the Program on Corporations, Law and Democracy, located at http://www.poclad.org…, states have recently begun to respond to citizen pressure and revoke corporate charters. The assets of Cargill should be revoked, allowing the citizens of the United States to give farmers the benefits of fair trade instead of Cargill’s secretive policy of tax-subsidized global destruction.

by drew hempel, anti-copyright

https://www.tcdailyplanet.net/stop-cargills-destruction-amazon/

So Cargill illegally built soy bean storage elevators in the Amazon rainforest - and said grow as much as possible and we'll buy them all!!

That's how supply side economics works.

For example George Washington made his money buy going out to speculate on land that was stolen from native indigenous people. So he got it for free - but since land is a monopoly - then he turns around to make a nice profit. Supply side economics.

So for example you pretty much HAVE to own a cell phone now - even though they cause brain cancer. And if you don't have a "smart phone" - then you are shut out of many "opportunities."

So the Medium is the Message - most cities in the US had electric car systems - trolleys - but a corporate conspiracy bought them up and shut them down - Firestone, Goodyear, GM, etc.

Again Supply Side Economics. Shut down the electric car trolleys - and people HAVE to buy cars.

So don't expect the Interwebs to 'solve" any problems - it's just a nice way of blowing off steam. The equivalent of everyone watching a television in their sectioned off apartments - as Noam Chomsky points out about the interwebs.

It used to be that each city had dozens of newspapers and one worker was designated to READ to all the other workers - to keep workers educated. So with each new information mass mind control medium there is a steady dumbing down of the population.

A good documentary on this is...

• Like 1

Another good example of supply side economics is Roman AQueducts.

So Western civilization shits in its clean drinking water - that's considered to be "civilized" - whereas nonwestern culture COMPOSTS the human shit as ecological sanitation.

So then supply side economics states that Rome HAD to build aqueducts to haul clean drinking water from far away since Romans had shit in their clean drinking water.

And so today - if you want to "improve" your land that means you HAVE to not compost your shit - but instead have a sewer system hook up (composting shit is illegal in cities). Or you need to install an intensive septic system with a drainage mound - costing over 10,000 $$ - if you "want" to compost your manure in the modern Western civilized world. Also you would need "special" legal permission through a special appeals process - requiring an expensive lawyer, etc.

Meanwhile in the nonwestern world - like the traditional Berber village I visited in Morocco - they transformed the desert into growing food for THOUSANDS of years - by composting their shit. oops.

• Like 1

@voidisyinyang

Negative energy still feeds the belly of mine, as I eat from the western industrious machine. Cooking lunch right now, and I am hungry. I agree with your tenancies or what I suppose is your intent that the leveling of the fields aught be more plain, yet the technique is my disagreement.

8 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

@voidisyinyang

Negative energy still feeds the belly of mine, as I eat from the western industrious machine. Cooking lunch right now, and I am hungry. I agree with your tenancies or what I suppose is your intent that the leveling of the fields aught be more plain, yet the technique is my disagreement.

Yes qigong master Yan Xin stated that qigong will always be a threat since it enables people to survive without eating so much - and so the big business food companies would be against qigong.

And of course Falun Gong still provides about 10,000 people a year for clean qigong organs - to feed the organ harvesting business in China (for international Western failed organ transplant surgeries).

2 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Another good example of supply side economics is Roman AQueducts.

So Western civilization shits in its clean drinking water - that's considered to be "civilized" - whereas nonwestern culture COMPOSTS the human shit as ecological sanitation.

So then supply side economics states that Rome HAD to build aqueducts to haul clean drinking water from far away since Romans had shit in their clean drinking water.

And so today - if you want to "improve" your land that means you HAVE to not compost your shit - but instead have a sewer system hook up (composting shit is illegal in cities). Or you need to install an intensive septic system with a drainage mound - costing over 10,000 $$ - if you "want" to compost your manure in the modern Western civilized world. Also you would need "special" legal permission through a special appeals process - requiring an expensive lawyer, etc.

Meanwhile in the nonwestern world - like the traditional Berber village I visited in Morocco - they transformed the desert into growing food for THOUSANDS of years - by composting their shit. oops.

https://fanack.com/

The rapid increase in the human population has put enormous pressure on the land, causing rapid degradation of the natural vegetation. In 2010, 39 percent of the population was living on degraded land. In 1994, it was estimated that 1,000-1,500 hectares of forest was lost to clearance each year. Overgrazing, particularly by goats, and the intensification of farming in marginal areas in the illegal cultivation of cannabis have both caused problems. Illegal clearing of forest has been another serious problem, for both valuable forest products, such as sandarac wood, and scrub wood used for fires. In 1910 the forests of the Mamora on the west coast covered 130,000 hectares but had been reduced to around 55,000 hectares by the late 1990s. This has been going on a long time: Edward Drummond-Hay’s son, John, complained in the 1840s that British commercial agents buying huge quantities of cork for export had devastated the forest. The great seasonal wetland of Merja Ras Douara, on the northh-west coast, was 40 kilometres long in the 1920s but was estimated at only 10 hectares in 1994, and the vast array of birdlife it once supported has greatly diminished. Yet very heavy rain in late November 2002 caused flash-flooding, and the Merja Ras Doura reappeared again. Sixty people died in the flooding.

Morocco is a net food importer. 

Cargill is an entity, like many other collective entities in the world , um.. Morocco for instance. In a capitalist society , one gives -to -get , and therefore , Cargill is helping a great many people in the world to eat, while Morocco is taking food from others. You should vilify Morocco ,if anyone, not Cargill. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Yes qigong master Yan Xin stated that qigong will always be a threat since it enables people to survive without eating so much - and so the big business food companies would be against qigong.

Seems like he would be helping others deal with their hunger helping others instead of seeing himself and practice as threat to some big business food companies...

1.jpeg

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/world/countries-starving-to-death/#.oxud83yt2

it mentions starving but really does not cover why?

"There are food programmes that cater towards helping the under nourished and we should all step up and do whatever we can to help the poor souls suffering from starvation and food insecurity. The world is calling for help, when do we plan on answering?"

the suggesting is to give them more food that allows them to have more population

that in turn will require more food... 

anyone see a pattern here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

https://fanack.com/

The rapid increase in the human population has put enormous pressure on the land, causing rapid degradation of the natural vegetation. In 2010, 39 percent of the population was living on degraded land. In 1994, it was estimated that 1,000-1,500 hectares of forest was lost to clearance each year. Overgrazing, particularly by goats, and the intensification of farming in marginal areas in the illegal cultivation of cannabis have both caused problems. Illegal clearing of forest has been another serious problem, for both valuable forest products, such as sandarac wood, and scrub wood used for fires. In 1910 the forests of the Mamora on the west coast covered 130,000 hectares but had been reduced to around 55,000 hectares by the late 1990s. This has been going on a long time: Edward Drummond-Hay’s son, John, complained in the 1840s that British commercial agents buying huge quantities of cork for export had devastated the forest. The great seasonal wetland of Merja Ras Douara, on the northh-west coast, was 40 kilometres long in the 1920s but was estimated at only 10 hectares in 1994, and the vast array of birdlife it once supported has greatly diminished. Yet very heavy rain in late November 2002 caused flash-flooding, and the Merja Ras Doura reappeared again. Sixty people died in the flooding.

Morocco is a net food importer. 

Cargill is an entity, like many other collective entities in the world , um.. Morocco for instance. In a capitalist society , one gives -to -get , and therefore , Cargill is helping a great many people in the world to eat, while Morocco is taking food from others. You should vilify Morocco ,if anyone, not Cargill. 

Maybe you're confusing the most traditional Berber village in Morocco and the regime of Morocco that is an "ally" of the US corporate-state empire.

The idea of Cargill "helping" is silly - food is DUMPED at below local prices - into countries already dependent on colonial export markets - so the farmers are highly susceptible to their lower markets being wiped out.

For example the number one reason Mexicans have fled into the US is due to Cargill DUMPING corn into Mexico after the passage of NAFTA.

And so global warming - abrupt global warming - is really a byproduct of Western colonial imperialism.

So in the case of Morocco - it provides phosphate to the West - it's the main source of phosphate for farming worldwide. This is not a "sustainable" export. Whereas humanure compost provides phosphate - not from mining but instead through a sustainable renewable feedback.

24 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Seems like he would be helping others deal with their hunger helping others instead of seeing himself and practice as threat to some big business food companies...

1.jpeg

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/world/countries-starving-to-death/#.oxud83yt2

it mentions starving but really does not cover why?

"There are food programmes that cater towards helping the under nourished and we should all step up and do whatever we can to help the poor souls suffering from starvation and food insecurity. The world is calling for help, when do we plan on answering?"

the suggesting is to give them more food that allows them to have more population

that in turn will require more food... 

anyone see a pattern here?

Yeah so the Brits imposed their Western stupidity onto India and Africa, etc. - so just as the Chinese are now doing in Tibet.

That's just how Westernized imperialism works - the trade patterns are based on export commodities, not local food sovereignty.

For example in Somalia - Mogadishu was controlled by the farmers. So when Cargill dumped US food into Somalia - at 1/6th the local food price - that was not to "feed" Somalia. It was to undermine and take over the political control of Somalia.

So Westerners tend to underestimate nonwestern cultures. Somalia was trading with China and India - centuries before Western colonialism with "textiles" being their main export.

So just to put abrupt global warming into perspective - consider the book by Professor Alfred Crosby - "Ecological Imperialism" - it documents how intensive Western style farming (with the animals in close quarters) then spread plagues and invasive species around the world. Then as Western "growth" kicked in like a cancer - so too did abrupt global warming.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Yeah so the Brits imposed their Western stupidity onto India and Africa, etc. - so just as the Chinese are now doing in Tibet.

That's just how Westernized imperialism works - the trade patterns are based on export commodities, not local food sovereignty.

For example in Somalia - Mogadishu was controlled by the farmers. So when Cargill dumped US food into Somalia - at 1/6th the local food price - that was not to "feed" Somalia. It was to undermine and take over the political control of Somalia.

none of which has anything to do with the qi gong teacher helping others as stated to live with less food.

Seems like it would be something he or you would do,,,since you so concerned about it....

Or is it something that you concerned with that others should do.......but your not feeling the need to...

Dont like whats going, become strong enough to change it...in most of those countries their leaders always seem to live

pretty good.

2 minutes ago, windwalker said:

none of which has anything to do with the qi gong teacher helping others as stated to live with less food.

Seems like it would be something he or you would do,,,since you so concerned about it....

Or is it something that you concerned with that others should do.......but your not feeling the need to...

Dont like whats going, become strong enough to change it...in most of those countries their leaders always seem to live

pretty good.

yes just click on the link on my profile below for free research of how to life with less food - bigu

The original human culture, the San Bushmen, trained in this skill - Tshoma - a 1 month fasting that is done every year - away from the females. This training spread around the world.

2 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

yes just click on the link on my profile below for free research of how to life with less food - bigu

The original human culture, the San Bushmen, trained in this skill - Tshoma - a 1 month fasting that is done every year - away from the females. This training spread around the world.

seems to have missed the places that dont have enough food to feed themselves.

Research is not doing,,,,can you do any of what you've researched? 

can you fast for 1 month,,,,have you?

24 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Then as Western "growth" kicked in like a cancer - so too did abrupt global warming.

All said from the comfort of a home, heated with western tech,

typing on a pc and using the internet.....sounds good..

Sounds like you need to ditch some of that bad western teach

and get with the program.....or is it important that others know about

the bad western culture that allows them to  live longer, and work less.

doing so....

• Like 1