Patrick Brown

Should an IS Traitor be Allowed to Return to the UK?

11 minutes ago, rocala said:

Actually I made my reply in response to one of your posts. A post that you have since edited beyond recognition. This is a dishonest act so there is no point in further contact.

rocala has noticed your trolling as well.

1 minute ago, Everything said:

I'm just editting to rewrite that's it. When I like what I wrote, then I leave it at that.

Perhaps you should leave this thread? 

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick Brown said:

rocala has noticed your trolling as well.

Perhaps you should leave this thread? 

Maybe faulty perception. What exactly is it that I am trolling about?

Maybe faulty perception. What exactly is it that I am trolling about?

You are guilty of flaming, i.e. Commenting just to be argumentative without having anything of value to add to the conversation. Your only argument on this thread would have been 'human rights' but you're not interested in rights are you? 

You can carry on if you like but I wont respond here anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Brown said:

You are guilty of flaming, i.e. Commenting just to be argumentative without having anything of value to add to the conversation. Your only argument on this thread would have been 'human rights' but you're not interested in rights are you? 

You can carry on if you like but I wont respond here anymore. 

I am interested on human rights, that's why I stay on topic, but you unfortunately don't. I don't care, because I am not a moderator.

I am interested on human rights, that's why I stay on topic, but you unfortunately don't. I don't care, because I am not a moderator.

Well, appearantly editting my reply to add further commentary, is a crime against humanity.

Humans are really difficult to comprehend. Maybe I am a troll. Strange that I discover this now so late in life. People have always been telling me I am a human. Strange, tho human. I would do anything if I could find my homeland of origin. Maybe up there in the heavens. On the troll planet. Where I can have a normal conversation with someone, without being discriminated against based race.

I have nothing against humans. Even if they are racist. But it does limit the interaction quiet a bit.

10 minutes ago, Everything said:

Well, appearantly editting my reply to add further commentary, is a crime against humanity.

Humans are really difficult to comprehend. Maybe I am a troll. Strange that I discover this now so late in life. People have always been telling me I am a human. Strange, tho human. I would do anything if I could find my homeland of origin. Maybe up there in the heavens. On the troll planet. Where I can have a normal conversation with someone, without being discriminated against based race.

I have nothing against humans. Even if they are racist. But it does limit the interaction quiet a bit.

1 hour ago, Everything said:

HAHAHA, dude, stop. Before you get arrested for supporting ISIS. :lol: That's really not a good idea.

I'd not mess with any politics.

I'm just using this topic to contemplate compassion and how far you are willing to take it. But I understand your point, yes, if we COULD help, we would. Because help also implies improvement.

I play around with Chod meditation.  An interesting Tibetan form, kind of an extreme type of metta meditation, ie forgiveness.  It goes to an extreme whereby you visualize yourself offering your body to a monster, ie giving up everything in the hopes your sacrifice, even to a monster can make the world a better place (I've got the mp3 in the Guided Meditation thread). 

Forgiveness is powerful.  For us.  The war with ISIS is largely over.  You probably win by showing compassion ie “with malice toward none; with charity for all.”.  Historically, the other way, with fines and punishment lead to more war later on.  Thus Everything does have a good point, though it started somewhat ramblingly. 

Catch me in a more sainted moment, I probably have 2 or 3 a month and I'd be willing to forgive and forget.  In my normal consciousness, she's so far on the bottom of the list that I wouldn't even give her lip service.  Such foreigners were often gifted slaves, often Yazidi woman ripped from there families after watching there husbands, brothers or fathers murdered.  I don't know if she had one, her husband was demoted as possible spy early on, but if they did, I'd much prefer charity go to her former slave then to such a participatory victim who went to incredible lengths (lying cheating stealing long arduous journeys, marriage to stranger..) to be exactly, where she is. 

Edited by thelerner

12 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I play around with Chod meditation.  An interesting Tibetan form, kind of an extreme type of metta meditation, ie forgiveness.  It goes to an extreme whereby you visualize yourself offering your body to a monster, ie giving up everything in the hopes your sacrifice, even to a monster can make the world a better place (I've got the mp3 in the Guided Meditation thread). 

Forgiveness is powerful.  For us.  The war with ISIS is largely over.  You probably win by showing compassion ie “with malice toward none; with charity for all.”.  Historically, the other way, with fines and punishment lead to more war later on.  Thus Everything does have a good point, though it started somewhat ramblingly. 

Catch me in a more sainted moment, I probably have 2 or 3 a month and I'd be willing to forgive and forget.  In my normal consciousness, she's so far on the bottom of the list that I wouldn't even give her lip service.  Such foreigners often gifted slaves, often Yazidi woman ripped from there families after watching there husbands, brothers or fathers murdered.  I don't know if she had one, her husband was demoted as possible spy early on, but if they did, I'd much prefer charity go to her former slave then to such a participatory victim who went to incredible lengths (lying cheating stealing long arduous journeys, marriage to stranger..) to be exactly, where she is. 

Yeah but all of that action is irrelevant unless ofcourse you have the ability to do it. Cause asking more of yourself than you can handle is not forgiving either.

It matters more to me how forgiveness can be so powerful. Because I have also always known it to be so. Not by mere words. But endless personal experience. 

It is easy to destroy, to blame, denie, fear. It takes real power to create something new. Such is the act of forgiveness. To allow the new to come to full restoration. 

Does a mechanic blame a car for having been driven off the cliff? No. It simply enjoys being of service in this way. So even tho a car can be broken, people can still love it for what it is. And then that loves allows the car to become more fully all that it is again. 

But I fully agree with you. We do have to always help ourselves first. Otherwise, if we're not happy, then we have nothing to offer anyway. In the end, you also want a world where people don't need help. 

And yeah, in order to truely offer love, you do have to allow yourself to feel love, which requires one to love one self first. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

Thus Everything does have a good point, though it started somewhat ramblingly. 

6 hours ago, thelerner said:

I don't know if she had one, her husband was demoted as possible spy early on, but if they did, I'd much prefer charity go to her former slave then to such a participatory victim who went to incredible lengths (lying cheating stealing long arduous journeys, marriage to stranger..) to be exactly, where she is. 

Obviously english is not your first language. However I suspect there may be something of interest here. Please have a rethink and try again.

14 minutes ago, rocala said:

Obviously english is not your first language. However I suspect there may be something of interest here. Please have a rethink and try again.

Don't think to hard about it dear.  I could explain it to you with tiny whiny little words, but not worth my time. 

I suspect you're writing using google translate?? 

1 minute ago, thelerner said:

but not worth my time.

You wish to communicate on a public forum  and then make comments like that. So brave when hiding behind the internet.

• Like 1

right back at ya girl. 

advice. Please read slowly, this probably isn't your first language.  (wait is that your line?)  sooorrrryyy

Go to mirror.

Look at self

Read post that inspired mine.

live in regret. 

8 hours ago, rocala said:

You wish to communicate on a public forum  and then make comments like that. So brave when hiding behind the internet.

I would love to devote my entire time specially for you. :wub:

Shamima Begum: Home secretary Sajid Javid ‘will not hesitate’ to block Isis bride’s return to UK
Family pleads for leniency over teenager as government rules out mission to retrieve her from Syrian camp

The home secretary has warned he “will not hesitate” to block the return of a British teenager who left the UK to join Isis.

Sajid Javid said those such as 19-year-old Shamima Begum who had travelled abroad to engage with terror groups were “full of hate for our country”.

He added that if the heavily-pregnant Ms Begum did return to Britain, she could be prosecuted, despite protestations from her family, who argue she was just a child when she fled to Syria aged 15.

“My message is clear – if you have supported terrorist organisations abroad I will not hesitate to prevent your return,” Mr Javid told The Times.

“If you do manage to return you should be ready to be questioned, investigated and potentially prosecuted.” 

Read in full here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/shamima-begum-isis-bride-latest-uk-return-home-secretary-sajid-javid-syria-a8780401.html

Hi Patrick, I do not think there is any point carrying on. Trolls are taking over the site and there is no sign of any moderation.

• Like 1

Just now, rocala said:

Hi Patrick, I do not think there is any point carrying on. Trolls are taking over the site and there is no sign of any moderation.

Go to your setting and you can choose to ignore pretty much all content, including responses on threads, be a member. Very good feature and seems to work well as I can no longer see a certain members comments on this thread.

Of course if too many people are ignored by me I'll have no one to talk to!!! :D

Hi, I do not like ignore functions as a rule, I like to know what is going on. I am extremely angry that the post was taken over by, in the first instance a probable ISIS supporting troll and secondly (if it is a different person, which I have some doubts about) a troll who had no intention of anything other than trouble making. I ask again "is there anybody moderating this site".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocala said:

Hi, I do not like ignore functions as a rule, I like to know what is going on. I am extremely angry that the post was taken over by, in the first instance a probable ISIS supporting troll and secondly (if it is a different person, which I have some doubts about) a troll who had no intention of anything other than trouble making. I ask again "is there anybody moderating this site".

I did complain but I was told to submit a report or something and I couldn't be bothered so it was just easier to ignore the user. 

Here's the admin who I complained to: https://www.thedaobums.com/profile/55621-dawei/ 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 4:44 AM, Patrick Brown said:

In fact people that are proven traitors against their country should be executed!

I think the law in the UK was changed in 1998 that treason max is life imprisonment.   So, your position is a bit outside of the countries law but everyone is entitled to their opinion on such matters.

I think she should understand that if she is allowed back, she could end up with life imprisonment... and so it is her life and choose to face the consequences of her past actions.  In that regard, she should be allowed back in with hands forwards to put on the cuffs.  But I don't live in the UK so I don't have a strong feeling to express on this. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

Oh and there is a report post thing on the right on each post which you could use. 

Yes, folks can 'report' member's posts... I've read through this two times and I'm surprised nobody reported E.T.  first post.  His posts appear to be 40% of the total so far, seriously engaged in a topic he takes seriously but with members I'm not sure he take seriously as I see lots of interpreting, inserting, twisting what folks said but I feel like that his how E.T. processes posts... I see tons of misunderstanding... but I see several folks bantering back and forth, tit for tat. 

I think this is an interesting topic to discuss and being in the Rabbit Hole [seems moved to Off-Topic] means we're going to let it shift directions to some degree, but the OP (Original Poster) requests to stay on topic should be heeded.   Let's try not to read into too many posts and just ask what one means... I will say that P.B. did exactly that when asked 'what evil' ?   That is a fair way to come to some agreement on what we see and say.   He had no mention nor innuendo of evil... just an appeal to law, IMO.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

members I'm not sure he take seriousl

Perhaps it should be a requirement if you are going to respond to a members post?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, rocala said:

Perhaps it should be a requirement if you are going to respond to a members post?

I hear you... but there is a swath of country, cultural, religious, emotional, psychological, mental, sensory, energetic difference we all experience.    Maybe part of our path is to understand others are different than ourselves.  And then seeing how we can communicate with each other.  

it is not always so elegant... but we will find something, whether we agree with it or not. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dawei said:

I think the law in the UK was changed in 1998 that treason max is life imprisonment.   So, your position is a bit outside of the countries law but everyone is entitled to their opinion on such matters.

I think she should understand that if she is allowed back, she could end up with life imprisonment... and so it is her life and choose to face the consequences of her past actions.  In that regard, she should be allowed back in with hands forwards to put on the cuffs.  But I don't live in the UK so I don't have a strong feeling to express on this. 

Well I don't believe in the death penalty and my remarks were probably more for effect. Having said that I think at times of war laws revert to a 'emergency standard' which may in many countries include the execution of traitors. The question is are we at war with IS? 

The UK government has said, at this time, that if this women returns to the UK she will be arrested. I personally don't think she should be allowed back in as she will end up as a kind of martyr for IS and inflame cultural divisions within our country. Her citizenship should be revoked, period. In fact any British citizen leaving the UK to fight against western civilisation should understand that they are renouncing their citizenship and will not be allowed to return. There needs to be a few changes to the law now to stop this sort of thing happening again.

9 hours ago, rocala said:

A splattering of humour and the odd misunderstanding is fine but when trolling is allowed to drag on it can just rubbish a valid discussion.