rideforever

The Shocking State of Human Insanity

Recommended Posts

Working in the city, watching people not even spare a glance at homeless people living in puddles of their piss on the floor, let alone spare some change, or offer to buy them a hot meal, makes me angry.

 

Child abuse, murder, gang violence, poverty, the lack of social welfare, the cultivation of hatred toward people fleeing war or famine, those also make me angry.

 

Other things annoy me: the vanity of the selfie generation, the lack of self awareness inheritant in complaints over first world problems, shaming and publicly destroying people on social media without regard to the consequences, those also make me worried about our future.

 

But a group of people trying to develop compassion for others, gratitute for their lives, and trying to live mindfully and peacefully in the precious few years we are given, that doesn't make me angry. Not one jot. For those people, I have the greatest respect and I hold them in the highest esteem.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

a group of people trying to develop compassion for others, gratitute for their lives, and trying to live mindfully and peacefully in the precious few years we are given, that doesn't make me angry. Not one jot. For those people, I have the greatest respect and I hold them in the highest esteem.

good post, and I agree, but I also relate to Rideforever on the subject of letting ourselves get angry. I am reminded of Jesus, when he got really pissed off at the folks using the temple to sell there shit.  he was mad, angry and made a whip out of braided rope and kicked some ass. In today's pseudo spiritual western society, we want to give a "look" of being spiritual, which in our minds never means getting angry.  

when my kids were young, would get up at night to take a piss, and I would step on Barbie doll parts like sharp little high heels laying on the floor.  I cussed, danced around, cussed some more,  then dropped it and took a piss, went back to bed.  anger is natural,  holding on to it , or stuffing it makes us sick, in many ways, just my two and one half cents. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

  I cussed, danced around, cussed some more,  then dropped it and took a piss, went back to bed. 

 

And your children will have modelled themselves on you, repeat your "way" of dealing with life, first honestly and instinctively, and then dropping it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

good post, and I agree, but I also relate to Rideforever on the subject of letting ourselves get angry. I am reminded of Jesus, when he got really pissed off at the folks using the temple to sell there shit.  he was mad, angry and made a whip out of braided rope and kicked some ass. In today's pseudo spiritual western society, we want to give a "look" of being spiritual, which in our minds never means getting angry.  

when my kids were young, would get up at night to take a piss, and I would step on Barbie doll parts like sharp little high heels laying on the floor.  I cussed, danced around, cussed some more,  then dropped it and took a piss, went back to bed.  anger is natural,  holding on to it , or stuffing it makes us sick, in many ways, just my two and one half cents. 

Genuinely see very little of that in Buddhist circles. In yoga groups, certainly In fact, there's a whole practice of vajrayana called chod, which is orientated around 'feeding' (and thereby pacifying) demons (internal or otherwise). Internal emotions are met head on, embraced and accepted. Not suppressed in any shape or form. It is a path of bravery. The op knows very little about Buddhism beyond what he may have read in a magazine sometime.

 

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-feeding-your-demons/

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

The op knows very little about Buddhism beyond what he may have read in a magazine sometime.

I am really not in a position to say if someone knows, or has had experiences in person, not to mention social media.  Never sat down and had a beer with anyone here, so I can only comment on my personal experience, such as it is.  and no one really knows how full of shit i probably am.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zen Pig said:

good post, and I agree, but I also relate to Rideforever on the subject of letting ourselves get angry. I am reminded of Jesus, when he got really pissed off at the folks using the temple to sell there shit.  he was mad, angry and made a whip out of braided rope and kicked some ass. In today's pseudo spiritual western society, we want to give a "look" of being spiritual, which in our minds never means getting angry.  

when my kids were young, would get up at night to take a piss, and I would step on Barbie doll parts like sharp little high heels laying on the floor.  I cussed, danced around, cussed some more,  then dropped it and took a piss, went back to bed.  anger is natural,  holding on to it , or stuffing it makes us sick, in many ways, just my two and one half cents. 

Yeah exactly. Rage and anger and hate is good, to focus your mind away instantly from what does not serve you, and towards that which does, instantly. It is like transforming that pain, and allowing the pain to become its own remedy.  Often people trip their minds unto a perspective of their life that causes them to feel that pain you felt, and anger can instantly redirect your focus away from that lie or false idea about the self, where as hoding on to the pain would just continue the despair. So it's some sort of attempt to get closer to god consciousness but often there is jealousy towards beings like Jesus, that revenge to put him on the cross offered temporary relief to individuals who wanted nothing more than to become like Jesus. But eventually people realise that you don't do it or ever need to do it through actions. Cause the very thing you hate is often your own inability to become like those god realised human beings, and the way to remedy that is to just surrender that inability to allow for the evermore becoming of your evermore ability to become God realised your self, and then you will love people like Jesus and Buddha who set their own example of how it can be done. Same with a sport champion. You can hate the victory and thereby deny the value of it only for yourself, or love it and thereby become of likeness to it yourself for your own evermore expression and knowing and becoming of your own successive victories of and as existance, evermore, in all the ways you can do so evermore in every single step of this eternal journey that is life and more life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Genuinely see very little of that in Buddhist circles. In yoga groups, certainly In fact, there's a whole practice of vajrayana called chod, which is orientated around 'feeding' (and thereby pacifying) demons (internal or otherwise). Internal emotions are met head on, embraced and accepted. Not suppressed in any shape or form. It is a path of bravery. The op knows very little about Buddhism beyond what he may have read in a magazine sometime.

 

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-feeding-your-demons/

You're not gonna accomplish anything by feeding the illusions and delusions and self limitting practices except temporary discomfort, that will always seem and be truely experienced as everlasting in nature and pain, because that is also what you are blocking the nature of in that practice of "feeding demons". Your own unquestionably eternally worthy nature. And that current is immense and unblockable. So it always causes you to suffer, become sick or attract "accidents" which are actually not coinsidinces but incidinces which are co created through your own soul and all that you call good, for your own well-being and its sake. Consider it a collective conscious vote for your own physical dying that you actually unknowingly but surely agree with in such cases of attracting so much pain that dying or allowing through the path of least resistance, always, the denying of the physical body then becomes the path of lesser resistance for you and the full blown re entering and re awakening back fully into your  full blown non-physical conscious awareness of all that you truely are, beyond all those false ideas that one may hold unto which causes them to suffer so.

But you don't need to die before you can allow your own greater awareness and consciousness to more fully flow through you, if you care about how you feel, and accept that is your unconditional way of realising your own connection to your ever expanding non-physical consciousness and greater knowing.

And that is what god realised human beings teach and remind us of, always. That we want so much to become that joyous perfect blend of co-harmonized blend of physical and non-physical hand in hand as a TOTAL being.

Edited by Everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Everything said:

Cause the very thing you hate is often your own inability to become like those god realised human beings, and the way to remedy that is to just surrender that inability to allow for the evermore becoming of your evermore ability to become God realised your self

thanks for the comments .  interesting take.  but as far as my original post, who said anything about hate? Hate, for me, is a holding on to anger, of giving normal human anger power.  Normal human anger comes, then goes.  I am reminded of the old Zen Buddhist story, (well think it was Buddhist) that reminds me of holding on to something, (hate), and being human, getting mad, sad, glad, happy, etc, and letting it go.

 

"A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her cross to the other side.

The two monks glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to touch a woman.

Then, without a word, the older monk picked up the woman, carried her across the river, placed her gently on the other side, and carried on his 
journey.

The younger monk couldn’t believe what had just happened. After rejoining his companion, he was speechless, and an hour passed without a word between them.

Two more hours passed, then three, finally the younger monk could contain himself any longer, and blurted out “As monks, we are not permitted a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The older monk looked at him and replied, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river, why are you still carrying her?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

thanks for the comments .  interesting take.  but as far as my original post, who said anything about hate? Hate, for me, is a holding on to anger, of giving normal human anger power.  Normal human anger comes, then goes.  I am reminded of the old Zen Buddhist story, (well think it was Buddhist) that reminds me of holding on to something, (hate), and being human, getting mad, sad, glad, happy, etc, and letting it go.

 

"A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her cross to the other side.

The two monks glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to touch a woman.

Then, without a word, the older monk picked up the woman, carried her across the river, placed her gently on the other side, and carried on his 
journey.

The younger monk couldn’t believe what had just happened. After rejoining his companion, he was speechless, and an hour passed without a word between them.

Two more hours passed, then three, finally the younger monk could contain himself any longer, and blurted out “As monks, we are not permitted a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The older monk looked at him and replied, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river, why are you still carrying her?”

Exactly! such a beautiful and relevant text, thanks for sharing your wisdom of sharing.

We often look for love outside ourselves not knowing it happens through us.

If you are going to vow not to touch a woman, you need to first fully understand what that means. And it always means a denying of your own nature and it is never gonna serve anyone. To accept the naturalness of your loving nature, and to understand that you can allow that love to exist unconditionally, then you no longer need people to give you that love before you allow yourself to be it unconditionally, and thus you never need to control any condition or circumstance or physical life experiences from a state of disempowerment, such as trying to control women or any condition that life may bring us. Because those conditions come from within, not without. It only ever comes for and through your unconditionally loving nature as a total whole complete being, a perfect blend of physical and non-physical harmonized and hand in hand, indicated by the energy motional, emotional, indication of love, or freedom, or empowerment, or appreciation, or joy, or knowing.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I wish healing for the OP.

And it always happens through your offering of the state of being already healed, that the OP thus then can choose to addopt through the most powerful teaching of your very own example of being the state of being already healed.

 

I recall a story of a woman who healed the most despairing experiences of her life, instantly, by merely observing the careless nature of a free moving ant. And it initiated her very own freedom from the state of being in fear that had always and only ever been the only source of her everlasting bondage as a child in horrific captivity. And the entire structure of false ideas and believes, literally physically could no longer hold on to her new found inner freedom, that thus then could only ever ongoingly reflect outward throughout all of her life, evermore. And still to this day, she learns every single day from the careless nature of the free moving ant that she found in her deepest depth of captivity and offered her the possibility of knowing her own freedom evermore aswell. As it has always ment to be so and always will be, evermore.

Edited by Everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Working in the city, watching people not even spare a glance at homeless people living in puddles of their piss on the floor, let alone spare some change, or offer to buy them a hot meal, makes me angry.

 

I also work in a city and witness the same, but look at the other side of the coin: what happens when one stops and offers to help? One may feel good about himself for a while, being generous, but what of the homeless person living in puddles of piss on the floor? Is he truly helped? If not, what would it take to truly help this person? Are you willing to personally do that? If you are, what of your family, is it right to lessen your role in their lives at the expense of the other person? And what of this other person - is it right that they make you responsible for their life?

 

I'm not expecting answers from you. I'm just showing that the problem is not a simple one, and neither are the solutions.

 

3 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Other things annoy me: the vanity of the selfie generation, the lack of self awareness inheritant in complaints over first world problems, shaming and publicly destroying people on social media without regard to the consequences, those also make me worried about our future.

 

As regards "first world problems" - this is just another way of saying "your problems don't matter." It's actually quite insulting. Everyone has their problems, and to that person those problems are important. One person may not understand or appreciate another person's problems, but that does not mean they are not real.

 

To the construction worker a pimple on the nose is nothing. To a model working for a magazine the same pimple is devastating. 

Edited by Lost in Translation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I'm not expecting answers from you. I'm just showing that the problem is not a simple one, and neither are the solutions.

The problems are even more simple than you make them out not to be. The problem is so simple infact, that it is not even a problem. You simply offer your unconditional love to such an individual, in one simple act of kindness, that can also be an act of non-action. That may be to offer them the freedom of non-inteference that they already have and know so well, that you can always allow the evermore expression of, through your act of non-action, wei wu wei, as you do nothing and thus leave nothing undone, and realise finally that not responding is also a response, to look past their struggles in life and allow them to feel your unconditional appreciation that does not require of them anything except them to be who it is and what it is they truely already are in any given moment. And thus they can then just be in appreciation as you are aswell so relentlessly being in that, and as that, and play together evermore in your mutual new found freedom from any and all conditions that never matter(ialize) from without, but rather from within. And it doesn't require you to do anything but be who it is you truely already are, ever so more fully, in your ever greater reaching for all the joy of who it is you truely already are and will be allowing the ever more ever becoming of.

And often the most valuable response is the response of non-interference. And to just be yourself, regardless of what the individual is doing, allows them more fully the opportunity to be more of who it is they truely already are aswell, and that love resonates endlessly and always expands their own freedom in their own ever more ever becoming of all that they are ment to be evermore aswell, which thus then is allowed more fully, and thus can be evermore so fully allowed to be evermore, so much more fully and ongoingly.

Edited by Everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

 

To the construction worker a pimple on the nose is nothing. To a model working for a magazine the same pimple is devastating. 

 

And how about to half of the world's population, three billion people living in poverty. Or to the 1.3 billion living in the most extreme conditions of poverty? How would they view a pimple? 

Edited by Vajra Fist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

 

And how about to half of the world's population, three billion people living in poverty. Or to the 1.3 billion living in the most extreme conditions of poverty? How would they view a pimple? 

They don't care about pimples, which is also why they often are much more happy in their life, and they live also thus much more fulfilled life experiences throughout their whole life, overal, that causes the people around them also to be much more likely to live a much more fulfilled life aswell, making their country also the most sought out place to be at for allot of people who are longing for that same joy and freedom that the poor countries already live in. And often thus then their country becomes a massive tourist attraction, and many men go there to make babies even, and governments are even openly recommending people to go to vacation to become happy enough to even be capable of making a baby, and then hopefully return that baby to their own country, which doesn't happen, because ofcourse the baby was made with the woman from another country so it stays there as the man returns home for work. And now the people are just working to leave their own country and go on vacation as much as they possibly can. Because everywhere is more fun than where they are. As long as there are not so many permanent structures in any given location, it's always gonna be more pleasant to hang out there. However, there is the idea of being hunted down, as a free human being. But I'll assure you, dying as a free man is more honorable than living as a captivated man. The mighty and wise gorillas teach us this. The reason they are captivated is because hunters killed their fathers or mothers, and who created the hunters? The money. And who created the money? The permanent structures. So you could in a sense say that every permanent structure made by man is a permanent source of evil. But that is not accurate to say. Because it is not the source of evil. It is merely that which causes resistance and blocking of the Pure Positive Energy of the Source of All Creation, that is always good and better evermore. If that current is blocked, the symptoms and manifestations will always be reflected outwardly, and create individuals such as yourself who feed their own demons, for the purpose of destruction. And you better hope that your destruction is powerful enough that it destroys the very thing that causes the resistance. Which in the end is merely a thought. And when people realise this, they can even let go of the structures and allow them to be as it is without judging it or needing it to be different than what it already is. Merely an illusion and idea of mankind, that is not in alignment with their greater knowing they always have acces to from within. If they can allow themselves to feel their way to it.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

And how about to half of the world's population, three billion people living in poverty. Or to the 1.3 billion living in the most extreme conditions of poverty? How would they view a pimple? 

i guess they would need to form very very long slow moving line, and look at the pimple one by one. It would take almost 14 years if each of them took 3 seconds for looking.

sorry, its not a good think to make joke on such stuff, but i couldn't help myself.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Working in the city, watching people not even spare a glance at homeless people living in puddles of their piss on the floor, let alone spare some change, or offer to buy them a hot meal, makes me angry.

 

How is the above any different to what is below to the hypothetical homeless person? In both cases one simply walks by.

 

4 hours ago, Everything said:

The problems are even more simple than you make them out not to be. The problem is so simple infact, that it is not even a problem. You simply offer your unconditional love to such an individual, in one simple act of kindness, that can also be an act of non-action. That may be to offer them the freedom of non-inteference that they already have and know so well, that you can always allow the evermore expression of, through your act of non-action, wei wu wei, as you do nothing and thus leave nothing undone, and realise finally that not responding is also a response, to look past their struggles in life and allow them to feel your unconditional appreciation that does not require of them anything except them to be who it is and what it is they truely already are in any given moment. And thus they can then just be in appreciation as you are aswell so relentlessly being in that, and as that, and play together evermore in your mutual new found freedom from any and all conditions that never matter(ialize) from without, but rather from within. And it doesn't require you to do anything but be who it is you truely already are, ever so more fully, in your ever greater reaching for all the joy of who it is you truely already are and will be allowing the ever more ever becoming of.

And often the most valuable response is the response of non-interference. And to just be yourself, regardless of what the individual is doing, allows them more fully the opportunity to be more of who it is they truely already are aswell, and that love resonates endlessly and always expands their own freedom in their own ever more ever becoming of all that they are ment to be evermore aswell, which thus then is allowed more fully, and thus can be evermore so fully allowed to be evermore, so much more fully and ongoingly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lost in Translation said:

How is the above any different to what is below to the hypothetical homeless person? In both cases one simply walks by.

As above, so below. Now you're getting the hang of it. 

joy.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

 

And how about to half of the world's population, three billion people living in poverty. Or to the 1.3 billion living in the most extreme conditions of poverty? How would they view a pimple? 

 

My heart goes out to these people and I help them when I can, but their fate is theirs as mine is mine and I refuse to accept any guilt for my life as I refuse to begrudge those who are more wealthy than I.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

 

My heart goes out to these people and I help them when I can, but their fate is theirs as mine is mine and I refuse to accept any guilt for my life as I refuse to begrudge those who are more wealthy than I.

EXACTLY, and that is how every bum feels! They feel free from the bondage of their own hatred and blaming the people around them, so they sleep wherever they want, feeling free and willing to forgive everyone enough to still stick around. Not caring about the conditions of their life, and not caring about the judgement of other people, unless you INSIST to judge them by constantly giving them an extreme dose of pitty with every dollar that they soon grow to become weary of money. Then they get angry and revolt and become hateful of the people around them, because they are judged soley of how they look when the people don't judge themselves by realising they are the reason why they look the way they look. If you don't judge a bum, the chances are much higher that they will tell you what truely matters in life. The idea is not to give them money, because a lack of money HAS NEVER BEEN THE SOURCE OF THEIR PROBLEM, it HOW people decide to spend their money that causes the problem, that is due to a negative view and judging of these bums, that is the source of their mis spend money, it is about how you give money, but if you make their life more comfortable. For example, where are public showers? And toilets? Such things is what will truely honor the street bums and poor people. They all just want water. Even more important than food sometimes. To die a clean and honorable death. Not covered in your own sht.

Also, continue to give money in such a way that you can always be able to do so. So don't go spending your entire savings. Just do the math. What you feel comfortable with. It is also about consistency. So sometimes small can be very big if done regularly, and often that is also better. And if that is not possible then just donate whenever you feel like you have to spare whatever amount is enough, even if you are poor. The idea is you share for the joy of sharing. Because you enjoy sharing. That's it. Otherwise the money is not gonna be enjoyed either.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites