LAOLONG

Human destruction of nature

4 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

That's pretty damn optimistic considering all your pessimism in the Trunk thread.

the Tao is not broken by a trump or anything else,  so not just optimism per-se,   instead lets see verified truth.

4 minutes ago, 3bob said:

the Tao is not broken by a trump or anything else,  so not just optimism per-se,   instead lets see verified truth.

Yes, where is the truth?  Seems we have a hard time getting it from the media.  And social media is little more than gossip.

The truth exists.  I think we need to find it and consider it prior to adding our personal opinions to make it look like something we can accept.

6 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

that was not a trump from me it  was just a recall from a bumper sticker I read recentl

And if you travel at the speed of light you will never leave the darkest hour.  Slow down, Better still, stop, sit down and shut up.

Be we need talk, don't we?

Best to talk for the purpose of gaining a better understanding of the truth.

@3bob - I was referring to a specific medical analogue.

Cancer is when a single cell line (species - human) begins to reproduce unchecked and with no regard for anything but itself.

It chokes out other, healthy tissues and cells around it (reference the articles above), damaging the host (climate change, pollution).
It eventually outgrows its own nutritional supply (water shortages, food shortages) and undergoes necrosis.

Ultimately it kills its own host, like the scorpion and the otter - that is its nature...

While it's certainly not perfect, in my mind it is a fairly accurate and apt analogy.

I don't presume to know what the Earth Soul thinks, in fact words like think may not apply at that level of intelligence - I really have no clue. I'm more focused on the human perspective as that is the more familiar. Although I do think that much of our current intellectual, psychological, and emotional negativity is a direct expression of the pain and sadness of our Mother.

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, steve said:

@3bob - I was referring to a specific medical analogue.

Cancer is when a single cell line (species - human) begins to reproduce unchecked and with no regard for anything but itself.

It chokes out other, healthy tissues and cells around it (reference the articles above), damaging the host (climate change, pollution).
It eventually outgrows its own nutritional supply (water shortages, food shortages) and undergoes necrosis.

Ultimately it kills its own host, like the scorpion and the otter - that is its nature...

While it's certainly not perfect, in my mind it is a fairly accurate and apt analogy.

I don't presume to know what the Earth Soul thinks, in fact words like think may not apply at that level of intelligence - I really have no clue. I'm more focused on the human perspective as that is the more familiar. Although I do think that much of our current intellectual, psychological, and emotional negativity is a direct expression of the pain and sadness of our Mother.

ok, but cancer of various levels is not in the greater blue print or existing as some kind of default, in spiritual type terms it is a corrupting of the blueprint at certain levels of being by anti-dharmic forces...so it can be said that nothing happens in an individuals body or the body of the earth without it first taking place at deeper levels. 

I dont know how you guys can keep being so philosophical while knowing about the reality of mass extinction, but frankly i admire it. 

Hearing about the destruction of animal species or forest on a daily bases for the sake of some $$ just make me incredibly sad.

I try to do my best to be a part of an other way to exist on this planet, but its easy to feel small against the power of petrodollars and poisonous politics. 

I guess i should just take care of my garden !

• Like 2

There is destruction and creation in all things.

It exists in the spiritual world as well.

The challenge of humans is to see the greater connection to the macro entities and their effect on the individual.

Balance with the biosphere. Balance within the population. Balance with the village. Balance within self.

Most people are good. The common man will go in the direction of the leaders.

The leaders are still using scarcity, separatism, and self accumulation as the guiding principles for their lineages.

When they shift to more unification, the common man will follow.

Then humans will learn to not steal life in excess from the greater biosphere and act with balance, rather than as a sickness.

Edited by Sol

"During the summer of 2018, the future of climate change became the present. Highly amplified jet stream patterns that remained stuck in place for unusually long periods of time brought the planet a series of remarkable weather catastrophes—unprecedented heat waves in East Asia and Northern Europe, choking smoke from a record fire season in California and Washington, and Japan’s deadliest floods since 1982, to name a few.

The severe summer weather helped bring the 2018 tally of billion-dollar weather-related disasters to 35--a startlingly high number that is already the third highest such total for any year since 1990, according to statistics supplied by Steve Bowen of insurance broker Aon Benfield. Research published on Wednesday (open access), led by climate scientist Dr. Michael Mann of Penn State, predicted that our future climate is likely to bring a significant increase in “stuck” summertime jet stream patterns capable of bringing a rise in extreme destructive weather events like we experienced in 2018. Their paper was titled, Projected changes in persistent extreme summer weather events: The role of quasi-resonant amplification.

Global disasters

Figure 1. The yearly number of billion-dollar global weather disasters, adjusted for inflation, as compiled by insurance broker Aon Benfield in their Annual Global Climate and Catastrophe Reports. The figures for 2018 are only through October, yet we have already seen the third highest number of billion-dollar global weather disasters on record for a year--thanks, in part, to an unusually persistent and extreme summertime jet stream pattern that brought extended periods of extreme weather to portions of the globe. The increasing trend in weather disaster losses in recent decades is largely due to increases in wealth and population and to people moving to more vulnerable areas, but climate change is likely to play an increasing role in coming decades in disaster losses. We discussed this topic in more detail in a 2012 post, Damage Losses and Climate Change....."

Our "stable genius" (you know who) does NOT believe in global warming nor does he give a dam,  for he has several resorts to choose from to screw off at depending on the weather , besides he will only be around 10-20 years per a normal lifespan, but all the future generations coming up will be suffering in part because of the results of his gross ignorance and arrogance - and they sure in the hell will not have their choice of cozy resorts to screw off at in the lap of luxury! 

Edited by 3bob

On 11/2/2018 at 8:04 AM, 3bob said:

ok, but cancer of various levels is not in the greater blue print or existing as some kind of default, in spiritual type terms it is a corrupting of the blueprint at certain levels of being by anti-dharmic forces...so it can be said that nothing happens in an individuals body or the body of the earth without it first taking place at deeper levels. 

Not sure how that is relevant.

While cancer may not be in the "greater blueprint" or "some kind of default" (in fact, it may be if you look at genetic markers for cancer), neither is human destruction of other life forms and damage to Earth's homeostasis, necessarily. There is the potential for us to behave differently, we just don't seem to be capable of collectively making that happen; even in the presence of overwhelmingly conclusive evidence of the harm we are doing and the magnitude of its consequences.

Is there anything in relative experience that cannot be said to be rooted in deeper levels?

Again, I'm just offering a simple observation from the perspective of a health care provider that human behavior relative to the Earth and other species has striking similarities to the behavior of malignant tumors in the body.

• Thanks 1

I don't know much about genetic markers...but it seems that if the blue print, so to speak, had failures or cancer in it - that it never would have gotten off the ground in the first place?

1 minute ago, 3bob said:

I don't know much about genetic markers...but it seems that if the blue print, so to speak, had failures or cancer in it - that it never would have gotten off the ground in the first place?

Death is preprogrammed into the system.

It's not an error, it's a natural part of the cycle.

Once medical science addressed solved some of the issues that caused earlier deaths, other causes like cancer became predominant.

The Earth has a life cycle as well.

Maybe we are a part of that...

2 minutes ago, steve said:

Death is preprogrammed into the system.

It's not an error, it's a natural part of the cycle.

Once medical science addressed solved some of the issues that caused earlier deaths, other causes like cancer became predominant.

The Earth has a life cycle as well.

Maybe we are a part of that...

i don't know about that...seems that a greater evolution is pre-programed into the system other wise it never would have gotten off the ground in the first place.  Btw. the earth will die as an earth but become a heaven, just as a sprout will die as a sprout but become a tree. 

13 minutes ago, 3bob said:

Btw. the earth will die as an earth but become a heaven

If things go the way the majority of astronomers are suggesting it is going be a very hot heaven for a while and then a very cold one.

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

If things go the way the majority of astronomers are suggesting it is going be a very hot heaven for a while and then a very cold one.

a "heaven" is an evolution beyond the  physical.

1 minute ago, 3bob said:

a "heaven" is an evolution beyond the  physical.

Oh!  Okay.  I'm a Physicalist, you know.

9 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Oh!  Okay.  I'm a Physicalist, you know.

can you see electro-magnetic forces with your physical eyes, (and since you can't are they real?) Does putting physical limits on human abilities that are greater than just the physical (for instance intuition) a virtue?

Edited by 3bob

No, I don't see electro-magnetic energy waves or even particles.

I do hold to the concept of intuition though.  It's source?  The best I can determine is that it is our subconscious mind.

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

i don't know about that...seems that a greater evolution is pre-programed into the system other wise it never would have gotten off the ground in the first place.  

Death is necessary as resources and room in Earth are finite. Plus, things would get awfully dull and achy if we lived forever in these bodies...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steve said:

Death is necessary as resources and room in Earth are finite. Plus, things would get awfully dull and achy if we lived forever in these bodies...

Yeah, if I ever become an immortal I would want a young, healthy body that doesn't grow old.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, steve said:

death for the physical is not death or an ending per-se but a recycling for the physical.

11 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, if I ever become an immortal I would want a young, healthy body that doesn't grow old.

even immortals (light bodies)  have to move on at some point

• Like 1