Integrated

Ignorelist and quoting

I am very comfortable with diversity. That is why I like to travel and go to the city. So many different people from different cultures this makes me relax and blend in.

This forum makes me very uncomfortable because we have the same interest and are way too much alike. There maybe different view points of the same thing and I do not want to hear about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Marblehead just told me to use contraceptives when I talk. Sorry I cracked you up. I hope you feel better and get well soon.

I find hallmark cards have great sayings that are family friendly so I like to use them as much as possible. But I am being sincere.

I just googled creams for cracking maybe shea butter will help and I am so sorry I did not intentionally want to do anyone any harm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait just one minute.............Marblehead said "talk about contradictions" is that some fancy word for calling me a dick!!!!!!

I might not be a ivy league graduate but I am not stupid. I should have quoted him how ever you smart people do that then everyone could see what he said to me.

Two words come to mind right now to say to that MH but I will stay on topic and use just one word for now......IGNORE

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, I suppose some people could use a contraceptive when they talk.  I don't know.

The talker needs the contraceptive ?

Would it not be the listener that needs the contraceptive ?   So as not to be 'impregnated' with the others ideas ?

I have a fiend who insists pregnancy is a venereal disease ... if a condom is used , it cant be spread .  Also she knows its useless to depend on the man taking responsibility , I agree with her ... gotta look after number 1 , regardless of any 'promises' made . So I cant trust the speaker to be responsible for his 'talking contraceptives'  ....

.. so I am going for the  'audio diaphragm '  ...

Problem-Solved-Shirt-Black-Back-Closeup.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Now this is some high level transmission. No words needed at all. This I totally get and agree with. Deep bow

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Now this is some high level transmission. No words needed at all. This I totally get and agree with. Deep bow

Contraceptives in use ensuring safe communication.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Also she knows its useless to depend on the man taking responsibility ,

Interesting view point,  responsponsibility.

in relationships.

one can be right or happy.

Its not often that one can  be happy and right. 

choose wisely young jedi  

• Like 1

On 11.9.2018 at 11:12 PM, Marblehead said:

True.  Anything that is quoted by another member would not be hidden.

Ends up just being a mind game.

Yes apparently even Taoist sages find use for mindgames through proxy-flamewars...

It is how they develop their super detached attitude! B)

Since people didn't come out and said it, I can only understand it as a supersecret training regimen.

Makes sense since Grandmaster Windwalka wanted to recruit me with just such a setup in mind.

From my point of view people who are ignored are more or less handicapped.

If they want to shit on the person that ignored them, they need help to wipe their ass afterwards.

In the beginning of a handicap, a lot of people are available for reasons of sympaty and pity.

Four months down the road though when things turn bad, and they suffer from a severe case of diarrhea,

good friends will be more hard to come by.

Fighting a proxy-flamewar in the longterm is not really a viable strategy,

but some like to think that slipping a message past "the line in the sand" means some sort of grand victory.

Just as someone paralysed feels about managing to take a crap with minimal assistance.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Integrated said:

Yes apparently even Taoist sages find use for mindgames through proxy-flamewars...

It is how they develop their super detached attitude! B)

Since people didn't come out and said it, I can only understand it as a supersecret training regimen.

Makes sense since Grandmaster Windwalka wanted to recruit me with just such a setup in mind.

From my point of view people who are ignored are more or less handicapped.

If they want to shit on the person that ignored them, they need help to wipe their ass afterwards.

In the beginning of a handicap, a lot of people are available for reasons of sympaty and pity.

Four months down the road though when things turn bad, and they suffer from a severe case of diarrhea,

good friends will be more hard to come by.

Fighting a proxy-flamewar in the longterm is not really a viable strategy,

but some like to think that slipping a message past "the line in the sand" means some sort of grand victory.

Just as someone paralysed feels about managing to take a crap with minimal assistance.

For someone who has a lot to say about flamewars and their viablity, you're pretty adept at keeping them viable.

Warring it out is fine, but when we start naming names and making it personal, that's when things get ugly and the mod team steps in.

To put it simple and to seve as a friendly, unofficial warning to everyone, attack the message not the messenger. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

For someone who has a lot to say about flamewars and their viablity, you're pretty adept at keeping them viable.

Warring it out is fine, but when we start naming names and making it personal, that's when things get ugly and the mod team steps in.

To put it simple and to seve as a friendly, unofficial warning to everyone, attack the message not the messenger. :)

That is fine, will make sure not to name anyone I ignorelist from this point on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But in all fairness, I don't mind if someone tells the entire world that they put me on ignore.

My heart has been broken so many times before it has grown resistant to being broken again.

But yes, if need be, criticize the message, not the messenger.

Personal attacks will get one suspended or banned on this forum.  It's a strict No, No.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

But in all fairness, I don't mind if someone tells the entire world that they put me on ignore.

My heart has been broken so many times before it has grown resistant to being broken again.

But yes, if need be, criticize the message, not the messenger.

Personal attacks will get one suspended or banned on this forum.  It's a strict No, No.

Yeah, now that I know the lay of the land, I guess I can start and focus on the message and such.

This whole thing took me on a little detour, but it was useful.

Biggest takeaway about others:

giphy.gif&f=1

Biggest takeaway about myself:

AcidicUntimelyIrishterrier.gif&f=1

Now excuse me, I have some shadow work to do.

tenor.gif?itemid=5497609&f=1

• Like 1

If you know you are on someones ignore list, you can start to quote that person as much as possible in the knowledge of that the person will get a notification but will not see your post. 

So they will have to check ✅ 

Mindgames 😁

6 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

If you know you are on someones ignore list, you can start to quote that person as much as possible in the knowledge of that the person will get a notification but will not see your post. 

Mindgames 😁

Yeah, but that could be considered trolling.

I am ignoring political threads right now.  And believe it or not, I am doing it without the aid of the computer or the forum software.

Amazing what "intention" can do.

45 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, but that could be considered trolling.

I am ignoring political threads right now.  And believe it or not, I am doing it without the aid of the computer or the forum software.

Amazing what "intention" can do.

Yes Marblehead, but ignoring a whole thread is not that difficult, even I can do that. :rolleyes:

The really difficult thing is to go on reading a thread without using the ignore list and resisting the temptation to correct what you think is harmful nonsense. That's why I am happy that there is the possibility of putting some Bums on ones ignore-list.

Strangely I still receive email-notifications when a Bum on my ignore-list posts something in a topic I am following or once followed. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Mindgames 😁

So that is what's happening! :angry:

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

To remove any possibility of misunderstanding, Mudfoot is not on my ignore-list.

I hope he doesn't feel bad about that.

On 2018-09-16 at 1:58 PM, Marblehead said:

I hope he doesn't feel bad about that.

I feel ignored. 

What, haven't I been obnoxious enough? 

I can be that person!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like you the way you are.  I would ask you to not change but we can't prevent doing that.  Perhaps it will be for the better.