Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

4 hours ago, Flolfolil said:

the temporary enlightenment experience I was having faded away, after a long period where it got quite dark in my head.

The darkness is a continuing and unavoidable essential part of the experience.  What is more important is how you deal/dealt with it and what realizations came from that darkness.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski

your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
know them.
take them.
you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvelous
the gods wait to delight
in you.

• Like 6

Welcome Back Mate!

Lately I have this recurring sense arise spontaneously of having just returned home when I haven't gone anywhere... and when traveling about there is the feeling of never having left...  There is a familiarity to all places... even the strange ones and no matter where I go, there I am again.

Such familiarity and comfort arising everywhere and tied to nowhere.

The center is everywhere.

Good to see you back old friend... it's like you never left.  ;)

Edited by silent thunder
added a phrase
  • Like 7

Where's ya bin ?

Spoiler

Guy is sitting on his fence, early morning. Garbage truck comes along and  the runner goes up to him;

" Where's ya bin mate ?'

" Oooooh   ..... ummmm  .....     been 'away.'  "

" Naaah!   Where is ya wheelie bin ? "

" Oh, all right then , I weally  bin in jail  ...  I  twied to do a wobbewy . "

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flolfolil said:

Hardly made it back!

It's nice to be back :) 

Living in a world of bodily pleasures/fears, discovering the method by which one would transform into an animal, which happened to cure all of the knee pains I previously had.  Discovered it was too stressful to go completely in that direction, my body now naturally preferring sensory withdrawal to experience.  I have begun to teach the walking/movement method on youtube but the cosmic joke is that I think it's preventing me from developing higher brain functions even if it does improve my senses and grow fur all over my body.  Discontinuing practice and beginning yogic practices aimed at cutting off the senses, I immediately feel more at peace mentally.  I return to daobums hoping to get some qigong advice, since it's my 24/7 life experience now, to the point I'm finding it hard to sleep and turn off inner ecstasy.

Peace brother, good luck on your journey. :)

Da' Bums will always be here to help if possible. :)

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flolfolil said:

Hardly made it back!

It's nice to be back :) 

Living in a world of bodily pleasures/fears, discovering the method by which one would transform into an animal, which happened to cure all of the knee pains I previously had.  Discovered it was too stressful to go completely in that direction, my body now naturally preferring sensory withdrawal to experience.  I have begun to teach the walking/movement method on youtube but the cosmic joke is that I think it's preventing me from developing higher brain functions even if it does improve my senses and grow fur all over my body.  Discontinuing practice and beginning yogic practices aimed at cutting off the senses, I immediately feel more at peace mentally.  I return to daobums hoping to get some qigong advice, since it's my 24/7 life experience now, to the point I'm finding it hard to sleep and turn off inner ecstasy.

I have deep empathy for you mate.

Before working with Wang Li Ping, I had become accustomed to occasional discomfort and on some rare occasions, outright pain in my meditations, (either physical or mental/emotional).  What I did not anticipate was the experience and effect of extreme ecstacy.  This I found more distracting and not as easily assimliated into meditation and life as discomfort.  It made even simple tasks very challenging if nigh on not possible... I hold space for you mate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Flolfolil said:

… and grow fur all over my body.

Maybe it's those Neanderthal genes becoming dominant?

• Like 1

As someone who has been through this a few times, welcome back. How we integrate our spiritual experiences into our daily lives is a purely individual endeavour. Once we are 'back in the saddle' and can reflect and take stock of our experiences, our lives can take on a whole new meaning.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this