Lightseeker

No Touch Knock Out and Human Stun Gun

George Dilaman a 10th Dan Jiu Jitsu black belt, has supposedly mastered a technique called the no touch knockout. I watched a few videos on it, one made by him and one by his student. The whole thing looks like total BS, however I feel it could be plausible in the hands of a real master. Any thoughts on this? Here are the videos:

9 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

No, I'm not going to call that phony.

And for sure I wouldn't want to piss him off.

Did you watch the videos?

A master playing with his students and their energy is very much not the same thing as the veritable killing maneuver of attacking the opponent's heart energy ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Half of the first one and two-thirds of the second one.

It did look more realistic than most I have seen regarding "magical" powers.

And the paramedics and news lady gives it more credence.

1 hour ago, joeblast said:

A master playing with his students and their energy is very much not the same thing as the veritable killing maneuver of attacking the opponent's heart energy ;)

Exactly.  And he seemed to always ready to revive any of the students if they went into overload.

11 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Exactly.  And he seemed to always ready to revive any of the students if they went into overload.

Chock out this post 

Yeah, I know.  But then, all I said initially is that I'm not going to call it phony.

Just because one person says it can't be done doesn't mean that it can't be done.  At best allit means is that the person who said it can't do it.

I am normally very skeptical.  You know, I'm the show and tell guy.

But I didn't see anything to cause me to call it out as phony.  But this is not the same as saying it is 100% genuine.

Ha ha  HAAAR

only works on 40% of people    (  people present that is  .... 40% of people present are his students  )

:lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Marblehead said:

No, I'm not going to call that phony.

And for sure I wouldn't want to piss him off.

Well, it works if you can actually make contact .   

It doesnt work with no contact   (unless you are a student    ;)  )

10 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

George Dilaman a 10th Dan Jiu Jitsu black belt, has supposedly mastered a technique called the no touch knockout. I watched a few videos on it, one made by him and one by his student. The whole thing looks like total BS, however I feel it could be plausible in the hands of a real master. Any thoughts on this? Here are the videos:

Look , Dillman is a delusional  money Making   martial arts nut from USA .

'Death touch' ( actually,  strikes)  can disable you .   'No touch' techniques are pure BS .  That film, I think, showes how stupid Dillman got.   When it was shown he couldnt do it and he blamed it on the 'big toe trick' he lost all remaining face in the intelligent martial arts community.

originally it all came from Hohan Soken , the senior teacher in my tradition  *

And it was never  ]pressure points'   it is  'weak points' ... there are many 'weak points' and 'weak movements' in and of the body that are not 'pressure points' .

As much as Dillman is a 'dill'  he did show some honesty in this interview.

* Mr Soken has now passed on , of course. One of his few remaining accredited  students  ; Ted Lange  taught it here.  I will actually be going to Sydney soon and catching up with Ted,  he still trains !

" Among his students were Seiki Arakaki, Kohana Nakazato, Inoue, Masaya Kyan, Nishihira Kosei, Yuichi Kuda, Fusei Kise, Takaya Yabiku,[1] James H. Coffman, and Ted Lange  "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohan_Sōken

(Even so, it may not work on some; they might be tough, have a different structure , you might slightly miss the point, often it works better on 'students' that have weak and sensitive 'points'  from being 'demonstrated' on  ( I do ! ) .

Mr Nishihira had a fav point on the wrist he could subdue people with .he tried to demonstrate on my teacher - nothing.  Again  ... nothing ....   again   ...nothing.  He dropped / threw the others hand away  in a frustrated  manner and exclaimed :   ' Gaijin ! '     :D

Edited by Nungali

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Half of the first one and two-thirds of the second one.

It did look more realistic than most I have seen regarding "magical" powers.

And the paramedics and news lady gives it more credence.

you mean the lady he had to slap upside the head  as his  'no touch'  was not working  ?

( She must have been  'jiggling her big toes '    :D  ) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Dillman was outed years ago as a fraud. 

Yep. Sad as he could have really got somewhere .   The 'Soken crew'  could have kept training him .... in reality . Also with the weapons, instead of just buying them off him .   I still got  Soke Sai 1,2 and 3 and Soken Karma 1, 2 and 3  'in my belt' .

Also he got the correct 'applications'  but, like  nearly all 'karate'  forgot or ignored them  ( ie.  "Why you blockie ?  No blockie ! " )

One must remember that Mr Soken went to Sth America taking the old form of 'Chinese Hand '  ( Kara - te  ... they later changed the kanji to 'empty hand' ) - specifically 'Okinawan White Crane '  with him. Karate went through great changes while he was away, including being introduced as a primary school physical education system ; you cant teach kids that stuff !  Also, it got  changed when taught to others, then got turned into a competition sport and all sorts of weird morphs happened to it.

Including US style marketing  and money making  !

As Mr Soken said  ' We make  some of you one maybe two dan.  We invite you back to learn more, but you dont you come. Now you are 5 or 6 dan? How did that happen " "

Dillman :   " Errrm ... ummmmm .....    aahhhh  ....  " 

George Dillman was legit originally. His books and videos were among the first ones on the topic (along with Erle Montaigue's material) that had any real practical value. I would still recommend them above most others.

It's too bad that he overstretched himself eventually and thus discredited the art of Kyusho-jitsu/Dim mak. There are a number of things that can go wrong in a public demonstration, which he and his people didn't factor in sufficiently in their eagerness to stun ( :D ) the audience.

15 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I happened to be at Tournament  that he gave a demo at many yrs ago.

I watched very closely considering all the press that has been written about him 

couple of thoughts:

1. All the striking that I saw at least one of them touches the neck.

2. He is 4th or 6th degree black belt in his system.  This means he's studied for many yrs

and should be able to Deliver What we call short or cold power.

3. He asked for volunteers from the audience,  nope didn't volunteer something I learned in the Army never to do.

I did watch closely, also its not a good idea to allow someone to knock one out, all kinds of bad things can happen.

Once knocked out depending on how its done makes one more susceptible  to getting knocked out in the future. 

The real question should be can he or any of those hes trained put this skill to use when needed out side of a demo environment.

I say this having practiced what is called burning hand,  similar to iron palm.   This from personal experience   

works as advertised in a free hand engagement.  Burning hand works at any point of contact.  What he demos is supposed to work by hitting different points in a timed manor that causes the CNS to shut down ie knocked out... not a good thing btw.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

'No touch' techniques are pure BS . 

"There is more in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophies"

-Shakespeare

Friendly playing with energy is not the same thing.

I did no-touch push hands with a buddy of mine.  Didnt touch him.  After a couple minutes of us trying to energetically aikido each other, I reversed one, reversed again, and made him take a step backwards.  He was laughing and said "you son of a bitch." 

Pure BS?  *chuckles*

• Like 2

You mean   he  'flinched'  ?  (  To make a quick, nervous movement of the face or body as an instinctive reaction to fear, pain or expectation ) 

Are you putting that up as a demonstration or example of some exotic power ?

Amused observation   or     evidence of a  'joeblast'    ?    :D  

We used to do 'non flinch' training in aikido; a senior would rush in screaming with a blow and stop the sword on your forehead or nose .  Its a pre requisite to 'not loosing one point ' .

Okay  I should have been more specific .   But I thought you would have known, within this topic, what I meant. 

I have caused people to  run away,  without touching them .

So  'no touch' techniques  are actually   ....   impure BS .  

That  better ?

Edited by Nungali

31 minutes ago, Nungali said:

That  better ?

Are you referring to all such techniques, methods, or just to what is mentioned in this thread.

Edited by windwalker

49 minutes ago, windwalker said:

Are you referring to all such techniques, methods, or just to what is mentioned in this thread.

In this thread   and in context of what we were talking about, the vids etc.

I do not think   in all circumstances   that  'no touch methods'    are BS .

Sheesh !    You guys ! 

I mean, I use 'no touch'  Nungers magick all the time  :

zn8d586w-1412260263.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q

21 hours ago, Nungali said:

You mean   he  'flinched'  ?  (  To make a quick, nervous movement of the face or body as an instinctive reaction to fear, pain or expectation ) 

Are you putting that up as a demonstration or example of some exotic power ?

Amused observation   or     evidence of a  'joeblast'    ?    :D  

We used to do 'non flinch' training in aikido; a senior would rush in screaming with a blow and stop the sword on your forehead or nose .  Its a pre requisite to 'not loosing one point ' .

Okay  I should have been more specific .   But I thought you would have known, within this topic, what I meant. 

I have caused people to  run away,  without touching them .

That  better ?

lol....no, he didnt flinch.  I'm far more experienced than he, but he's energy sensitive enough to....have unusual things happen, shall we say.  I had to push and pull and ground and press and all kinds of different energy manipulations to make that happen.  I had to get him to expect certain energy pushes, make them periodic enough for him to anticipate and counter with his energy, but not so periodic that it was obvious when the misdirection came. And before you assert it was merely his anticipation that did it - do you think mere suggestion was what set that up in the first place?  ;)  I could feel when he pushed his energy, he could feel when I pushed mine.  I had to put him off balance and 'unexpecting' 'much more power' before I was able to make him take a step back.

I'm not patting myself on my back for my joeblastey-ness, I'm just relating a personal anecdote that was most certainly not BS. 

Of course it was nothing useful for a fight.  But affect energies I did (its not *that* preposterous of a thing, really, anyone who can cover the basics should be able to do this;) and because of that, a well timed energy-push put him off balance enough that he actually needed to take a step back.  Palms facing the opponents', 3-12 inches apart, by and large 6 inches, and not moving (maybe a tiny bit, but pretty much....zero body movement this whole time, like if we had 2 balloons in between our palms and pushed against those.)  Pushey push, pulley pull.  Push with one hand, pull with the other.  Down with one hand, up with the other.  Both pulse forward, then down!  Little different than wrestling or chi sau or whatever sparring, except it was solely energy-intent.  Fun times, it was all just screwing around - but it was serious screwing around - nobody wants to lose a battle, even a playful one.  (Especially not competitive friends!)  I'm not claiming I have ridiculous gung that could be used on an unwilling opponent - rather, quite the opposite - that when energy interactions are with permission, things can happen in ways that most certainly cannot with an unwilling participant - much less one that's throwing punches and kicks.  It thus winds up becoming an entirely different attack, an entirely different maneuver altogether.  I had his permission to interact with his energy, even though I did not have permission to move him.  There was time enough, there was relative stillness enough, to provide the conditions for what manifested there.

Now that I think of it, it was a little more like energetic sumo, than energetic chisau :lol:  Gong shou dao is another physical analog.

Its not really all that different than one of TDB's top 10 favorite controversies Max sticking someone to a fence or a tree.  (I'd be much less inclined to believe that sort of thing - except I learned the stuff, practiced it, and.....dammit if he didnt stick me to a tree!)

Impure?  Well, now you're getting into subjective qualifiers :D

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1