Sign in to follow this  
Buddy

Baguazhang

Thanks for posting those. Watching

, the last one on your list, almost felt intrusive. Like watching someone who is deep in prayer.

I'm glad you liked them. I've posted my teachers elsewhere on the site. But I didn't want this to be about me.

Edited by Buddy

Very nice clips. I'm really impressed with Sun Zhi Jun. His footwork and body movement is incredible.

I don't know about the Zhang Zhaodong clip - to me his stepping seems a little heavy and his concentration a bit inconsistent. Maybe it's the long grass and uneven ground but his demo left me a bit cool. It's also possible that it's just my lack of knowledge of him or his style. Any comments? I'm here to learn.

Very nice clips. I'm really impressed with Sun Zhi Jun. His footwork and body movement is incredible.

I don't know about the Zhang Zhaodong clip - to me his stepping seems a little heavy and his concentration a bit inconsistent. Maybe it's the long grass and uneven ground but his demo left me a bit cool. It's also possible that it's just my lack of knowledge of him or his style. Any comments? I'm here to learn.

From my limited point of view Sun Zhi was superior. He was completely relaxed and flowing with his torso hanging.

Zhang Zhaodong was uneven not relaxed or dropped and his behind sticking out.

That guy was from the Zhang line, not Zhang himself (who is dead). Zhang was a Xingyi man before learning baguazhang so that might influence their stepping.

Thanks for posting those. Watching

, the last one on your list, almost felt intrusive. Like watching someone who is deep in prayer.

yes the last one was beautiful

but the consciousness in the hands on this one were truly amazing.(Zhang Zhaodong Baguazhang 8 Palms - Xiong Shounan)

Edited by rain

He is very impressive indeed.

Also check these

Note: if you click on the upper movie you will be linked to youtube and press on DPGDPG's name to enter he's channel ... a treasure :)

w9xl1cIQdk0

SB6KrXXlVN0

Edited by minkus

I am thinking of going back to study Kenny Gong's Shingyi and Bagua. I like that people can practice these systems into old age and get stronger even as they age and keep training.

I like that people can practice these systems into old age and get stronger even as they age and keep training.

The sign of a true martial art IMHO

Beautiful vids.I like the movement and apparent health of the practitioners.

I started Bagua a few months ago and unfortunately I am finding it extremely boring.

Sign in to follow this