Sign in to follow this  
Aletheia

Fake "Bob Dobbs"

Okay, well I want to listen to audiobooks and meditate tomorrow so I'll leave this comment here for now.

First order of the simulacrum is a good representation of reality/forms/ideas by something like the bible during the time of the invention of the print-press. So the bible can be copied by the press and what it represents is faithful to the original cause.

Second order of the simulacrum is essential machinic aura stealing of  representation i.e. a machine reproducing copies of the eiffel tower during the industrial revolution. McLuhan's extension of the body's muscles.

3rd order of the simulacrum is something like the photograph where machines produce images without representation to any given form.

4th stage full simulated society is unprincipled production of reality by the machine i.e, the TV whose images, signs and symbols bare no relation to Platonic objectivities -- Hyperreality overcoding and preceding all previous ideas about reality.

Edited by Aletheia

On 22/06/2018 at 10:58 AM, Aletheia said:

Okay just to be clear this is the guy who said I am too unintelligent for qigong -

• Like 1

On 22/06/2018 at 11:34 AM, Aletheia said:

Ken Wilber is making the claim that his spiritual system is the most grown up and evolved the world has known.

The analogy would be fat boys training more to become (very mediocre at best) athletes, so those extra hours in the sauna losing fat add up and according to Wilber's reckoning make his system best.

Aha !  So, finally we get to the crux of this  Fake "Bob Dobbs " issue

So there's real virtual reality of quantum biology, there's also the simulated paralleling of reality by the techno-virtual matrix and there's people going for it with Platonism still too i.e. the rational man of the sciences etc. lol.

Of course only one world is the real world and if you look around you now the world you think you're in and the things produced in your world are actually fabricated holographic shadowy aspects of the real real, 4 real!

23 hours ago, Starjumper said:

A lot of people can and do say the same.  However the ones who don't say it or even think about it are often faster.  What's the rush anyway?

Not a very wise thing to do for people who underestimate their enemies.

You say you don't believe in ego but you manifest it greatly.  To compete against strangers and bet your house on it is a supreme act of ego, and a great folly ... unless your house is worthless and you don't like it.

Hey  !      Leave his house outa this  !

:angry:

a2752b42mobile-home.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kar3n said:

Nope, no ego here...

How long will it take for the straw man's bindings to unravel?

Unravel ?    Nah  .... they are meant to find  a different  'loosening'  ... and its a sure way to eliminate an ego  :) 

File0012.jpg

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6noGO_I6PYD31-9pjjL8

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Aletheia said:

The ego creates interiors, like you are inside your head, and thinks in linear time. If you realise that linear time is an illusion then interiors and ideas about distance and place begin to break down too. So you have to first get out of thinking linear time is real time because it's most certainly not!

So we reach out into the future and retain what is past to make present the clearing of the now. Successive now points on a time-line, past/present/future, as a visual metaphor is pure abstraction, its not really how the concrete world actually is.

Amazing !

How did you ever get by before  Youtube  ?    :unsure:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Right, because...

Insight follows change, not the reverse.

Sorry, I dont understand that ...

could you please explain it further   ...

via a Youtube .

8 hours ago, Aletheia said:

Because it can only be realised in "first nature," in a pre-civilisation state of awareness before solar settlements, as cosmic embodiment prior to technological extensions mutating social formations like cancerous outgrowths upon earth.

Have you been using this ? :

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

So there's real virtual reality of quantum biology, there's also the simulated paralleling of reality by the techno-virtual matrix and there's people going for it with Platonism still too i.e. the rational man of the sciences etc. lol.

Of course only one world is the real world and if you look around you now the world you think you're in and the things produced in your world are actually fabricated holographic shadowy aspects of the real real, 4 real!

The complexity of the present time seems to demand a maturing of our essences if we are going to survive.

This quest never ends. It is in blossoming that we are awakened. It is time to take balance to the next level.

nature?74

Reality has always been beaming with seekers whose hopes are enveloped in passion. We are at a crossroads of sharing and suffering. Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the multiverse via psionic wave oscillations.

Delusion is born in the gap where power has been excluded. We can no longer afford to live with desire. Where there is pain, learning cannot thrive.

Eons from now, we dreamers will grow like never before as we are aligned by the solar system.

You may be ruled by discontinuity without realizing it. Do not let it confront the deeper meaning of your story. You must take a stand against pain. Suffering is the antithesis of grace.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Which thread is this that you are referring to?

It is called something with sillybearhappyhoneyeater, and discusses why Robert Coons sucks at meditation because he refuses to be pineal-centered and doesn't read Taoist Yoga. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

It is called something with sillybearhappyhoneyeater, and discusses why Robert Coons sucks at meditation because he refuses to be pineal-centered and doesn't read Taoist Yoga. 

I hear that the Book "Taoist Yoga" is infected with lots of Buddhist bullshit and a fundamentalist viewpoint.  Therefore I wouldn't really call it Taoist, but that's just me.

I keep reading the title of this thread on the index page as "Fake Boobs" ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

That could be a good title for a new thread in 'The Garden'.  

The Garden of Earthy Delights ... and how to say away from it.

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Blue jeans and white sweater.

I would stay away from the ones who look like guys.

Good eye there, that's the one I picked too, the one with the faded jeans and the stirrups, I mean suspenders.  Why? - More airspace between the legs up at the top, and more wiggle in the butt.  ... so all the guys go back to watch again ...  :ph34r:

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Which one do you pick?

Which move ?

The first one at very beginning  -   the extended  version of the wing tsun  'step out '  :)

Edited by Nungali

5 hours ago, Apech said:

yeah ... right !   Of course you do !

I  know what  you guys are up to ......    pretending to be all cute and cuddly ;  " Oh look at the cat ... look  what he is doing .... how cute ."

Cute ?   Yeah .... right ! 

image.png.07dc2cfad724b4e78949ae2a692f8466.png

bec.gif

That second one really is cute.  Trying to get the milk flowing.  The lady seems to be enjoying it.

9 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Typical South American ... I mean the one on the left.

?   They have  cuddly pussies  ?     :unsure:

Spoiler

d4426a60d096db9de822e2c29dfabc49--mollie

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/06/2018 at 1:58 AM, Aletheia said:

Okay just to be clear this is the guy who said I am too unintelligent for qigong -

Sorry but his xingyi is terrible. 

• Like 2

I'm no expert on xing yi, not even a beginner, but I've seen it demonstrated by a student of my teacher Tchoung Ta Tchen, and in it the stepping forward was much more forceful, there were many steps forward and each one was a powerful lunge forward.  In addition the hands made similar powerful forward lunges.  There is none of that in the video.  The xing yi I'm referring to has similarities to Tchoung's Yang style section seven, which is done at high speed.  In fact I didn't even recognize that the video was supposed to be of Xing yi.

This then possibly is an example of the important aspects of the internal arts being hidden and lost ... or maybe the guy is a beginner?

Edited by Starjumper

Sign in to follow this