wandelaar

PK abilities - real or imaginary?

Psychokinesis (from Greek ψυχή "mind" and κίνησις "movement"), or telekinesis (from τηλε- "far off" and κίνηση "movement" ), is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to influence a physical system without physical interaction.

A psychic is a person who claims to use extrasensory perception (ESP) to identify information hidden from the normal senses, particularly involving telepathy or clairvoyance, or who performs acts that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws.

Extrasensory perception or ESP, also called sixth sense or second sight, includes claimed reception of information not gained through the recognized physical senses, but sensed with the mind. The term was adopted by Duke University psychologist J. B. Rhine to denote psychic abilities such as intuition, telepathy, psychometry, clairaudience, and clairvoyance, and their trans-temporal operation as precognition or retrocognition.

I don't understand why there seems to be the need for some sort of compartmentalization when defining these terms. It's usually the mind that takes center stage: psychic ability/not gained through the recognized physical senses, but sensed with the mind.

@Ilovecoffee (how do you guys make those blue @username) that video seems to be showing qi projection?

To the OP:

Qi projection moving objects, etc. at a distance is real. I can tell you that clairvoyance is also real.

I don't understand the need to compartmentalize.

2 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

As noted on the package you have to scuff your feat around, even then if you read the 2 star reviews most people are only able to see such an effect in a dark room. 

I have one. You can see it perfectly in any room. It's an LED bulb, just like many others.

And you do not need to be scuffing feet WHILE using. Just beforehand a little. In some dry conditions, just walking across the room is enough to generate light in the LED.

That "John Chang" video is standard "street-performer" stuff.

- VonKrankenhaus

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

Psychokinesis (from Greek ψυχή "mind" and κίνησις "movement"), or telekinesis (from τηλε- "far off" and κίνηση "movement" ), is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to influence a physical system without physical interaction.

A psychic is a person who claims to use extrasensory perception (ESP) to identify information hidden from the normal senses, particularly involving telepathy or clairvoyance, or who performs acts that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws.

Extrasensory perception or ESP, also called sixth sense or second sight, includes claimed reception of information not gained through the recognized physical senses, but sensed with the mind. The term was adopted by Duke University psychologist J. B. Rhine to denote psychic abilities such as intuition, telepathy, psychometry, clairaudience, and clairvoyance, and their trans-temporal operation as precognition or retrocognition.

I don't understand why there seems to be the need for some sort of compartmentalization when defining these terms. It's usually the mind that takes center stage: psychic ability/not gained through the recognized physical senses, but sensed with the mind.

@Ilovecoffee (how do you guys make those blue @username) that video seems to be showing qi projection?

To the OP:

Qi projection moving objects, etc. at a distance is real. I can tell you that clairvoyance is also real.

I don't understand the need to compartmentalize.

"that video seems to be showing qi projection?"

This video is much better.  The researchers included: the head of the Mind Science Foundation, a Ph.D. in neuroscience, and a medical doctor. They stripped the subject to his shirt and underwear and used a metal detector to check his body for metal. They received an indoor demo, then went outside for a second demo. They assumed some device on the property was causing the effect, so they took the subject to a random location for a third demo.

Gregory V. Simpson, Ph.D. is a neuroscientist, formerly the Director of the Dynamic Neuroimaging Laboratory at UCSF, Co-Director, Dynamic Brain Activity Imaging Laboratory at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and a Senior Scientist at the Brain Plasticity Institute.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

On 5/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, vonkrankenhaus said:

I have one. You can see it perfectly in any room. It's an LED bulb, just like many others.

And you do not need to be scuffing feet WHILE using. Just beforehand a little. In some dry conditions, just walking across the room is enough to generate light in the LED.

That "John Chang" video is standard "street-performer" stuff.

- VonKrankenhaus

"I have one. You can see it perfectly in any room."

I bought one when you first started posting this nonsense. The reviews about it on amazon are correct. 

You must be in a very dark, dry room in order to see the light.

It was a dim, almost imperceptible light

Have to really rub your feet on a rug for a long time

Those are taken from the amazon page, it has 2 stars.  

"That "John Chang" video is standard "street-performer" stuff."

I disagree, street performers don't invite a team of scientists and medical doctors to investigate them. John also never charged any student, or patient anything. 

The head of the Mind Science Foundation, a Ph.D. in neuroscience, and a medical doctor. They stripped the subject to his shirt and underwear and used a metal detector to check his body for metal. They received an indoor demo, then went outside for a second demo. They assumed some device on the property was causing the effect, so they took the subject to a random location for a third demo.

Gregory V. Simpson, Ph.D. is a neuroscientist, formerly the Director of the Dynamic Neuroimaging Laboratory at UCSF, Co-Director, Dynamic Brain Activity Imaging Laboratory at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and a Senior Scientist at the Brain Plasticity Institute.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

1 minute ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I disagree, street performers don't invite a team of scientists and medical doctors to investigate them.

No. Filmmakers do that.

Then, they pay the street performer, once they sell the footage to a TV producer.

- VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, vonkrankenhaus said:

No. Filmmakers do that.

Then, they pay the street performer, once they sell the footage to a TV producer.

- VonKrankenhaus

John was the one that called Lawrence Blair to film him again.  He invited a team of scientists and medical doctors to investigate him.  If you don't like it too bad.

John was the one that called Lawrence Blair to film him again.  He invited a team of scientists and medical doctors to investigate him. 

Well, now we're just thinking about hearsay and speculation.

In reality, we do not know. We didn't see it.

But we can see the LED and the fake fire stunt in the complete video, and that's enough to know this is bogus.

Nobody with a degree or reputation can make the fake real, but most people can be conned by a pro.

-VonKrankenhaus

20 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

how do you guys make those blue @username)

@KuroShiro

After you type @ and the name of the person you wish to tag with no spaces, a drop down menu will appear; select the name from the drop down.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Well, now we're just thinking about hearsay and speculation.

In reality, we do not know. We didn't see it.

But we can see the LED and the fake fire stunt in the complete video, and that's enough to know this is bogus.

Nobody with a degree or reputation can make the fake real, but most people can be conned by a pro.

-VonKrankenhaus

"but it wasn't this that brought me back, He had tracked me down out of the blue and invited me to tell me a story, he had just returned from two years on a deep meditational journey alone in the heart of Borneo. Amongst his revelations he had seen he said how history was moving on into great change and the old wisdom was vanishing. So he had called me back to film just enough of him to remind us that we all have all have undreamed of powers sleeping within us and that there's nothing special about him except his training in waking them. "  -Lawrence Blair

"Nobody with a degree or reputation can make the fake real, but most people can be conned by a pro."

John never charged any student or patient anything. A team of medical doctors and scientists stripped him to his shirt and underwear and checked him with a metal detector to rule out metallic devices in his body.  They got a demo indoors, repeated it outdoors, and then took him to a random location they chose to rule out devices on his property.  They might have missed something and it was actually a hoax, but I believe they made their best effort to rule out fraud.  This is not something a street performer would go through with. 

http://www.originsofconsciousness.com/origins-of-consciousness/new-evidence-of-mind-over-matter2

In recently published experiments, conducted by the physicist Gabriel Guerrer Ph.D. at the University of São Paulo, the apparent mind over matter effect has been observed once again, and with similarly high statistical significance.

Just as observed previously by Radin and his colleagues, Guerrer also found that participants are able reduce the wave distribution of photons in a double-slit system, simply by directing their attention towards it.

According to Guerrer, this effect points to
"a not yet mapped form of interaction between a conscious agent and a physical system"

So the foundation of reality is NOT random.

And so again from music theory - time/frequency uncertainty is noncommutative phase with a geometric dimension of zero. This is non-local spin as the foundation of reality.

In quantum physics this "uncertainty" is the minimum statistical distribution - meaning it is the 50% level as 2pi or half a sphere. But the spin is noncommutative as in 2 places of the sphere at the same time.

We can hear this directly - without uncertainty - we can hear 10 times better than uncertainty.

We can hear at the sub-angstrom level - smaller than light.

Planck's Constant assumes a symmetric conversion of the noncommutative phase - because the seconds are "canceled out" into radians as wavelength in the Joules measurement.

Motivated by a series of reported experiments and their controversial results, the present work investigated if volunteers could causally affect an optical double-slit system by mental efforts alone. The participants' task in the experimental sessions alternated between intending an increase in the (real-time feedback-informed) amount of light diffracted through a specific single slit versus relaxing their intentional effort. In total, 240 sessions contributed by 171 volunteers were recorded. The first 160 sessions were collected in an exploratory mode, and those data revealed statistically significant differences between the intention and relax conditions. The analysis method and variables of interest derived from the exploratory sessions were then pre-registered for the subsequent 80 formal sessions. The formal experiments, based on a directional hypothesis, were not statistically significant. A post hoc meta-analysis based on a bi-directional hypothesis, and applied to the same data, resulted in a 2.75 sigma outcome ($p=6.02\times10^{-3}; \, es=0.31 \pm 0.22$ 95\% CI). Directional and bi-directional analyses applied to an equal number of control sessions, all conducted without observers present, resulted in uniformly non-significant outcomes. Analysis of environmental factors did not reveal any artifactual sources that might have produced the significant bi-directional effect. While the pre-registered analysis did not support the existence of the investigated phenomenon, the post hoc findings warrant further investigation to formally test the bi-directional hypothesis.

o.K. so this is based on noncommutative phase - meaning "bi-directional analysis."

But the response was analysed using two different variables, V1 and V2, which are defined in terms of  -the phases (i.e. the sideways shifts of the wave-like components) for two ranges of smaller wavelengths (intermediate between the lengthscale of the overall interference pattern, and the wavelength of the interference fringes).

43 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

Like the force of gravity in physics

50 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

As noted on the package you have to scuff your feat around, even then if you read the 2 star reviews most people are only able to see such an effect in a dark room. 

In John's demo he was standing still, not scuffing his feet, and the LED was lit brightly.

"And the fire stunt is done by dissolving yellow phosphorus into some carbon disulfide."

No such fire demonstration was present in either video I posted.

Well, here it is then ;   at 1:08

They always scrunch up the paper first  (otherwise the yellow phosphorus and  carbon disulfide  will fall out .   Not the hand shaking  with the 'effort'   :D      cheap stage magic .

7 minutes ago, ONE said:

Like the force of gravity in physics

What made you think gravity is NOT a physical reaction ?   :huh:

... or an 'alleged ability'  or has anything to do with a person  ?

So   ,  no , not like gravity at all.

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Well, here it is then ;   at 1:08

They always scrunch up the paper first  (otherwise the yellow phosphorus and  carbon disulfide  will fall out .   Not the hand shaking  with the 'effort'   :D      cheap stage magic .

Carbon disulfide mixed with phosphorus is a liquid. I always find it remarkable that those who think magick is real work the hardest to discredit something when good evidence is provided.  The newer video of John with the team of scientists and medical doctors is the best demonstration, not this one.

29 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

"but it wasn't this that brought me back, He had tracked me down out of the blue and invited me to tell me a story, he had just returned from two years on a deep meditational journey alone in the heart of Borneo. Amongst his revelations he had seen he said how history was moving on into great change and the old wisdom was vanishing. So he had called me back to film just enough of him to remind us that we all have all have undreamed of powers sleeping within us and that there's nothing special about him except his training in waking them. "  -Lawrence Blair

"Nobody with a degree or reputation can make the fake real, but most people can be conned by a pro."

John never charged any student or patient anything. A team of medical doctors and scientists stripped him to his shirt and underwear and checked him with a metal detector to rule out metallic devices in his body.  They got a demo indoors, repeated it outdoors, and then took him to a random location they chose to rule out devices on his property.  They might have missed something and it was actually a hoax, but I believe they made their best effort to rule out fraud.  This is not something a street performer would go through with.

Hearsay at best. But it's really just marketing.

The guy that made the movie wrote that.

- VonKrankenhaus

Here is a better one .... starts  at  1:49 ;  John tears a sheet of newspaper  ( why he cant set fire to a flat sheet is 'interesting'  :D

But then  ....   ooop ... cut ... edit     all of a sudden the newspaper is  scrunched up and on the ground      ,  why cut out such a significant part of it ? 

Those who have strong desires to believe in these things will not even notice the significance of that ... they will see this as evidence and proof .

The beliefs often drive the senses ... for some .

Carbon disulfide mixed with phosphorus is a liquid

Right.

Watch the video. The paper is a bit wet when he puts it down.

The solution needs to evaporate a little. Then the phosphorus ignites.

- VonKrankenhaus

Just now, vonkrankenhaus said:

Hearsay at best. But it's really just marketing.

The guy that made the movie wrote that.

- VonKrankenhaus

"Andreas had the idea of bringing Lawrence Blair* into the project,

as a filmmaker who had already witnessed what our Master could

do, and because Ring of Fire had been our introduction to John in

the first place. It was a good idea. The next morning I boarded a

plane for Bali and began looking for Blair.

I brought the two men together that week, with the intent of
having Lawrence do a second documentary employing the existing
footage he had from Ring of Fire. Apparently that meeting went very
well because John reached an unexpected decision: Dr. Blair was given
permission to shoot a new documentary on John, with Henky’s assis-
tance."

-Kostas Dervenis aka Kostas Danaos TMOJ p150

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Carbon disulfide mixed with phosphorus is a liquid. I always find it remarkable that those who think magick is real work the hardest to discredit something when good evidence is provided.  The newer video of John with the team of scientists and medical doctors is the best demonstration, not this one.

So, what if it is a liquid ?   You put the liquid in a little plastic bag next to the other ingredients, when you scrunch the paper you turn it upside down and the liquid runs out into the other ingredients and ignites . The trick is supposed to be done so others do not see the liquid, of course. You got tricked .   Kindy style .

So now, the proposed experiment is more   in the back ground , obfuscated by more pie .       :D  

Its nearly like  some  people fear this proposed experiment . 

12 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Right.

Watch the video. The paper is a bit wet when he puts it down.

The solution needs to evaporate a little. Then the phosphorus ignites.

- VonKrankenhaus

A higher resolution video here. Frame by frame I see no wet spots.  

That however would be a more convincing demonstration if scientists and medical doctors were present to investigate and rule out fraud, like his most recent video.

On another forum I have been observing the antics where some 'astral projectors' have been asked to undergo a proving experiment .  :D     twist, duck, weave, offer other proofs, argue, move the goal posts,  etc  .... anything but try it  ! 

Human psychology has unending fascination for me  :)

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Try this then

from 2:07

8 minutes ago, Nungali said:

So, what if it is a liquid ?   You put the liquid in a little plastic bag next to the other ingredients, when you scrunch the paper you turn it upside down and the liquid runs out into the other ingredients and ignites . The trick is supposed to be done so others do not see the liquid, of course. You got tricked .   Kindy style .

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

On another forum I have been observing the antics where some 'astral projectors' have been asked to undergo a proving experiment .  :D     twist, duck, weave, offer other proofs, argue, move the goal posts,  etc  .... anything but try it  ! 

Human psychology has unending fascination for me  :)

This video is much better.  The researchers included: the head of the Mind Science Foundation, a Ph.D. in neuroscience, and a medical doctor. They stripped the subject to his shirt and underwear and used a metal detector to check his body for metal. They received an indoor demo, then went outside for a second demo. They assumed some device on the property was causing the effect, so they took the subject to a random location for a third demo.

5 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

That however would be a more convincing demonstration if scientists and medical doctors were present to investigate and rule out fraud, like his most recent video.

Frame by frame ?   :D    

The crucial bit is cut out !    tears paper ... then its scrunched on the ground ... how is that frame by frame ?  then it cuts to the people watching him ... then back to John doing his fake efforts .

What do you mean by  " frame by frame "  ?