Qi transmission Video

... hi everyone ...

interesting video. watch to the end.

enjoy.

Edited by jan1107

No. Send me the money, I'll go see this guy and see if he can:

a. move me in ANY way, or

b. cure my sciatica.

I'll double the cost to send me there to anyone who takes me up on the offer.

It won't happen because no one has the real faith that this sort of horseshit is real. But that's the whole deal here, isn't it?

... hi everyone ...

interesting video. watch to the end.

enjoy.

Hi - interesting video! Sorry I didn't watch it to the end, though. I stopped after at about 3:35 into it - here's why.

The Taiji master moved the first lady around just by directing his Qi at her, causing her to move right and left, in response to his 'directions'. Then (at 3:35 min into the video) the Taiji master moved on to the second lady and started moving her around with his Qi.

The only problem was, the first lady forgot to stop moving after she was obviously no longer being directed or moved by his Qi.

Edited by hfd

Hi - interesting video! Sorry I didn't watch it to the end, though. I stopped after at about 3:35 into it - here's why.

The Taiji master moved the first lady around just by directing his Qi at her, causing her to move right and left, in response to his 'directions'. Then (at 3:35 min into the video) the Taiji master moved on to the second lady and started moving her around with his Qi.

The only problem was, the first lady forgot to stop moving after she was obviously no longer being directed or moved by his Qi.

Once a person is energized in the above manner they can continue moving for a while without any additional input. I've seen someone do the chi dance simply from having a master shine his hands on their back for a few seconds.

It happens, however it seems to happen mostly between teachers and students and sometimes doesn't work so well with strangers. This has been shown several times on you tube videos

Once a person is energized in the above manner they can continue moving for a while without any additional input. I've seen someone do the chi dance simply from having a master shine his hands on their back for a few seconds.

It happens, however it seems to happen mostly between teachers and students and sometimes doesn't work so well with strangers. This has been shown several times on you tube videos

Yes, its so funny when people say "haha! bogus! that guy would never be able to move ME like that", and think that it is bogus just because he cant move everyone like that.

Student-teacher relationships are very strong. But some teachers fool both themselves and other in believeing they have superpowers and can move everyone like they do with their students. These things have nothing to do with superpowers, only student-teacher relationships. It is the same in chistian communities when people start to shake and see god because of the preachers blessing.

Its because the students are totally open to the teacher and he can do whatever he wants with them. Nothing to do with superpowers, god or anything unless the teacher really knows what he is doing.

Yes, its so funny when people say "haha! bogus! that guy would never be able to move ME like that", and think that it is bogus just because he cant move everyone like that.

Student-teacher relationships are very strong. But some teachers fool both themselves and other in believeing they have superpowers and can move everyone like they do with their students. These things have nothing to do with superpowers, only student-teacher relationships. It is the same in chistian communities when people start to shake and see god because of the preachers blessing.

Its because the students are totally open to the teacher and he can do whatever he wants with them. Nothing to do with superpowers, god or anything unless the teacher really knows what he is doing.

you are so right. thanks!

i experienced that kind of stuff but i could have stopped any moment. no being controlled. just a pleasant feeling for me to follow the energy i felt. i strongly doubt the guy who did it could do it to anyone resisting.

but that was not the point of it. it is pleasant. good feeling. makes you happy. that is it. at least for me. no guru. maybe there are masters who can do it but i am not interesting in learning it. i would always rely on martial arts. good training. good grappling skills. good muay thai skills. hard training. and always stay open to learn new things. dont close yourselve up. life is a miracle. maybe tomorrow i will talk different. who am i to know anything?

if you want to control people buy a gun. or practice martial arts for many years (cheaper buying a gun).

i want to express that even i think the guy is in my opinion overacting it in the video i respect those things. the reaction of the people are not acted. it is so easy to make things bad. i am thankful (even if i dont agree with many things) that compared to 20 years ago now we are able to actually CHOOSE from different things like that to see. maybe 20 years ago even a "bad" video would have been a sensation to many people.

we shouldnt forget to respect other ways. i imagine those people i judge fast about to stand in front of me. what would i say to them right in the face?

good thing to think about.

love and peace.

jan.

No. Send me the money, I'll go see this guy and see if he can:

a. move me in ANY way, or

b. cure my sciatica.

I'll double the cost to send me there to anyone who takes me up on the offer.

It won't happen because no one has the real faith that this sort of horseshit is real. But that's the whole deal here, isn't it?

Buddy, this stuff will never work on you precisely because you have such a solid mental block against it. I still wonder why you are even on this forum whenever I see your posts.

Joe,

And yet when I had chemo for cancer, it worked whether I believed in it or not. The same goes for calamine lotion if I get poison ivy. France exists even if I don't believe in it. If my belief in something in required for its existence...

And yet when I had chemo for cancer, it worked whether I believed in it or not.

And yet it has been shown that your attitude CAN make a huge difference in cancer treatment. So who's to say that your belief that chemo would work didn't have an impact.

Darren Brown can do some interesting things with his Qi also. He was able to make a person unable to walk without touching them among many other amazing feats....Oh, wait, that's right, he only uses psychology and mentalism, not qi....

Edited by Taoist81

"So who's to say that your belief that chemo would work didn't have an impact."

Because I didn't have any belief in it either way. I was under an eminent threat of death, and had no indication that the chemo WOULD work. It doesn't always.

Joe,

And yet when I had chemo for cancer, it worked whether I believed in it or not. The same goes for calamine lotion if I get poison ivy. France exists even if I don't believe in it. If my belief in something in required for its existence...

It seems unlikely to me that you would undergo chemo or use a lotion if you did not believe it would work. Otherwise why subject yourself to such things. So you already have a belief at some level in the effectiveness of the treatment.

You could probably cure poison ivy with just about anything iincluding just your thoughts if you believed.

This line is pointless. Belief isn't necessary for calamine lotion to work. Certainly I hoped the chemo would work, but I had no particular faith in it. What you find unlikely about something you know nothing about is meaningless.

The point is joe thinks that this dancing silliness wouldn't work on me because I don't believe in it. What would you say to creationists who "believe" the world is 6000 years old?

And yet it has been shown that your attitude CAN make a huge difference in cancer treatment. So who's to say that your belief that chemo would work didn't have an impact.

Studies are starting to back up the idea that stress (mind-created) has a negative physiological impact. I believe (yes believe) that my body is smarter than my mind is when it comes to healing itself, so if I can just get my mind out of the way, then my body can do it's thing and better healing results occur.

In other words, it isn't the "belief in X" that does the healing, it's because "I believe I will not be healed" is not present causing real stress that could physiologically get in the way of the body doing it's natural healing thing.

Put even more simply, a "belief in X" reduces physiological stress, body has a better chance to heal.

Truly letting go of the outcome, or having no expectations either way, has the same affect of reducing physiological stress. But that's a different subject and even farther off topic.

You could probably cure poison ivy with just about anything iincluding just your thoughts if you believed.

When I was at Vipassana retreat, one of the blanket I used to sleep on had poison ivy on it, so by the end of the second day I was covered in poison ivy blisters. I didn't take any medicine- just meditation 11 hours a day observing the sensations in the body. By the end of day 7, all the symptoms of P.I. were gone.

Sure, it was an interesting experience... :)

Guest winpro07
:mellow: Edited by winpro07

When I was at Vipassana retreat, one of the blanket I used to sleep on had poison ivy on it, so by the end of the second day I was covered in poison ivy blisters. I didn't take any medicine- just meditation 11 hours a day observing the sensations in the body. By the end of day 7, all the symptoms of P.I. were gone.

Sure, it was an interesting experience... :)

Damn, Max. Thats hardcore. :blink:

This line is pointless. Belief isn't necessary for calamine lotion to work. Certainly I hoped the chemo would work, but I had no particular faith in it. What you find unlikely about something you know nothing about is meaningless.

The point is joe thinks that this dancing silliness wouldn't work on me because I don't believe in it. What would you say to creationists who "believe" the world is 6000 years old?

While calamine certainly has active ingredients, I maintain that you could decrease or eliminate its effectiveness by believing it would not work, just as you could achieve the same effectiveness with a placebo or with just your thoughts based on belief. I have cured or accelerated the cure of numerous minor injuries to myself by belief. Suggested reading: "Instant Healing" by Serge Kahili King (psychologist and Kahuna)

To the creationists I would say "Go for it dudes!". It matters not to me if someone believes in video transmission or the age of the Earth being X number of years. We all filter everything through our senses and bias what we receive to fit our beliefs anyway. For all I know they might be right.

Patanjali said there are 3 types of logic. One of the faulty ones is kutarka - reasoning oriented toward the negative: thinking in terms of no, denying, doubting, nihilistic. A person doing this will look to the sun only to see sunspots or to the rose and be able to tell you how many thorns but not see the flower. It looks like reasoning but it is dark. :)

Richard

Richard

It seems unlikely to me that you would undergo chemo or use a lotion if you did not believe it would work.

Bingo!

While calamine certainly has active ingredients, I maintain that you could decrease or eliminate its effectiveness by believing it would not work, just as you could achieve the same effectiveness with a placebo or with just your thoughts based on belief.

Right on! (oops - now my age is showing)

Edited by VeeCee

I am not arguing that there is no benefit to a positive mind in healing. VC, I'm sorry that line of reasoning is wrong and it's pointless for anyone to tell me what is or was in my mind. The point is NOT whether or not poison ivy or cancer medicines work, the point is they work regardless of belief.

The point is something should work regardless of belief, if it is real. And the stuff in the video simply isn't. Now if you want to suspend your logic and buy into this nonsense, it's on you. For me? If I get into a car accident, please send me to the emergency room, not some dancing guy in silk pajamas.

Richard- Quoting Rajneesh? Now that's a credible source.

Edited by Buddy