wandelaar

Yin and yang and philosophical Taoism

Polarities are everywhere, that seems to be the idea. And as an antidote to the use of too simplistic static representations of reality it might well be a good idea. But what I don't understand yet is the categorizing of almost everything as either yin or yang. Isn't that too schematic itself? What is the use of this big categorization of yin and yang things compared to just keeping an open eye on polarities (and their dynamics).

18 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Polarities are everywhere, that seems to be the idea. And as an antidote to the use of too simplistic static representations of reality it might well be a good idea. But what I don't understand yet is the categorizing of almost everything as either yin or yang. Isn't that too schematic itself? What is the use of this big categorization of yin and yang things compared to just keeping an open eye on polarities (and their dynamics).

Agreed... it is being stuck in duality of explanations.  Even keeping an eye on polarity misses the point of non-duality, as the source.

If you keep your eye on duality... then yin and yang are a simple representation.. but as long as you keep your eye on polarity, you are still stuck with calling it as you see it.

I shared else where:  See it as a singular spectrum of two opposing poles along a singular line.... left hand and right hand...  one body...   

NOT TWO.  returns to ?   ONE

NOT ONE.  returns to ?

16 minutes ago, dawei said:

But what I don't understand yet is the categorizing of almost everything as either yin or yang. Isn't that too schematic itself? What is the use of this big categorization of yin and yang things compared to just keeping an open eye on polarities (and their dynamics).

YinYang is study of the interactions of polarities.

Yin and Yang categorizations classify the polarities.

All polarities are complimentary and also antagonistic.

This is not "dividing things in two". It is seeing the Dynamic Polarities in Oneness.

It is recognizing the Polarity in and of all things.

Qi is the Movement between relative potentials of YinYang at any given point on any spectrum of matter or energy.

So - Change.

Qi is not a substance. Yin and Yang are not substances.

And Wu Xing (5 phases) is also - not about the transformation of material substances, and not about metaphysical ideas, and not a description of "forces".

- VonKrankenhaus

4 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

YinYang is study of the interactions of polarities.

Yin and Yang categorizations classify the polarities.

All polarities are complimentary and also antagonistic.

This is not "dividing things in two". It is seeing the Dynamic Polarities in Oneness.

It is recognizing the Polarity in and of all things.

Qi is the Movement between relative potentials of YinYang at any given point on any spectrum of matter or energy.

So - Change.

Qi is not a substance. Yin and Yang are not substances.

And Wu Xing (5 phases) is also - not about the transformation of material substances, and not about metaphysical ideas, and not a description of "forces".

- VonKrankenhaus

somehow you quoted me but the quote is not from me... 

I think in general, I agree with you. 

• Like 1

I think Yin and Yang is about balance.. and putting things in their right places..

When you put something in its wrong place there is friction from going against the grain..

So true balance is afforded as a place holder..

13 minutes ago, Boundlesscostfairy said:

I think Yin and Yang is about When you put something in friction going against the true balance

Rising and Falling 

Stars and Suns and Moons

Giving birth 2 Endless death

Edited by 9th

On 4/20/2018 at 3:20 PM, wandelaar said:

Still not getting it. At the heart of it lies the opposite. But what does that mean? 

I'm so anti fundamentalist that I'm fundamentalist about it.

• Like 3