Starjumper

What's going on here?

This is a series of screen shots that I got off of a video of a computer simulation.  As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and here we have eight pictures.  I'll post the video that explains what this is, but first what I'm looking for is some poetic or wild explanation of what kind of energetic process will result in a pattern like this.  So here we're looking for the thousand words that the pictures are representing, and by doing so we might stumble upon a secret of the universe.

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

ss4.png

ss5.png

ss6.png

ss7.png

ss8.png

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

Im going to guess ,to play along ,, earths magnetic field ,,, BUT ! recognize that I agree words are often required to provide a basis for the subtleties that one can see in images. 

• Like 1

Thanks, those two actually are good suggestions and could reveal something of what's going on there.  I'll spill the beans now about what it is.  This is a computer 3D picture of our and our neighboring galactic superclusters, so the distances between them are many trillions of miles.  The interesting thing is that in spite of the enormous distances they seem to have been interacting with each other for a long time.  The animation of the parts shown above is between 3:10 and 3:30

This is a more detailed description with additional visuals,

• Like 6

When I watch the first video I can't help but thinking about fractals (like Mandelbrot)

In fact I was contemplating yesterday evening that if the universe is just a collection of energy vibrations in space-time following a quantum equation. It would mean everything is happening at the same time (in terms of consciousness).

It would also mean that the time dimension we perceive as clock time would just be the measure of of causality that is the result of the solving (and direction) of the (mathematical) quantum functions and its collapse of (unmanifested) potential into causal time-space reality.

There is some more to this; but I leave it at this for the time being -clock time I mean :D

8 hours ago, Starjumper said:

This is a series of screen shots that I got off of a video of a computer simulation.  As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and here we have eight pictures.  I'll post the video that explains what this is, but first what I'm looking for is some poetic or wild explanation of what kind of energetic process will result in a pattern like this.  So here we're looking for the thousand words that the pictures are representing, and by doing so we might stumble upon a secret of the universe.

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

ss4.png

ss5.png

ss6.png

ss7.png

ss8.png

Its my bedsheets ... after that redhead stayed over last weekend 

^_^

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Thanks, those two actually are good suggestions and could reveal something of what's going on there.  I'll spill the beans now about what it is.  This is a computer 3D picture of our and our neighboring galactic superclusters, so the distances between them are many trillions of miles.  The interesting thing is that in spite of the enormous distances they seem to have been interacting with each other for a long time.  The animation of the parts shown above is between 3:10 and 3:30

This is a more detailed description with additional visuals,

Wow !    That second one   really  looks like my bed sheet !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Awesome!

I just wish people were more aware of the cosmos that surrounds them - they would be agonizing far less over trifles.

Spoiler

agony.jpg

"Arrrrggggh  !  There is no  sponge cake in it !  "

recipe-image-legacy-id--98468_11.jpg?ito

• Like 3

Ok, revisiting this topic.  From looking at the two superclusters it appears that they are definitely interacting with each other.  Do the other superclusters of galaxies have a partner that they interact with, I'm guessing probably not.

What I was looking for is some kind of explanation of what is causing these particular forms.  To be more specific, it looks kind of like the darker central parts of the clusters are projecting, giving off, or emitting all these galaxies in different directions, but primarily away from the neighboring supercluster, later there are smaller groups of galaxies being emitted in the direction of the partner supercluster, but these come mainly from the thick 'arms' that extend outwards, these arms forming a sort of core.

Then, it looks like all the galaxies that are being emitted in the direction of 'outwards' from the pair of superclusters are being turned around and attracted by the opposite supercluster.  So it's kind of like these two forms started sprouting kind of parallel to each other and then started curving towards each other.

It looks like that ...

BUT

that isn't what's happening.  Actually the reverse is happening.  The galaxies are being pushed away from their neighbor supercluster and are then being pulled back into the thicker central part of each supercluster.  It appears that there must be something repelling the two different sides away from each other, as if there was some kind of repulsive force that exists as a thin sheet between the two superclusters.  Later a different force takes over and begins to attract all the galaxies to either side.  There is a great attractor already designated in the videos, but what about a great repeller?

Well, lo and behold, if we look for 'great repeller' on Utube we come to an explanation of some of the physics involved in the supercluster movement, called the Dipole Repeller.  It also points out the location of a greater attractor called the Shapeley attractor, which is not the Great Attractor in the Laniakea supercluster.  So what's going on here?  The previous comments shed some light on the situation, but needs more detail.

Towards the end of the video you can see what looks like a smaller repeller between our two superclusters.  So there appear to be a couple of repeller regions and more than two attractor regions.

I think if someone can come up with an explanation for this they could get a Nobel prize in astrophysics.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1