Taomeow

Recommended: animated short film on the current state of tao in the human world

Too many lies masquerading as the word of science.  Lies, man.  Not facts.

Been just reading up on Prince Kropotkin, a member of a prominent and wealthy aristocratic Russian family turned scientist, philosopher, and anarchist.  His anarchism, formulated in a series of brilliant publications that formed the backbone of the most serious explorations of this philosophy ever undertaken, was the outcome of his scientific work  (which, among other things, pioneered the understanding of the Ice Ages in the history of our planet).   In 1864 Kropotkin accepted a position in a geographical survey expedition, crossing North Manchuria from Transbaikalia to the Amur, and another expedition up the Sungari River into the heart of Manchuria.  The outcome was a series of scientific conclusions that, curiously enough, were the direct opposite of what Charles Darwin presented as the crowning fruit of his own travels. 

To wit, Kropotkin discovered that cooperation, rather than competition, and survival of the mutually helpful rather than "of the fittest," has been the central driving engine behind the species' survival history, including human history throughout its existence and up until very recent "civilized" times.  Needless to say that Darwin's version of the "scientific basis" for exterminating the true human spirit is what prevailed as the accepted "scientific" model, and got embraced and promoted -- in fact, per sources I can uproot if time and inclination allow, commissioned.  Not because it's true (it's false), but because it serves the central purpose of the kind of society that has been shoved down our throats.   

And, no, it's still not candy.

• Like 3

Very thought provoking film, and so true of modern living. We are deep in Kali Yuga and implosion is imminent. The timing of we don't know, but it's on it's way. Our only refuge is spiritual cultivation, whatever form (s) we choose.

How sad humanity has become.

• Like 2

What's wrong with Darwinism ? Solidarity is among the selected factors that allowed us, as human groups, to survive.

Now social Darwinism... I'm much more reserved.

I'm all ears TM, and I don't need to agree with someone to have plenty of respect.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, lifeforce said:

Very thought provoking film, and so true of modern living. We are deep in Kali Yuga and implosion is imminent. The timing of we don't know, but it's on it's way. Our only refuge is spiritual cultivation, whatever form (s) we choose.

How sad humanity has become.

...and that's the way it is. If this world has to go with everyone and everything in it, so be it.

Just keep focusing on your practice and be a good person at the same time. Nothing/nobody will take this away from you.

As above so below ----> Wood age (element)which is the one currently ruling life/Qi here will gives rise to the next element: the Fire age ---> purification, annihilation. Life then will continue in another level.

adamburn_paradise_lost_revised_edition.j

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

As above so below ----> Wood age (element)which is the one currently ruling life/Qi here will gives rise to the next element: the Fire age ---> purification, annihilation. Life then will continue in another level.

In a normal balanced wuxing scenario, the Child phase does not annihilate the Mother phase that nourishes it.

We are not looking at the regular cycle here.  We are looking at a disease.  Metal attacking Wood, Fire consuming it (at a rate a Child ought to never consume his Mother if he knows what' good for him -- he depletes her, he runs out of nourishment, he dies).  Metal ought to be producing Water instead to nourish Wood, which then nourishes Fire safely, which then engenders a strong, healthy Earth.  We are looking at a disease instead.  Entangled qi, rebellious qi, depleted qi, you name it.  As above so below means there's no level untouched by this entanglement.  A "Wood" age is any age where there's life.  The Wood phase of qi is the phase of life in the universe. 

Metal and Fire continuously, relentlessly attacking Wood is another way to say "civilization."  It is not part of the natural cycle, and it is not sustainable precisely because it throws the whole wuxing cycle off kilter.  It can't work -- ever, in any shape or form -- because it operates as though the cycle is not real and can safely be canceled by continuous expansion and gobbling up resources at an ever-widening perimeter and at an ever-accelerating rate without replenishing what has been swallowed.  Yeah right.  As though the purpose of infinity is to cater to insatiable greed. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

The relentless advancement of technology is having a serious detrimental effect to the environment and humanity itself.

The smartphone is the opiate of choice nowadays, turning millions, possibly billions of people into zombies, unable to connect with each other in meaningful ways. The future is scary.

After 10 years of using smartphones, I'm getting off the grid. I am going back to a bog standard mobile phone, call and text only. My internet use will be maybe once a week on my home computer. 

• Like 2

Of course Taomeow. But what I outlined is the underlying concept to which humans are completely unaware of (only Taoists and other spiritual adepts who nourish Water and Fire in an harmonious way). 

LF, please watch the movie Her (2013) and you’ll see the in images what is already a fact.

Nothing like training and meditation in the forest while listening to birds, insects, trees and enjoying a wonderful puerh tea session afterwards. This is REAL LIFE. :)

Happy practice everyone! 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

On 12/13/2017 at 4:11 AM, lifeforce said:

The relentless advancement of technology is having a serious detrimental effect to the environment and humanity itself...

Reminds me of a couple quotes I've recently stumbled upon... 

“The evangelists of science and technology have succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of the missionaries of Christianity.”

-Rupert Sheldrake

"It was only when science convinced us that nature was dead that it could begin its autopsy in earnest." - James Hillman

Just downright creepy... 

Kleiner Junge mit Smartphone 06

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bax44 said:

I don't think It's science that's the problem.

Depends on the kind of science we're dealing with.  Science that has its self-serving head up its own self-satisfied ass is most definitely part of the problem.  

I vaguely remember a passage from a Richard Dawkings's book (I've read a few, with fascination of a scientist watching under a microscope a creature bizarre, life-like and intelligent in a way a nanobot is -- without being either really alive or really intelligent -- I the scientist, Dawkings under my microscope that is).  He tells the story of some rare astronomical phenomenon, don't remember what, a meteor shower or a comet, something of great intellectual stimulus to him.  It was taking place in the dead of the night.  He woke up his infant daughter, took her outside, and told her that even though she doesn't understand what it is he wants to show her, and cries and is cold and scared and wants to go back to sleep, he must insist that to expose her to this event is, on his part, love.  

This kind of love is the attitude behind all kinds of child abuse.  Insist that the child ought to be the passive recipient of whatever the adult feels like dishing out.  And that's how our science behaves.  We are taught infantile receptive passivity, and our institutionalized science is to be perceived as the ultimate big daddy (a stand-off for the slightly demoted father-in-heaven) who knows best what's good for us.  

No wonder there's so few independent, mature brains in modern adults.  In terms of human emotionality, they are babies, regardless of the intellectual development.  Our science, the stand-off for daddy who knows best, so just shut up and do as I tell you, is basically a form of child abuse that never stops, not at one year old, ten, forty, eighty.  An abused child will do anything to please the abuser.  That's what we're witnessing.  The Stockholm syndrome in global swing.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Depends on the kind of science we're dealing with.  Science that has its self-serving head up its own self-satisfied ass is most definitely part of the problem.  

I vaguely remember a passage from a Richard Dawkings's book (I've read a few, with fascination of a scientist watching under a microscope a creature bizarre, life-like and intelligent in a way a nanobot is -- without being either really alive or really intelligent -- I the scientist, Dawkings under my microscope that is).  He tells the story of some rare astronomical phenomenon, don't remember what, a meteor shower or a comet, something of great intellectual stimulus to him.  It was taking place in the dead of the night.  He woke up his infant daughter, took her outside, and told her that even though she doesn't understand what it is he wants to show her, and cries and is cold and scared and wants to go back to sleep, he must insist that to expose her to this event is, on his part, love.  

This kind of love is the attitude behind all kinds of child abuse.  Insist that the child ought to be the passive recipient of whatever the adult feels like dishing out.  And that's how our science behaves.  We are taught infantile receptive passivity, and our institutionalized science is to be perceived as the ultimate big daddy (a stand-off for the slightly demoted father-in-heaven) who knows best what's good for us.  

No wonder there's so few independent, mature brains in modern adults.  In terms of human emotionality, they are babies, regardless of the intellectual development.  Our science, the stand-off for daddy who knows best, so just shut up and do as I tell you, is basically a form of child abuse that never stops, not at one year old, ten, forty, eighty.  An abused child will do anything to please the abuser.  That's what we're witnessing.  The Stockholm syndrome in global swing.  

I agree for the most part. I should've said "objective science" without An agenda isn't the problem. The Buddha was a scientist in many respects. 

In regards to what you're saying, look at how many people latched into Elon musk and his simulation theory and now use it as their worldview. A very intelligent human to be sure, but something tells me that he and ones like him who come up with these things are exposed to narrow "reality tunnels"(i.e. Technology) then get into positions of influence and suddenly their worldview is "in". 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bax44 said:

I agree for the most part. I should've said "objective science" without An agenda isn't the problem. The Buddha was a scientist in many respects. 

In regards to what you're saying, look at how many people latched into Elon musk and his simulation theory and now use it as their worldview. A very intelligent human to be sure, but something tells me that he and ones like him who come up with these things are exposed to narrow "reality tunnels"(i.e. Technology) then get into positions of influence and suddenly their worldview is "in". 

My thought exactly regarding Elon Musk -- if he grew up among humans and animals and forests, free-roaming, learning from nature, from his senses, from his body exposed to love and the thrill of natural motion and the buzz of aliveness rather than idling behind his overstimulated brain and visual apparatus, it would never occur to him that we live in a computer simulation.  But he grew up among computers.  That's epigenetics for you.  In a sense, it is the scientific explanation for nurture (and especially lack thereof) trumping nature.  Raise a couple of generations in a completely artificial environment and they won't have a problem believing that they are artificial themselves.  And they won't be wrong.  

The problem with artificial environments is, they are complex in a meaningless way, all their complexities are something to "deal with" -- all the time, they don't gravitate toward natural harmony and balance, they gravitate wherever money and power push them.  Whereas the staggering complexity of natural environments (any one cell in the human body is more complex than all of our civilization by orders of magnitude) is a necessity, you can't make it more or less complex without damaging it.  But when functioning normally under normal circumstances, they require very little maintenance, clean after yourself and that's that.  Everything is in working order already, there's nothing to simulate in a pristine forest -- and no one is equipped to simulate it and never will be.  The complexity of the rainforest, which works until logging commences and then it no longer does, can't be created by a programmer who is less than nature herself.  But nature does not make such programmers.  And science as we know it can't make them, not "yet" but ever. 

That's not to say that a lot of people are not forced into a simulation.  This does not cancel reality though.  It only cancels its inhabitants.

• Like 2

Whatever fantasy one clings to knowing one is or isn't in a simulation is equally ones own choice in self-delusion. 

Whatever aspects of the Dao which are not seen as perfect are not imperfect aspects of the Dao, but rather imperfect aspects of recognition and appreciation of the true nature of the Dao. 

Each being can not perceive or appreciate the whole of the real Now for anyone else but themselves, and it's a full time 24-7 focus just to align ourselves alone with the Dao.  Whatever aspects of concern or complaint with how some other beings choose to appreciate the Dao is merely oneself demonstrating they equally have failed to appreciate the Dao. 

Yin and Yang are simply empty constructed labels to describe the same whole system alone which cannot be described, only appreciated or feared to the limits of a beings choice in mindfulness and creativity.

Unlimited Love, 

-Bud

• Like 1

cooperation, rather than competition

In the Ancient world it was a lot more common than in today’s ‘Me, Myself and I’ world, certainly:

5E964FE1-F19D-47AB-9D3B-E26982279F1C.jpeg.8643aa8340142b413953c89627315161.jpeg

Mt Zhongnan monks

7CE44013-63A7-48D3-8692-BACE004DC4C1.jpeg.075ec86a7897cace1fbfb07c1e58e101.jpeg

With Love, no selfish interest or personal motivations driven by greed; by Sharing with fellow humans and by Living a life fully and intimately connected to the natural environment:

How Bedouin survive in the desert without gear

http://abrahampath.org/blog/how-bedouins-survive-in-the-desert-without-gear/

An urban dweller wouldn’t survive a day in the Sinai. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4

Thanks for the topic. The video from the first post is sad but well shows all the demons of modern society. It's a pity, but the human world goes farther and farther from Dao.

• Like 1

How about:

New (Reptilian) World Order - Complete History of Reptilian Control

I was talking to a friend of mine (wood snake, bit of a mystic) yesterday about this very topic and she told me about the very interesting people she met in lake Baikal, who are basically a community of shamans. :) She particularly was very fond of a Mongolian lady who had clairvoyant vision. She was able to see through everybody like looking through a magnifying glass and she saw that some humans had that reptilian entity attached to them but not only that some were not exactly human like the rest!

Now or if you care to read the information provided in the link above and match it what the clairvoyant abilities of the Mongolian shaman then things make a lot more sense.

• Like 4