Sign in to follow this  
rene

This land is your land; This land is my land

19 hours ago, gendao said:

On 11/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, Marblehead said:

The Mexicans merged in with the local aboriginal populations.  The Americans destroyed both.  They called it "Manifest Destiny".  Yes, "their" manifest.

Do we really need to go through this.  

Shouldn't the aboriginals give the land back to those they took it from.

or the Mexicans.  Let history be your friend 

I'm done talking about it.  I might read your posts if you continue with it.  But PLEASE!, don't come on my property and tell me I have to give it back to the Indians.

On 11/7/2017 at 7:15 AM, windwalker said:

Do we really need to go through this.  

Shouldn't the aboriginals give the land back to those they took it from.

or the Mexicans.  Let history be your friend

LMFAO!  As usual, you can't make a concise, coherent rebuttal here...so instead resort to posting long, rambling videos AGAIN - with ZERO personal commentary of your own (which you lack).  All at full, nauseating levels of colonialist, apologist, revisionist propaganda >>> 1000000!  I can't even address all the ridiculous spins and omissions flooding forth in the first video, much less have time to watch the second.  Gimme a f'n break...

Back to reality here, now:

4.png

5.png

6.png

...Just 1 tiny snippet of what was conveniently whitewashed and omitted from your video. :rolleyes:

EuDdEXX.jpg

You also miss the larger picture which I've already framed before - where wildlife, and then aboriginal "whole brain/heart" peoples SUSTAINABLY living in harmony with Nature (DAOISM) were decimated/displaced/replaced by waves of increasingly "left-brained" and heartless colonialists all around the world.  Most extremely violently by such WIRED peoples, but some also (often) less forcefully by others too...

the word Ainu signifies something very different. It means “human.” And I’ve always imagined that long ago, the Ainu gave entirely natural replies to a visitor’s questions: Who are you and where am I? The answers: Ainu, “we are people”; and you are standing on “our homeland,” Mosir.

The Ainu call ethnic Japanese Wajin, a term that originated in China, or Shamo, meaning “colonizer.” Or, as one Ainu told a researcher: “people whom one cannot trust.”

“This is so not a uniquely Ainu story,” says Eddy, who traces some of her ancestry to the Wendat, an Indigenous group in northeastern North America. She thinks it’s important to remember all the violence that colonization entailed for Indigenous people. “Imagine one year where everything changes for you,” she says. “You have to move somewhere, you can’t speak your language, you can’t live with your family, you watch your sister raped in front of you, you watch your siblings die of starvation, you witness your animals slaughtered for fun.”

Ainu. Wendat. Similar plots and themes, but each unique in the telling.

In the late 1800s, the Japanese government formally colonized Hokkaido. And Okinawa. And Taiwan. And the Sakhalin and Kuril Islands. The Korean Peninsula, and eventually, by the 1930s, Manchuria. The Japanese went to war with Russia and won, the first time an Asian country beat back the incursions of a European power in living memory. On Hokkaido, the Japanese government pursued a policy of assimilation, hiring American consultants fresh from the drive to assimilate North American Indigenous people. The government forced the Ainu into Japanese-speaking schools, changed their names, took their land, and radically altered their economy. They pushed the Ainu into wage labor, notably in the commercial herring fishery after Japanese farmers discovered fish meal was the perfect fertilizer for rice paddies.

And now, the new colonialists are the transhumanists and we are all their new aboriginals (slated for obsolescence)...

Edited by gendao
  • Like 2

Because we don't have enough to argue about in the world today. We must import historical reasons too. :-)

RC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I'm done talking about it.  I might read your posts if you continue with it.  But PLEASE!, don't come on my property and tell me I have to give it back to the Indians.

There's no giving back anything to anybody without someone else having a bigger, earlier claim -- preceded by someone else's even earlier one.  The whole planet is stolen.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, gendao said:

I can't even address all the ridiculous spins and omissions flooding forth in the first video, much less have time to watch the second.  Gimme a f'n break...

Why, does some one owe you a break?  

You can't or won't address any of it, because it would tend to challenge your own world view.

"You also miss the larger picture which I've already framed before - where wildlife, and then aboriginal "whole brain/heart" peoples SUSTAINABLY living in harmony with Nature (DAOISM)"

Unless you lived it, or are living it in which case you probably would not be posting here if you were, 

what you just wrote makes no sense,,,   Care to share what makes you a "daoist " or feel that you know and understand it enough to compare it with what you wrote.

Not all cultures are equal start with that,

some never developed past a certain point.

Edited by windwalker

3 hours ago, windwalker said:

Why, does some one owe you a break?  

You can't or won't address any of it, because it would tend to challenge your own world view.

"You also miss the larger picture which I've already framed before - where wildlife, and then aboriginal "whole brain/heart" peoples SUSTAINABLY living in harmony with Nature (DAOISM)"

Unless you lived it, or are living it in which case you probably would not be posting here if you were, 

what you just wrote makes no sense,,,   Care to share what makes you a "daoist " or feel that you know and understand it enough to compare it with what you wrote.

Not all cultures are equal start with that,

some never developed past a certain point.

By what criteria are you proposing that all cultures are not equal? Please submit five cultures in your defense with one being the most equal to five being the least equal. Defend your position by comparing and contrasting all cultural elements from one-five by including relevant academic research which is not based on your personal opinion, but peer reviewed work. A place to start is from the research of cultural anthropologists.

I think that you will find your position untenable at best.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Hints, 1 when one culture kicks the others ass, 2 when the people Of the culture , leave it 

Done deal , proof is in the pudding , cultural anthropologists have an interest in promoting the cultures they study, as if they were as legit, as the ones they are not equal to.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Hints, 1 when one culture kicks the others ass, 2 when the people Of the culture , leave it 

Done deal , proof is in the pudding , cultural anthropologists have an interest in promoting the cultures they study, as if they were as legit, as the ones they are not equal to.

You still don't get it regarding my question that was asked of Windwalker. Your narrative posits no understanding of what Gendao or I was stating. You come off as a Social Darwinist.

Just now, ralis said:

You still don't get it regarding my question that was asked of Windwalker. Your narrative posits no understanding of what Gendao or I was stating. You come off as a Social Darwinist.

My hint was for Windwalker in case he was going to play the "give people the- futile assignments -game".

That's where you assign tasks and invalidate any progress by saying No,  blah blah blah .,  (its akin to a straw man argument) . 

Whats a Social Darwinist? I like Darwin , and I can be social at times , is that the same thing?

( this is called the 'dick around with you for labeling me game') 

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

My hint was for Windwalker in case he was going to play the "give people the- futile assignments -game".

That's where you assign tasks and invalidate any progress by saying No,  blah blah blah .,  (its akin to a straw man argument) . 

Whats a Social Darwinist? I like Darwin , and I can be social at times , is that the same thing?

( this is called the 'dick around with you for labeling me game') 

It would help if you quoted your responses to whomever.

1 hour ago, ralis said:

It would help if you quoted your responses to whomever.

I suppose , but it was written in a way that left that open to interpretation for anyone , so that if you were to decide not to 'buy into' the idea , I would have a handy recourse,, since it really shouldn't be a point to argue with. IMO.  The alternative is to say that the relative power of some groups, shown in the historical record , is that some people do not measure up , to others , which I think is more insulting , than to say that the culture did not advance as quickly for various reasons. ( Like availability of resources , trade -contact with heterogeneous groups ,  in some cases continual warfare ,and disease due to high population densities. )

Really,  its just far fairer to just go a head and call a stone age culture , a stone age culture , than it is to say peoples themselves, are inferior. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Really,  its just far fairer to just go a head and call a stone age culture , a stone age culture , than it is to say peoples themselves, are inferior. 

I think that's true.

Though we may have to shoot the people that attempt to leverage their stone-age culture over ours. I imagine despite that it may solely be cultural, they might take it personally. ;-)

RC

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this