Sign in to follow this  
Aletheia

When are the moon's forces strongest during its phases?

9 hours ago, Aletheia said:

Hilarious --

You've chosen to ignore content by 9th. Options

You've chosen to ignore content by Nungali. Options

You've chosen to ignore content by 小梦想. Options

You've chosen to ignore content by allinone. Options

You've chosen to ignore content by 小梦想. Options

4 hours ago, allinone said:

You broke my heart so easy ty. Pretty cheap experience.

Look at it this way, he put you on ignore four times so he must have taken you off ignore at least three times, so see he or she really loves you and needs to see what you write!

https://youtu.be/DI8JLuXP93U

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Look at it this way, he put you on ignore four times so he must have taken you off ignore at least three times, so see he or she really loves you and needs to see what you write!

No - it doesnt work like that.  That statement is what he sees when anyone he has ignored makes a post.  Instead of the post, all he would see is "you've chosen to ignore ______".  Its like a little message to remind you why you dont see what they have written.  It probably extends to quotes as well, so it might appear there again - who knows.. Ive never felt the need to use an ignore function on any website, ever.

Its incredibly pathetic.  Ive expressed this many times before in various places, but to reiterate - if you truly require a computer to "ignore stuff" for you... then you have a astoundingly weak mind.  Being able to ignore people, things, events etc. should be a natural function that you can already do with your own brain.  If you've lost this ability, then you've lost a hell of a lot more as well.  So - good luck with all that shit, kids.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 9th said:

Its incredibly pathetic.  Ive expressed this many times before in various places, but to reiterate - if you truly require a computer to "ignore stuff" for you... then you have a astoundingly weak mind.

Edited by Aletheia

Looks like you got... what are they calling it these days?

Triggered

8 hours ago, Aletheia said:

Edited 7 hours ago by Aletheia

Hehe..  its like that post never even happened!  

9 hours ago, 9th said:

No - it doesnt work like that.  That statement is what he sees when anyone he has ignored makes a post.  Instead of the post, all he would see is "you've chosen to ignore ______".  Its like a little message to remind you why you dont see what they have written.  It probably extends to quotes as well, so it might appear there again - who knows.. Ive never felt the need to use an ignore function on any website, ever.

Its incredibly pathetic.  Ive expressed this many times before in various places, but to reiterate - if you truly require a computer to "ignore stuff" for you... then you have a astoundingly weak mind.  Being able to ignore people, things, events etc. should be a natural function that you can already do with your own brain.  If you've lost this ability, then you've lost a hell of a lot more as well.  So - good luck with all that shit, kids.

OK, well I don't really care to read his mind and try to figure out what he really means, but I see now how what you are saying makes more sense,

Normally when I say I'm putting someone on ignore I do just that, with my brain, I don't really use the forum's feature but rather skip over their posts, because as you said, you can see what they say in quotes anyway; BUT sometimes I use the forum feature because it's simply convenient.  I can be flexible that way, and lazy too.  Like my teacher said, it's good to be lazy, you have to be smart to be lazy.  Lately it seems like there are so many angry, mean, emotionally twisted, egomaniac snowflakes messing up the forum that I put the whole forum on 'ignore', and I'm spending mucho less time on the internet.  I joined the forum for other reasons but sometimes it's just so fascinating to see what some of the nuts say, and the clever responses to them, don't you think?   I wonder if it's always like that here or if this is a special season of the crazies?

23 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Normally when I say I'm putting someone on ignore I do just that, with my brain, I don't really use the forum's feature but rather skip over their posts, because as you said, you can see what they say in quotes anyway; BUT sometimes I use the forum feature because it's simply convenient.  I can be flexible that way, and lazy too.  Like my teacher said, it's good to be lazy, you have to be smart to be lazy.  Lately it seems like there are so many angry, mean, emotionally twisted, egomaniac snowflakes messing up the forum that I put the whole forum on 'ignore', and I'm spending mucho less time on the internet.  I joined the forum for other reasons but sometimes it's just so fascinating to see what some of the nuts say, and the clever responses to them, don't you think?   I wonder if it's always like that here or if this is a special season of the crazies?

Im getting old I guess.  I was around before the internet, I was into computers way back then as well - so I was around as the whole thing unfolded and developed progressively.  I dont recall an "ignore" feature back in the days of AOL, although I bet it was probably available in some way.  I just got used to the "toxic" style of internet communications pretty early.  I was already bashing trolls before people had a name for them.  I know people usually dont like to hear this kind of "been there done that" thing, but yeh - I dont give a fuck.

I understand the usefulness of an ignore function - but I also enjoy giving voice to my opinionated asshole viewpoint.

Ultimately - at the end of the day - I still think everyone should do whatever the fuck they want to do.  Sure, there will be consequences - but thats already going to happen no matter what.  Go ahead and make your own choices, make your own decisions, suffer your own fate... that sort of thing.

• Like 4

Ya, me too I was around before computers and I used to raise hell on the old AOL forums, mainly teasing some of the idiots who paraded around on the AOL Buddhism boards.

One thing that was kind of neat is that I was in a Taoism subgroup and the software guys neglected to put a link to it in their main page so it ended up being a 'secret' group and the only people who could get in were the ones that were sent a link by a member.  This was a great forum and a couple of very advanced people were on there, one of whom appears to have been an immortal, and it was a gold mine of good information.

Later, after a couple of years, the link to that group was added to the main page and then anyone could join, and they did, and then it got trashy.  However back then people were way more civil and sane than what we see now.

Check what type of light moon emits. How big it is etc. And use cartoonish simplissity. We are not much more capable of apes so no need for to go complicated otherwise we may look retarded.

On 8/24/2017 at 8:30 PM, 9th said:

It probably extends to quotes as wel

I do not believe it does unless he has the person doing the quoting on ignore as well.

18 hours ago, Kar3n said:

I do not believe it does unless he has the person doing the quoting on ignore as well.

Exactly, that is what I meant.  It would make sense from a technical perspective, but then again websites are still made by people... (for now at least...)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this