Brian

Eclipse

2 minutes ago, rainbowvein said:

I officially predict that NYC cannot survive two minutes of totality.  It'll be like Ghostbusters all over again.

• Like 1

Just now, Brian said:

I officially predict that NYC cannot survive two minutes of totality.  It'll be like Ghostbusters all over again.

Luckily, it is before the morning rush hour.

• Like 1

well, living in Europe, I missed it all.

But remember a partial eclipse, some 15,20 years ago. I was camping and because of schoolholidays there were quite a lot of people around. The weather had been nice and sunny for days, so everybody was waiting for the moment. With glasses etc.

then the sky became cloudy, and very soon totally overcast, a real dutch sky...

But being modern people, we knew at which moment it would start and stop. Even though it did become somewhat darker, when a good rainstorm arrives it is even darker. But at the moment the eclips started all the birds stopped their chirping,

really eerie

I hope to one day being able to experience it without those thick clouds...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Will Saturn eclipse the Moon?

No but the picture looks like it will be rather visible and near it just after dusk , I havent paid much attention to astronomy so I dont know if itll be very good viewing but I have binocs if I can find it 

Looking at the possibility of better photos of an eclipse with clouds , it looks like one might be able to make do with a hoya filter for about 70 bucks, with the clouds blocking out the infrared , and up to 85 % of the uv passing through the clouds , one might get some nifty results. Gotta read up more. 

• Like 2