Marblehead

Nietzsche Quotes

A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something.  Success and failure are for him answers above all.

• Like 1

How about quotes about Nietzche?

"Atheism," Eugene wrote in later years, "true 'existential' atheism burning with hatred of a seemingly unjust or unmerciful God, is a spiritual state; it is a real attempt to grapple with the true God Whose ways are so inexplicable even to the most believing of men, and it has more than once been known to end in a blinding vision of Him Whom the real atheist truly seeks. It is Christ Who works in these souls. The Antichrist is not to be found primarily in the great deniers, but in the small affirmers, whose Christ is only on the lips. Nietzsche, in calling himself Antichrist, proved thereby his intense hunger for Christ...."

From NIHILISM : The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age by Eugene (Fr. Seraphim) Rose

• Like 1

Yeah, a lot of Christians spoke about Nietzsche but their responses were always based on old dysfunctional thinking which is what Nietzsche was speaking against all the time.

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

One must have a good memory to be able to keep the promises one makes.

Or make very few if any.:lol:

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 0:30 PM, cold said:

But if one's reasoning is sound, one's memory needn't be.

To the contrary as my age grows my memory shrinks, but in turn the depth of understanding increases. And my reasoning is improved by the richness of experience.

Kind of reminds me of the quote about LSD... I forget who said it, maybe Tim Leary:

"LSD increases long term memory, makes short term memory worse... and I forget the third thing."

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 2

Time for another quote?  Yes, I think:

What else is love but understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do?

• Like 2

The overman:  Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative.  Aware of life's terrors, he affirms life without resentment.

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Youre having one of those days... go buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 1

Good.  I try hard to point out that my truths may not be anyone else's truths.  Others probably make enough errors on their own without my help.

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil.

Wow...  he sure blasted the truth out on that one... <WOOF!>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful!

That is without a doubt one of the greatest quotes I've ever heard.

Never knew Nietzsche was harboring that level of wisdom... WOOF!

8 hours ago, silent thunder said:

That is without a doubt one of the greatest quotes I've ever heard.

Never knew Nietzsche was harboring that level of wisdom... WOOF!

Yeah, most people who pay even a little attention to what Nietzsche wrote concentrate on his "God is dead" and "The will to power" and totally miss most of the important things he said.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, most people who pay even a little attention to what Nietzsche wrote concentrate on his "God is dead" and "The will to power" and totally miss most of the important things he said.

Yea, funny how that happens with humans.  A similar thing happened with Charles Darwin and 'survival of the fittest'.

• Like 1