Tochü

MCO variants

On 7/30/2017 at 3:27 PM, Tochü said:

What do you think of the technique briefly described here:

Is there any overview of different MCO variants?

Regards

PS - I just looked at this animation and it is nothing like the MCO practice in my tradition. 

I'd like to add that there are traditional schools of Daoism (I'm not referring to Mantak Chia or any other school that has printed English resources I am aware of) that do emphasize dedicated practice of the microcosmic orbit in seated meditation as a foundation. Intermediate and advanced practices are only added once the teacher sees appropriate signs in the student. The MCO can be the primary practice for years before advancing. One primary and critical function of such practices is to cultivate very powerful mind of intent - 意 (Yi). While this is an integral part of Qigong and Taijiquan practice, it's my personal experience that concentrating solely on cultivating the Yi to guide the Qi while seated and still is extremely effective. The absence of body movement allows one to focus with far more precision and depth. My teacher used to say that the only way to reach higher levels of skill in the internal martial arts is through practicing such meditation [edit - here I am not referring solely to the MCO but to more advanced practices, all of which use the MCO as their foundation]. It was certainly my experience that it took my martial practice and ability to another level.

I'm not saying that it is the right way or the only way but I thought it worthwhile to add a different perspective as most of the comments above seem to denigrate the value of dedicated MCO practice. It is a very concentrated and powerful practice, hence my recommendation earlier to practice with a credible master. I suspect much of the negative attitude towards the practice comes from the fact that many in the West adopt it from books and videos and do not have the benefit of direct instruction. I've never read or studied Chia's methods so I won't comment on them. I would invite people to have an open mind and consider the possibility that there are alternative ways to accomplish Daoist cultivation to their own preferred methods. After all there are many schools and most have little or no representation in the West or in the English language. The more perspectives we are exposed to, the more comprehensive is our understanding and appreciation of these arts that we all love and value. 

Edited by steve
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, steve said:

PS - I just looked at this animation and it is nothing like the MCO practice in my tradition. 

I'd like to add that there are traditional schools of Daoism (I'm not referring to Mantak Chia or any other school that has printed English resources I am aware of) that do emphasize dedicated practice of the microcosmic orbit in seated meditation as a foundation. Intermediate and advanced practices are only added once the teacher sees appropriate signs in the student. The MCO can be the primary practice for years before advancing. One primary and critical function of such practices is to cultivate very powerful mind of intent - 意 (Yi). While this is an integral part of Qigong and Taijiquan practice, it's my personal experience that concentrating solely on cultivating the Yi to guide the Qi while seated and still is extremely effective. The absence of body movement allows one to focus with far more precision and depth. My teacher used to say that the only way to reach higher levels of skill in the internal martial arts is through practicing such meditation [edit - here I am not referring solely to the MCO but to more advanced practices, all of which use the MCO as their foundation]. It was certainly my experience that it took my martial practice and ability to another level.

I'm not saying that it is the right way or the only way but I thought it worthwhile to add a different perspective as most of the comments above seem to denigrate the value of dedicated MCO practice. It is a very concentrated and powerful practice, hence my recommendation earlier to practice with a credible master. I suspect much of the negative attitude towards the practice comes from the fact that many in the West adopt it from books and videos and do not have the benefit of direct instruction. I've never read or studied Chia's methods so I won't comment on them. I would invite people to have an open mind and consider the possibility that there are alternative ways to accomplish Daoist cultivation to their own preferred methods. After all there are many schools and most have little or no representation in the West or in the English language. The more perspectives we are exposed to, the more comprehensive is our understanding and appreciation of these arts that we all love and value. 

As far as "Yi" versus visualization - what Starjumper referred to - Chunyi says to "let the light guide the small universe meditation." That is a kind of secret - as when the light is "turned around" then the intention goes into the Emptiness.

And then someone who posted on this website briefly - Kevin Wallbridge reveals that just as the symbol wuji is a later Song derivation, the very common teaching of the Yi guiding the Qi is not complete.

I thought his expose of this from the Chinese was very crucial - so I added it to the sidebar of my blog. https://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/

Kevin Wallbridge, teacher

A very popular phrase within the world of Chinese physical culture is “意領氣” Yì Líng Qì, or “the mind leads the Qi.” A more complete rendering of the phrase is “心領意, 意領氣, 氣領身” Xīn Líng Yì, Yì Líng Qì, Qì Líng Shēn, or “heart leads mind, mind leads Qi, Qi leads body.”
his blog
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Not all of it, just the relevant parts. 

It took me at least a couple hours to post the "relevant parts" of my Conspirachi blogbook to you and you never even responded.

You can just word search the Idiot's Guide article - what you think is relevant - like the word "intention"

And if you are still looking for quantum studies on physiology - just word search the Idiot's Guide article for "quantum."

I posted 25 different sources for quantum studies on psychophysiology from my Conspirachi blogbook - in the above linked thread.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

As far as "Yi" versus visualization - what Starjumper referred to - Chunyi says to "let the light guide the small universe meditation." That is a kind of secret - as when the light is "turned around" then the intention goes into the Emptiness.

And then someone who posted on this website briefly - Kevin Wallbridge reveals that just as the symbol wuji is a later Song derivation, the very common teaching of the Yi guiding the Qi is not complete.

I thought his expose of this from the Chinese was very crucial - so I added it to the sidebar of my blog. https://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/

Kevin Wallbridge, teacher

A very popular phrase within the world of Chinese physical culture is “意領氣” Yì Líng Qì, or “the mind leads the Qi.” A more complete rendering of the phrase is “心領意, 意領氣, 氣領身” Xīn Líng Yì, Yì Líng Qì, Qì Líng Shēn, or “heart leads mind, mind leads Qi, Qi leads body.”
his blog

Yes, I agree it is a critical and foundational point that the Yi is not the same as visualization, imagination, intellect, or analytical mind. One of the greatest benefits of a personal teacher is to help us get these experiential aspects of practice that transcend the conceptual. This is what is referred to as transmission.

As far as Kevin Wallbridge's quotation goes, I would be a little careful about translating 心 as heart and 意 as mind. As I have no doubt you are aware that 心 implies heart/mind as the Chinese do not make the same distinction that we do in the West between heart and mind. Furthermore 意 does not imply mind in its totality but rather a very specific aspect of mind that is related to intention. My teacher always translates it specifically as mind of intent. So I would tend to translate  - xin ling yi, yi ling qi, qi ling shen - more along the lines of heart/mind leads the mind of intent (or simply intent), intent leads the qi, qi leads the body. Not as fluid but perhaps a bit more specific. 

[edit]

PS - I just looked at the blog you refer to and I like how he uses both intent and attent as being related to Yi, the key for me from a practical point of view is the mind/body connection achieved through awareness

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, steve said:

Yes, I agree it is a critical and foundational point that the Yi is not the same as visualization, imagination, intellect, or analytical mind. One of the greatest benefits of a personal teacher is to help us get these experiential aspects of practice that transcend the conceptual. This is what is referred to as transmission.

As far as Kevin Wallbridge's quotation goes, I would be a little careful about translating 心 as heart and 意 as mind. As I have no doubt you are aware that 心 implies heart/mind as the Chinese do not make the same distinction that we do in the West between heart and mind. Furthermore 意 does not imply mind in its totality but rather a very specific aspect of mind that is related to intention. My teacher always translates it specifically as mind of intent. So I would tend to translate  - xin ling yi, yi ling qi, qi ling shen - more along the lines of heart/mind leads the mind of intent (or simply intent), intent leads the qi, qi leads the body. Not as fluid but perhaps a bit more specific. 

[edit]

PS - I just looked at the blog you refer to and I like how he uses both intent and attent as being related to Yi, the key for me from a practical point of view is the mind/body connection achieved through awareness

Thanks for your comments - I consider the heart-mind as Shen - so that Shen leads Yi that leads Qi.

But these areas are closely connected - as my pdf I posted above gets into with images on the neuroscience.

• Like 1

For those who may not take the time to check out your link, I thought I'd take the liberty of posting a different excerpt.

A bit off topic but I find it worthy of sharing:

"My Qigong teachers in China talked with me one time about a perspective on the 三寶 San Bao or three treasures. They explained that there were several, perhaps uncountable, lists of things that were San Bao. They said the San Bao of philosophy are Daoism, Confucianism and Buddhism. The San Bao of existence are 地人天 Earth, man and Heaven. They then explained that the San Bao of the self were 精氣神 Jing Qi Shen/essence qi and spirit. They drew a diagram with each of the first of the lists at the bottom rising through the others to the top, like this:

佛 天 神

孔 人 氣

道 地 精

They said Daoism relates most to the Earth and its practices are the most focussed on essence. Confucianism is focussed on the world of men and their relationships and so is the most focussed on the cultivation of the Qi between things. Finally Buddhism looks to Heaven and so is most concerned with cultivation of the spirit. They explained that each practice has its place and purpose. They are like the roots trunk and leaves of a tree, none is better or more useful than the other.

That being said they then smiled and explained to me, “Still it is the study of Dao in the natural world which is the basis of all of our practice (not everyone’s practice, the practice that they were teaching me at that time), so first you must cultivate the Jing and never leave it behind for pursuits of the mind. Always carry it forward to provide an earthly grounding upon which your practice stands.”

I received this lesson at Clear Sound Pavilion 情音閣 on 峨眉山 Emei Mountain in 1991. I’m not saying its any kind of standard or truth in Daoist practices, it is simply a lesson I was taught over a cup of tea."

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Thanks for your comments - I consider the heart-mind as Shen - so that Shen leads Yi that leads Qi.

But these areas are closely connected - as my pdf I posted above gets into with images on the neuroscience.

Which character are you referring to as shen?

I'm familiar with 神 (spirit) and 身(body).

Do you mean 心 (xīn)?

Xin leads the yi, yi leads the qi?

8 minutes ago, steve said:

Which character are you referring to as shen?

I'm familiar with 神 (spirit) and 身(body).

Do you mean 心 (xīn)?

Xin leads the yi, yi leads the qi?

I suppose "ling shen" refers then to the body spirit?

From my pdf:

So then I discovered this pdf by a Tai Chi teacher - Dennis Willmont - Ritual, Sacrifice and Alchemy

Alchemy reiterates the earlier idea of external sacrifice found in Chinese ancestor worship, but does so internally within the body and mind by the conversion of jing to shen via the intermediary level of ch'i and I/Intention.

So that exactly encapsulates the basic principle of alchemy training that I focus on in my “Idiot’s Guide” article - to put the shen below the jing via the yi as intention, that then governs and guides and creates the qi.

Between Heaven and Earth, the central harmonizing principle of Man is associated with the phase Soil (tu), the Spleen/Pancreas, worry, Intention (I), and Trustworthiness (xin).

And so Trustworthiness of the pancreas intention is actually the proper balance of the kidney water will power, with the emotional heart of fire, to create good soil.

4 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

I suppose "ling shen" refers then to the body spirit?

I guess it depends on context. 

In the quote from Wallbridge, he is referring to 身(body - shěn).

When discussing the three treasures, we are referring to 神 (spirit - shén)

I find it very useful to include Hanzi when discussing Chinese terms as the English transliteration is always ambiguous (unless of course you add the tones which helps limit the ambiguity).

Just now, steve said:

I guess it depends on context. 

In the quote from Wallbridge, he is referring to 身(body - shěn).

When discussing the three treasures, we are referring to 神 (spirit - shén)

I find it very useful to include Hanzi when discussing Chinese terms as the English transliteration is always ambiguous (unless of course you add the tones which helps limit the ambiguity).

So I found this medical doctor who is Chinese and studies Taoist alchemy - and I quote him in the pdf - he said the secret of the Pancreas as propert intention is because it's the only organ that has a direct sympathetic nerve connection to the spine.

So then when the Quick Fire breathing is done in say horse stance - this actually activates the pancreas nerves to the spine to increase the jing energy of the kidney - via adrenaline to the pineal gland.

And so basically just using the mind will not achieve proper intention.

8 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

So I found this medical doctor who is Chinese and studies Taoist alchemy - and I quote him in the pdf - he said the secret of the Pancreas as propert intention is because it's the only organ that has a direct sympathetic nerve connection to the spine.

You may want to do some independent investigation as to that claim.

I'm not sure it is accurate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve said:

You may want to do some independent investigation as to that claim.

I'm not sure it is accurate.

v  Davis translation
The taking of so small a quantity of it as would cover the edge of a knife or spatula will be enough to confer tranquility on the hun p’o (man’s animal spirit), give him immortality, and enable him to live in the village of the immortals.   Those who love the Tao (Way) trace things to their roots.  They decide on the proper quantities (to use) in connection with the preparation of their medicine on the basis of the Wu-hsing.v  Pregadio’s  Version      Moisten one knife-point, and it will cleanse the hun and the po; you will obtain a long lifeand find a home in the town of the Immortals.v  Our interpretationIf the panacea is activated, the spirit and the soul will be purified.REMARKS:  Dao Gui ( 刀圭 ) - in ancient times.Dao Gui was an instrument for measuring powdered medicine (Figure 9).

tumblr_inline_oovb8lJBXY1tuek78_540.jpg

Western-trained medical doctor figures out ancient Chinese alchemy secret!

Remark: The Pancreas also consider as “Earth” – “Tu”(土).CONCLUSION:  The Dao Gui in Figure 9 resembles the shape of the pancreas (Figure 9 and 10).  Gui is a sceptre used by nobility in ancient China.  The word Gui  (圭) is two Chinese earth  (土) staggered together .   We propose that Dao (knife) represents the pancreas, and Gui  with two Tu ( 土 )’s represents the left and right celiac ganglions.   The Daoist use it as code words for the whole celiac plexus.   This is the area where different kinds (five elements) of Qi are converted to spiritual nectar for further Dao pathway to enlightenment.  

We can also find this idea of containing the jing and shen in the Taijiquan Classics where the I (psychic counterpart of the “Power” Man, the phase Soil, and the organ Spleen/Pancreas) takes on the function of a container:
Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, it’s all the same. All of this is done with the Yi….

citing Chang-San-Feng.

Elsewhere the Classics build on this same idea:
(Throughout your) entire body, your mind (I) is on the Spirit of the Valley (jing-shen)[“concentrated awareness” is the translation I prefer], not on the Chi (qi).

the medical doctor Chinese alchemist

-  through intense study he figured out the secret of the Yellow Emperor Classic text to alchemy training:

pancreas-spleen = earth = 5kidney (water) 1 plus lung (metal) 4 = 5

heart (fire) 2 plus liver (wood) 3 = 5

Earth governs four of the five elements.

Dr. Shuang Yan Guan Zhu, physician, says how in his qi training experience, the pancreas directly connects to the spine sympathetic nervous system, in contrast to the other organs. He too made the alchemical ancestor worship connection!

tumblr_inline_oovb7hdacW1tuek78_540.jpg

So based on his qi experience of the sympathetic nervous system of the spine - he realized that Earth was in the middle, thereby governing fire and water:

tumblr_inline_oovb7wRFEE1tuek78_540.jpg

The figure in your last post demonstrates my point.

The abdominal viscera all receive sympathetic innervation through branches of the splanchnic nerves and the celiac ganglion.

The pancreas is no more directly connected to the spine than any other viscus in terms of sympathetic neurologic connection. 

Edited by steve

39 minutes ago, steve said:

The figure in your last post demonstrates my point.

The abdominal viscera all receive sympathetic innervation through branches of the splanchnic nerves and the celiac ganglion.

The pancreas is no more directly connected to the spine than any other viscus in terms of sympathetic neurologic connection. 

It's his diagram.

So I refer to his name Dr. Shuang Yan Guan Zhu, physician.

google it and you get that diagram.

http://sygz2012.blogspot.com/

So I google his name, pancreas, sympathetic.

http://sygz2012.blogspot.com/2012_08_01_archive.html

Get that hit. So word search it sympathetic.

From my years of Qi practice, the following observations can be made.

The Qi from the pancreas (spleen) can directly enter the sympathetic system and then enters the spinal cord. See figure 6. However, the Qi from the heart has to mix with the Qi from the liver before the Qi can enter the sympathetic chain. As for the kidney, the Qi from the lung has to mix with the kidney Qi before the kidney Qi can enter the sympathetic system.

So then look for figure 6.

7-primitive-pancreatic-tissue.png

So that's from embryogenesis.

any thing else to further clarify?

Let's see.

11-Germ-layers.png

Yep. And who made that chart? Not the doctor?

So that chart 3 does say exactly what I stated.

but I guess it takes some inference to draw that conclusion - so with these further charts you can fill in the logic.

13-3-five-qi.png

So I guess Thomas Chan just does the graphics.

The 9 return is the Qi from the thoracic organ (heart and lung) and the abdominal organs (pancreas, liver, kidneys) back to the sympathetic chain and finally into spinal cord. Here, this internal organ system Qi plus 3 more spinal cords Qi and make up the 9 Qi. Then this 9 Qi return back to the central nervous system.

So as per the first image I posted - if you consider the liver to be... what did you say?

abdominal viscera

Yes that is true but the liver then goes to the heart before the sympathetic chain - different than the pancreas.

• Like 1

The marrow pathway is travelling upwards, however is not the meridian pathway. There is a hole in the vertebra, which is the path of internal alchemy. It is connected with the nerve stem, the nerves of the brain and the meridians. It does not exist singly, as the nerve system is like a tree. It is called the ‘Hidden Stream’, the unseen flow of water, also known by the name of the “Yellow River”.  This Yang Qi ascends up this pathway and goes straight above to Spinal Strait behind the Middle Cinnabar Field, as well as opposite the apex of the internal kidneys. It is extremely hard for Qi to ascend to this point. This is called the Spinal Strait Barrier. Furthermore rising to the back of the brain, it is called the Jade Pillow Barrier.
These are the body’s three barriers.

If one arrives at the border, one is asked for one’s passport and whether one carries any dangerous goods in the luggage. In Wudang Mountain one will come across the Three Heavenly Gates on the way up to the Golden Peak. Only when one opens the first gate, can one continue one’s climb. One’s spine is one’s ladder. During everyday life one prepares for this journey. The Gate keeper is extremely ferocious and powerful. There are tough examinations.

One must practice and have first hand experience to truly understand.the process. Most important is proper character to get past the barriers or gates.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

It's his diagram.

So I refer to his name Dr. Shuang Yan Guan Zhu, physician.

google it and you get that diagram.

http://sygz2012.blogspot.com/

So I google his name, pancreas, sympathetic.

http://sygz2012.blogspot.com/2012_08_01_archive.html

Get that hit. So word search it sympathetic.

From my years of Qi practice, the following observations can be made.

So then look for figure 6.

7-primitive-pancreatic-tissue.png

So that's from embryogenesis.

any thing else to further clarify?

Let's see.

11-Germ-layers.png

Yep. And who made that chart? Not the doctor?

So that chart 3 does say exactly what I stated.

but I guess it takes some inference to draw that conclusion - so with these further charts you can fill in the logic.

13-3-five-qi.png

So I guess Thomas Chan just does the graphics.

So as per the first image I posted - if you consider the liver to be... what did you say?

Yes that is true but the liver then goes to the heart before the sympathetic chain - different than the pancreas.

Interesting read - thanks for that.

Here is an interesting article on pancreatic embryology that you may find useful as well:

https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Endocrine_-_Pancreas_Development#Some_Recent_Findings

@voidisyinyang

Hi Drew! 

You have collected a lot of good material, and the fact that you are so willing to share it is admirable. 

But,  there is the question of how. 

You share in bulk, while it might be easier for the reader (that's me)  if you tightened up your posts slightly. 

Like in this thread for example, where you reply easily could be the topic of several (interesting) threads. 

So, I left the other thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

@voidisyinyang

Hi Drew! 

You have collected a lot of good material, and the fact that you are so willing to share it is admirable. 

But,  there is the question of how. 

You share in bulk, while it might be easier for the reader (that's me)  if you tightened up your posts slightly. 

Like in this thread for example, where you reply easily could be the topic of several (interesting) threads. 

So, I left the other thread. 

yep.

Let's look forward to this book: https://anthro.appstate.edu/directory/dr-eric-i-karchmer

under review Double Truths: Postcolonial Transformations in Chinese Medicine. Submitted to University of Pennsylvania Press.

in press "Slow Medicine: How Chinese Medicine Became Efficacious Only for Chronic Conditions." In Worlds of Chinese Medicine: Historical Epistemology and Transnational Cultural Politics, Howards Hsueh (ed.).

in press "Ancient Forumulas to Strenghten the Nation." Asian Medicine: Tradition and Modernity.

2013 "The Excitations and Suppressions of the Time: Locating Emotional Disorders in Modern Chinese Medicine." Culture, Medicine, and Psychiatry 37(1).

2010 "Chinese Medicine in Action: On the Postcoloniality of Medical Practice in China." Medical Anthropology 29(3):1-27.

2002 "Magic, Science, and Qigong in Contemporary China." In China Off Center: Mapping the Margins of the Middle Kingdom, Susan Blum and Lionel Jensen (eds.), pp. 311-322. University of Hawaii Press.

https://books.google.com/books?id=pA_MP4Q11qgC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

You can read the excerpts of his last 2002 essay - fascinating research!

@voidisyinyang

According to ophthalmologist W. H. Bates, there's a strict connection between the ability to visualize and one's vision capabilities: he noticed -for example- that the myopic patient can't visualize nearly as good as the patient with perfect vision.

He noticed a subtle connection between body tensions and visual problems and he concluded that to cure myopia (and other problems), one needs to relax the mind which in turn relaxes the body...which -at the end- relaxes the eye muscles.

My conclusion is that if you are visualizing stuff and your vision doesn't improve, you're visualizing incorrectly and nurturing tensions in your body. Thus causing harm on the long term.

You can generate/absorb (depending on your philosophy) energy/qi, but if your body isn't completely relax (and you have "clear eyes" without vision defects) to truly "store & grow", you're just harming yourself.

The secret of the golden flower (Min version) states that while it will be somewhat difficult for the deaf to get the elixir, it's almost impossible for the blind.

If your eyes don't improve with your MCO/dantien visualization practice, there are chances that you're harming yourself in some subtle way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

@voidisyinyang

According to ophthalmologist W. H. Bates, there's a strict connection between the ability to visualize and one's vision capabilities: he noticed -for example- that the myopic patient can't visualize nearly as good as the patient with perfect vision.

He noticed a subtle connection between body tensions and visual problems and he concluded that to cure myopia (and other problems), one needs to relax the mind which in turn relaxes the body...which -at the end- relaxes the eye muscles.

My conclusion is that if you are visualizing stuff and your vision doesn't improve, you're visualizing incorrectly and nurturing tensions in your body. Thus causing harm on the long term.

You can generate/absorb (depending on your philosophy) energy/qi, but if your body isn't completely relax (and you have "clear eyes" without vision defects) to truly "store & grow", you're just harming yourself.

The secret of the golden flower (Min version) states that while it will be somewhat difficult for the deaf to get the elixir, it's almost impossible for the blind.

If your eyes don't improve with your MCO/dantien visualization practice, there are chances that you're harming yourself in some subtle way.

Thanks for sharing.

It depends how you define "you" - when I first read your comment I thought you meant "you" as in me personally but then I thought you meant "you" as in you in general. But then I realized that the real "you" is nondual formless awareness.

So as I have mentioned - when I send out "yin qi" then my eyeballs pulsate from the pineal gland energy.

But to do that means the third eye has to open up first. But to heal the eyes actually requires a lot of energy, as it is a physical focus problem.

So for example a person in the West could get corrective surgery - and then have 20/20 vision - from getting new lenses in their eyes - the retina - but yet their physical energy could still get very tired.

But I totally agree with what you say - as per Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality - only the eyes are yang in the body. So the left eye is Yuan Shen and the right eye is Yuan Qi but until the energy is built up then the left eye is dragon yin qi energy from the liver and the right eye is tiger yin qi energy from the lungs.

So it is quite fascinating how the yin-yang channels interact. And so if you rotate the eyes then it is like doing "moving of the yin and yang" exercise externally - as rotating the eyes then opens up the pineal gland energy by resonating the yin-yang energy of the eyes and then you can actually feel the energy in your lower tan tien from rotating the eyes! Why? Because the pineal gland is connected to the lower tan tien via the central channel.

So also if we hold the palms over the eyes this sends qi into the eyes to heal the eyes.

But if the pineal gland gets opened into the psychic yin qi energy and it is not stored up more - then a person can send out yin qi energy, as I do, even though the eyes have not be healed.

In other words how much energy is takes to heal the eyes might be less than healing someone's lower energy - even if their eyes have been physically healed by Western medicine.

On the other hand Yan Xin qigong master wore glasses only because his energy was so powerful - without the glasses then the laser-qi coming out of his eyes would be too intense! The glasses were not prescriptive I guess - just plastic or something but they looked like prescription glasses.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Da Basics and Da Proper Method made sure ...

That's a funny accent you have there, but I can't quite place it, is it Italian.  :ph34r:

15 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Will do! thanks for the recommendation.

Holy sheet!  Is that the entire PDF?  I'm going to have difficulty going through that.  I was hoping more for a brief excerpt that has the pertinent points.  i'll start on it but can't say I'll get through that much of it.  When I moved here I left almost all my books behind and haven't read a 'scientific' book in many years.  About four years ago I read a couple of sci fi/fantasy books on my kindle though ... I should recharge my kindle.  

The books I brought South with me are:

"The Complete I Chin"g by Taoist master Alfred Huang.

"Human Energy Systems" by Jack Shwarz.  I think you will like this if you can find it, it's been out of print long time.  Jack had amazing energy abilities in addition to super fast healing, like he could cut his arm rather deeply with a knife and it would totally heal in a few minutes, including no scar.

"The Secret and Sublime - Taoist Mysteries and Magic" by John Blofeld, another old book that has been out of print for a long time and reeelly expensive if you can find it.

"Green Mansions"

"Barefoot Doctor's Manual"

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

@voidisyinyang

Since you mention vision I would like to say that since I've been doing chi kung that my eyes have gone from being nearsighted to just right, and I can see both far away and am able to read small print close up without needing reading glasses which is pretty good for an old fart like me, and the chi kung excludes visualizations or moving energy with intent.

• Like 1