Tochü

MCO variants

2 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I don't know definitively of it being activated with seated practice or moving qigong however know for a fact it is passively activated with CORRECT mabu practice.

It can be done in several ways with moving chi kung, and in both directions, I don't know about seated practice affecting it.  What is Mabu practice?

It is good advice you have there about the sexual energy.

Edited by Starjumper

3 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

What I meant with that was: I know for a fact with correct Mabu the rendu meridians start to flow again which in turn allow the dantains function to be activated. I don't know personally of anyone that used a seated or moving qigong to activate his or her MCO. This does not mean that it can't be done, just that I have not personally met anyone who succeeded using anything other than Mabu.

Mabu is just the chinese for horse stance. Not just random horse stance watching tv or letting your mind drift anywhere it wants (read that on a different thread here and couldn't help but shake my head in disbelief). It should be mabu where the mind is actively focusing (the correct kind of focus) on the correct area in the body along with bodily tension and relaxation at specific stages of the breath. 

nice

3 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I don't mean to argue here but just want to state my feelings regarding this. I cannot stress enough that in my opinion a person should never ever run or try to run the MCO in the reversed direction. It caused untold amounts of issues to my health when I did it by accident through incorrect practice when I was younger. 

I'd like to add that in women the MCO can spontaneously run ' backwards' which is all-right for them.

But agree totally that to try to let whatever qi-flow run in a reversed direction is a bad idea.

7 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

Mabu is just the chinese for horse stance. Not just random horse stance watching tv or letting your mind drift anywhere it wants (read that on a different thread here and couldn't help but shake my head in disbelief). It should be mabu where the mind is actively focusing (the correct kind of focus) on the correct area in the body along with bodily tension and relaxation at specific stages of the breath. 

I think the advice on doing horse stance while watching a movie was to help someone get started in it.

7 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I don't mean to argue here but just want to state my feelings regarding this. I cannot stress enough that in my opinion a person should never ever run or try to run the MCO in the reversed direction. It caused untold amounts of issues to my health when I did it by accident through incorrect practice when I was younger. 

When we do it with movement we sometimes did reverse direction first but it was important to always finish it with forward direction, doing it that way caused no problems (he says as his legs twitch uncontrollably (kidding)).  If someone does it backwards using mind then all bets are off.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 1:29 AM, Earl Grey said:

Also, regarding celibacy, there's a book by Steven Liu and Jonathan Blank that has a section about ejaculations per age bracket (Secrets of Dragon Gate). I find that the minimums and maximums vary from school to school, but as a rule of thumb, yes, I agree: too much is like smoking cigarettes, and doing none at all can itself be damaging if prolonged. 

My teacher told us like this, in your twenties once every three days, in your thirties once every four days, in your forties once every five days, and so on.

Edited by Starjumper

Regarding celibacy. It is a very unspecific word in this kind of context.
Here are some various interpretations:

- not having sex with another person

- not have orgasms

- not have ejaculations

- not masturbating

- not think of sex

The last one was introduced to me by an Guru in India.

33 minutes ago, Tochü said:

Regarding celibacy. It is a very unspecific word in this kind of context.
Here are some various interpretations:

- not having sex with another person

- not have orgasms

- not have ejaculations

- not masturbating

- not think of sex

The last one was introduced to me by an Guru in India.

Just study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" - it's a free pdf online - for the details on celibacy.

don't think of the pink elephant! haha.

People should just focus on the solution, not the problems.

• Like 2

Here is my 2 cents.  ALL of my strong chi experiences and MCO are from unintentional actions.  Such as dreaming of myself meditating and waking up having the MCO circulating.  Those are the most powerful kind.  The mild ones are from meditation.  The most unproductive ones are from intense visualization.    

• Like 2