Starjumper

The Ten Thousand Ways of Nei Kung

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Actually what I look for when I say pulling is a certain hand shape, which is kind of like the bird's beak in tai chi but not closed so much, kind of like half way between a bird's beak and a flat hand.  I don't think I've seen that in a video but if you can find one (other than my video)  I'll eat my hat  =)

Ken Cohen,  in his external Qi healing dvd,  if it is the suction cup palm you are hinting at. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Ken Cohen,  in his external Qi healing dvd,  if it is the suction cup palm you are hinting at. 

Yes, that sounds like what I was referring to.  I mentioned earlier that I had seen it in healing work videos but not in a chi kung routine.

1 hour ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

In the opening of the video gathering chi from the six direction the first movement is lift with wrist( to avoid joint locks and sink to remove target) the second is push the third is called draw in with the system names I was taught.

OK, I noticed it, it does look like he is doing a slight form of suction cup palm there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Yes, that sounds like what I was referring to.  I mentioned earlier that I had seen it in healing work videos but not in a chi kung routine.

The nei jing gong (the kong jing is a branch of the same tree)  is, among other purposes, for healing. 

(Chan-wu-yi) 

Edited by Mudfoot
Added sentence
  • Like 2

=)  OK, yes, nei kung is also for healing,  by healing work I meant when someone is doing healing work on another person.  I haven't seen it in a chi kung video with someone using it in a solo practice for their own selves.

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Thanks for those videos.  Is that you in one of them, Jox?

I see some definite pulling in the first one but not so sure about the second one, maybe in a few places, depending on intent.

Actually what I look for when I say pulling is a certain hand shape, which is kind of like the bird's beak in tai chi but not closed so much, kind of like half way between a bird's beak and a flat hand.  I don't think I've seen that in a video but if you can find one (other than my video)  I'll eat my hat  =)

I like the ways of moving in the first video more than the second one, and the music in the first one is nice, good for meditating.  Do you happen to know the title of that piece?

Can you show the hand shape you are talking about, Starjumper?

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Can you show the hand shape you are talking about, Starjumper?

First part shows pulling, second part shows compressing (ignoring the bent fingers), third part shows pulling and compressing together.

Pulling is called creating the empty vessel, then compressing fills it with energy

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

=)  OK, yes, nei kung is also for healing,  by healing work I meant when someone is doing healing work on another person.  I haven't seen it in a chi kung video with someone using it in a solo practice for their own selves.

Starjumper, what about Dayan Qigong, do you see it here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96mhPzp2RU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKBTsmRzlqc

44 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

https://youtu.be/8UcypdBBqjc

First part shows pulling, second part shows compressing (ignoring the bent fingers), third part shows pulling and compressing together.

Pulling is called creating the empty vessel, then compressing fills it with energy

Video is unavailable.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

Video is unavailable.

i had it listed as private but changed it to unlisted, so you should be able to see it now.  Here's the link again:

https://youtu.be/8UcypdBBqjc

I've learned Dayan (Wild Goose) chi kung.  I'll check those videos.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Thanks for those videos.  Is that you in one of them, Jox?

I see some definite pulling in the first one but not so sure about the second one, maybe in a few places, depending on intent.

I like the ways of moving in the first video more than the second one, and the music in the first one is nice, good for meditating.  Do you happen to know the title of that piece?

No, not me, lol ... ;) But, I practice both of those sets. MC teaches them under the name Buddha palm and Six directions chi kung. I just practiced Six directions today and I had interesting experience, it was like light show all the time. Something like fractals changing in and out in my head, especially during the push and pull ... B)

And I have no idea, what that music title is, lol ... But agree, it is nice ... :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 2

On 7/26/2017 at 9:58 AM, Wu Ming Jen said:

Have your wife lift her hand upwards palm down towards the ceiling with a light touch put your hand on the top of hers and draw her near you. There needs to be resistance. I forgot the foot work step back

On 7/26/2017 at 10:13 AM, Starjumper said:

That is clear, thanks. we do something similar in Yueng Chuan when someone punches high, towards your face.

On 7/26/2017 at 10:14 AM, Wu Ming Jen said:

I knew you had it.

Hey, what do you know, I figured out how to do multiquoting.

This requires some clarification.  That technique is in the arsenal but it is not often used because it requires a following move or more in order to end a fight.  My teacher, Dave, was able to use it as a stand alone technique with only the one movement because he could pull with just the right motion on order to cause whiplash in the attacker's neck.  For us regular mortals who can't do that we often step forward instead of stepping back while still using a similar hand motion.  The reason is that the goal is to end the fight in one second, with only one movement, and this is possible if you step forward into close range instead of stepping back, Bruce Lee called this intercepting fist, but I think a better way to describe it is 'defense by attack'.   I haven't seen much of this kind of thing in any demonstrations of internal martial arts and I'm not sure why.  Maybe a lot of masters really don't know about it.  Plus it doesn't look impressive in the way one would want to impress beginners or movie audiences.  Even a lot of experienced people reject it because it seems too foreign and their brains are already full?

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 2:24 PM, KuroShiro said:

Starjumper, what about Dayan Qigong, do you see it here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96mhPzp2RU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKBTsmRzlqc

Yes I do, I see it is used quite a bit in those, and right from the start.  Watching those, particularly the first one, brings back memories because I learned Dayan (Wild Goose) chi kung early on.  It was a lot like the first two thirds of the first video.  Dayan chi kung is good stuff, and it looks like it may well be a nei kung system if it includes sitting meditations.  Thanks for sharing those!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Hey, what do you know, I figured out how to do multiquoting.

This requires some clarification.  That technique is in the arsenal but it is not often used because it requires a following move or more in order to end a fight.  My teacher, Dave, was able to use it as a stand alone technique with only the one movement because he could pull with just the right motion on order to cause whiplash in the attacker's neck.  For us regular mortals who can't do that we often step forward instead of stepping back while still using a similar hand motion.  The reason is that the goal is to end the fight in one second, with only one movement, and this is possible if you step forward into close range instead of stepping back, Bruce Lee called this intercepting fist, but I think a better way to describe it is 'defense by attack'.   I haven't seen much of this kind of thing in any demonstrations of internal martial arts and I'm not sure why.  Maybe a lot of masters really don't know about it.  Plus it doesn't look impressive in the way one would want to impress beginners or movie audiences.  Even a lot of experienced people reject it because it seems too foreign and their brains are already full?

That is awesome,

The whiplash effect reminds me of the technique pull down. Pull down with whole body to pluck a apple or pull down with violent shake and many apples fall from the tree.

I do a lot of chin na and it is in all tai chi forms.  horizontal pull down / jerk will snap the neck back violently for sure. 

harmony pull when pushed, push when pulled, withdraw is attack, love it.

• Like 1