X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

1 hour ago, Chang said:

The question we must ask ourselves is whether or not we have gleaned much knowledge on Long Men Pai nei gong, Mo Pai or Western Mo Pai aka More Pie?

My own view is that the thread is nothing more than a rehash of all the other Mo Pai threads we have seen over the years. The problem being of course that we have no genuine Mo Pai practitioners to cast light on their practice but only More Pie Wallah's who speak of scientifically proved wonders but will share nothing of their own experience.

This was good information for me:

You weren't around at the time and I doubt you've dug back through old threads to discover this history, but we had a member of the actual MoPai in Indonesia join this forum several years ago for the express purpose of clarifying that the Bum then formerly known as MorePieGuy did not represent the MoPai, that the techniques he was sharing on the Internet were not authentic, that his "teacher" had never been authorized to teach MoPai, and that they would greatly appreciate it if that group would kindly cease & desist.

Best wishes Chang!

Edited by Starjumper

5 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

If we had 100+ members who could stand toe to toe with this nonsense, then I think we could turn the tide. 

One thing I have noticed about most Mo Pai guys is that they push too hard and when they meet resistance they get emotional and get themselves in trouble.  Push gently.  Those being pushed will feel as though they are just being caressed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phil48 said:

I've never read a thread as pointless as this one

Totally regret reading it.. I mean really, what is this?

(just want to post my opinion)

edit: Best wishes

You should look at my PPF.  No point whatever - only circles.

• Like 2

Well Brian, if you get really bored you can talk with me about particles and waves.

And Damn!, I feel slighted - no one offered me Best Wishes.

But then, I don't wish for things - I just go out and get what I need.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

One thing I have noticed about most Mo Pai guys is that they push too hard and when they meet resistance they get emotional and get themselves in trouble.  Push gently.  Those being pushed will feel as though they are just being caressed.

Or lifted by a gentle wave.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Well Brian, if you get really bored you can talk with me about particles and waves.

Bestest wishes with flaming hearts of loving fury, MH!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

We could talk again about whether a rock pushes back when you push against it.  That would be on-topic and yet not...

:)

Bestest wishes with flaming hearts of loving fury.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

We are not even vey successful at discussing the differences between Taoism and Buddhism here because we seem to concentrate too much on the negatives.

Thanks for the heads up on this situation,  In the future I will watch my ass a little closer (needs image) in regards to that.

Best wishes my dear    :wub:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

If we had 100+ members who could stand toe to toe with this nonsense, then I think we could turn the tide. 

Jesus God M.F.!   Can you imagine if there were 100 of these (use your imagination here) always saying the same thing without saying anything.  That would be intensely gross.  I'm sure the forum leaders could devise a way to defend the forum though.

We don't so we can't.

You never will.  People haven't been dumbed down that much ... yet, and the longer you wait the more unlikely it becomes.  Maybe if you make it into a religion with John Chang on the cross, you know, to worship.  You can attract more suckers and make money and become popular at the same time.  Think about it.  You could make up your own bible and everything ... (would that be like selling your soul to the devil?)

Maybe one day though, we can dream right? 

You already are dreaming.   ... and attempting to mislead people ... and yourselves.

Thanks for all the entertainment!

Best wishes   :wub:

Edited by Starjumper

34 minutes ago, Brian said:

We could talk again about whether a rock pushes back when you push against it.

It seems to me that the rock does push back but it has no intent.  I guess it really depends on how big the rock is.

Recall Fudd's first law of opposition, in fact that could be useful in this thread.

Best wishes Brian

• Like 1

Not that I think that anyone cares,  but:

The basic idea of the starting practice is that you must fill your LDT with (yang) qi. The percentage of how full the LDT is could be estimated by JC. It takes 80 hours of perfect meditation to achieve this. 

The method :

Sit in full or half lotus. 

Full lotus is more effective than half lotus. This should be performed in contact with the Earth,  no synthetic materials allowed. 

Comment: Other teachers of energy based meditation would agree on this,  so we move on. 

You focus on the LDT. 

You should fall in to a hypnogogic (?) state,  "between waking and sleeping".  So this isn't just relaxed,  this is a deeper state. 

You focus on the LTD is described as "laser -like",  again this differs from more relaxed attention on the LDT. 

You should be doing reverse breathing,  but you can pass the first level without having done this. 

Doing the MCO will waste you effort, so those practices are not compatible. 

Efter a while,  you add compression to the LDT. 

This is more or less the geist of it, if I recall right. 

• Like 5

Oh yes,  no sex. 

No practice 72 hours after sex,  or you will damage your LDT. 

Crack it open like an egg. 

• Like 1

But hey,  we tend to disagree with the traditions we are not afiliated with. 

I disagree with a lot of other traditions, and agree only when others say things compatible with my experience.

Quite human behaviour. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian said:

We could talk again about whether a rock pushes back when you push against it.  That would be on-topic and yet not...

:)

Bestest wishes with flaming hearts of loving fury.

Believe it or not I am almost ready to agree with you on this one.  I watched a documentary a couple weeks ago and they talked about this.  Very convincing argument.  All about electro-magnetism.

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Believe it or not I am almost ready to agree with you on this one.  I watched a documentary a couple weeks ago and they talked about this.  Very convincing argument.  All about electro-magnetism.

No need to even go to the level of electromagnetism.  Got a bathroom scale?

Just now, Brian said:

No need to even go to the level of electromagnetism.  Got a bathroom scale?

Oh boy.  Fun and games.  Yes, I have a bathroom scale but it is in the exercise room.  Will that make a difference?

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Oh boy.  Fun and games.  Yes, I have a bathroom scale but it is in the exercise room.  Will that make a difference?

Take the scale and hold it on its side in front of you, one hand on the top surface and one on the bottom surface.  Press your palms together an hold.  Notice that the scale is stationary and it measures a force.

Now put it on the ground and stand on it.  Notice that the scale is stationary and it measures a force.

In the first instance, one hand provides a force and the other provides an equal & opposite balancing force.  (Imagine shot-putting the scale across the room as an example of one hand providing a force without the other hand balancing it.)

In the second instance, your weight is the force.  What is the equal & opposite balancing force?

In the first instance, my fingers are opposing my thumbs.

In the second instance the floor is opposing my body.

See how easy I can be at times?

When I was younger, "No" was the opposing force some times when I asked a woman a particular question.

Yes, if there were no opposing forces the entire universe would return to total chaos.

Can we do the same experiment with fish scales?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

In the first instance, my fingers are opposing my thumbs.

In the second instance the floor is opposing my body.

See how easy I can be at times?

When I was younger, "No" was the opposing force some times when I asked a woman a particular question.

Yes, if there were no opposing forces the entire universe would return to total chaos.

Can we do the same experiment with fish scales?

Yep! Before you switch to pulling, though, is your floor concrete or wood?  If concrete, that is rock pushing back against you, right?

Now do some experiments with the fish scale, pulling against things which are "stronger than you" and things which are not. You don't have to pull with all your strength, of course.

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yep! Before you switch to pulling, though, is your floor concrete or wood?  If concrete, that is rock pushing back against you, right?

Now do some experiments with the fish scale, pulling against things which are "stronger than you" and things which are not. You don't have to pull with all your strength, of course.

Floor is concrete so there isn't much give.

On second thought, I think I will leave the fish alone.  (But, those Koi scales are pretty darn tough.)