middle_path

What have you learned from this forum that you consider invaluable?

21 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I have learned that a lot of our members drink coffee.

I found out, in searching through 23 pages of coffee threads that I write more about coffee then anyone here.  A nice trip back.. reading about coffee adventures in Burning Man & great coffee shops I'd visited.  & always nice to get Tao Meows thoughts on the dark elixir. 

Coffee's been good to me man. 

addon> Actually there was a point here. These posts over the years, the good, bad, insightful, stupid.. they reflect where I was, what I was thinking, high points, low points.  My 13 years of posts diary my life.. a bit.  And that's invaluable.  If this site ever went down I'd lose alot, because I wrote alot.  

Some traditions preach leaving no trail.  While I respect that, its not my way.  I like retracing my footsteps, remembering nostalgic echoes of days past.   

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Yeah, I started drinking coffee when I was eleven years old and haven't grown tired of it yet.

PS  I did grab myself another cup of coffee while you were doing your search.

• Haha 1

Nothing specific that I learned, but more the people that I met, chatted with and made connections.  Looking back, this is the most important aspect of any hobby or activity I do.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3

I've learned many things here and throughout my life from teachers and friends.

Also, I cultivated many aspects of myself.

Of all the things that I actively seeked, I feel that nothing is invaluable. Except coffee, of course.

Edited by Cheshire Cat
  • Like 1

I have learned that I should not talk politics on a spirituality based forum.

But I seem to be having problems with applying what I have learned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

more the people that I met, chatted with and made connections.

Same here, the people I met.

Sometimes great transformation is possible just due to the people we associate with.  I also find a vibrancy in this forum unlike many others I have seen online.

• Like 4

I've learnt tonnes of stuff.  But whether I implement it, is another matter...

The best thing for me of daobums is feeling supported when I ask a question respectfully about a relevant topic. 

I hope that the "elder" daobums stick around many more years to share their unique wisdom that this current generation often does not have the privelege to learn.

And hope that the daobum newcomers don't be shy to share their stories and struggles, because doing so not only helps others but helps yourself.

GL

• Like 2