Sign in to follow this  
dust

Aaand... another election

Yes. Certain groups of Muslims are trying to do that, and it is scary.

But again... a certain group of Buddhists were doing something very similar, and going pretty far, only a few decades ago.

Before this comes up: yes, I do realize the differences in Buddhist vs Islamic scripture! No, Buddhism was not created by a fanatical warlord; yes, Islam does offer scripture that positively glorifies dying in battle in the name of Allah. And the scripture itself should be taken into account, and on that level Buddhism is clearly superior in every aspect. But when it comes to human implementation of a belief system, the fail can be pretty bad either way. And so can the win. We should be offering Muslims the way to win (i.e. find a better way of life), not telling them they're all scum because they haven't apostatized yet.

Since the topic of religion has surfaced, here is the problem with fundamentalist religion, in general. Right wing fundamentalist Christianity is a real problem here in the US.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141765777

In a video clip posted online by Right Wing Watch, Richardson said:

“In my opinion, when you see the rage of Satan directed against something, that’s usually evidence that God is involved because Satan is enraged in that which God is doing in the Earth and yes, there’s a lot of rage and Donald Trump and I’ll be honest: I wrestled through a lot of issues during the early part of the campaign.

But, I’ve become solidly convinced in my spirit that the Lord is using this administration. He’s doing something quite powerful. And it’s for that reason that the rage of Satan ― this irrational rage of Satan ― is so directed toward this man.”

I'll sum them up for you

I'll look into the links.

Of course you could find many more examples about the atrocities perpetrated by Muslims

Exactly.

Right wing fundamentalist Christianity is a real problem here in the US.

But Islam isn't...? Really, give this a minute to sink in...

Not saying I agree with all this - and I will NEVER vote Tory .... but:

Sure, it could very well be that the French are incredibly dumb and actually want a Bilderberg Rothschild puppet who welcomes in the people that are attacking his country <- all not false.

• Like 1

Le Pen needs to win...her loss is the impending loss of France to Islamism.

Really, how long this rhetoric have been said for the past 30 years? And according to you what has changed with the invasion of Islam in France?

Really, how long this rhetoric have been said for the past 30 years? And according to you what has changed with the invasion of Islam in France?

I'm unaware of the 30 years thing.

The invasion is slow, but sure. What's different today than in the past? Here you go:

I am curious -- what are the French taught in school about Charles Martel, Pepin or Charlemagne?

Well, the British election has come and gone and while it has made little impact outside of the country, inside, there have been some pretty significant changes for us Brits.

As with any election there have been a few bloody noses, beyond that of Teresa May's.

Alex Salmond, the greatest proponent of a second Scottish Independent referendum, lost his seat to a Conservative (!).

Nick Clegg, who took the Liberal Democrats from 57 seats in 2010 to 8 in 2015 by going into coalition with the Conservatives, has also lost his seat.

And Teresa May who called for the election in order to increase her majority, has instead gone backwards.

Why? Well, there are a number of reasons, but my favourite is the performance given by Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the Labour Party, who has managed to lead the party to its greatest increase in percentage popularity since 1945.

And he did this with an incredibly left wing manifesto which included high taxes for the rich and the renationalisation of the railway. The main demographic that these policies appealed to were the young and there was a 72% turn out of the electorate in the 18-24 age bracket (!).

These policies were in total opposition to the Blairite ones of 'New Labour' who always aimed to take the middle ground.

These left wing views are also the reason why Mr Corbyn has had to take on a leadership challenge and has struggled to fill positions in his cabinet because, despite massive grass roots support, few of his own MP's actually support him.

However, May's own campaign was also poorly run.

So what next? The Conservatives are still the largest party, but they don't have a majority any more. In the next few months there could be a challenge to May's leadership or even another general election.

And all this with Brexit negotiations starting in a few days time.

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this