Sign in to follow this  
chefeddiebull

The Secret behind the Secret

Hello thinking people. My name is Eddie Bull and I'm a pseudonym. I have another one and his name is Swami Guru Yogi Bare a Boo Boo. Not just pseudonyms, branding projects too. And then there's me, Barrie. Have you ever noticed that every loser, stupid, character on TV is called Barrie? So just call me Al.

My interests are living a good life, comedy, esoteric philosophy, comparative religion study, and everything else. I am particularly interested in the current Human condition. To that end I focus on early Greek philosophy and the Enlightenment period. Natural Law, The Social Contract, all that stuff makes me roll around in laughter.

Sir Michael Caine, OK actor and nice guy said today in an interview "I would rather be a poor master than a rich servant. Very profound, I wonder if he stole from someone?

As for the title of this post, it's a title for a book I am writing whose actual title is undetermined. It refers to a book written by Rhonda Byrne "The Secret." It became a multi-billion dollar industry and is complete bull hockey of course. I have a chapter explaining that.

I am inspired at the moment by Sadhguru, founder of the Isha foundation, that guy cracks me up. I was reading a reply to a post that references Sadhguru by a member called GrandmasterP, so I wanted to try and connect with that dude as I liked his words.

I'm 12, no wait I'm 58 and labelled by Society as a Disabled Veteran, but that's a whole different story,

Peace~ 

• Like 3

Hello chefeddiebull, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi AI,

I have a lot of labels too.  Well, your interests in "everything else" should keep you entertained for a while.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Welcome!

I'd share the secret handshake but I'm not authorized...

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Hi Al,

It may cheer you up that there is actually a superhero on TV called Barry Allen, better known as the Flash! :) - Alright, he does get his share of crap, but he's definitely no loser.

But I'll be happy to call you Al if you prefer.

Welcome to TDB!

• Like 1

And John Barrie wrote Peter Pan.  The secret behind the secret?  Sprinkle yourself in fairy dust and think happy thoughts.

I've been working with a Guided Meditation that does just that (one of Kim Walsh's), after relaxation, the sky darkens, the stars fall and fill you with shiny sparkle dust that light up your endorphins and put a smile on your face.  Will it make you happy 24/7 no, but it feels good while your listening.  Maybe trains you a little to be happier, a bit.  

But reality is tough nut to crack and wishes are not fishes.  A good attitude does wonders, but only goes so far.  

• Like 1

My teacher used to sprinkle star dust on me each time to finish off the energy work he did while I was in seated meditation, now I do it for my students.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this