Sign in to follow this  
Bindi

All energy is equal?

Interesting discussion.  I resisted posting earlier as I wanted to see the views of others.

The discussion is of energy.  Everything is energy.  Most things of the manifest universe are different in some aspect or another so we must assume that the energy of those things is somehow different.

Chi is energy unmanifested.  I hold to the concept that there are two aspects of Chi; that of the universe and that of all living things.

That energy of all living things I normally call our personal Chi.  Each individual's Chi is different in some aspect (variation of Yin and Yang).

So in answer to the topic question:  Is all energy equal? my answer is:  No.

However, it may be said that all Universal energy is the same.  I think it must be.  Always.  A perfect balance of Yin and Yang.

• Like 1

...and I thought resistance was futile since we would be assimilated?  (then again Johh Luc came back didn't he)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

While I would agree relative to the hindu framework of "Self", this concept is not accurate relative to the "One" in taoism.  The one emerges from the Dao and is not limited to (or locked in) like the Self. The One can change residing in the Dao. Additionally, this concept does not map to buddhism as emptiness and the dharmakaya of a buddha has no such limitations. No such thing as fixed energy.

Jeff, It sounds like you are changing what I said namely, "the "One" can not gain or loose from the One". thus I did not say from the Tao which as the text of the TTC. and as you recount - the One emerges (or is "born") from Tao,  and in my understanding and interpretation the One also returns to the Tao.

• Like 2

Jeff, It sounds like you are changing what I said namely, "the "One" can not gain or loose from the One". thus I did not say from the Tao which as the text of the TTC. and as you recount - the One emerges (or is "born") from Tao,  and in my understanding and interpretation the One also returns to the Tao.

Not trying to change what you are saying at all.  Just disagreeing with the premise that all energy is fixed, or that it needs to be some zero sum game.  And specifically stating that it is not the case in either Taoism or Buddhism.

...as for there being a Buddhist mapping in some way (?) to recent posts -  there is the Tibetan "Wheel of Life" and all that is contained or under its law cannot really gain or lose within or from that wheel, per my understanding anyway and since binding by the wheel must be overcome.

• Like 1

...as for there being a Buddhist mapping in some way (?) to recent posts -  there is the Tibetan "Wheel of Life" and all that is contained or under its law cannot really gain or lose within or from that wheel, per my understanding anyway and since binding by the wheel must be overcome.

The bhavachakra ("wheel of life") is held by a guy called "impermanence".  Additionally, buddha stands outside of the wheel, pointing to the moon which represents nirvana (which is also outside of the wheel).  In pureland buddhism, the entire pureland itself stands outside of the wheel of life.

The One throw a dice, 6 possibilities, all are equal and have same change to happen. After 38 times there have been 10 6's, 10 4's... But there eventually is a change that everything balances out and the game over because all are balanced and see the truth at the same time.

The One throw a dice, 6 possibilities, all are equal and have same change to happen. After 38 times there have been 10 6's, 10 4's... But there eventually is a change that everything balances out and the game over because all are balanced and see the truth at the same time.

The TTC would disagree a little with your point...

THIRTY-FIVE

Everyone is drawn to those who keep to the one,

For there lie rest and happiness and peace.

Passersby may stop for music and good food,

But it is not possible to describe the Tao.

Without substance or flavor, It cannot be seen, it cannot be heard,

And yet it cannot be exhausted.

The one with its limited and fixed game, is not the same as the Tao...

also the impermanence. Things appear from one hole, and disappear into another, while going through multiple existences.

The bhavachakra ("wheel of life") is held by a guy called "impermanence".  Additionally, buddha stands outside of the wheel, pointing to the moon which represents nirvana (which is also outside of the wheel).  In pureland buddhism, the entire pureland itself stands outside of the wheel of life.

it depends on a view you use. Its also nirvana is not a place nor location.

it depends on a view you use. Its also nirvana is not a place nor location.

I agree that nirvana is not a place or location, but what view do you mean?  Buddha is pretty consistent on such things.

I agree that nirvana is not a place or location, but what view do you mean?  Buddha is pretty consistent on such things.

you can make anything to be correct, there is no wrong views view. Or nothing needs to be repaired nor fixed. Anything can be made funny too, it depend show you look it.

you can make anything to be correct, there is no wrong views view. Or nothing needs to be repaired nor fixed. Anything can be made funny too, it depend show you look it.

Ok. Fair enough.  I agree many differing views. :) 

agreed, as long as we can eat an upside down cake with the downside up ;)

Infidel!!!

Oh, wait...

Yeah, we're good.

• Like 3

I'm trying to understand why sexual energy would be considered to be the same as spiritual energy (or kundalini energy), or why all energies would be considered to be the same, I don't understand the concept without resorting to ideas like transmutation or refinement, which would make them not the same?

it can be same, you need to stimulate that area for particles and mental image or scene rises for other kind of sensation.

eyes can trigger the water flow, then that kind of process is not the particle and mental image. But still it is also not possible to avoid.

the third thing the surge of energy, it happen in dream while lucid. So the regular ordinary O is there is a lucidness but it happens real quick.

so if you celibate, then lucid dream happen with happy ending, while no fluids happen(or little).

three processes. With ordinary human style you have three in succession in a very short time. If you follow natural path then these occur on different days, times, longer time, because there are other places and things to go through also what ordinary style will be not witnessed or experienced, because it is too fast.

to sum it up, lucid dream is a important factor somehow. Also you can transmit "lucid dream" but it is ina shape of a information, it has movement in it or function, to other person.

Edited by allinone

Let us not forget that the universe is dynamic, constantly changing.  Therefore the energy of the universe must be constantly changing.  And we know our moods are constantly changing.

• Like 1

Matter is just energy vibrating at a lower frequency (within a specific range).

Immortal spirit would be a slightly differentiated yet at higher frequency than "your or me"..

What I've experienced is that it is all a continuum...we are just a continuum of a cloud of energy, where then bodies etc are just more dense clouds than that which exists in nature.

EDIT: clarification -- by immortal spirit I mean the daoist spiritual embryo type concept, not Atman

If you are correct and a created immortal spirit remains differentiated from the 'One', then the immortal spirit remains dualistic, and just a stage towards non-duality?

• Like 2

If you are correct and a created immortal spirit remains differentiated from the 'One', then the immortal spirit remains dualistic, and just a stage towards non-duality?

That's my understanding.

• Like 2

That's my understanding.

Interesting theory. Are you somehow differentiating an "immortal" from what you are calling an "immortal spirit"? Or are you saying that an immortal is dualistic (and hence in your view unrealized)?

• Like 1

lots of speculations - 

maybe the knife is sharp enough already? Btw, a knife will break when used as a pry bar.

• Like 1

lots of speculations - 

maybe the knife is sharp enough already? Btw, a knife will break when used as a pry bar.

I use thinking mind as much as possible, and if it moves inside, the new pattern looks delicious. The topic is a object of contemplation. After hours of thinking the mode changes into a different type and it looks like trolling, but it is not :=)

There is yinyang. One is recessive and The One is dominating. it could be that the yang is recessive and Yin is dominating.

If there is only one, then it has no name, if there come the other then the one gets a name.

Edited by allinone

Sign in to follow this