mindtooloud

Shortcut to enlightenment

Practice until you have only the skin and a bit of flesh clinging to your bare bones. That will make sure you'll have gone past the delusion of the body.

Don't forget to smile in the meantime. :)

does practicing involve fasting?

Some "shortcuts"

cut out ALL media from your life

eat only real food

refrain from activities that damage you

i like your post, could you talk more about real food?

your words are so complicated and im uneducated, i will just assume that you are trying to say mcdonalds is god

Seems a silly assumption to me but it's your assumption so...

<shrug>

Just for good measure, though, let me try again.

A shortcut to where?

A shortcut compared to what?

What's the rush?

• Like 1

Immortality, of course.

(I've heard that the shortcut involves blue food)

Immortality... And then what? Just sit around being all immortal and shit?

• Like 6

Seems a silly assumption to me but it's your assumption so...

<shrug>

Just for good measure, though, let me try again.

A shortcut to where?

A shortcut compared to what?

What's the rush?

i don't really know, i just wanted to make a post so i thought id include the word enlightenment; i don't know what enlightenment is but to me it is unlocking a humans full potential (telapathy telekenesis astral projection etc)

again i'm not really looking for a shortcut i just wanted to make a post, but i was wondering how i could speed up the process because im going at a very slow pace, im basically so weak willed i cant even sit and meditate i get distracted,

and there is no rush really, i guess im just tired of being part of a plebeian society who don't use their full potentials,

also i acknowledge how stupid i am

• Like 1

What would be a likely destination then, in your view? 

The final destination in my view would be some esoteric truism such as embodying one's divine self and at the same time being at one with the source, but this destination might be dimly conceived at first, as more homely and down to earth steps would be needed initially.

Lesser destinations such as psychological health and ego awareness would seem more appropriate to me when starting out.

• Like 2

i don't really know, i just wanted to make a post so i thought id include the word enlightenment; i don't know what enlightenment is but to me it is unlocking a humans full potential (telapathy telekenesis astral projection etc)

again i'm not really looking for a shortcut i just wanted to make a post, but i was wondering how i could speed up the process because im going at a very slow pace, im basically so weak willed i cant even sit and meditate i get distracted,

and there is no rush really, i guess im just tired of being part of a plebeian society who don't use their full potentials,

also i acknowledge how stupid i am

That admission alone is worthy of commendation. Some who are presumed to have been in the spiritual game for numbers of ears cant yet tell the difference between distraction and non-distraction, nor willing to openly declare that they are prone to bouts of mindless wanderings even when they are assumed to be in deep meditative states. Which is why i think its not what happens during meditation, but after one concludes the practice that progress is gauged with some sort of accuracy.  

Do you ask yourself, btw, the question whether a strong-will is a prerequisite for being an impeccable meditator? If so, what are other associated traits you can think of? Also, do you believe mightily that a weak will actually obstructs spiritual growth, or is it your designated interpretation of what constitutes 'weak will' that is the probable obstacle?

Assuming that you were to enlarge the definition to perhaps include motive, causes and inclinations, and ways to become more aware of these as and when they arise, or when you notice that your perception takes on a negative feel whenever that thought or associated terminologies comes to mind, similar, for example, to your assessment above, will you perhaps rethink the image you have of yourself in this particular regard? 

• Like 2

The final destination in my view would be some esoteric truism such as embodying one's divine self and at the same time being at one with the source, but this destination might be dimly conceived at first, as more homely and down to earth steps would be needed initially.

Lesser destinations such as psychological health and ego awareness would seem more appropriate to me when starting out.

at this juncture, what do you see as a significant difference/s between one who knows that they are one with source, and one whose knowledge of this is absent? 

In the matter of the embodiment of one's divine self, where do you most notice the separation, for example, at which level? Is it more so on the physical level? Psychological? Subconscious level? Perhaps a dynamic interplay of all these at various points of being seen in the ebbs and flows of awareness? 

• Like 2

Understanding that enlightenment is the end of suffering and that suffering ends when you live with extreme detachment from your experiences...

... to live in a graveyard would be a shortcut of some sort.

• Like 2

i don't know what enlightenment is but to me it is unlocking a humans full potential (telapathy telekenesis astral projection etc)

this definition of enlightenment is too narrow, from where i am looking. is like saying food is bread and carrots and discard all the rest. so if one would be looking for food and come across a basket of apples, would keep going by it, searching for carrots.

i was wondering how i could speed up the process because im going at a very slow pace, im basically so weak willed i cant even sit and meditate i get distracted,

try to understand this: everything that you can perceive (see, hear, sense, think, feel, imagine, etc) or conceptualize is not I AM. I AM is what's left, beyond the gates of perception and prior to concepts.

• Like 1

That admission alone is worthy of commendation. Some who are presumed to have been in the spiritual game for numbers of ears cant yet tell the difference between distraction and non-distraction, nor willing to openly declare that they are prone to bouts of mindless wanderings even when they are assumed to be in deep meditative states. Which is why i think its not what happens during meditation, but after one concludes the practice that progress is gauged with some sort of accuracy.  

Do you ask yourself, btw, the question whether a strong-will is a prerequisite for being an impeccable meditator? If so, what are other associated traits you can think of? Also, do you believe mightily that a weak will actually obstructs spiritual growth, or is it your designated interpretation of what constitutes 'weak will' that is the probable obstacle?

Assuming that you were to enlarge the definition to perhaps include motive, causes and inclinations, and ways to become more aware of these as and when they arise, or when you notice that your perception takes on a negative feel whenever that thought or associated terminologies comes to mind, similar, for example, to your assessment above, will you perhaps rethink the image you have of yourself in this particular regard? 

i asked my self if strong will was a (insert big word here) to being  (insert big word here) meditator, and the answer i came up with was "yes but to a certain extent,"

if i can't will my self to sit down and meditate atleast once a day ( i do like once a week sometimes less) then i think having a weak will is part of the problem, 

hmmm "obstructs spiritual growth"  or "weak will' that is the probable obstacle", 

i think strong will opens path to spiritual growth but i dont think it obstructs it, 

as for weak will being the obstacle, its isn't i think, its more like i just have to train my will to be stronger, but i dont have the will to train my will, 

the image i displayed above of being stupid isnt my self image, its simply how others see me and i play along with it so we're not arguing whether im stupid or not, and actually arguing about the point im trying to get through, i think im fairly intelligent.

Understanding that enlightenment is the end of suffering and that suffering ends when you live with extreme detachment from your experiences...

... to live in a graveyard would be a shortcut of some sort.

but in the graves angels beat us if we are not muslim, so best to be muslim

this definition of enlightenment is too narrow, from where i am looking. is like saying food is bread and carrots and discard all the rest. so if one would be looking for food and come across a basket of apples, would keep going by it, searching for carrots.

well i did say etc

try to understand this: everything that you can perceive (see, hear, sense, think, feel, imagine, etc) or conceptualize is not I AM. I AM is what's left, beyond the gates of perception and prior to concepts.

very complicated, i got like maybe 5-15%

well i did say etc

very complicated, i got like maybe 5-15%

^^^He is saying that the complete Self is not found with the senses but without the senses, in the in-between spaces.

^^^He is saying that the complete Self is not found with the senses but without the senses, in the in-between spaces.

which senses? the five that we are taught in school?

but in the graves angels beat us if we are not muslim, so best to be muslim

Muslims don't have guarantees for paradise according to Islam... unless they die fighting non-muslims.

So best to stay away from muslims.

i asked my self if strong will was a (insert big word here) to being  (insert big word here) meditator, and the answer i came up with was "yes but to a certain extent,"

if i can't will my self to sit down and meditate atleast once a day ( i do like once a week sometimes less) then i think having a weak will is part of the problem, 

hmmm "obstructs spiritual growth"  or "weak will' that is the probable obstacle", 

i think strong will opens path to spiritual growth but i dont think it obstructs it, 

as for weak will being the obstacle, its isn't i think, its more like i just have to train my will to be stronger, but i dont have the will to train my will, 

the image i displayed above of being stupid isnt my self image, its simply how others see me and i play along with it so we're not arguing whether im stupid or not, and actually arguing about the point im trying to get through, i think im fairly intelligent.

so in your understanding, those who fall short of the criteria (of meditating at least once a day) are lazy and weak-willed, a sloth to be condemned to eternal non-enlightenment? 

Edited by C T

i asked my self if strong will was a (insert big word here) to being (insert big word here) meditator, and the answer i came up with was "yes but to a certain extent,"

hmmm "obstructs spiritual growth" or "weak will' that is the probable obstacle",

I don't think anyone here considers you to be stupid, my friend. At least, I certainly don't; I think it is obvious that you are more than fairly intelligent. I must point out, though, that the intellect gets in the way during the pursuit of something beyond intellect. The grasping, struggling rational mind seeks to make sense of the information delivered to it by the physical senses -- not just the five most are taught about in school but the many others we possess in addition to those. The rational mind wants to take all this data and put them in an arrangement which fits with what the rational mind has already decided is "reality." For most people, for most of their lives, the rational mind is in charge and it decides what "makes sense" -- and it labels anything which doesn't fit as illusion or insanity or one of several other adjectives intended to dismiss and reject these extra puzzle pieces.

If you start putting together a jigsaw puzzle with the belief that it is a picture of a tiger and throw away the pieces which include feathers, you might decide the puzzle is incomplete. If, on the other hand, you approach the puzzle with no idea what it is supposed to be and just let the pieces fit together as they will, you may find it is an eagle or a swan or an angel or a chicken. The rational mind doesn't like that approach...

• Like 4

That doesn't sound too bad, actually.

I'm at the point where I don't actually "want" anything. So it is more a point of simply balancing things. There is no "ooooo I want to do this". I would guess that the shift in how you relate to space, time, and the 10,000 things would make it such that you wouldn't be "do"-ing anything in the typical sense of the word. You would be being. And through being wholly whole, as you are, all that would ever need to be done will happen pretty much on its own.

But it's a long path---even if there were a shortcut. So I don't think I'd have to worry about sitting around being all immortal and shit---and, even if that were all there was left to do, at least I wouldn't be bored.

Doesn't sound like your desired destination is immortality but instead wholeness and balance. Some might say the former is sort of a side-effect of the latter. I suppose that is ultimately where the road leads but, personally, I'm enjoying the journey enough to be in no hurry to get to the end. In a way, it's like finding one's self in a familiar play wonderfully performed -- I may know the next lines and how the final scene ends but each performance is unique and special so why anticipate the curtain?
  • Like 1

at this juncture, what do you see as a significant difference/s between one who knows that they are one with source, and one whose knowledge of this is absent? 

In the matter of the embodiment of one's divine self, where do you most notice the separation, for example, at which level? Is it more so on the physical level? Psychological? Subconscious level? Perhaps a dynamic interplay of all these at various points of being seen in the ebbs and flows of awareness? 

When I can say I have entered the UDT I will be a whole lot closer to my ultimate destination.

There have been many barriers and challenges on my journey from the LDT to the UDT, psychological, subconscious, egoic, right now the barrier seems energetic, but it might be something different just around the corner.

When I can say I have entered the UDT I will be a whole lot closer to my ultimate destination.

There have been many barriers and challenges on my journey from the LDT to the UDT, psychological, subconscious, egoic, right now the barrier seems energetic, but it might be something different just around the corner.

Do you perhaps have some intuitive sense of what this 'something different' might be, and if you do, what sort of imagery does reflecting on it conjure, or are you merely anticipating that more barriers lie in wait? 

• Like 1

Do you perhaps have some intuitive sense of what this 'something different' might be, and if you do, what sort of imagery does reflecting on it conjure, or are you merely anticipating that more barriers lie in wait? 

I perceive a number of markers that have to be passed on the way, and though I have passed some many remain ahead.  

The way forward tends to always be a surprise to me though, and what I think or imagine it will be tends to fall far short of the lived reality.

Most of the time I have not expected any barriers and instead naively imagined a simple straightforward path ahead, but then another barrier or challenge or change of tack appears, so experience now tells me that another barrier or challenge is most likely.

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 1

I perceive a number of markers that have to be passed on the way, and though I have passed some many remain ahead.  

The way forward tends to always be a surprise to me though, and what I think or imagine it will be tends to fall far short of the lived reality.

Most of the time I have not expected any barriers and instead naively imagined a simple straightforward path ahead, but then another barrier or challenge or change of tack appears, so experience now tells me that another barrier or challenge is most likely.

So, what motivates you to keep going?  

Do you at times feel exhausted.. anxious... dejected? Any subtle/gross sensations of a knotted solar plexus? 

If it was easy, everyone would be there. 

Short cuts tend to equal short term.

On the plus side,

a little better

a little wiser

isn't so hard.

• Like 1