Brian

Things that Go Bump in the Night

Some may remember that I posted recently in TaoMeow's survey thread about hungry ghosts an anecdote about ghostly footsteps. Rather than clutter that thread with an update, I thought I'd open a new thread.

My wife currently has an injured wrist and applies heat each night at bedtime. We have this excellent little microwavable heat-pack which has a bright green felt sleeve that goes over it. As the pack cools, she often removes the sleeve to get the last bit of warmth from it, and both pack & sleeve invariably wind up in the bed.

A few nights ago, we were getting ready for bed and I was going to take the pack to heat it up for her. I found the pack but not the sleeve and she chided me about never being able to find anything. So we looked together. We even stripped the covers off the bed and shook them, looked under the bed, inside the pillow cases, on the dresser, in the adjacent bathroom, etc.

I took the naked pack with me downstairs in order to heat it after taking a shower. She went into an upstairs bathroom to get ready for bed. While I was brushing my teeth post-shower, she called down to me. Please tell her I'd come back up while she was out of the bedroom! Nope, why?

That bright green felt sleeve was on top of the bedspread.

Ghostly practical joke? Being helpful? Time will tell.

This isn't the first time I've encountered this sort of phenomenon but it's the first time in this house.

EDIT: As an aside, it took me three tries (including a complete rewrite) and almost thirty minutes to get this posted.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 6

Brian, you are a scientist.  Shame on you.

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

;)

• Like 1

Hey Brian ,  I love posts like these.

My teacher experienced something similar.

He was at his new girlfriends house  and the young son was showing him this old coin he had found while he was recently on holiday. The kid trottied off to play at the other side of the room and next thing you know he is shouting about his coin being missing, his mam came in to see what the fuss was about and starts looking with him, getting more and more agitated with him.

He was sitting at the dinner table having his breakfast and the next thing you know the coin slammed down next to him on the table. didnt roll or anything just slaaam and its there. The mam starts shouting expletives thinking he had it all the time! haha

The area round the table went cold. She had her dads ashes in that house and there would often be photos of the dad and her son moved in the morning.

He went home that day and the next day he became ill for a week and they never saw each other again , no phone calls or break up just silence on both partners. This was the first time he had experienced something being took from this realm and then returned from theirs if I recall rightly. He always said her dad took his mojo as he was single for quite a while after that ! haha

I have to say it really bugs me when people tell you to dismiss it or ignore it ,just ;ike the beings appearing in meditation post, so interesting and people just shut the flow of posts down with just ignore it.

Doesnt really add to a post but kinda kills it IMO.

Edited by Bruce Qi
  • Like 3

If it happened to me,  I would think that not enough indicated a 'mystery' beyond  a fairly simple reason .  

Shaking the  bed spread and 'static electricity'  and   ......    post # 2   ....  should give you a hint     ;)  

• Like 1

If it happened to me, I would think that not enough indicated a 'mystery' beyond a fairly simple reason .

Shaking the bed spread and 'static electricity' and ...... post # 2 .... should give you a hint ;)

Seems a reasonable supposition. I went to length, though, to describe the object in question for a reason, as well as the effort the two of us put into looking for it. There is zero chance that we missed it in our search due to static cling on a fairly warm and relatively damp night with all cotton materials (the bedspread may have a polyfill stuffing, I guess) and less-than-zero chance (if you'll pardon the stretch) that neither of us noticed a bright green rectangle on top of the bedspread when we remade the bed together. It wasn't there when we left the room.

Not the first time I've had such an experience, BTW...

• Like 2

But then it might have been your wife messing with you.

She found it in the bathroom, put it on the bedspread then called you to see what your reaction would be.

What sort of light is in the room on the ceiling ? 

(At least there wasnt a kid present ... that of course, would have been wholly innocent of any trickery     ;)  )

You dont have a dog do you ?

Seems a reasonable supposition. I went to length, though, to describe the object in question for a reason, as well as the effort the two of us put into looking for it. There is zero chance that we missed it in our search due to static cling on a fairly warm and relatively damp night with all cotton materials (the bedspread may have a polyfill stuffing, I guess) and less-than-zero chance (if you'll pardon the stretch) that neither of us noticed a bright green rectangle on top of the bedspread when we remade the bed together. It wasn't there when we left the room.

Not the first time I've had such an experience, BTW...

But did the experience have other indicators  of 'unusualness'    ....   

I have had similar experiences myself , some seem isolated  and dont have 'other unusualness  ' about them, I have been able to figure it out ... or not .

here is an example of 'other unusual ness'   . I had a 'magical dagger' I often used in my daily pentagram ritual. I kept it in an old shoulder bag hanging on the back of the chair at my desk.  One time ... gone !   looked everywhere and thought of every possibility  - Nope.   Never touched the bag after, left it there . A week later, go to use the bag and dagger is inside.

Context ;  GF flipped out and trashed the house , then ran away.  Wrecked some of my stuff, I assumed she stole or hid  the dagger , Later she said she did not  .

Okay, probably lied and slipped it back in there later ..... BUT ... here is the thing; When I came home to find the mess I had someone with me, we were both freaking out about what had been done and I  ; "Oh - o ! My dagger !  .... gone ! "

Friend goes;   " She threw it through that window ! "   But the window was still closed . I asked her , "Do you mean she opened the window , threw the dagger outside and  then bothered to close the window again ?"

'No ... through the glass ."

" But the glass isnt broken ! "

"I know, I know .... but that is what I can  see in  my head ."

...     :blink:   Whatever. 

Later, when GF returned and I asked her about the dagger she said she never touched it  . Then she goes ,  "I was going to .... I was going to throw it through that window there and smash the glass ... but  I thought smashing windows was a bit much so I didnt do it . "  Later the dagger turned up . 

Okay she may have had it all the time , but how the hell did the other one know about that ?     So although it may not have been THAT mysterious about the dagger disappearing and reappearing, the 'through the window thing was curious' indeed  .

UNless women who are at odds with each other and want to  tear each others eyes out are secretly in collaboration against me ....  or all women are     :o

:D

... you need to keep your 'bedroom cam' going when you are not in the room     ;)

• Like 1

Since I came back from China, my study has been bombarding me with energy... I think there are better ways to say "I missed you".   I've not yet figured out what is going on yet... 

• Like 1

You have to be born with the propensity towards metaphysics.  Otherwise it is like asking a welder to talk about painting a picture.

Symbolic Star:

Heavenly doctor

Chinese names: TianYi / 天医

English names: Heaven Doctor, Heavenly Doctor,

Meaning:

For weak DM:
- weak DM without this star may become ill more often.

For strong DM:
- strong DM with this star may work in fields of medicine or metaphysics with success,
- strong DM with this star will have good health.

Edit: I liked the story, I just wanted to say sometimes not everyone seems in tune with what is said.  So, I understand the frustration.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Brain wait ! .....

You didnt tell me what sort of light was in the room . 

It is not impossible  that when the covers were shaken the bag cover flipped up to the ceiling, without you seeing that and landed on the light shade, then later slid off on to the bed.  Depending on what sort of light you have, that is . 

Cool story.

I've seen a saucer with a cup of Au jus slide across a wood counter-top before, unaided. (meaning no strings or by any material means) And I was the only human in the vicinity..

There's more to it, but I'll leave it at that.

Edited by maheosphet