Shad282

Energy Feeling and Pain Around the Heart.

Thanks a lot for your post mvingon, for speaking up the way you feel it right to do so.

My point was simple and boiled down this: internet forums are not the good place to receive a diagnosis for any condition (not to mention some pain around the Heart). First things first, consult a doctor.This is common sense.

It became nonsense to me when it appeared that the pain was here for a year and that the poster was coming here sharing and asking questions *for fun*. I am sorry guys, this is irresponsible.This what I am saying.If you have a problem with the way I put it, I am sorry and I can see how it could only trigger the anger and the disgust I inspire you.

I am OK with whatever you think about me, and I sincerely hope you will find relief as I hope Shad will take care of himself.

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 1

@mvingon: since you obviously took for yourself something that was written for another, I will add that if your medical conditions are related to your family relationships, it confirms that children should become independent (financially, emotionally, spiritually) early enough. No parent is good enough to be allowed to have such importance into her children's life.

No child deserves to be abused by her parents. Parents should know when to stay away, children should know when to go away.

A lot of things can be done to heal yourself, which you are probably aware of, I would also include healing parental relationships.

Take care

• Like 1

No one suggested this but due to Awaken, I realized that one can focus in a different ways. Not just focus...Focus can have quality.

That one can focus hard and softly/delicately/gently.  Encountering pain can cause someone focus hard.

I found focusing softly/delicately/gently on tensions seems to help. And focusing hard on pain probably does not seem to help, it is like digging a greater hole.

So you could try that on pain...

Edited by centertime
  • Like 1

No one suggested this but due to Awaken, I realized that one can focus in a different ways. Not just focus...Focus can have quality.

That one can focus hard and softly/delicately/gently.  Encountering pain can cause someone focus hard.

I found focusing softly/delicately/gently on tensions seems to help. And focusing hard on pain probably does not seem to help, it is like digging a greater hole.

So you could try that on pain...

yes, that is the kind of response i was looking for, the quality/genuine focus in terms of awareness experience. thank you, the more you can provide information, or link to me sources, would be grateful ! 

Happy new year !!

Edited by Shad282

yes, that is the kind of response i was looking for, the quality/genuine focus in terms of awareness experience. thank you, the more you can provide information, or link to me sources, would be grateful ! 

Happy new year !!

Awaken has a post...

"The mind of cultivation should not be too tense or too stretch

The way that fall into two poles is not middle way"

As I interpret focus should not be too tense...

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/42712-what-is-wu-wei/?p=726234

There is also "open focus" which use focus in a different way... E.g focus can be wide and narrow. That can make some difference. Also, there is a strategy of focusing on empty space between pain or organ , instead of concentrating on pain itself.

Attitude/intention (loving/healing..etc) behind of focus can affect its result....

Edited by centertime

thank you for your information, i guess you are right, but how to cope up with all of this arising and blockages healing? i always end up in pain and want to avoid it :/

You couldn't have been more spot-on with the description of the problem, of actually a very profound and widespread root of suffering.

Suffering is resistance to pain.

Once you become able to accept the pain of the process, the next important step is to not attach to the concept, or you might perpetuate the pain because you associate healing with it.

Basically, experience and accept everything and don't weave a story about it. If your mind does that habitually, don't mind. Let it pass when it is time for it to pass.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 3

You couldn't have been more spot-on with the description of the problem, of actually a very profound and widespread root of suffering.

Suffering is resistance to pain.

Once you become able to accept the pain of the process, the next important step is to not attach to the concept, or you might perpetuate the pain because you associate healing with it.

Basically, experience and accept everything and don't weave a story about it. If your mind does that habitually, don't mind. Let it pass when it is time for it to pass.

Yes ! this :  "the next important step is to not attach to the concept, or you might perpetuate the pain because you associate healing with it."

how to know if the mind is conceptualizing the acceptance/allowing/ let go ? and to break free of it? 

Thank you!

how to know if the mind is conceptualizing the acceptance/allowing/ let go ? and to break free of it? 

Do not try to break free. That's part of the same problem.

Whether it happens you will know by passively observing (being aware of) your own thoughts, motives, expectations and intentions that drive your actions. If you can ask your mind why you are doing something and you get an explanation as response, that is indicating conceptualization. It is useful to not fight it because it can give you inisight. You are not supposed to make the patient shut up, but to let them show you the problem.

It needs to be a meditative approach where you practice a process in order to allow stuff to happen ... including nothing.

One common thing that causes problems is the mind trying to gain control over your feelings, thus interfering with an important, authentic feedback process. That feedback is not so much for you as it is for the whole universe.

• Like 1

Do not try to break free. That's part of the same problem.

Whether it happens you will know by passively observing (being aware of) your own thoughts, motives, expectations and intentions that drive your actions. If you can ask your mind why you are doing something and you get an explanation as response, that is indicating conceptualization. It is useful to not fight it because it can give you inisight. You are not supposed to make the patient shut up, but to let them show you the problem.

It needs to be a meditative approach where you practice a process in order to allow stuff to happen ... including nothing.

One common thing that causes problems is the mind trying to gain control over your feelings, thus interfering with an important, authentic feedback process. That feedback is not so much for you as it is for the whole universe.

yes exactly what i was looking for, and yes the mind is able also to gain control over the feelings and emulate feelings that are not genuine, which make it difficult to actually verify conceptualization of the state. and as you meditate more and grow in consciousness and awareness, the mind skills and abilities improve and its ability to use its function in your developed state of awareness. 

now, i m trying to anchor more and more my awareness and focus with breath before and sometimes when scanning the body, and sometimes when observing the thoughts. Also, i m trying to be aware of my own awareness, which will allow to easier to notice that you are not your thoughts.

Also, i m trying not to focus for a long period on one place because the mind becomes dull and so conceptualizes what u are doing. so i keep moving my awareness, so i have a long period with awareness.

Thanks.

yes exactly what i was looking for

Red alert! ;-)

and yes the mind is able also to gain control over the feelings and emulate feelings that are not genuine, which make it difficult to actually verify conceptualization of the state.

At the core all feelings are genuine and created by the mind, but if you generate them based on conscious concepts then you pile more on top while you'll want to shrink the stack so you can experience the emotions you suppressed and get over those experiences.

Also, i m trying not to focus for a long period on one place because the mind becomes dull and so conceptualizes what u are doing. so i keep moving my awareness, so i have a long period with awareness.

You are running away from conceptualization. That's no solution. In a way the mind should actually dull.

Candle meditation is a valid technique for a reason. You focus on nothing but the candle flame and no matter what happens internally you keep doing that. You calm the mind through acceptance of anything that emerges. That process is discipline. The result is effortlessness. You are not doing it to become better at not-thinking. That might occur on its own, after you've managed to do a good job with the candle meditation. Which is really non-doing, so don't try to become better at it. Often people are excellent at it and then get worse.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 2