Sign in to follow this  
Owledge

Spiritual awakening is...

Everything is a choice and must be a choice. I find it difficult to believe anyone could stumble upon knowledge, but certainly there maybe some very strange routes to getting there.

Good thing, then, that this has nothing to do with knowledge. (-:

• Like 1

Good thing, then, that this has nothing to do with knowledge. (-:

what has nothing to do with knowledge ?

what has nothing to do with knowledge ?

What we've been talking about. Well, the rest of us anyway. Never mind & thanks for the conversation! Peace out. (-:

on second thought... na

And as I watched, he jumped on his horse and rode off in all directions.

(-:

• Like 2

who is Russell Brand?

do you mean Russell Brand as in sweatshirt/tshirt company?

and gee would you just look at all the information just from the spiritual awakening topic....

what is a tweet.

I do not even know twitter.

I think when I read here I am sensing something in me........a little bit this and a little bit that.

not sure.

words do not convey feelings at times

I was serious about the owl and the stop sign....in real time not cartoon picture BUT

in the context of this forum and this topic and that anything out of my mouth will be railroaded by complete wiseguys.....oh wait let me tone it down a bit...

not railroaded..but there sure as shit not much room for dialogue ----

not really.

why would I begin to offer up any thoughts regarding spiritual awakening.?

and I have my answer for that.

Edited by sagebrush

who is Russell Brand?

do you mean Russell Brand as in sweatshirt/tshirt company?

He is a comedian / actor, been in a few films, probably more famous for getting divorsed from the pop singer Katy Perry. For a while he started going on about a spiritual awakening in the sense of a kind of political consciousness type shift which was about being involved in grass roots activism and taking on big corporations and business while also doing things like Yoga and meditation. You could call that a spiritual type shift of some sort but I wouldn't call it the same thing as spiritual awakening as most modern spiritual teachers describe it

What we've been talking about. Well, the rest of us anyway. Never mind & thanks for the conversation! Peace out. (-:

How can you discuss something if you have no knowledge of it ?

These are basic questions because you have assumed knowledge of something and then deny that you have any ? What's it to be ? It cannot be true to say one has and has not any such knowledge.

This isn't new. It's called faith. Denying the mind because it's the mind and relying on feeling, intuition, or divine revelation.

These are basic questions because you have assumed knowledge of something and then deny that you have any ? What's it to be ? It cannot be true to say one has and has not any such knowledge.

This isn't new. It's called faith. Denying the mind because it's the mind and relying on feeling, intuition, or divine revelation.

There is a form of knowing beyond the mind, Buddhists and Hindu's call it "Prajna" or heart wisdom, direct insight into the truth of things 

"Prajña or Pragya (Sanskrit: प्रज्ञ) as प्रज्ञा, प्राज्ञ and प्राज्ञा is used to refer to the highest and purest form of wisdom, intelligence and understanding. Pragya is the state of wisdom which is higher than the knowledge obtained by reasoning and inference."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praj%C3%B1%C4%81_(Hinduism)

Paññā (Pāli) or prajñā (Sanskrit) "wisdom", is insight in the true nature of reality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praj%C3%B1%C4%81_(Buddhism)

• Like 2

There is a form of knowing beyond the mind, Buddhists and Hindu's call it "Prajna" or heart wisdom, direct insight into the truth of things 

"Prajña or Pragya (Sanskrit: प्रज्ञ) as प्रज्ञा, प्राज्ञ and प्राज्ञा is used to refer to the highest and purest form of wisdom, intelligence and understanding. Pragya is the state of wisdom which is higher than the knowledge obtained by reasoning and inference."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prajñā_(Hinduism)

Paññā (Pāli) or prajñā (Sanskrit) "wisdom", is insight in the true nature of reality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prajñā_(Buddhism)

That's intrincisism. I told you that it's the philosophers stone that you have to somehow feel and merge with.

This is to deny reason and deny the mind. It is a trick that has been used for thousands of years to own the souls of men. If you could see it you would run as fast as you could away from it. It's a magnetic attractor for those that doubt the power of their own minds, like the lure of an angler fish it promises salvation and an end of all doubt-and those who swim close enough are assured that they get exactly what they most desired.

"Look inside my mouth he cried, and all you children lost down many paths, you bet your life you'll walk inside. Hand in hand, gland in gland, with a spoonful of miracle. He's the guaranteed eternal sanctuary man"

People seem to spend much of their time discussing things of which they have no knowledge.
  • Like 1

That's intrincisism. I told you that it's the philosophers stone that you have to somehow feel and merge with.

This is to deny reason and deny the mind. It is a trick that has been used for thousands of years to own the souls of men. If you could see it you would run as fast as you could away from it. It's a magnetic attractor for those that doubt the power of their own minds, like the lure of an angler fish it promises salvation and an end of all doubt-and those who swim close enough are assured that they get exactly what they most desired.

"Look inside my mouth he cried, and all you children lost down many paths, you bet your life you'll walk inside. Hand in hand, gland in gland, with a spoonful of miracle. He's the guaranteed eternal sanctuary man"

Its not to deny the mind or reason at all, it is to transcend it, but as Ken Wilber says you transcend and include whatever you have transcended. So something wiser than the egoic mind is acknowledged and its intelligence utilised along with your own reason. It is to access a far wider and wiser intelligence than our own limited mind, which ultimately is liberating to the soul. The most imprisoning thing to the soul is to live exclusively in the prison of the conceptual mind.

• Like 3

People seem to spend much of their time discussing things of which they have no knowledge.

I've been accused of that before.

Its not to deny the mind or reason at all, it is to transcend it, but as Ken Wilber says you transcend and include whatever you have transcended. So something wiser than the egoic mind is acknowledged and its intelligence utilised along with your own reason. It is to access a far wider and wiser intelligence than our own limited mind, which ultimately is liberating to the soul. The most imprisoning thing to the soul is to live exclusively in the prison of the conceptual mind.

You are talking about concepts of wisdom, but you cannot develop wisdom if you don't have the confidence to own it. You already have the faculty that you are trying to find. Our minds aren't limited, this is the crux of the problem-you believe that to be true. The blurred image you see is not because your eyes don't work, but that you steadfastly refuse to focus them and then declare yourself blind. You are pronouncing yourself mentally disabled because you have a mind. You are blind because you have eyes and deaf because you have ears.

The mind isn't a prison, this is a conceptual deception, your mind is your only means of survival and the only means of happiness. Define prison and it's obvious. This is the same old weary false body mind dichotomy that has plagued man for hundreds of years and provides a good excuse for those who latch on to it. That the soul is trapped in a fleshy prison and needs liberating. There is only way to liberate it, to give up. This is the eerie lake which beckons and in it's cool depths awaits oblivion. Running towards oblivion won't avoid it.

"..transcend and include whatever you have transcended."

Yes. Both.

'Either/or' can be very hard to overcome.

Warmest regards

Edited by rene
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this