Sign in to follow this  
Golden Dragon Shining

Pentagon paid PR firm $540mn to make fake terrorist videos

mindtooloud, I'd just like to mention that the USA doesn't really come top of any lists concerning anything important.

10th for GDP (PPP); 22nd on the Freedom Index; 31st for life expectancy; 15th on the 'World Happiness Report'; etc

The wonderful USA is not the happiest, healthiest, richest, or most free.

Can you post a link with the rankings I would like to see them. Thanks!

mindtooloud, I'd just like to mention that the USA doesn't really come top of any lists concerning anything important.

10th for GDP (PPP); 22nd on the Freedom Index; 31st for life expectancy; 15th on the 'World Happiness Report'; etc

The wonderful USA is not the happiest, healthiest, richest, or most free.

how about you stop talking in the language that AMERICA gave you and go back to speaking in your chang wung way. I and all other Americans are offended by what you just said, how dare you claim we're not the most free country in the world?

no other country has citizens as free as ours, have you ever seen any other country where you can walk the streets feeling safe and not worrying???? ive been to middle east and it feels nothing like america, and from what i see in movies many women get raped in china, gosh i wouldn't wanna be a girl in china, nor a guy.

america is the place where you can fight for you right to legalize weed, do you see that any where else? hell people get murdered for having weed in other countries, 

in america the possibilities of what you can do are endless, so reconsider what you said, just because most people have low gpds doesnt mean we're opressed, it means we're progresing and we're on our way to te top, we are relatively a young country, look at karls british country, its existed for a lot longer than america, and it was never able to be a happy country, but us, 

we are getting there, and the more people have faith and hope in america the faster this will happen, but there are some people who think other wise and ruin it for the rest of us.

i hope this sheds some light on your misconception

Just looked at official rape numbers and China 31K and USA 84K

China is far more populous though so that would indicate rape is less common officially in China.

how about you stop talking in the language that AMERICA gave you and go back to speaking in your chang wung way. I and all other Americans are offended by what you just said, how dare you claim we're not the most free country in the world?

Did you mean Wang Chung?

China is far more populous though so that would indicate rape is less common officially in China.

you believe in all that official crap? i believe in what my government tells me through movies and news, and my government tells me rape polls arent too high, and everything that is possible to prevent it is being done

id delete your comment if this was in ppd for spreading false information

Edited by mindtooloud

you believe in all that official crap? i believe in what my government tells me through movies and news, and my government tells me rape polls arent too high, and everything that is possible to prevent it is being done

id delete your comment if this was in ppd for spreading false information

That's what wiki says and we aren't in PPD, we are in 'off topic', so you can jolly well shut the fuck up with your threats.

That's what wiki says and we aren't in PPD, we are in 'off topic', so you can jolly well shut the fuck up with your threats.

that wasnt a threat...and anyone can edit wiki pages

Edited by mindtooloud

not much point in arguing with the thoroughly propagandized, its been a nice relaxing long weekend.  I dont get it when people are shown unequivocal proof that they are wrong on something and then they act all black knightish about it.  I should leave my computer off for days on end more often, so I am exposed to such crap less often.

• Like 1

not much point in arguing with the thoroughly propagandized, its been a nice relaxing long weekend.  I dont get it when people are shown unequivocal proof that they are wrong on something and then they act all black knightish about it.  I should leave my computer off for days on end more often, so I am exposed to such crap less often.

All I can hear is that song by deep purple.

Don't leave your computer off or we won't be able to watch you ;-)

I haven't looked at the subsequent posts (I see mindtooloud has had a go at you... honestly still can't tell if he's trolling or just..special?) so I don't know what else has been said on this but I would point out that rape stats are rarely trustworthy.

In some nations (Northern Europe, for example) rape is more broadly defined and far more likely to be reported. In others, rape is only rape if a total stranger forcibly has sex with a woman, and sexual assault of any kind is far less likely to be reported. Rape is almost certainly at least as common in China as it is in the USA, but far less likely to be reported or treated as rape.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 1

I haven't looked at the subsequent posts (I see mindtooloud has had a go at you... honestly still can't tell if he's trolling or just..special?) so I don't know what else has been said on this but I would point out that rape stats are rarely trustworthy.

In some nations (Northern Europe, for example) rape is more broadly defined and far more likely to be reported. In others, rape is only rape if a total stranger forcibly has sex with a woman, and sexual assault of any kind is far less likely to be reported. Rape is almost certainly at least as common in China as it is in the USA, but far less likely to be reported or treated as rape.

They might not be trustworthy but that's what we have as a starting point for discussion. They are at least as accurate as someone's feelings that rapes might be higher/lower than those figures. I don't say they are right, only that those are the current best estimate. If someone has some other figures they should post them up.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know that this is the place for that discussion anyway. I told MTL that America isn't all that great, and he said that if movies are to be believed China is full of rapists (because he supposedly thinks I'm Chinese?), and you posted figures saying maybe not, and I said........blah blah. A little off topic. Anyway I don't think another discussion on the 'finer points' of rape is what this website needs...

Suffice to say that in my opinion if there was a way to produce an accurate list of such statistics, the USA would have lower numbers than China, but still much higher than many places. And in my opinion, all we can produce is opinion; the statistics are just that untrustworthy.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know that this is the place for that discussion anyway. I told MTL that America isn't all that great, and he said that if movies are to be believed China is full of rapists (because he supposedly thinks I'm Chinese?), and you posted figures saying maybe not, and I said........blah blah. A little off topic. Anyway I don't think another discussion on the 'finer points' of rape is what this website needs...

Suffice to say that in my opinion if there was a way to produce an accurate list of such statistics, the USA would have lower numbers than China, but still much higher than many places. And in my opinion, all we can produce is opinion; the statistics are just that untrustworthy.

Your opinion is no better than the stats though DB. Those figures may not be correct, but how much more accurate are your opinions ?

The best we can do is to say there is evidence of rape in both countries and leave it there until more reliable figures are forthcoming. MTL has no evidence to support his assertion and Current figures dispute it no matter how inaccurate. Your opinion is no more accurate than MTLs opinion in that respect.

Edited by Karl

Ahh.. let's get this over with as quickly as possible, yes? I can't let such a debate go unanswered..but I don't want a long rape conversation either..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_China

"Marital rape is not illegal in China. Same-sex sexual assault between males was made illegal in late 2015."

"Luo Tsun-yin, a social psychologist at Shih Hsin University in Taiwan, asserts that fewer than one in 10 rape cases in China are reported.

The United Nations's 2013 Multi-country Study on Men and Violence asked men in both rural and urban areas of China if they had ever coerced a female into having sex (including alcohol facilitated rape). 22.2% said yes. 9.3% had done so in the past year. 19.4% raped their partner. 55% of the men who had raped had done so more than once and 9% had raped four or more women. 86% cited sexual entitlement as their motive (the highest percentage in the study) and 57% answered that they raped out of boredom. 72.4% experienced no legal consequences."

"Victims of rape in China often remain silent and do not report the crime because traditional culture holds that being raped is shameful and should be kept private."

My opinion on China was informed by the experience of having lived in the country and observed with a relatively dispassionate eye. Yes, I have a great fondness for China, but I think that I am quite honest about its problems. The above info, as well as other info available, I think confirms my opinion to an extent.

My opinion of the situation in the USA is less informed by experience. I believe the statistics are more reliable (though still not actually reliable) and I have some idea of the cultural tendencies of Americans, having had various American friends and judging that with respect to rape and rape law, the UK and USA are not dissimilar.

In my opinion, sometimes informed opinion is more useful and reliable than statistics -- especially official stats. Though I do admit the need to actually show evidence of having a well-informed opinion.

america is the place where you can fight for you right to legalize weed, do you see that any where else? hell people get murdered for having weed in other countries,

LMFAO, not much point in responding to a troll- but who the h*ll BANNED weed worldwide to begin with???  Until TEAM AMURICA did in the 30s...it was legally used worldwide cross-culturally for millenia!!!

Prior to 1937, cannabis had enjoyed a 5000 year history as a therapeutic agent across many cultures.

And most definitely including China!

And now they blow HALF A BILLION DOLLARS on some phony agitprop???

Aside from the complete lack of ethics (no surprise there), it's just obscene how they could spend $240 million MORE on some lame amateur productions than the MOST EXPENSIVE HOLLYWOOD MOVIE EVER MADE - Pirates of the Caribbean ($300 million), for example.  To put things in perspective here - how do you vastly outspend a full-blown, major production complete with A-list actors and special effects???

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

do you love  "The United States of America" or the Constitution?

(please note, they are mutually exclusive)

Edited by joeblast

do you love  "The United States of America" or the Constitution?

(please note, they are mutually exclusive)

i love my country! and the rules are part of my country!

please stop posting links from spam attack sites  ;)  :P  :lol:

spam attack sites is what keeps our country going please stop being anti our country

Edited by mindtooloud

Sign in to follow this