Sign in to follow this  
blackstar212

Where do you stand politically

old school anti federalist, constitutionalist.  if the power explicitly is not defined, then marbury vs madison gtfo

as such, this quiz is ill defined and cannot even be completed.

any quiz that starts out with

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

is bs, it is not inevitable, its current iteration is the transnational corporations including the central banking establishments themselves that are the sole driver of globalization.  (and the countries they've captured, of course)

There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment.

misses the fact that the "information" part has been so skewed so as to be comical enough to prove once again that truth is stranger than fiction

Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.

more misdirection that is interjecting "the fed's mandate" into the discussion where it completely doesnt even belong.

It is regrettable that many personal fortunes are made by people who simply manipulate money and contribute nothing to their society.

misses the fact that its legal for banks to counterfeit I mean print money every single time they make a loan...or....why should I actually strike out counterfeiting?  that is precisely what they are doing.

Governments should penalise businesses that mislead the public.

I'm looking for the real other question, namely should the public penalize governments that mislead them, especially when its their own?  (which brings into that small problem of the ballot box being messed with)

A genuine free market requires restrictions on the ability of predator multinationals to create monopolies.

finish it!  include the banking establishments that get free money and  interest paid on conjuring it from thin air.  a genuine free market requires ALL ACTORS to be on equal ground, banks are like the banker in a game of monopoly these days.

The prime function of schooling should be to equip the future generation to find jobs.

this is about politics, yes?  what about the states ability to manage this being usurped by yet another unconstitutional federal action, namely the dept of education?  if the government didnt unconstitutionally guarantee student loans, then everyone and their sisters and brothers wouldnt need a degree in underwater basket weaving or its equivalent liberal arts crapdegree.  subsidizing middle class outcomes is not the same thing as subsidizing the fundamentals that produce a middle class.  the feds & bankers blew this bubble, too.

Either the author of this is superlatively ignorant of the law or how to link it to the political process, or it is deliberately idiotified so as to keep the conversation away from the myriad deviations from constitutional law that the federal government has undertaken.

• Like 5

Well I can see 2 who know where they will be placed and dislike their placement. The questions are well thought out and reasonable.

No, they aren't as has been demonstrated. I'm not politically anywhere because I don't want the state doing anything but protecting rights through law and justice. It's a fine quiz for the simple minded, but for those of us with sufficient intellect it is not worth the effort to trawl through the questions which all contain logical fallacies and implicit idealism.

No doubt I would be libertarian on their simple scale-wow, who knew how that would turn out given the obvious question style and simplistic scale. As I'm not libertarian - dur try again.

No, they aren't as has been demonstrated. I'm not politically anywhere because I don't want the state doing anything but protecting rights through law and justice. It's a fine quiz for the simple minded, but for those of us with sufficient intellect it is not worth the effort to trawl through the questions which all contain logical fallacies and implicit idealism.

No doubt I would be libertarian on their simple scale-wow, who knew how that would turn out given the obvious question style and simplistic scale. As I'm not libertarian - dur try again.

from what I have read you are fairly close to Friedman who is libertarian. I scored libertarian but left libertarian rather than right.

from what I have read you are fairly close to Friedman who is libertarian. I scored libertarian but left libertarian rather than right.

left libertarian guffaw guffaw.

This test is based in reality of how our current political world is based. You can still have preferences in our current model. I am tribal anarchy but I am not so deluded to think that will be reality anytime soon same as laizze faire capitalism or true Marxism. All are fantasies in the current world.

The questions don't cover it for me.

Same here.  The questions make assumptions I don't, in truth I can't answer them.  Further the lack of nuance also renders my answers incomplete or wrong.   Seems like many questions are phrased to be 'leading'.

Nonetheless, I am here: Closer to Gandhi then other, but close to the middle. 

Your Political Compass Economic Left/Right: -2.0

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.67

addon> how would I describe myself politically.  Not too political.  I view it like gossip, something to stay away from.  On the hand, its nice to know the players and there motivations.  During this election year I've probably paid/wasted too much attention.

Anyhow, I'd describe myself as an independent (I've swung voted both ways) who tends to lean democratic and left on some not all social issues, yet tends to lean right fiscally, just a little.  I don't mind divided government.  One party controlling all the houses scares me a bit.  I think the U.S needs a fiscal conservative to do house keeping and apply economic enemas every few cycles. 

• Like 4

This test is based in reality of how our current political world is based. You can still have preferences in our current model. I am tribal anarchy but I am not so deluded to think that will be reality anytime soon same as laizze faire capitalism or true Marxism. All are fantasies in the current world.

That's like vote Trump or Clinton.....I would pass. I don't vote for the very reason that the political system is immoral. So, I have no preferences in the present system except to end it.

• Like 1

The questions are well thought out and reasonable.

They seemed leading, and inadequate to truly provide accurate results.

• Like 3

I notice a lot of squirming here from Karl - did you actually do the test? or did you just complain about it.

I did it and also got Left/Libertarian - which given the two axes is about right - given I dislike authority (so I was -5.13 on the vertical scale) but see a small role in government in actually helping people which gave me a slight left bias (-1.63) ... a few years ago I would have been further over to the left - so my views are changing mostly in horrified reaction to intersectionalist regressive left bias in media and so on.  So I think the test broadly works as a rough and ready calculator.

• Like 1

I notice a lot of squirming here from Karl - did you actually do the test? or did you just complain about it.

I did it and also got Left/Libertarian - which given the two axes is about right - given I dislike authority (so I was -5.13 on the vertical scale) but see a small role in government in actually helping people which gave me a slight left bias (-1.63) ... a few years ago I would have been further over to the left - so my views are changing mostly in horrified reaction to intersectionalist regressive left bias in media and so on.  So I think the test broadly works as a rough and ready calculator.

Did I bollox. I don't need tests to know what I think, in exactly the same way I don't read horoscopes to decide my future.

My point, as with JB/Lerner, is that not only are all of these kind of tests a waste of time, but this one in particular is designed to herd the sheep-I don't need mint sauce to realise that it's spring lamb season.

The fact that anyone can believe there is something called 'left' libertarian says it all :-/ First get educated on the primary, single thing which distinguishes libertarians 'the non aggression principle'. It's a flawed philosophy anyway, but this one principle denies taxation in any form what so ever. It isn't a pick and choose kind of thing despite the rubbish talked about it. So, if you are proposing that you can mix and match on a pragmatic basis, then the entire test and its conclusion are flawed. The result may as well be that Napoleon won the battle of Hastings, or Hitler was the star of Mary Poppins.

Seriously, it's, this worthless pragmatic shite that confirms the very worst fears about human rationality. Why don't you just spin a fucking bottle.

Did I bollox. I don't need tests to know what I think, in exactly the same way I don't read horoscopes to decide my future.

My point, as with JB/Lerner, is that not only are all of these kind of tests a waste of time, but this one in particular is designed to herd the sheep-I don't need mint sauce to realise that it's spring lamb season.

The fact that anyone can believe there is something called 'left' libertarian says it all :-/ First get educated on the primary, single thing which distinguishes libertarians 'the non aggression principle'. It's a flawed philosophy anyway, but this one principle denies taxation in any form what so ever. It isn't a pick and choose kind of thing despite the rubbish talked about it. So, if you are proposing that you can mix and match on a pragmatic basis, then the entire test and its conclusion are flawed. The result may as well be that Napoleon won the battle of Hastings, or Hitler was the star of Mary Poppins.

Seriously, it's, this worthless pragmatic shite that confirms the very worst fears about human rationality. Why don't you just spin a fucking bottle.

So I'm guessing you did the test and you came up a commie.  Am I right?

Edited by Apech
  • Like 4

So I'm guessing you did the test and you came up a commie.  Am I right?

I couldn't do the test because I disagreed with the premise of every question. It makes me go mental to be asked inane questions. I think it's because most people seem to be conditioned to fill in things and I've always bucked against it. I get the impulse to roll the questionnaire up and ram it down the neck of someone attempting to get me to label myself through their personal gating system. I won't even do it for fun-it's just 'fuck off'. My sense of humour vanishes to be replaced by a feeling of violation, or forced self immolation.

I was once presented with a personality test at a job interview, at which point I read the first few questions and then moved it to the side of the desk without answering any questions. The interviewer kept looking at me, the at the test and back at me. It was like watching our cats waiting for their bowls to be filled with kitty chow-quite amusing was the puzzled, confused look. Eventually he asked if I was going to fill in the questionnaire, to which I replied that the answer to that was pretty self evident. Naturally I didn't get the job :-)

I was slightly Left and slightly Libertarian on this test...two things which I am not in general.

Or maybe it's a coming out :)

There are positions you would stand for and positions you can stand for.

Or maybe it's a coming out :)

There are positions you would stand for and positions you can stand for.

It's only about certain topics that I'm strongly that way.

• Like 1

Despite my reservations and criticisms of it, the test probably pegged me correctly. 

Me too. I think the questions are relevant on both global and current topics. I'm more dubious on weighting factors.

Is that me or you are mostly shy to show ?

Sign in to follow this