Jeff

Energy Shielding - Theory & Practice

that is so weird--

my left leg just got energized.

that must be some pretty good stuff

I need coffee.

I was singing to some girl in the hallway

Edited by sagebrush

Pretty much all the shields described in this thread so far are of the 'energy' type. While this is one of the easiest to learn, it is not one of the more effective types. It also has significant drawbacks. First, it leaks away over time. Second, it gets 'used up' when challenged by an attack. These drawbacks mean it has to be replenished or rebuilt fairly often. Typically this is days if not in use or fractions of a second if being seriously attacked. There are ways to attach a power source to an energy shield but that has its own problems. A 'ward' is typically an energy shield with an attached power source.

Some of the other shielding types are dimensional shield, temporal (time) displacement, spatial (distance) displacement. These are not affected by being challenged and typically stay in place until taken down (drawback: one must remember to take them down).

As to the issue of it taking possibly too long to build a proper energy shield: One can create a temporary energy shield by dumping lots of energy into their aura. This can be done extremely fast (fraction of a second). As any advanced martial artist knows, chi can be moved within the body so fast that it can stop a physical blow/strike after it touches the skin but before it does any damage. Note this is only effective for a few second or minutes if you are being actively attacked, but it is long enough to erect a proper energy shield or take other evasive action.

Putting energy in your aura is also very effective at dealing with people with 'bad' energy. Simply fill your aura with energy until it starts to leak off the outer edge. This will protect you from crowds or corrosive family members for about 3 hours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is absolutely impossible to shield yourself from energy using any energy or mental system!  This does not apply to psychic attacks,  The only thing that can shield you from energy is a lead shield - like a thick tin foil hat - for your body  :)   Now since microwave poisoning and energy weapons are increasingly in use a tin foil suit could be a good thing.  Maybe that's why the FBI coined the term tin foil hat conspiracy theorist, as a pre-emptive strike against those in the know.

• Like 1

well...

( as used on kitty-Self..)

1. sage ( herbs) works 

2. holy water works ( I got a present from a Vatican. Very strong thing. I use it few drops only in extreme situations. Although, I guess you should be able to buy one online? )

3. Mantras/Praying works ( "any legitimate lineage", I was told. )

4. Neigongs work

5. Heart projection ( perhaps what they mean by "compassion"?), but need to be careful not to get any "hitchhikers" attached.

6. Bells/music ( classical, not screaming teenagers:P) 

7. Fire ( candles or real fire)

8. Knives:) ( I love weapons:P I love watching taichi with weapons from old school masters, you can see what exactly are they doing. And it has nothing to do with actual human fighting...But I think with the sword/fan/etc you are on the fastest route to chop off energetic crap from yourself.) 

Energy shield visualization is the weakest one ( i.e. golden light, spinning spheres, fires, etc). I find it to demand lots of effort and almost no result. 

This is of course all "low level" stuff. "Garden" variety. 

however, if you think you are a "hunted" by more serious spirits... perhaps you need to check on shamanic calling?... those won't leave you alone with bells and water...you either die or you Die... great choices....

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

Lately i've been getting into making orgonite. It's a great tool (if consecrated properly) for clearing out unwanted energies and keeping your space well tuned. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 1

Hello all,

Thanks for the interesting discussion.

While this discussion was very informative and insightful, I have to admit that what I've read was a mixture of things that sounded familiar and things that I didn't know about at all. But that is to be expected, as I am only a beginning practitioner who has little experience in terms of internal work. Since this forum seems to have many experienced practitioners, I would love to meet up and train together one day.

On 9/12/2016 at 3:40 PM, Taomeow said:

My taiji teacher came the closest to ever getting angry with me just once in many years, when I told him I'm "sensitive to energies" in the sense, they can interfere, disrupt, influence me, etc..  I was specifically talking about electromagnetic pollution (which I personally perceive as a violent occult attack, much worse than a random human being is capable of instigating, and I have reasons to believe that the source, the origin of this assault is entirely not human yet very sentient, and very...  but I digress.)   He said that I must learn to protect myself every which way.  Taoist arts of self-defense are a skill that must grow as you work hard on it (that's what gongfu is), not a staged "for show" set-up where what you can protect yourself against is carefully pre-planned by the organizers of the event like in sports.  You need to be ready for the unexpected.

For successful psychic self-defense you need the same kind of calm confidence that's a prerequisite for successful self-defense in taiji.  You don't counterattack peripherally, you counterattack from your center -- an impossibility if you don't have it, so you must develop it.  What it is and where it is is up to you, but you have to have that and it has to be inviolable.  This is a kind of shield installed internally, so you don't have to worry that much about peripheral "violations" in the form of any intrusions and transgressions against you, because they are not going to penetrate there and do any real harm. 

How would one start off in training for shielding, or developing the "center"? My assumption is not to rush, as my teacher have made me train basic techniques for 4 months now, along with standing meditation. Is anybody willing to give any advice please?

And would the principles of shielding become different according to which style of internal work / martial arts the individual practices? For example, many members in this discussion are Taijiquan practitioners, while I've been training in Northern Long fist and internal techniques primarily centered around Tong bei principles, which my teacher learned from the Chinese Hui people. Would this affect things significantly, in the grand scheme of things?

Best,

Aden