I received yesterday the ion generator from Naturair, I am really happy with it. At first glance, the breeze of negative ions is very powerful, it can be sensed at about 1 inch distance from the generator opening. What amazes me is that there is no smell like it used to be with the other ion generator that I had in the past, the other one had a very distinctive ozone smell, this one has no smell at all.

From time to time I can hear static discharges in the air from the grill, and even I can see the small lightnings between my finger and the grill. This device definitely is different than the the other ion generators that are based on corona discharge principle.

Redcairo,

I would recommend you to take this quiz to identify which hormone is your problem. If you have lipodema it may be a combination of excess estrogen with adrenal fatigue, especially if you have anorexia the adrenals may be the cause. So it may be that your kidneys are too yin. How to make your energy more yang? I guess you can help with spices but you have to experiment which one is the best for you. Ketogenic diet is good in your case, and the spices will help with that. There are many spices that can influence the hormones production, like turmeric, fenugreek but to be honest I don't know how these may affect you. Cinnamon is a yang spice that affects the kidneys. But the best for the body is exercise, you have to keep moving and massage yourself, don't let the sedentarism take over. You have to keep the heart pumping, not excessively but a little bit more than a relaxed state. I learned an exercise in which you stand up and with both hands you massage your own body following hands meridians and leg meridians. First part is massage the hands, the left hand massage the right arm, then both hands push over the chest and front of the body in a circular movement over chest and belly then the right hand continues to massage the left arm and then the whole movement back and forth. A similar movement with both hands push the skin of the legs following legs meridians (on the inner side of the legs are the kidneys, liver and spleen meridians; on the outer side of the legs are the gall bladder, urinary bladder and stomach) from the soles of the feet along the legs up to the belly button, where you do a circular motion around the abdomen and continue the motion with the other leg. The massage movement starts and finishes with the hands on the belly button, around the abdomen towards one leg, then returns again to belly button then towards the other leg and so on. Also a similar movement can be made with the hands massaging the outer sides of the legs and thighs until the hands are close to the kidneys and Ming Men point. The movement has to be vigorous, so that the friction between the hands and the skin create heat, and the pressure of the hands feels like a good enough effort to tire you after several repetitions, also the pressure you put on the legs, hands and body makes the blood and lymph flowing through the tissues. You really need to keep the fluids circulating in your body. Another exercise would be to tap your body along legs, and body meridians with your cupped hands. This exercise helps your healing hormones to reach tissues that are blocked. I know an ancient Chinese saying that says if you keep the water flowing it does not spoil, and the hinges of an everyday used door does not rot.

https://www.drberg.com/body-type-quiz

http://www.curelipedema.org/diet/

http://www.curelipedema.org/manual-lymphatic-drainage-massage/

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 1

Randomer: thanks so much for the offer. I will let you know in the future.

Andrei: thanks for the useful advice, appreciate your time and thoughtfulness.

RC

The thing is that now I have two units and I payed for only one, the one that I use with the right paint and Canadian plug (110V) and another one with metallic paint and UK plug (220V). I didn't want to toss the unit in the garbage bin as instructed, so I offer here to return it back or give it away to someone who want it. You will get it as it is, I didn't test it because the plug does not fit our power supply, but as 小梦想 described above it will probably make noise (a hiss and cracklings).

The one that I use now still makes some noises but not all the time. I observed that the feeling of ions, the breeze that comes out of the generators changes in time, probably with the atmospheric conditions or the humidity in the air or even with my state if my body is charged or not, or if I have moisture on my hands. 

Interesting stuff guys. I would never have known that something like paint could make a difference! Clearly there's decent tech knowledge behind what on the surface later might seem like something simple.

The one I put over the litterbox area does seem to be helping. It's not enough at the time before the maid comes (when usage and time-waiting-for-cleaning have been accruing) but I feel sure that the room is much improved by this.

I am not sure about the one in my bedroom (where I also work and usually sit, still overly sedentary for medical reasons), simply because I have too many variables going on with my body to know what to credit when anything changes.

Since I bored you guys previously with the whole insane-edema-problem I've had leading up to and after my heart surgery, I thought I would mention that I went on a ketogenic eating plan on Sep 9th, and today is a week of it. And since the day after I began it, I've been slowly losing edema. It's the first thing that has worked at all. I do expect it to do fine with losing ordinary fat, also. I lost 170# on that approach many years ago ('06, some '07). Didn't regain until gradually starting early 2013, I got about 50# of it back. So I figure I should lose that fat just because I should, and maybe the typical water drop of keto would help. It does seem to. I hope it continues but I'm not sure if it's the temporary drop from just not needing it for processing carbs, or if it's just genuinely helping with the edema itself. Even that is certainly making me feel better though, physically and otherwise.

I have a couple more questions about NI gen stuff.

1. Why limit it? Why not have 15 of them in a small room? How do you measure 'how much' is good vs. bad (is there a bad?)).

2. Are window air conditioners, I mean when on 'cool' not just on pulling air from outside, generating ions due to the airflow, and then 'positive' ions due to the refrigeration somehow?

3. Do other 'atomic collision' actions result in ion generation such as burning incense for example?

4. I see that biologicals would get negative ions, if generated, by breathing. And I do realize our body 'trades atoms' with stuff around us all the time. But do ions 'penetrate' soft bodies including things not biological, such as things botanical?

RC

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 1

Oh a follow up:

1. http://www.envirohealthtech.com/airarticles.htm I'm curious about its positive comments on ozone. Wasn't it being said that was not healthy?

2. I hadn't considered it until I saw it mentioned, but since I put the NI gen in my little room I have used my window unit air conditioner -- which I usually just use the 'fan only' to bring in outside air -- vastly less. I usually have it on literally all the time, nearly 24/7 unless it's making me cold, because my room feels SO "stuffy." I've barely used it in a week. I was just thinking about that last night and kind of wondering why. But maybe it just "feels less stuffy" (obviously it does, or I'd be using it more) and that is an NI gen side effect I wasn't aware of until now.

RC

Edited by redcairo

No, I don't do meditation anymore but I lay on the couch or do some exercises in the morning when the ionizer is running and everything is fine for now. I think you were right, the adverse effects of the ionizer I had before were because of the ozone, not because of the negative ions. But also the quality of air is different here in Vancouver than back in the days when I lived in Montreal. In Montreal the air was so bad in the summer that I was waking up choking from smog while I was sleeping at night.

Great article, thanks!

I've not done well sleeping the last 10 days or so. Hope it's not related to the NI gen as I like having it in my small room. Surely I can adapt around it, even if so...

RC

Oh, Randomer, thank you!

I have been trying for weeks to remember Guy Cramer's name and website. 

Haven't had a chance to see if he still has the same stuff on his website, but that guy is AMAZING!

No, looks like the old stuff is gone. He did the most amazing bit on the effect of weather pos/neg ion ratio shifts on the stock market. Were you following him back then? He finally turned it into a subscription newsletter, and apparently made a fortune. His stuff also had military ramifications, and he had to go hush-hush with that. It was fascinating!

Here's an old page that alludes to his stuff in the stock market arena:

http://wealthmanagement.com/archive/ion-market

And it does look like some of his old stuff is still up at www.superforce.com .

Pretty amazing.

Thanks for that link!

• Like 1

I got back into fasting recently, and so my body would get cold as it does in the beginning when resuming fasting after while. I was about 27h or more into the fast. I was outside earthing for a while. And I could not help but notice how the chi from the earth has a cooling effect. I noticed this but to a smaller degree even when earthing without fasting. I've had Randomer's ionizer almost non stop for a bit more than a week and I notice that the negative ions have a cooling effect on the air as well. We also know that earthing only gives negative ions.

We also know that things like working out tend to increase yang chi (I hope I'm right on that :) ) and that it tends to warm the body/system. 

I haven't done my research on this yet, but I'm putting here maybe you guys know something already; Randomer already mentioned positive ions are used somehow, somewhere in the body, despite POSITIVE ion genrator being a very bad idea.

SO, if you were following till now, could this suggest positive ions are or act as/stimulate yang chi and negative ions are or act as/stimulate yin chi?

Edited by Arramu