Yoda

The Kunlun Prophet Speaks...

Jeez did I write all of that? What a blabber-mouth.

I personally feel like I only know a little bit.

Thanks for putting all of that together Yoda. Now I have a place to send people who asks common questions.

I am just so happy that you guys are able to experience these things directly. Hopefully, people will continue to pursue these teachings while Max is still around (you never know how long that will be). Then they can get the transfer themselves.

:lol:

If Sifu Max suddenly goes Dragon Body I can just imagine the conversations on Taobums from now until the end of time.

"Yeah...we had a teacher once..he came..he saw..he left...we called him Max".

I hope Mantra is getting all the footage he can of Max so atleast at future workshops we can all sit around and do Kunlun and watch Max videos!

Of course, I would prefer he does stick around. I like the man.

Ok, ill bite! What is his Dragon Body in his book Kunlun is also called dragon body is that correct to say>?

Is it anything like Rainbow body part of his Phurba -vajrakilaya?

WYG

Rainbow Body is supposedly a 1-way ticket where all your physical body gets transformed into energy and you go bye-bye, leaving no remains.

Gold Dragon Body is a 2-way ticket where you maintain your physical body in a transmuted, highly-refined form.

Or something like that...I'd ask Chris for clarification if he cares to give it. :D

Anyhow, a Kunlun FAQ will save a lot of work and is surely good!

Edited by vortex

I think WYG question is a good one.

I don't think attaining Golden Dragon Body is anything any of us really needs to worry about accomplishing atleast anytime soon. However, it would be nice to get a sort of clear explanation on what GDB means from Mantra at some point(doesn't have to be anytime soon either imo.)

Cam

Interesting talk about dragons:

Most of the Eastern dragons could also shape shift. They could take the form of different creatures, such as beasts or man. Whensoever they did this, they were always the most beautiful and kind of all the species.

In turn, other animals, including humans, could become dragons. Mainly through magic, people could turn into one of these amazing beasts. One story is of a man studying the magics to change into a dragon. Another has it that a boy swallowed a dragon pearl and transformed into one.

There is also the Dragon's Gate, where fish can take the challenge to become a dragon. They must swim against torrents of water and clear a huge leap, and if they complete this they can become a dragon themselves. This gate is located in the Yellow River at the border between the Shensi and Shansi providences. The transformation from fish to dragon is said to be instantaneous. In addition, the dragons are said to rise from this gate in to the skies in the spring and descend into the waters in autumn.

Dragon Body is similar to Rainbow body except that with RB the space between the atoms of your body begins to contract and you start to physically shrink until you reach a point where you shift into light. What is left is hair and nails and sometimes relics.

Dragon Body is where you have a similar shift energetically, but you are able to come back to your physical form. There are certain practices you have to then do so that you can maintain your form, if you choose to stay here.

I have been on that threshold before and got a tiny glimpse of what Dragon Body really means. It is a kind releasing of all of the tension that binds your many bodies together. A simple thought can achieve this.

But it is not that simple at the same time, because you have to be at a certain understanding (enlightenment) or perspective with your existence. How much are you still attached to your life here? Family, relationships, physical pleasures, your Earthly persona, material things?

Also, there are higher beings on the other side who will let you know if it is your time or not and then there are those who protect the gates to the higher realms. Sometimes you need one more good ass kicking, or you are just ready. Either way, you will be tested.

As some of you know we have a few people in our group who can make this transition at anytime if they choose.

I personally take things slower and plan to be around for a long time since I have a lot of work to do. Plus things are getting more interesting everyday around here so I am curious to see how it all is going to play out for humanity.

Dragon Body is where you have a similar shift energetically, but you are able to come back to your physical form. There are certain practices you have to then do so that you can maintain your form, if you choose to stay here.

As some of you know we have a few people in our group who can make this transition at anytime if they choose.

I personally take things slower and plan to be around for a long time since I have a lot of work to do. Plus things are getting more interesting everyday around here so I am curious to see how it all is going to play out for humanity.

But, if you can still come back in physical form, then why delay?

Or is it just more of a hassle to have to keep doing practices to maintain your physical form afterwards? Also, once over there, perhaps there's no guarantee that you'll still want to come back?

But, if you can still come back in physical form, then why delay?

Or is it just more of a hassle to have to keep doing practices to maintain your physical form afterwards? Also, once over there, perhaps there's no guarantee that you'll still want to come back?

It is not time yet. There are certain promises I made internally. I need to maintain a more mundane level while I do my work plus there is my 8 year-old daughter to consider. No reason to rush, that world will be there when I am done here and I am content with my schedule.

If I come to that point again and I would choose to stay here for those reasons. The tricky thing is when you glimpse that world almost every part of you wants to leave this one. Some in our group don't know if they can resist and they fight it often.

It takes a true Bodhisattva spirit (like Max) to make the decision to stay, when you know you can go.

Edited by Mantra68

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,

Know when to walk away and know when to run.

You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.

Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

:D

My 2 cents.

I thought the same thing about the Kunlun being a different version of Kundalini especially the spirialing of the body when you are not feeling the Kunlun.

Here is what i have noticed from the book that holds some keys for Kunlun!!!

Raising the feet = on/off switch

Spirialing the abdomin = on switch to help it start?!

Without these Cameron or anyone else for that matter would you attain the Bliss of Kunlun?

thanks in advance...

WY

mikaelz,

Kundalini is the upward fire. Kunlun is the downward water flow.

As the downward flow comes over you it can draw the fire up from below and then they merge at the heart. This cools the fire and creates the steam of bliss (magnetic expansion).

WHAT IS BLISS ..., EXPLAIN IT TO ME???

My experience is that the hand position prompts the vitality (jing, essence) of the hara to ping-pong up and down the front, amongst the lower and middle (heart) centers. A kind of kan & li, which we all know sweetens vitality into bliss. Once it's sweetened enough, it becomes less stingy and spontaneously unsticks from the hara and flows (mostly down and) deeper into the body. Yummy. :)

*ouch!, responding to my own post*

(a little narcissism for a Saturday morning) :rolleyes:

My experience is that the hand position prompts the vitality (jing, essence) of the hara to ping-pong up and down the front, amongst the lower and middle (heart) centers. A kind of kan & li, ...

One of the things that came up at 'a previous' forum, years ago, is that ren (the front channel of the m.orbit) is shown as running up in all of the Chinese medical texts. Obviously, us qi gongers are typically taught to run it down. Some sources in the Chinese medical community say that it runs both ways. My opinion is that not only is a version of kan & li embedded in the kunlun method, but also a version of the orbit that is truer to the body's actual functioning.

narcissus.jpg

Trunk,

The friday night lecture that you skipped one of the things Max went over is the orbit running up the front and down the back.

Max teaches so succinctly and so fast. Like he just covered the whole MCO stuff..running both ways and also another way where the energies flow up and down and meet at the heart.

I was just sitting in the front row with my jaw dropping. That first night was really some amazing conversations also with some martial artists in the audience talking about Alchemy.

Cam

Max told me that I don't need the MO. That might just be personal and not necissarily for all practitioners.

But if your going to do Kunlun and 100 days you might as well do what Max says. If you really want another practice besides Kunlun try standing meditation.

My view is running the orbit with your mind-though possibly valid for some people-is mostly a waste of time. Doing Kunlun feels like the natural way to me. Channels open naturally and without effort or "will".

Cam

*ouch!, responding to my own post*

(a little narcissism for a Saturday morning) :rolleyes:

One of the things that came up at 'a previous' forum, years ago, is that ren (the front channel of the m.orbit) is shown as running up in all of the Chinese medical texts. Obviously, us qi gongers are typically taught to run it down. Some sources in the Chinese medical community say that it runs both ways. My opinion is that not only is a version of kan & li embedded in the kunlun method, but also a version of the orbit that is truer to the body's actual functioning.

Reverse MO?

That couldn't work, could it? :huh:

One of the great secrets...

Trunk,

One more thing.

At the Phoenix workshop I had "an accident".

I was going to hang out with Mantra68 and went to his hotel room and Kan was there.

Kan saw me and told me to come into the bedroom.

I wasn't sure what was going on. He doesn't speak English and I don't speak Japanese. And I wasn't going to say no to Kan. I followed him into the bedroom and he asked me to lie down on the bed face up. I did so and he proceeded to do energy work on me.

Kan waved his hands over me for maybe two minutes.

Mantra walks in and sees what's going on and we figure out Kan mistakenly thought I was there for a treatment. I really was in quite a different frame of mind at the time(It was right before we were driving out to the desert) and just didn't know what was going on.

As we were driving out to the desert I suddenly had extreme pressure along my front channel. If felt like my front channel was literally trying to "pop open" from Kan waving his hands over me for a couple minutes.

The next day I tried to schedule a full treatment with Kan but he was all booked.

My advice..even if you never do another workshop with Max do whatever you can to get a treatment with Kan. That goes for anyone who is at a workshop Kan is at.

Cam

For those of you who wanted to see and hear Max speak, I have posted some excerpts from a recent lecture.

You can check it out here.

Enjoy!

I am so excited!!! I tried the suggestions everyone gave me yesterday. I tried doing 4-5 minutes then spiral at the waist. That worked. Spiraling relieves the pain in my back. I also modified the instructions in that my chair has a back and arm rests but they presented no problems at all and it was nice resting gently on the back rest while experiencing Kunlun.

And what made me even happier is that I experienced some of the signs listed in the book that Kunlun is activating. Except I didn't get the bliss feeling. Odd. I'm not sure why that didn't activate but many others did.

Arched back

Bouncing legs

Crawling, itchy skin

Heat

Open mouth

Swirling light with my eyes closed

Tigles

But most important of all...when I finally finished my back was FREE FROM THE PAIN from that awful wreck for the first time in YEARS! I am soooo excited. You have no idea how much it means to me to find something that has given me relief from this constant pain. If it continues I am hoping I can wean myself off pain medication.

If I never had another benefit ever again from Kunlun that one thing alone - relief from my awful back pain makes it worth doing daily.

To Mantra...please tell Max I am forever grateful to him for being willing to teach people this wonderful form of healing Tao.

Edited by SereneBlue

Fellow Bums of the Tao,

I just watched this video, and I was very impressed by what I heard and saw. Based on this video, Max's sincerity and humility are clearly evident; I'd like to see more. Kunlun Nei Gong sounds like what I have been searching for - I'll give it a shot.

I don't feel that I need to see Max demonstrate anything; I'm ambivalent about the need for a "transmission" - not convinced it's necessary - but I'm still open to it. If what he is teaching works, that's all I care about - the proof is in the pudding and I'm the pudding :). If Max should hold a seminar on the east coast (I'm in Rhode Island) I will definitely make every effort to attend.

Max's book Pillar of Bliss (which I ordered before I watched the video - thanks, Trunk for clueing me in on this via your website) will be arriving tomorrow. I'll begin my Kunlun practice, and I'll try to let eveyone know what my experiences are.

My western oriented, engineering trained mind wants to know how it works, what the mechanisms are and how can I improve on it. Well, according to Max (and I believe him), all I need to do is to practice and then it becomes mine - no secrets, no fictions, no bullshit. I'm willing to give it a try.

My left brain has a million questions (just like everyone else). But for now, I'm putting that part of me on hold. I'm willing to let go of theory and embrace experience.

I'll let you know what happens.

Sincerely, your fellow Bum of the Tao,

AugustLeo

Yes, Kunlun has some nice effects - even without the transmission. Have fun! :D

:( Is it really true one needs to have a personal transmission from Max to get the fullest benefits of Kunlun?

Well, happily, I have an answer that I think is both politically correct and true. :)

First, I think that someone could take the method "all the way" under whatever lineage alignment works for you. For instance, I think someone could be a Christian or of an American Indian Tradition, or - for those rare who align with All That Is successfully on their own..

Anyway, next, at least one (or two?) people as I recall, earlier in discussion, received lineage/teacher interaction with Max from reading the book. If you feel drawn into this, relax into that feeling and allow it to be part of your practice. An essential skill of engaging in lineage is learning to "blend your mind-stream" with that of the lineage. From that point of view, Everything is available - from where ever you are.

(Hey, I mean, not that it's not nice to see a Teacher in person. :) )