Yes... this is quite an interesting feeling when it occurs and I've wondered if this is really feeling Qi or something more like the shared presence that connects us all... which maybe is just an energy field of Qi anyways ...  nice to see this :)

It sure is interesting and still surprises me whenever it arises.

To me, it;s seemed to be sensations associated with the wei qi field, but I have no certainty of that.  Some of the aspects of it seem incongruous with how that field has been explained to me so far by my teachers. 

The phrase I bolded really resonates though...  with the sense I've long had that any concept or idea of me being a separate entity, is due to my perception of the energy patterns.  And those which are based around my thoughts, emotions and physical form, seems to easily identify that pattern as a 'self'.  Yet, within cultivation, that field extends, morphs, expands/contracts and interacts with other patterns in ways that defy any sense of separation in any meaningful manner.  Shared presence is a great way of describing the sense of it.

Patterns within patterns.  Cycles.  The smallest of scales mirroring the largest.

As Above, So Below.  As Within, Without.

• Like 2

It sure is interesting and still surprises me whenever it arises.

To me, it;s seemed to be sensations associated with the wei qi field, but I have no certainty of that.  Some of the aspects of it seem incongruous with how that field has been explained to me so far by my teachers. 

The phrase I bolded really resonates though...  with the sense I've long had that any concept or idea of me being a separate entity, is due to my perception of the energy patterns.  And those which are based around my thoughts, emotions and physical form, seems to easily identify that pattern as a 'self'.  Yet, within cultivation, that field extends, morphs, expands/contracts and interacts with other patterns in ways that defy any sense of separation in any meaningful manner.  Shared presence is a great way of describing the sense of it.

Patterns within patterns.  Cycles.  The smallest of scales mirroring the largest.

As Above, So Below.  As Within, Without.

I think within Qigong, we 'feel' based on expanding fields, internal and external... like ripples in a pond...  but your're right to evaluate this, as it puts 'self' as the center and expanding outward from some center core.   This perception is what our minds collate about the experience going on.

To stay on topic so Cheya doesn't censor me  :D

Energy exchange with mass based things gives one level of energy resonance.  This would be with things in our visible, manifest world.

Energy exchange with massless (ok, spell check doesn't like that) based things gives another level within our share space and presence.    

So why is it different?   Here is my experience and speculation.

When we interact with mass base stuff, we get physical resonance as many explain here... similar experiences for the most part.  I loved hugging trees as my hands filled with Qi and it went internal with vibrations.    But the fact is, it is my body connecting with the trees vibrations and in a sense becoming one with the tree:  Me and the Tree are sharing the same space or presence.   

So what is the feeling of merging with non-mass stuff (spell check likes that)?   For me, it turns into more heat based reaction.  I can only guess the energy is vibration faster or a direct sensation of heat.   

The fact that we change what we are working with only really reveals it is working on a different aspect of our acceptance (or non-acceptance) of what is going on.    

JMO :)

• Like 2

"How do you feel chi?"

At the atomic level,

with every breath.

(-:

• Like 1

From the base - LDT - is a large column of energy that is constant and goes well beyond my head. In the head region it is noticeable everywhere and my teeth and the bridge of my nose and forehead are felt strongly. Also up the sides of my head and the ear canals.

It is not uncomfortable but it is very hard to describe: it is a very strong magnetic field but very fluid and it definitely has a feel to it like one of those gyro-exercise balls but with no wobble.

The field now includes all back and side channels and extends above the head many feet - I feel this constantly and it is incredibly pronounced during Qi Gong now - it is then a spectacularly fine feeling that extends in all directions prominently.

The entire body has a field around it that is always palpable - very clearly 10 inches and then very recognizable to 8 or 10 feet as well. The hands and arms and legs and feet are thick to 12" around. The hand chakras are very pronounced during Qi Gong or when ever I notice them.

I always feel as though I am wearing a hat - a really big tall wide hat. But at the top of the head the perimeter is very clearly felt and it feels like the ring of a hat.

My entire body is always very energized in the sense that I can feel a sort of vitalized liquid throughout - I would state it in the language that I know as feeling all the nadis.

I feel my arm and hand bones and upper neck and head bones - often with breath my face bones become prominent.

Frequently when just walking suddenly everything becomes vivified - color increases dramatically - it is always with me but any attention and it increases dramatically. Often I look at my son or my wife and they become radiant - it is fun just to stare at them.

At one point some time ago I finished a two hour private practice at my masters house and as I was walking over to the chair to have some tea a radiance of gold and warmth moved out beyond my face from overhead and I could see it with my eyes open. The master and another student were looking above my head. I sat and closed my eyes for quite some time.

The general feel of the column comming up from the LDT is that it is about 4" in diameter initially and expands to the width of my head and above it slightly.

The MCO is vaguely there though prominent during certain Qi Gong movements - it has been spactacular a few times - once expan ding in a torrent raging circuit about 6-8 inches in diameter and spraying out many feet. Then at another time it compressed to an extreme degree and I could taste metal and had a metallic feel (words are really inadequate here).

The tips of my fingers are often like large Q tips - I can feel the little chakrams at the tips and in between the joints - this can also occur to the toes and feet.

During Qi Gong many simple exercises now bring incredible prominence to these energies - I have gone from intense practice to more practice. In all of this energy the calmness and equanimity is increased exponentially - very firmly grounded and then grounded also in the beauty of it. It is incredibly pleasing to practice and the energy is simply absurd.

It feels like we see in many SciFi films with light exploding through the eyes and head and ears and mouth.

Addition:

The main column also includes from the base of the spine and also from the first chakra.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

For me it starts by tingling or slight numbness in the hands and feet. Thats always the first thing I feel / the easiest for me to identify.

After that it comes in many forms, and I find it's different many times.

For instance, if I put my arms up for a second and bring them back down, I will feel a cool river flowing into them.  "That's the blood."  Sure it is.  "Blood is the mother of qi"  I've never been able to feel my blood flow like that, before starting Qigong.

I also will sweat, but it depends.  Sometimes I feel alot of heat and hot flashes, which will make me sweat.

The fullness of body parts is also very prevalent.

Also, while in deep meditation I've definitely experienced a wind around me.  That doesn't happen too often though.

And the magnetic feelings.

When receiving qi from others, I feel it mainly as a pressure or magnetic wave.

Honestly, each day I find new sensations and new experiences.  They repeat themselves randomly, but not on command. I don't try to recreate them, or hold onto them.  I let them pass me by like clouds or whatever zenny expression suits you best.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

Ever had a Kundalini energy rising experience?  That's what it feels like when the chi is active and to have completed the MCO (micro vibrations, a bit of numbing sensation like being mildly shocked by electricity, seeing light in the third eye, breathing slows down a lot, hunger ceased, and etc).  If Chi is active while you are asleep, you get interesting dreams, visitations, and even doing some astral projection. 

• Like 1