Jim D.

Hillary and Trump

I have for while seen the resemblence between Vladimir Putin and Trump. Joeblast, you seem to be in the minority because Clinton is apparently 10 points ahead in the polls. The reason being is that people just don't have the time to do the research you did, nor do they care to if they are middle America who are more concerned with raising families, keeping jobs, putting kids in school, and making it to retirement. And if truth be known, they would want to be the Clinton and/or Trump having all those bucks to put in the Bank.

It is my understanding that there isn't enough gold to back our dollar. The Banks are just moving around paper that is practically worthless. We might as well make what the dollar is made out of valueable and skip the gold.

This election we don't have much of a choice. Out of all he Republican candidates we are left with Trump, and they seem to be after him for some reason.  And we only had two Democratic candidates to choose from. How did that happen?

• Like 1

"polls"....that are of dubious statistical significance, and then further manipulated to obtain the "correct" result.

"If you dont read the news, you're uninformed......and if you read the news, you are misinformed"

-Twain

its my understanding that the line between federal reserve and federal government was blurred to the extent that once gold was no longer the backing of the dollar vis a vis the invention of the ostensible petrodollar, the gold....will be in the hands of the federal reserve - which is really the banking cartels - so I would not be surprised if there was basically no gold in the hands of "the federal government".....the federal reserve is a theft mechanism, plain and simple.

we might as well make the currency actual money and put the value in the hands of the people, but only crazy people like khaddafi think of those things - and then get executed when they threaten the banking cartels' position at the top of the sand pile.

this election we dont have much of a choice, because its been exposed that there's really only 1 party, that of the oligarchs, and the difference between the faction that supports one "side" of the oligarchs and the other side of the oligarchs is negligible when juxtaposed with "that which would support the people." 

I would assert that this time we actually have more of a choice, since a candidate has emerged that is not just yet another statist preapproved bankster candidate or neocon (neither of which has any interest in the goddamned piece of paper.).

I dont think comparisons between trump and putin are all that useful - I see putin as an excellent statesman and just about the only world leader that has done anything substantial for good lately.

I see trump as a businessman that is as consistent today with his talking points as he was in what, early 90s when he did his interview with Playboy.  

Its amusing watching the system convulse at trump's candor.

wildcard, for sure

but its known by anyone with a modicum of an open mind what we'd get with yet another proven criminal family in the white house.

• Like 4

The critics say that about experiments regarding experimental bias. Statistics can lie depending on who is creating them.

Trump has a fascination with nuclear weapons and recently asked as to why the US doesn't use them.

Edited by ralis

Or @ Ralis, lets do the facts :

Here’s what Trump has said during the five times he has talked about nuclear weapons during the campaign so far:

“Biggest problem, to me, in the world, is nuclear, and proliferation”

Trump said nuclear capability was the “single biggest problem” facing the world in a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times in March. Asked whether the U.S. should be the first to launch a nuke during a confrontation with an enemy, Trump said that should be the “absolute last step.” “Power of weaponry today is beyond anything ever thought of, or even, you know, it’s unthinkable, the power,” he said. “It’s a very scary nuclear world,” he added. “Biggest problem, to me, in the world, is nuclear, and proliferation.”

“I don’t want to rule out anything”

Trump reiterated the fact that he would be the “last to use nuclear weapons” during an April interview with NBC’s Today show. But he said the option is still on the table. “I don’t want to rule out anything,” he said. “I will be the last to use nuclear weapons. It’s a horror to use nuclear weapons.” “I will not be a happy trigger like some people might be,” he added. “But I will never, ever rule it out.”

“We have nuclear arsenals which are in very terrible shape”

In the same New York Times interview in March, Trump indicated that Japan and South Korea might need to obtain their own nuclear arsenal to protect themselves from North Korea and China if the U.S. is unable to defend them. “It’s a position that we have to talk about,” he said. “If the United States keeps on its path, its current path of weakness, they’re going to want to have that anyway with or without me discussing it, because I don’t think they feel very secure in what’s going on with our country.”

“At some point, we cannot be the policeman of the world. And unfortunately, we have a nuclear world now,” he later added.

Trump also said Japan and Korea might need to pay more for their own defense. “You know, when we did these deals, we were a rich country. We’re not a rich country. We were a rich country with a very strong military and tremendous capability in so many ways. We’re not anymore,” he told the newspaper. “We have a military that’s severely depleted. We have nuclear arsenals which are in very terrible shape. They don’t even know if they work.”

“Maybe it’s going to have to be time to change”

Trump discussed his stance further with CNN in late March, saying the U.S. might need to change its decades-old policy of preventing Japan from getting a nuclear weapon. “Can I be honest are you? Maybe it’s going to have to be time to change, because so many people, you have Pakistan has it, you have China has it. You have so many other countries are now having it,” Trump told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. Trump later appeared to contradict himself, saying he doesn’t “want more nuclear weapons.”

“I will have a military that’s so strong and powerful, and so respected, we’re not gonna have to nuke anybody”

Trump “wouldn’t be nuking anybody” because he wouldn’t need to, given America’s defense force, he said in an interview with GQ magazine last November. “I will have a military that’s so strong and powerful, and so respected, we’re not gonna have to nuke anybody,” he said, adding that he would be “amazingly calm under pressure.” Still, Trump told the magazine he wouldn’t get rid of the nuclear weapons because “other people have them” and are “unfortunately gaining more and more.” “It is highly, highly, highly, highly unlikely that I would ever be using them,” he added.

• Like 1

Trump is a common sense guy, just like the rest of us. Put yourself in the position of protecting your family, and you have a very big weapon. The enemy has a stick to defend himself. Would you use your very big weapon to knock this guy of existence? But you and your family are real glad you have the capability. Do you remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki? We will strike hard if need be.

Or @ Ralis, lets do the facts :

Here’s what Trump has said during the five times he has talked about nuclear weapons during the campaign so far:

“Biggest problem, to me, in the world, is nuclear, and proliferation”

Trump said nuclear capability was the “single biggest problem” facing the world in a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times in March. Asked whether the U.S. should be the first to launch a nuke during a confrontation with an enemy, Trump said that should be the “absolute last step.” “Power of weaponry today is beyond anything ever thought of, or even, you know, it’s unthinkable, the power,” he said. “It’s a very scary nuclear world,” he added. “Biggest problem, to me, in the world, is nuclear, and proliferation.”

“I don’t want to rule out anything”

Trump reiterated the fact that he would be the “last to use nuclear weapons” during an April interview with NBC’s Today show. But he said the option is still on the table. “I don’t want to rule out anything,” he said. “I will be the last to use nuclear weapons. It’s a horror to use nuclear weapons.” “I will not be a happy trigger like some people might be,” he added. “But I will never, ever rule it out.”

“We have nuclear arsenals which are in very terrible shape”

In the same New York Times interview in March, Trump indicated that Japan and South Korea might need to obtain their own nuclear arsenal to protect themselves from North Korea and China if the U.S. is unable to defend them. “It’s a position that we have to talk about,” he said. “If the United States keeps on its path, its current path of weakness, they’re going to want to have that anyway with or without me discussing it, because I don’t think they feel very secure in what’s going on with our country.”

“At some point, we cannot be the policeman of the world. And unfortunately, we have a nuclear world now,” he later added.

Trump also said Japan and Korea might need to pay more for their own defense. “You know, when we did these deals, we were a rich country. We’re not a rich country. We were a rich country with a very strong military and tremendous capability in so many ways. We’re not anymore,” he told the newspaper. “We have a military that’s severely depleted. We have nuclear arsenals which are in very terrible shape. They don’t even know if they work.”

“Maybe it’s going to have to be time to change”

Trump discussed his stance further with CNN in late March, saying the U.S. might need to change its decades-old policy of preventing Japan from getting a nuclear weapon. “Can I be honest are you? Maybe it’s going to have to be time to change, because so many people, you have Pakistan has it, you have China has it. You have so many other countries are now having it,” Trump told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. Trump later appeared to contradict himself, saying he doesn’t “want more nuclear weapons.”

“I will have a military that’s so strong and powerful, and so respected, we’re not gonna have to nuke anybody”

Trump “wouldn’t be nuking anybody” because he wouldn’t need to, given America’s defense force, he said in an interview with GQ magazine last November. “I will have a military that’s so strong and powerful, and so respected, we’re not gonna have to nuke anybody,” he said, adding that he would be “amazingly calm under pressure.” Still, Trump told the magazine he wouldn’t get rid of the nuclear weapons because “other people have them” and are “unfortunately gaining more and more.” “It is highly, highly, highly, highly unlikely that I would ever be using them,” he added.

Not interested in your lectures which imply that I know nothing!

Trump is a common sense guy, just like the rest of us. Put yourself in the position of protecting your family, and you have a very big weapon. The enemy has a stick to defend himself. Would you use your very big weapon to knock this guy of existence? But you and your family are real glad you have the capability. Do you remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki? We will strike hard if need be.

Common sense? Hardly! Your narrative is flawed to the nth degree!

BTW, your generalization "just like the rest of us" is offensive.

Edited by ralis

Not interested in your lectures which imply that I know nothing!

Because you said Trump had a fascination with nuclear weapons... which, unless you have factual information to prove otherwise, appears to be incorrect.

Hardly a lecture. The only thing I can find is some alleged conversation, but nothing public, or confirmed, just an ex friend who said he over heard a conversation. Neither have I implied that you know nothing so you can quit playing the victim. If you have other information then please share it. I only went looking because of what you said, I was keen to find out, but it appears Trump never said anything of the sort and in the only times he has mentioned nuclear weapons he said they were dangerous and he was against proliferation.

I like to use my big weapon but not to knock guys out, unless I swing around too fast in the gents ;-)

Because you said Trump had a fascination with nuclear weapons... which, unless you have factual information to prove otherwise, appears to be incorrect.

Hardly a lecture. The only thing I can find is some alleged conversation, but nothing public, or confirmed, just an ex friend who said he over heard a conversation. Neither have I implied that you know nothing so you can quit playing the victim. If you have other information then please share it. I only went looking because of what you said, I was keen to find out, but it appears Trump never said anything of the sort and in the only times he has mentioned nuclear weapons he said they were dangerous and he was against proliferation.

There is evidence and you always talk down to me as if I know nothing. I have reported you to the mods a number of times regarding your violation of the rules here.

There is evidence and you always talk down to me as if I know nothing. I have reported you to the mods a number of times regarding your violation of the rules here.

What's the evidence ?

Well I'm a horrible, evil, terrible despicable person so it isn't suprising.

• Like 1

Ralis, you don't have to read what I believe and assess as true. I like to keep my comments as real as I can. If you were offended it means you took it personally...which possibly means that you may hold yourself above common man and didn't like that a professional holds himself and everybody else to the same standard. We are all equal no matter the station in life the person may hold.

The media has not made an issue of Trumps affinity for nuclear weapons. And if he did have an affintiy for nuclear weapons, he wouldn't be the only person e.g. our military, those that produce nuclear weapons, the citizens of the U.S. And I say this keeping it simple because the citizens of these United States would be arguing for disarmament.

What's the evidence ?

Well I'm a horrible, evil, terrible despicable person so it isn't suprising.

So was Scrooge. But we got to love him anyway. And the truth will set you free Karl.

• Like 1

I am 70, so the new language of using letters escapes me Brian. What does LMAO stand for? As I look at your logo face and repeat the letters I chuckle! :D  Just imagine the guy with the insane look Brian is you, and you are saying LMAO.

So was Scrooge. But we got to love him anyway. And the truth will set you free Karl.

I don't think there's any hope for me though. Tiny Tim has had it.

Ralis, you don't have to read what I believe and assess as true. I like to keep my comments as real as I can. If you were offended it means you took it personally...which possibly means that you may hold yourself above common man and didn't like that a professional holds himself and everybody else to the same standard. We are all equal no matter the station in life the person may hold.

The media has not made an issue of Trumps affinity for nuclear weapons. And if he did have an affintiy for nuclear weapons, he wouldn't be the only person e.g. our military, those that produce nuclear weapons, the citizens of the U.S. And I say this keeping it simple because the citizens of these United States would be arguing for disarmament.

First of all, your analysis of me is not welcome or well taken. This is a public forum which greatly limits your perception of others. Please refrain from divination.

To state that Trump is a common sense person is outrageous.

It is a fundamental premise of Alinskyism that there are only three types of people -- radicals, the enemy and cannon fodder. Alinskyism further maintains that only the radical is capable of rational thought, the enemy (meaning anyone who opposes the radical) is to be destroyed at any cost (the ends justify the means absolutely), and everyone else should literally be viewed as expendable.

People often talk about Rules of Radicals but that was just an instruction manual; the underlying philosophies were expressed nearly two decades earlier in Reveille for Radicals.

(Hillary is/was a disciple of Saul Alinsky, BTW.)

• Like 1

I am 70, so the new language of using letters escapes me Brian. What does LMAO stand for? As I look at your logo face and repeat the letters I chuckle! :D  Just imagine the guy with the insane look Brian is you, and you are saying LMAO.

It's Roman for I am not the messiah.

• Like 1

Laughing My Ass Off. (LMAO)

There is always a happy ending for those that are in a como at the time of death. It's all that in between stuff that we have to put up with.

The one thing you have to hand it to Karl who knows himself. When I initially started to talk with Karl, he admited he was annoying. He uses a lot of "you" words which piss people off. I am use to karl now. I just say...that's Karl.

• Like 1