Veezel

What exactly is "Inner Nature"?

It was more than that...Keep the mind on the breath and the breath on the mind. Other things I need to go over...haven't finished it yet

if you don't know what inner nature is, replace it with unknown. You are searching something you don't know.

• Like 1

if you don't know what inner nature is, replace it with unknown. You are searching something you don't know.

True that is.  It is hard to find something if you have no idea what it is you are looking for.

• Like 1

True that is.  It is hard to find something if you have no idea what it is you are looking for.

and its not possible to find it or get it, otherwise you should know what you gave away and therefore logically you should know about it too.

does that mean "thirst for knowledge" is neverending?

• Like 1

does that mean "thirst for knowledge" is neverending?

I do wonder about that.  I am always interested in learning new things.  But really, I feel I already know enough to be able to live my life comfortably so why would I want to search for new knowledge?

Maybe the thirst is there.  But then, we should discriminate between what is useful and what is not.  So we must ask:  Why do I want to know this or that?

• Like 1

I do wonder about that.  I am always interested in learning new things.  But really, I feel I already know enough to be able to live my life comfortably so why would I want to search for new knowledge?

Maybe the thirst is there.  But then, we should discriminate between what is useful and what is not.  So we must ask:  Why do I want to know this or that?

When i am cornered and no way out i am therefore faced with my fate, like 1vs1. Then comes out more easily the inferiority and superiority as what is useful and what is not, like there is no point anymore to eat when i am seeing truck coming towards me, so i might walk now away to different place.

Maybe the most felt important questions to us are already too late to deal with?

• Like 1

So many potential conceptual integrations making inductive leaps of creativity.

I never cease wanting to improve my mind.

• Like 1

In Dzogchen Thogal, you in fact look backwards into your heart and see with your eye vision what is there.

The best way to be clear about it is through direct experience.

In Thogal, you see directly what you are.

That's an interesting way of 'looking' at it.

I wonder if that is the same as mysterious gate in daoism which I take as that interface between what we experience in the manifest and what is on the other side of the door.   

• Like 1

Well, in Dzogchen everything you experience as outward is interpreted actually as a projection from the inside.

In other words: There is no external world.

This just becomes obvious when you experience the liberation of your elements into quintessences as externally seen light visions

how many turnings you are away from seeing the projection? The source of light itself needs to be out in order to have objects come out as visible to the eye. So you depend on earth, eyes,  body,  brain,  senses etc.

Light goes back the same pathway as it came. Then that means you don't need to know particularly anything.

Edited by allinone

... you don't need to know particularly anything.

I could qualify for a lot of things if that was the only criteria.

• Like 1

I could qualify for a lot of things if that was the only criteria.

Classic.

• Like 1