Junko

The origin of mankind

Re:

-----

"Outer space and infinity LOL

You need to stop getting your science from Pixar ;-)"

-----

It's actually much simpler than that.

Everything on earth comes from outside of earth.

Which is "outer space".

The earth did not just suddenly appear from inside itself.

The rest of what I wrote is also just as simple.

-VonKrankenhaus

Its the words you are using.

The Earth is part of a finite universe, of which there is no inner, outer, or even a specific entity called space. I don't take issue with the rest of what you wrote, I just picked up on the infinity/space and thought of buzz light year which made me laugh.

Stephen Hawking has already clarified that.  The universe was created out of nothing.

Which is to say it wasn't created at all. Nothing is nothing, something is something. Are we back in the Dao/PI thread ?

Cosmogeny, that is the the origin or creation of existance is to be regarded as a mystery. We know very little of the beginning of existance itself, and the big bang is inevetably unexplainable in terms of what triggered it or how it came to be, we simply do not know. with any certainty. Furthermore from a purely logical standpoint, all forms of ontological emergency are paradoxial in nature, and it seems as if our current logic is inherently incapable of asserting the truth of cosmological emergency.

(EDIT:) Or we have yet to come up with a theory that is logically consistent.

Edited by leth

Which is to say it wasn't created at all. Nothing is nothing, something is something. Are we back in the Dao/PI thread ?

Yes, I think that was an interesting documentary the way and the when it was produced and presented.

Stephen's primary theme was that no God is needed for the universe to exist.

And I feel the documentary was a rebuttal against those who criticized Neil Tyson and the "Cosmos" series for saying that there was no God involved in the creation of the universe.

• Like 1

Cosmogeny, that is the the origin or creation of existance is to be regarded as a mystery. We know very little of the beginning of existance itself, and the big bang is inevetably unexplainable in terms of what triggered it or how it came to be, we simply do not know. with any certainty. Furthermore from a purely logical standpoint, all forms of ontological emergency are paradoxial in nature, and it seems as if our current logic is inherently incapable of asserting the truth of cosmological emergency.

Yeah.  I like the Big Bang theory.  But always try to remember that it is a theory.  There is enough data to make the assumption but we need remember that it is only an assumption.

Theories and assumptions are pretty ease to come up with.  Facts are a bit more difficult.

But given that this is not a dream and we really are manifestations of Dao we should live and question.  We won't always get the answers we want or even get an answer at all.

Yes, I think that was an interesting documentary the way and the when it was produced and presented.

Stephen's primary theme was that no God is needed for the universe to exist.

And I feel the documentary was a rebuttal against those who criticized Neil Tyson and the "Cosmos" series for saying that there was no God involved in the creation of the universe.

That seems right.

Existence is an axiom and therefore irreducible.

• Like 1

God is love.So according to this 'love'contribute a lot to find out about it.I am sure.

God is love.So according to this 'love'contribute a lot to find out about it.I am sure.

That is a concept I have heard many times before.  I try to never argue against it.  It is a good concept.

You already talked of genetics and environmental influences. But there is more in my book. And your mention of Man's "imaginative soul" leads me to the question: What was the "soul" that "imagined" humanity as a whole?

My concept of 'soul' is seen as a development brought about by the circulation of those two forces I mentioned ... circulated in cycles ( think alchemical 'circulation' ) over hundreds of thousands of years. 

Can we agree on the World Soul?

We can , as a term, but what is understood by that term ?  We may differ there. 

Did it express an "Uridee" in the Platonic sense?

Sorry, I am unfamiliar with the term

I hope now you start seeing what I meant by different influences coming together. I was not talking about different DNA strands - at least not primarily.

Yep. 

But now that you brought this up: Where do, for instance, the "swimming skins" between our fingers come from? No other primates have them.

Good question   . 

But now that you brought this up: Where do, for instance, the "swimming skins" between our fingers come from? No other primates have them.

Good question   . 

Carry-overs of evolution from when we were fishes.

Adam came from Mars.

Eve came from Venus.

They mated.

The rest is history.

..... and then ... there were these two brothers  -  the 'Gemini twins'  ('Lovers'  -  one from heaven, one from hell  ;) )  ... everything was sweet  .... then they started to fight about stuff.

2160367-two-newborn-babies-lie-on-the-bl

That  brother's story , I have seen it in so many different cultures. 

• Like 2

Energy/matter wise this is a given.

I have noticed that the theory that biological life originating from outer space is gaining more fans.

Well, its a handy shift of the problem to 'another place ' .

How did God come into existence ?   Some other God made him, of course .      ;)

• Like 2

Humans have a side of to taking risks and exploring.

Yes Junko ... this is part of what developed and what is expressed in Mankind's ' imaginative soul' . 

Still, it is not a quality that some animals lack .   You must realise that dogs like exploring and taking risks too ... and sometimes, just doing things for the pure fun of it ! 

ever been on a 'dog sled' ? 

dog-sled-o.gif

but the human 'imaginative soul' leads Man to  far more than this.

• Like 1

In terms of the origin of mankind, what are things we can observe, how can we test our belives around the origin of mankind and what sort of personal experiences can help us understand the truth about the origin of mankind?

Through empirical evidence and clear analysis of that evidence removed  from our own contextual beliefs ... which can include our personal experiences . Otherwise we tend to interpret our findings with prejudice. 

In the forward to ' Ancient Egypt - from the First Farmers to the Great Pyramid'  John Romer  has a great section on this. How our interpretations beyond the empirical  findings caused us to have a slanted view, and how to actually make accurate conclusions from the evidence at hand. 

For example, in much of the old post Victorian archeology, it was interpreted that great rises in culture were bought about by some superior  civilised 'race' colonising and teaching .

......  Ummmmmm ... just like the British Empire thought about itself . 

• Like 1

Stephen Hawking has already clarified that.  The universe was created out of nothing.

gotta start somewhere   ^_^

Its either that or blame some trash from another universe , a previous universe, God made God 

Its either turtles all the way down .... or somewhere a turtle 'just appeared outta nuthin ! ' 

• Like 1

Huh ?   We were the only primates that were fishes ?  

• Like 1

I like the theory that a close ancestor of ours spent time in the swamps.  A few thousand maybe 10's of 1,000's of years which made us naked apes (fur being impractical due to dry cleaning costs), with bigger brains that ate fish and were good for cooling.   Some mammals like whales and dolphins headed out to sea, we spent time in the swamp, then came back to land. 

Can't say its a well received theory, but its out there and I'd put $2 bucks on it. 

• Like 2

Well I know precisely nothing about the origin of man, but it would seem logical to me that we are made up of all the other kinds of things on the planet. So we are part, virus, bacteria, insect, fungus, plant, tree, flower, worm, jellyfish, snake, fish, animal, bird, as indeed everything else is and which we live symbiotically to the extent that many are now integral to our systems It's all cellular growth multiplying in response to the environment. Something converts something to something else. We have organic acid and bacteria in our guts and even a rudimentary kind of brain controlling it seperately to the one inside our skulls.

The most miraculous thing-beyond our consciousness-is our unique ability to reason, perhaps as result of the need to communicate hunting perceptions which then became conceptions. That change is such a radical development it really does make it totally impossible to predict the next evolutionary twists. We can now do literally anything within the bounds of physical laws. It's only a matter of time before we harness a virtually limitless energy source and a method to cross enormous distances between galaxies, colonise and terraform planets. Who knows what is next for us. Maybe we make our own worlds and rapid transport system between them like an advanced metro.

That life crawls forward is the universe continually evolving itself. Incredible stuff.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 3

That  brother's story , I have seen it in so many different cultures. 

Just as strangely, that stuff happens with nearly all species of life.

I guess it has to be attributed to the instinct for survival - survival of the fittest.

gotta start somewhere   ^_^

Its either that or blame some trash from another universe , a previous universe, God made God 

Its either turtles all the way down .... or somewhere a turtle 'just appeared outta nuthin ! ' 

He did stick with evolution though.  I still haven't figured out where he got the initial pure energy though.

Huh ?   We were the only primates that were fishes ?  

I know.  I had to make some kind of response.  I didn't do the research.  A comparison between humans and other primates would be necessary, especially us and the other apes.  (Not monkeys.)

Re:

-----

"You already talked of genetics and environmental influences. But there is more in my book. And your mention of Man's "imaginative soul" leads me to the question: What was the "soul" that "imagined" humanity as a whole?"

-----

Animal was created by vegetal.

The thing that shaped human being from ape was that the climate cooled (due to position of solar system around galaxy) and large fruits and nuts contracted into seeds like those of wild grasses and small pulses (beans).

Wild grases are the most recently evolved plants.

Human being are the most recently evolved animal.

Throughout evolution this has happened.

Changes in vegetal realm become changes in animal realm.

We are the dreams of plants.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 5