Junko

The origin of mankind

MotoJournal_MikeDoohan.jpg

I dont think he is steering the bike by turning the wheel the wrong way, he is leaning the bike on the side of the tire,and steering the wheel the other way ,to stay more or less upright . wikipedia said the next move is to turn the handles the other way, is that not correct? I wager that wheel is right about to come back the other way.

maybe the glitch cleared ?

Anyway, was trying to say, that honda pic reminded me of work , commute to work on the Triumph and spend all day working on a Honda 90 step through :D

That road looks sterile as it was pretty new when pic taken.  The old one kept having to be closed from landslides, so they built it out from the cliff.  Attracted every motorcyclist in the state !

I imagine quite a few of you went sailing off into the sky.
  • Like 1

No , if your steer straight up, it will force you down harder on to the road  :)

and now for something completely different ;

Mostly addressed to Junko, Michael and anyone else who knows about Japanese culture, in this case , Iaido.

What use is the Sageo  for , when it is tied with one end to the scabbard and the other to the belt ?  

Edited by Nungali

I dont think he is steering the bike by turning the wheel the wrong way, he is leaning the bike on the side of the tire,and steering the wheel the other way ,to stay more or less upright . wikipedia said the next move is to turn the handles the other way, is that not correct? I wager that wheel is right about to come back the other way.

He is drifting the rear. It's not normal motorcycling and he isn't a normal motorcyclist. It's really a stunt turned into a style. He is effectively in the middle of what we call 'a high side' the motorcycle is unstable, it is crashing and he is saving it through the turn by a process that most riders could not replicate. Usually, if you see a shot of a road rider doing this kind of thing, then the very next photo is of them flying through the air and the bike carrying on until it hits something solid.

• Like 1

He is drifting the rear. It's not normal motorcycling and he isn't a normal motorcyclist. It's really a stunt turned into a style. He is effectively in the middle of what we call 'a high side' the motorcycle is unstable, it is crashing and he is saving it through the turn by a process that most riders could not replicate. Usually, if you see a shot of a road rider doing this kind of thing, then the very next photo is of them flying through the air and the bike carrying on until it hits something solid.

That's all I'm sayin. :) 

That's all I'm sayin. :)

You never appear to know what you're saying so we can all rest easy knowing your expertise extends to no specific area whatsoever :-)

I await your opinion on future subjects-of which you know precisely nothing-with complete apathy and disinterest ;-)

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

We might want to investigate the origin of you two guys.

Neither of us know it, although we will certainly claim it.

• Like 2

We might want to investigate the origin of you two guys.

Cain and Abel of course  :)

• Like 1

You never appear to know what you're saying so we can all rest easy knowing your expertise extends to no specific area whatsoever :-)

I await your opinion on future subjects-of which you know precisely nothing-with complete apathy and disinterest ;-)

Dont put him off .... remember I have asked about the use of the Sagao in Iaido .  ^_^

No , if your steer straight up, it will force you down harder on to the road  :)

and now for something completely different ;

Mostly addressed to Junko, Michael and anyone else who knows about Japanese culture, in this case , Iaido.

What use is the Sageo  for , when it is tied with one end to the scabbard and the other to the belt ?

Let's talk about this on your Iai-do thread.

I have a Iaido thread ?

I tried to make a new post and it wouldn't do it, been having trouble ever since and locked out for 2 says ? ? ?   It actually worked ?   (goes off to find it ) ....

You don't know who your Mum is...?

Origins of who I am, .. or Karl, ,,.. I figure its a composite of things, and theres different views to consider.

Since we seem not not to be just the product of genes, a collection of materials. And my/ones mental origins are in a black box of sub conscious. ... and I didnt really know much of my parents either.

While I was out and about, I confabulated a whole scenario, a train of connected ideas , which made such perfect sense of discombobulated data., and accepting it , well ,, I was so sure it was real!

Im thinking our egoic self is probably similar.

Im thinking the rope is for restraint ,of one thing or other, captured enemies, holding back garb, or holding a scabbard in battle. Its like the hitch hikers towel.

But for all I know ,its just decorative,, if used that way.

Edited by Stosh

I think it would be impossible to pin-point any particular "origin" of anything.  That is why, when speaking of the human animal I always fall back on the process of evolution.  Cause and effect, you know.  And really, all of the causes will likely never be known.

• Like 2

I think it would be impossible to pin-point any particular "origin" of anything.  That is why, when speaking of the human animal I always fall back on the process of evolution.  Cause and effect, you know.  And really, all of the causes will likely never be known.

Yeah, Its convenient to be able to say ahA This is where it started, or, This is what its for!Or this how we we became like this. But the reality is grayer IMO.
  • Like 1

Yeah, Its convenient to be able to say ahA This is where it started, or, This is what its for!Or this how we we became like this. But the reality is grayer IMO.

But I still like to think that my opinions and understandings are correct.  Hehehe.

• Like 1

But I still like to think that my opinions and understandings are correct.  Hehehe.

Dont we all? 

• Like 1

I'm with you on this.  Seems more of a co-conditional arising, than a pinpoint origin.

• Like 1

Maybe, this planet was not meant for mankind.

I can confirm that 'this planet' happened to support life and humanity was part of the diverse evolution of that life.

• Like 1