Wu Ming Jen

Now that the lie of Christ Mass is over

I would suggest that one actually read the words of Jesus. See what he actually says in the gospels, rather than what you have been "told".

Best wishes. :)

And to do that you'd need to learm Koine Greek...

:)

That was a serious argument of Nietzsche.

(But he suggested going back even further.)

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Yes, Yaweh LOVES killin'...as much as him loooves roastin' sinners in hell for all eternity...and Christians meanwhile revere blood and torture. Thats their symbol ffs!!! They crave armagedon and terrible global bloodshed. I mean, if it werent for roasting sinners, how would the golden city be heated?? Certainly not by good intentions!!

Merty Christmassextinction indeed!!

But I loves the pagan trees!!

8)

Well, whaddya expect, when their most holy symbol is a tortured guy dying on a cross  ?   :wacko:  

-  I never got why they didnt use this , its seems a lot better , a bit more hopeful and scares the kiddies less

Jesus-at-Tomb.jpg

or this 

jesus-taken-up-into-heaven.jpg

I guess they not appropriate for a death cult ? 

• Like 1

I would suggest that one actually read the words of Jesus. See what he actually says in the gospels, rather than what you have been "told". Best wishes. :)

What he actually says ?

That aint in the the gospels ... there are a few scant second hand quotes ... the rest is 'what we have been told '  by  M M L & J 

• Thanks 1

That was a serious argument of Nietzsche.

(But he suggested going back even further.)

and listening to Jesus ?   

It was only the last 'world religion' , manifested in the 1800s  ( Bahai's) that have scripture actually written down by the hand of their prophet. 

What he actually says ?

That aint in the the gospels ... there are a few scant second hand quotes ... the rest is 'what we have been told '  by  M M L & J 

Is that not also true about all of the great teachers? Their words written down later by others.

More broadly my point was about the supposed "warmongering" concept that others were describing in association to the words of Jesus.

Jesus said he came to bring war not peace. He also encouraged people to sell their stuff and go buy two swords.

Meanwhile, if you believe like the contrmporary Christians (falsely) believe, then Jesus IS God so whatever He said in the OT is all part of the same series of acts by the One God. So I reckon turning the other cheek was a change from the old way of slaying every man woman and child of the enemy.

8)

Is that not also true about all of the great teachers? Their words written down later by others. More broadly my point was about the supposed "warmongering" concept that others were describing in association to the words of Jesus.

Anyway, the 'real' Jesus was a mushroom, so if you want to converse with him, get ye to the cow paddies, collect the flesh of God, and start trippin balls.

;)

• Haha 1

My sister got me a projector so now I can blow up movies & stuff on my wall real big.

• Like 2

Is that not also true about all of the great teachers?

Maybe. but  you were not referring to other teachers , you said " I would suggest that one actually read the words of Jesus. See what he actually says in the gospels, rather than what you have been "told"  "

Not,  " I suggest that one read the great teachers," 

Their words written down later by others. More broadly my point was about the supposed "warmongering" concept that others were describing in association to the words of Jesus.

I think they got that from reading Jesus , see post 34    & 35    .... words written down by others , So how are they going to 'actually' do what you suggested , regardless of your  'but all the others did it  too.'   ? 

Edited by Nungali

Maybe. but  you were not referring to other teachers , you said " I would suggest that one actually read the words of Jesus. See what he actually says in the gospels, rather than what you have been "told"  "

Not,  " I suggest that one read the great teachers," 

I think they got that from reading Jesus , see post 34    & 35    .... words written down by others , So how are they going to 'actually' do what you suggested , regardless of your  'but all the others did it  too.'   ? 

Then let's take your and others example "on making war" and look at it in context of the gospel...

“What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:27-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Do you think that passage is about starting worldly wars?

Then let's take your and others example "on making war" and look at it in context of the gospel... “What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:27-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬ Do you think that passage is about starting worldly wars?

Suitable for the Christian chapter of ISIS.

May kaboom vest proliferate all over and be sold and bought openly in Ebays.

Idiotic Taoist trying to search for similar sayings in TTC to start Taoist chapter of ISIS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jesus has  often been dubiously co-opted by every tom, dick and harry to come down the pike for the last couple thousand of years....

but he is the real deal, alive and well, warm and compassionate, and can be reached beyond all that nasty co-opting that has been brought up and or carried out per fanatics which have given so many of us reason to doubt his existence as a "golden" immortal of great kindness and goodness of soul.

Om   

• Like 2

Does he have an "800" number?

Actually, I have never had a problem with most of the things he supposedly said.  Except maybe turning the other cheek.  I don't do that.

Then let's take your and others example "on making war" and look at it in context of the gospel...

“What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:27-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Do you think that passage is about starting worldly wars?

Another little hint for those who seem to not understand. This time from the Buddha in the Dhammapada...

Death overtakes the man

Who, giddy and distracted by the world,

Cares only for his flocks and his children,

Death fetches him away

As a flood carries off a sleeping village.

His family cannot save him,

Not his father nor his sons.

Know this.

Seek wisdom, and purity.

Quickly clear the way.

• Like 1

turning the other cheek takes a great warrior,

leading from behind per the TTC takes a great leader,

otherwise such measures can be misguided and idealistic, thus failing.

• Like 3

WoW!  So much symbolism.

When I was young my number was 69.

Dont worry . You will soon be issued with a new number .................

..........................................    THX 1138   

Take 4 red capsules and in 10 minutes take 2 more.  Help has been dispatched and will arrive soon . 

Edited by Nungali