Yoda

vibrations, bone density, weight loss

Zhan zhuang is the basic practice in yiquan and we do a lot of that.

There are several different types, levels and benefits of standing. In our first level of standing the practices of muscle / tendon changing and marrow washing are present. Part of the muscle / tendon changing is gained doing movements & stretches while standing. The shaking and trembling that occurs after one holds the postures for 20 minutes or an hour is where the real benefits come in. It is where the tendons really develop and where the marrow washing occurs.

From day one our teacher told us this and pushed us to persevere through some of the most intense shaking, thundering & bouncing I've seen humans endure. It also produces an intense amount of heat inside the body and just about everyone sweats profusely at first. Anyway not to stray to far from the subject......

The shaking and vibrating is when the tendon changing and marrow washing occur. I've read about these studies that were done on lab rats and immediately realized that science had proven a very old tradition that many had written off as bullshit.

John

Guest artform

Hi All! :D

I've had my soloflex vibration platform for a little less than 2 months, and the results have been ... well, "impressive" hardly begins to cover it.

VP_Soloflex.jpg

I believe that it's pertinent to a post that SeanDenty made about a year ago (bold, mine):

My current assertion is that the average joe schmuck qi gong experimenter, by the use of the vibration platform, could avoid the above unfortunate situation (as well as a host of other miscellaneous). I know that I'm making this assertion with only a very narrow basis of experience, but hey. :)

So, I've put the vibration platform (link) in alchemicaltaoism.com, with various reference links.

Just now considering adding this approach to our practice. Any updates regarding its merits in yours over the last two years? Thanks for any feedback.

humming on all appropriate frequencies all

artform

Bump.

As a response to someone who asked about how to lose fat in later stages of qi development.

I knew the info would show up again. This is a REALLY important practice.

HINT, HINT

:)

It is where the tendons really develop and where the marrow washing occurs.

The shaking and vibrating is when the tendon changing and marrow washing occur.

The ancients were really onto something with that marrow-washing. Infected or dry-rotted marrow can be responsible for a lot of chronic or serious diseases, often experienced in older age. Who woulda thunk? Just check out the photos in here!

The best thing I've bought and still use.

Smile,

What are the benefits you have seen using that vibration plate? Have you tried any other vibration machines?

Zhan zhuang is the basic practice in yiquan and we do a lot of that.

There are several different types, levels and benefits of standing. In our first level of standing the practices of muscle / tendon changing and marrow washing are present. Part of the muscle / tendon changing is gained doing movements & stretches while standing. The shaking and trembling that occurs after one holds the postures for 20 minutes or an hour is where the real benefits come in. It is where the tendons really develop and where the marrow washing occurs.

From day one our teacher told us this and pushed us to persevere through some of the most intense shaking, thundering & bouncing I've seen humans endure. It also produces an intense amount of heat inside the body and just about everyone sweats profusely at first. Anyway not to stray to far from the subject......

The shaking and vibrating is when the tendon changing and marrow washing occur. I've read about these studies that were done on lab rats and immediately realized that science had proven a very old tradition that many had written off as bullshit.

John

Hm yeah very cool thanks for the info. I sometimes shake alot in low horse stance, which is weird to me.. Theres not really any pain but after awhile I'll start bouncing and stuff lol.

Smile,

What are the benefits you have seen using that vibration plate? Have you tried any other vibration machines?

I'm not sure about the benefits because of all the stuff I'm doing - it's hard to attribute the specific practice to the benefit. On the positive note, I haven't experienced any significant side effects form the bone marrow practice or the hitting practice and with using the Soloflex and that is a great benefit to me.

Some additional pointers from questions in PMs:

- Take it really easy, it's a very hard practice and will test your will and your body.

- The jaw should be only slightly tensed during the practice.

- We do this practice to bringe maximum tension, which will be followed by maximum relaxation. It's though relaxation that the energy freely flows through you. We don't want to be an energy bag, we want to be more like an energy channel. The more you train your mind and body, the more you can focus the flow like a laser if you need to.

-After the practice massage all your muscles/joints/organs etc. After a few weeks it will be helpful to get a metal wire hitter like Healing broom (thanks Keith) or the one Chia sells (either form bamboo or metal). Also visit Keith's page titled "Massage as pertinent to jing gong" for more information.

- Also Soloflex platform will help a lot in relaxation after the practice.

- Testicle massage is important (follow Chia's recommendations from his sex book).

Again I repeat: take it slowly, build the time up slowly. Meditate. If you can't meditate sitting, do the standing practice till you build up enough energy flow to do the sitting. If you have sex and cum, you should take a brake for a few days. Learn not to cum, or you will never advance with this practice. It will transform jing to chi, but if you don't have jing, there is nothing to transform, plus you can hurt yourself.