MooNiNite

Is the earth round/spherical?

Earth Shape  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth Round?

• Yes
    • No

Well, he doesn't have a strong enough gravity to support that claim. ;)

An apple pie perhaps?  This would make it both flat and apple.

So, if I understand the videos I posted correctly,

then earth is allegedly flat, but its mass bends its inhabitated space in such a way

that when you "arrive at the end of the plane, you are again at its beginning". ;)

Haven't bothered to watch the video and I'm not doubting your understanding of what it presented but that would mean that everything with mass would necessarily appear to be spherical and that is clearly not the case.
  • Like 4

An apple pie perhaps? This would make it both flat and apple.

I like apple pie. Let's go with that answer.

I was pointing to the wave-particle duality and the fact that every energy wave is seemingly also a particle.

This then would not apply to gravity waves.

Gravitons.

The wave particle duality is not really a duality.  Light, gravity and so on as forces behave paradoxically 'as if' they are particles and also waves.  

• Like 2

If the videos present scientific facts, then there is no reason to assume that there is such a thing as gravitons.

I must admit I haven't watched the vids - are they by someone sensible?

At least everything with enough mass to keep satellites in orbit is possibly "in fact" "flat",

as the satellites "really" fly in a straight line through the warped space-time.

There's no magical mass above which a body is able to keep a satellite in orbit. From dust motes and snowflakes to galactic superclusters, gravity seems to behave very consistently. It is the mechanism itself which isn't yet well understood.
  • Like 3

Note: The waves traverse a medium.

This, to me, is really the most interesting part of the gravitational waves finding. I think it drives home that Michelson-Morley was misinterpreted.

• Like 3

The universe is weirder and stranger than one can possibly imagine.

Hi rails,

Neutrinos are still to be fully understood,their story is fascinating so far.

Millions pass threw us and everything else including our planet be it round or spherical.

Hypothesise all you like,created at the 'big bang'these nuetrinos continue to expand into infinity space.

They are everywhere,continuously subjected to them,what are the effects.

Can we focus on neutrinos,if we do,what changes and where does that lead us.

Is it a 'force' known only to the 'Jedi',"binding the universe".

• Like 1

This, to me, is really the most interesting part of the gravitational waves finding. I think it drives home that Michelson-Morley was misinterpreted.

You want to reintroduce the aether?

Some other findings support this - like galactic spin and dark matter suggest some kind of medium I think.

• Like 2